Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Hi,

I'm Max of Max Team, developers os SEGA inspired fan games.

I woudl like to joint the community and get the abilitation to post threads.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 11:22 PM, Ingolme said:

Hello, I'm Ingolme.

I used to be a moderator on the official SEGA forums years ago but they eventually shut down their forums and I got disconnected from the Sonic community. I haven't really been part of any community since then and I've been a bit nostalgic about it so I've decided to join here.

I'm kind of surprised to see a forum like this still running and even active. These days it seems as if most people have moved onto Twitter or Discord, but they don't have the same community feeling to me as a regular forum.

You could call me a Tails fan, I used to draw lots of fanart but have been less active in recent years. I'm an artist in my spare time and a game designer and programmer by profession.

I look forward to getting to know you.

That's pretty cool! I'm also a Tails fan! Do you still work as a game designer and programmer now? :)

Mic check, is this thing on?

Hi, my name is Fire, I suck at intros so I'm keeping this very short. I was told by some friends about some minor shenanigans that happen on this site and two years later i decided to make an account. Better late than never, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Fireluigi1225 said:

Mic check, is this thing on?

Hi, my name is Fire, I suck at intros so I'm keeping this very short. I was told by some friends about some minor shenanigans that happen on this site and two years later i decided to make an account. Better late than never, I guess.

Well, pleased to meet you all the same.

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Well, pleased to meet you all the same.

Nice to meet you too

Hello! My name is Breezed, or Breeze/Breezi/Breezy, whatever you want to call me! I've been a Sonic fan since I was 10 or so, probably earlier! So, that might tell you who and what I like as a Sonic fan. I went here to connect to the community

• 2 months later...

Hello Anyone i'm An 23 year old male with autism who loves adventure and traveling around and being An History buff as An 23 year old american and An former Eagle Young Marine member and An major Sonic fan and militaria colector and cosplayer and i'm fan since sonic colours and my favorite Sonic charaters are infinite and tails

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Spudley here! Just a dude who enjoys Sonic.

I don't say much, awkward potat here.
I try to meme but always afraid to post incase they're bad. Happy meeting all!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, Zeke here! Excited to contribute to the threads, perhaps write my own. I enjoy most of the ones I've read in the past. I just now mustered the courage to really get myself an account and perhaps make a name for myself. YellowishJadedCygnet-max-1mb.gif.20d3f33c8c688e45b86b6d4038938d51.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Have I really not posted here before? Woops, I guess I’ll do that now, then!

Hey there, I’m BunnyVidsYT, but you can call me Bunny. I’m an 18-year-old dork that loves to ramble about whatever comes to mind. I’m also the world’s biggest Sonic Lost World fan! But of course that’s not all I’ll be talking about, in fact I don’t think I’ve even talked about it at all on this forum yet.

In terms of other favorites and such, my favorite Sonic characters are as follows: Zavok, Orbot & Cubot, Omochao, Jet the Hawk, Shadow, and Knuckles!

I also really enjoy drawing and writing - those have been my biggest hobbies since day one! Day one of what, you may ask? Life. Ever since I knew how to pick up a pencil, I was drawing. Ever since I knew how to read and write, I was doing creative writing. I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, either!

I’ve been mainly a lurker for years but I’m now finally coming out of the shadows since I got my old account working. I completely forgot I even had one, so perhaps that’s what deterred me from contributing to the forums for so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Sonic Stadium! Hope you have great fun posting and taking part in the forums and discussions here :) If you have any issues or questions, just let me know! :D 

• 3 weeks later...

It's showtime!

Shining Legacy here, though you can just call me ShineLay. Nothing too special, just an average Sonic fanatic guy from a background where Playmobil Fans are treated blankly (not in a bad way) trying to make it work.

What's also surprising is that Shining Legacy is also the name of my new fan game. Taking place after the events of Sonic and the Fallen Star, the game follows Sonic and Tails on their journey in the Great Lakes, a pristine island known by most as the new resting place of the Magic Emotion Cube (referencing a Korean series starring a princess whose mission is to re-capture sprites that can enter people's minds). Much like the first SpongeBob movie, during the adventure, Sonic learns the true power of men and tries to be one as he escapes a bar unscathed and crosses a volcanic trench covered in permafrost. There's more where this comes from, but as for now, I just want to get this out there!

I hope we can all get together and share our ideas from the wildest depths of our imagination, but in the meantime, have some fanart. Later!

869364578_SonictheHedgehog(StoriesofMobius).png.5b4d56919c1d4efe82f132395c79adc0.png 928297600_MilesTailsPrower(StoriesofMobius).png.bf2e430003ebaab3f0fd66b291a6f1ce.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, InfinityVas here! and I mainly remix game music.

Ironically, the first music I started remixing was EYX's music, not the original game music.

Anyway, I'm also thinking of remix some music from the original Sonic game and will check back often after remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am HedgeKat. I'm a long-time Sonic fan. I have vague memories of watching Sonic SATAM on TV as a very young child, and I really started to get into the franchise with subbed Sonic X back in the day. I also really loved playing Unleashed on the Wii!  I never really joined the Sonic community itself outright until very very recently. I've just been on the edges.

I'm currently enjoying the IDW Comics, and plan to play through Sonic Frontiers.

I draw sometimes, and write sometimes. I also love cats, travel, music, and nerdy stuff in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

I totally forgot to post in the introduction thread - oops

Yo, I'm Fieryfurnace!

Sonic Adventure DX was the first videogame I ever played, back when I was a very young child. Since then, I've been an on-again-off-again fan of the Blur Blur for nearly twenty years. I'm not super active online, but I lurk and occasionally post about the games and comics. I suppose my main "contribution" to the Sonic community online is preserving DiC Sonic media.

I've been collecting scans and pictures of Sonic SatAM production materials for the past eight months to digitally preserve the legacy of DiC's Sonic animated media in a Dropbox archive - I'll do the same for AoStH and Underground sometime later. I'd really like to make a thread about the materials in the "TV/Film" section of the "Sonic Chat" forum topics here, but I don't have permission to make a thread yet. I'd also like to be able to send messages, since there are a few users here who aren't active on other social media who said they would save images of SatAM's concept art back in 2014/2015, but never re-hosted them anywhere else - and lots of that art is now permanently lost after the eBay auctions ended. I'm not sure who to contact about getting permission to make a thread - is Dreadknux the right person?

• 5 weeks later...

@Dreadknux

PLEASE let me make new threads and post comments in the Sonic News threads, and send messages to other folks on Sonic Stadium. It's honestly kind of frustrating that I can't share the concept art and materials I find, and other people need to post my Twitter threads and stuff.

I'm not just "OP" - I've been here a while. But I don't have the permissions to post the things I've been sharing on Sonic Retro for ages.

Feel free to DM me directly if there is an issue, to avoid derailing topics... we have a few limitations for all new users to protect the forums from spam and malicious attacks. I'm happy to move you up to the regular community member usergroup though given the above.

Just now, Dreadknux said:

Feel free to DM me directly if there is an issue, to avoid derailing topics... we have a few limitations for all new users to protect the forums from spam and malicious attacks. I'm happy to move you up to the regular community member usergroup though given the above.

That's one of the problems - I can't DM anybody directly. I wouldn't derail this if I could DM you. It says I have a maximum of 0 messages per day. 😭

• Way Past Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Fieryfurnace said:

That's one of the problems - I can't DM anybody directly. I wouldn't derail this if I could DM you. It says I have a maximum of 0 messages per day. 😭

Oh right, of course. Sorry! :stressin:

Turns out there are some automatic usergroup promotion rules that for some reason aren't running correctly, you should be sorted out now anyway. 🙂 

• Nice Smile 1

Hello, all. I work on arcade games for a living. Grew up with the franchise, I was released one week before the NA release of Sonic 1 so June is fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

My apologies for not Introducing myself. 

I have been a Sonic fan since the first Sonic game came out on the Sega Mega Drive. I am a Sonic The Hedgehog collector myself and been collecting Sonic Merchandise for 8 years now. I would love to share my Sonic collection with this fantastic community once I'm aloud to post new topics.

Also I'm a IDW Sonic comics fan with 162 different variant covers from the mini series to the current comics the specials etc. I'm looking forward to posting In the forums and meeting with other Sonic fans on here as well.

Just a quick question how do you get members status? Sorry for asking. And thanks for everyone's time reading this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, Im Tricksternaming I am just your typical Sonic fan. I like drawing, Making ocs, and Other stuff. 

If you wondering if I have a Sonic sona than yeah here he is...

(cringe i know)

2023_04_19_0mq_Kleki.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed that this thread exists, haha. Well, hi! Nice to meet you all. I'm Owen/Ouenji!

I'm decently new to the fandom, coming in after the second movie, but I've spent the time since going through the franchise history to a point where I'd be confident to say I know a lot, even if I wasn't there for it when it happened.

My favourite thing in the franchise is the characters and lore, which has ended up really drawing me into the comics. I'm on around issue 200 of Archie, up to date on IDW, and sadly haven't gotten around to starting Fleetway. Even though I'm British, so you'd think that's where I would have started, but nope lol. I'm also a big fan of the shows, and I'll never get over how underated Sonic BOOM is just because of ROL's bad rep.

I'm still a fan of the games, of course! I haven't been able to play all of them, obviously, but so far I'd say my favourite games so far is the original Sonic Adventure.

Also, I'm a hobyist artist, so I've been working on improving my Sonic art! I'd say that's been going pretty well, so I might end up sharing some here at some point.

Thanks for reading if you did, and hope you have a good one!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone!,

I am Aghzaikas and I have been a Sonic fan ever since I was a kid. My first games were Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and Sonic Heroes. Over time I played more of the Sonic games. 

Unfortunately due to life events and circumstances I lost touch with Sonic, but it came back on my radar after I heard about the success of the Sonic movie. 

After getting some free time and wanting to explore my pages I ended up on here. 

Glad to meet everyone 🙂