Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Hi 👋 there I just like to Introduce myself I am from the UK I've been a Sonic fan since the 90's and my first Sonic game on the Sega Mega Drive. And I am a Sonic Collector and would love to share you my Sonic Collection with you all :) And I read the IDW Sonic comic books series I have Issues 1-36 latest till now and different vibrant covers and comic con ones as well :) It's a pleasure to meet everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, I'm Shade.

I've been a huge Sonic fan ever since I could remember, my first console was the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis for y'all Americans), and played the heck outta Sonic 1 and 2 back in the day.  I've watched all the cartoons and played most of the games, and I just recently got back into the fandom and started reading the comics (the IDW run, I'll get to Archie someday, maybe). I used to RP in the sonic community when I was younger, had a bunch of bad recolor OCs (still have those OCs actually, but they're much more original designs now with better names).

My favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2, and my least favorite is Sonic Lost World. (Fight me.)

Outside of Sonic, I really enjoy Nintendo games, especially Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, and I also collect and play trading card games (mostly Pokémon and Magic the Gathering). I listen to a LOT of music and consider myself somewhat of an audiophile. I have college diplomas in Creative Media, Film Production, Video Editing, and Music Technology, and I sometime dabble with remixes and compositions. I've written a few songs but I don't know if I'll ever release them.

• Nice Smile 1

Hiii. I'm Jen. I'm almost 28 from Canada. Have been playing Sonic games most of my life. Big fan also of all the tv shows. 

I also enjoy playing games like Animal Crossing, Zelda, Harvest Moon, and The Sims.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:57 PM, sassytassie said:

Hiii. I'm Jen. I'm almost 28 from Canada. Have been playing Sonic games most of my life. Big fan also of all the tv shows. 

I also enjoy playing games like Animal Crossing, Zelda, Harvest Moon, and The Sims.

Welcome to the Stadium! You've got a great taste in games, I love The Sims!

• Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Piko said:

Welcome to the Stadium! You've got a great taste in games, I love The Sims!

Thanks! It's pretty great. I used to play it for hours in high school (TS2 and TS3). I don't play TS4 nearly as much but still enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Strider, nice to meet you.

I've been a dyed-in-the-wool SEGA fan ever since I got my first games console, a Mega-CD, when I was 7, and Sonic especially is still a huge part of my life even though I've just hit the big Three-Zero.

I've been following the Sonic Stadium for years, and finally decided to sign up for the boards since the other place I used to frequent is practically dead now. I look forward to getting to know everyone and finding my own little place here.

As far as my interests go.....Anything SEGA related, especially Sonic (the Adventure games are my favourites, but I've never played a Sonic I actively disliked.....and yes, that includes 06), and ESPECIALLY Skies of Arcadia (which is hand on heart my favourite game of all time), the Mega Man franchise (the X series in particular), Transformers (G1 for life), anime (my tastes tend to lean more towards late 80s-mid 90s stuff) and, oddly enough, WW2 Naval History, Samurai History and Three Kingdoms-era Chinese History, thanks to Azur Lane and the Samurai/Dynasty Warriors games.

I'd say I fancy myself an aspiring writer, but while I have tons of ideas and even have a little headcanon'd OCverse in my head ready to be unleashed.....finding the motivation to actually sit and write anything is tricky for me sometimes. Maybe if I can get stuck into an RP or two it'll get the creative juices flowing again, who knows?

Anyway, I think I've rambled enough.....Thanks for indulging me and I look forward to making this my new home-from-home in the future!

Edited by Strider_Xhaiden
Forgot to add some information.

Hi, I'm The Ghost Cat or Ghost for short.

I've been a Sonic fan since the very first release of the first Megadrive Sonic The Hedgehog game so I'm an old man! And yes I'm European XD.

I grew up watch AoSTH and SatAM and reading Fleetway's Sonic The Comic.

Nice to meet you all!

Oh hello there!

I'm Vee-Skies, been a loooooong time Sonic fan since SA2, though the first Sonic Game I played was Sonic and Knuckles on my dads old IBM laptop (y'know, the massive things with the red nubby)

Never read the archie comics, though I'm holding off on reading the IDW ones because I love the IDW volume collections, and the first one is coming in June this year. Can't wait! I did used to read the Fleetway Comics when I was younger, and I regret binning them after reading them LIKE THE FOOL I WAS!

I also draw stuff.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:45 PM, The Ghost Cat said:

I've been a Sonic fan since the very first release of the first Megadrive Sonic The Hedgehog game so I'm an old man! And yes I'm European XD.

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you too, enjoy your stay.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:26 PM, Vee-Skies said:

Oh hello there!

I'm Vee-Skies, been a loooooong time Sonic fan since SA2, though the first Sonic Game I played was Sonic and Knuckles on my dads old IBM laptop (y'know, the massive things with the red nubby)

Never read the archie comics, though I'm holding off on reading the IDW ones because I love the IDW volume collections, and the first one is coming in June this year. Can't wait! I did used to read the Fleetway Comics when I was younger, and I regret binning them after reading them LIKE THE FOOL I WAS!

I also draw stuff.

Hello to you too, hope you show us (the members of ssmb) your drawings.

Hello, 

I’m Owl. I’ve been lurking this site for 20 years and have finally decided to speak on the forums. I had a terrible fear of being trolled in my younger days, but now that I’m in my 30’s it’s time to start talking with people about sonic - the franchise that raised me. 😂

I am a Knuckles fan, and actually liked the Archie Comics (F U Penders). When sonic 3 was released it was the greatest day of my life. 

my engagement ring was modelled after the master emerald and is actually a 5 ct Colombian emerald :)

my plan/dream was to be in japan for sonic’s 30th but covid stole that from me. :( 

feel free to add me on IG @usagitsukinobunny :)

thank you all from the bottom of my heart for keeping sonic and his legacy alive all these years. 💙💙

On 3/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, The Ghost Cat said:

Nice to meet you all!

DONT worry - me too. Hahahaha. 

• 1 month later...

I am (Perhaps) the top Sonic fan in Idaho!

Feel free to say; "Say something! you fake hedgehog!" LOL

I've been playing Sonic for 3 years now, and recently decided, to collect everything, having to do with the series. (All the games esp.)

I am a real Sonic the Hedgehog freak. (And proud). 

Note: I am a newcomer to this site!🙂❤️

My first Sonic game was... Sonic the Hedgehog. (1991

Yo.
I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, so I finally decided to make an account. My first introduction to the Sonic series was Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic SATAM (a bit unusual, seeing as I was born in the 2000s). I was captivated by his speed and attitude and became a big fan. My first Sonic game was technically Ultimate Flash Sonic, but in terms of official games, I think it must've been the demo for Sonic Generations. Other than Sonic, I like some anime, tokusatsu, history, geography, science, etc. 
I hope to have a lot of fun on this forum, talk to some people about Sonic, and meet you all.
Peace.

• 4 weeks later...

Hellooo!!! :sparkling_heart:☕
I am
Dakota!!! I have been a Sonic fan since I caught a glimpse at Sonic Underground at age 8 or 9, and back then I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and, since then iv become a massive Sonic fan!!!
I kinda fell out of the Sonic fandom in 2015 in favor to reading Homestuck. Probably the biggest mistake of my life. But now I am finally getting back into the community, and I dont just mean binging AMVs on youtube set to Sonic X clips.
Recently I bought Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam and it seriously brought be back to when I used to play SA1 & 2 as a teen, and its the most fun iv been having in a while with a video game! That and looking at the old, torn up comic books I bought in mass when I was younger. A lot of them are torn and damaged beyond repair but all of them are seriously so important to me, being the first comics iv ever collected!

Nevertheless!!! I seriously cant wait to dive headfirst into the Sonic craze again!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, BirthdayCake said:

I am
Dakota!!! I have been a Sonic fan since I caught a glimpse at Sonic Underground at age 8 or 9, and back then I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and, since then iv become a massive Sonic fan!!!
I kinda fell out of the Sonic fandom in 2015 in favor to reading Homestuck. Probably the biggest mistake of my life. But now I am finally getting back into the community, and I dont just mean binging AMVs on youtube set to Sonic X clips.
Recently I bought Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam and it seriously brought be back to when I used to play SA1 & 2 as a teen, and its the most fun iv been having in a while with a video game! That and looking at the old, torn up comic books I bought in mass when I was younger. A lot of them are torn and damaged beyond repair but all of them are seriously so important to me, being the first comics iv ever collected!

Nevertheless!!! I seriously cant wait to dive headfirst into the Sonic craze again!

Welcome back to the fandom! 

It is exciting to see zeal restored. Is Silver The Hedgehog a fav of yours? 

On 6/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, BirthdayCake said:

I am

I also watched Sonic Underground as a child. That show is so bizarre I feel like it never happened but then I realized that it did. Manic and Sonia had the same VA as Sonic, Eggman had those two weird lackeys, they had magical necklaces that turned into instruments which they used as weapons? Man that show was...something. And this is not even mentioning all the animation errors and just plain weird plot points. 

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I’ve been getting back into Sonic recently, which inspired me to join this site. The first game I played was either Sonic 1 or Sonic 2 on my model 2 Genesis as a kid in the early ‘00s and I enjoyed those games and picked up a couple others over the years, but it was in 2013 when I really started getting into the series. I got Sonic Generations for the PS3 I had recently purchased and playing that game inspired me to check out the other Sonic games I had been missing out on. My favorite would end up being Sonic Adventure 2 with Sonic Adventure 1 being a close second. I remember I once stayed up so late playing the PS3 version of SA 2 in my college dorm that it was almost dawn by the time I finally went to bed. I also spent a lot of time as a member of the old Sega forums during 2013-2015. At some point I guess I got burnt out and stayed away from the fandom and the games for awhile, but lately I have been feeling my interest in Sonic as well as my interest in participating in a Sonic-related forum again returning.

Aside from Sonic, I’m into Sega’s consoles as well. The Genesis was my first ever console; I got it as a Christmas present back in the late ‘90s. The only Sega console I got when it was still current was the Dreamcast, which is also my favorite Sega console. I also own a Sega Saturn too as well as a Sega CD and a Game Gear.

So technically this is a re-introduction as I was here a while ago for a bit (but only talked about one subject). 

I'm "Cube" (or "Cube1701" when it's taken), I've been a Sonic fan since I got a Mega Drive when I was 4 or 5, now I'm in my 30s. I'm also a massive board game fan, with around 100 board games.

I'm currently trying to play every single Sonic game possible and am looking for some good places to discuss the games with other Sonic fans, which led me here. I've got a list of around 140 games to work through, although some aren't possible (or extremely difficult) to play.

• 2 months later...

Im DoodlesYT. Im new to this forum site as of now. I make decent art, and mod games. I like sonic and sonic fan games. I also like to talk about things (mainly video games) from the past.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, DoodlesYT said:

Im DoodlesYT. Im new to this forum site as of now. I make decent art, and mod games. I like sonic and sonic fan games. I also like to talk about things (mainly video games) from the past.

Your avatar looks cool, is it an edit of Sonic screensaver sprites or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! It's been a long time since I've been on forums, but its good to be back. Ageing myself a bit, I used to frequent the GHZ forums back in its heyday. Much like everyone here, I have always loved the blue blur and especially Nights into Dreams. I like drawing and other art stuffs as well. Going through the Yakuza franchise atm. My days of forum discourse are far behind me. Now, I just want to chill out and talk about video games. Maybe eat some blue curry 🤢

Hello, I am Brian, just signed up on here, I am an old-school Sonic fan, I'm 37, I grew up with the classic Sonic games and cartoons and comics, but I'm slowly starting to get into newer Sonic material, I've watched some of Sonic X and I like it... And my username is an obvious tribute to the Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic 2, I love the music in it, only one of many great Sonic zone tunes of course :)  And otherwise, I enjoy music, drawing, photography, watching sports, exercising, traveling, etc...  Excited to talk with more Sonic fans on here, both new and old :) 

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone!

I'm Alex (Jookie141) and I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm just gonna tell you all some things about me.

Favorite Music: Jason Mraz, Daft Punk, The Beatles (I listen to a lot of stuff. Usually I just listen to what makes me happy.)

Favorite Sonic Games: Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Mania 

Favorite Non Sonic Games: Super Mario Series, thats really all of my favorite games.

Favorite Sonic Character: This may sound corny but my 1st fav is Sonic, my 2nd fav is Shadow.

I'm so glad to be here in the community with you guys. Thats all I gotta say for now

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Martha. I'm an autistic Black female who grew up in Harlem in the 1990s. My neighbors were white and I had a close bond with their daughter, Liz, who was 12 years older than me. Liz served as my second mother, since she spent a lot of time with me, and she was the person who got me into Sonic; on my fourth birthday, to be exact. She was playing the first game on her Genesis and I was enthralled. I asked her what she was playing, and she told me it was Sonic. She was surprised I never heard of it until then, because she knew I'd like it. And I did. 

I remember when Sonic 3 came out. Liz wasn't allowed to play it until after my birthday, because I wanted to be there with her. When I first saw Knuckles in the opening cutscene, I became infatuated with him so much to the point that I threw up all over Liz! Knuckles became one of my major childhood crushes (the other being Hawkeye from the Iron Man cartoon.)

I knew a lot of things a kid my age wouldn't about Sonic, like Sonic X-treme, Tiara, and Madonna; helps Liz had a friend who'd import Sonic the Comic and other British Sonic stuff from her cousin, who lived in the UK. That's why I wasn't fazed by Fleetway Super Sonic.

When Sonic Adventure came out, I was mad because they changed the designs. Autistics dislike change. The worst offender was Amy, because I had a special fondness for her old design, as it looked like Minnie Mouse, who was my absolute favorite character in anything as a baby. However, I learned to get over it, thanks to Liz telling me that some things don't go the way we want them to, and I found Sonic Adventure an okay 3D platformer. The sequel I liked much more, due to a compelling story and badass Shadow. (I remember when I first saw him in a commercial, I said something along the lines of "THIS GUY'S BETTER THAN SONIC!!!!!! Now I'm GLAD the looks were changed!")

I mainly like the American Sonic lore due to being raised on it. Shame Ken Penders is a dick. I saw the movie with Liz (who flew over to NY, because she lives in IL now.) We thought of it as "the movie that never was." (As in, I would've loved it as a kid.)

Right now, I want to become a children's book author, and create a beloved world of characters inspired by my childhood favorites.

• 3 weeks later...