Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Hello , I'm new here and I have been a lifelong fan of Capcom particularly the Resident Evil,Street Fighter,Onimusha series.

I grew up playing and adoring MD and SNES,I really have good memories of these consoles.

My fav games are: Ghouls'n Ghosts (Arcade) ,Final Fantasy VII (Psx) and Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

Happy to be here!

• 1 month later...

Hello!

It appears my account is crippled until I do a bunch of stuff, like make posts and woo people with my charm. That's fine, I'll bite...

So I'm an oldbie. Some will know me. For those who don't, I came onto the internet all the way back in 1996! I started a Sonic fan site in 1997, which was absolutely terrible (but I thought it was great at the time!). I eventually learned of this wonderful thing called emulation in early 1998, and following TomSonic's famous discovery of how to access Sonic 2's Hidden Palace Zone in an emulator that year, I soon found myself taking up the hobby of hex editing savestates and ROMs. I put up the very first version of the Sonic 2 Hacking Guide in December of the same year.

I wound up joining the Sonic Stuff Research Group in January of 1999, and spent quite a few years from that point-forward trying to figure out everything I could about the internals of the Sonic games on Genesis. Eventually, level editing, art modifications, and music importing became possible, among other things. My efforts were expanded to the Sonic 1 Hacking Guide and Sonic 3K Hacking Guide. Eventually I branched off and created a website called Sonic Hacking Community (commonly referred to as SHaC). I eventually ended my Sonic ROM hacking escapades in June of 2004.

I have done many other things over the years, but that's what most people know me for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys i'm new here but I was active for some time now on SS's discord server

But now here I am!

Uhhh i don't know what I should say about me I guess I like Sonic too? I'm also brazillian if there's any fellow brazil people here let's eat a Coxinha some time

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I've been reading the Sonic Stadium for years but finally decided to sign up and get more involved.

I've been a sonic fan since I was a toddler in the early 90's. My mother tells the story that we were walking past a computer shop and saw a big cardboard stand of Sonic in the window. Apparently I stopped dead in the street and was transfixed by the Blue Blur. Turns out that "love at first sight" does exist after all.

30 years later and not much has changed! I grew up reading the Fleetway comics, playing Sonic Jam and Sonic Adventure, watching the SatAM cartoon and daydreaming about what it might be like to actually one day get to play Knuckles Chaotix (plot twist: it wasn't worth the wait).

I never stopped loving Sonic but I didn't follow all of his exploits in the late 00's and early 10's. It wasn't until Mania was announced that I felt myself drawn back in. Seeing the Mania announcement trailer was an almost identical experience as Young Me seeing the Sonic stand in that shop window.

And now it's good to be here!

• Fist Bump 1

Hey! Welcome @Clunky Mage! I think I may have had a similar first experience to you when I was a kid in the 90s haha! :D Hope you have a great time on the site.

16 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Hey! Welcome @Clunky Mage! I think I may have had a similar first experience to you when I was a kid in the 90s haha! :D Hope you have a great time on the site.

Thanks so much! :ok:

Guess I never formally introduced myself.

Hello all! I'm a 30+ year Sonic fan here. Not sure when the love began, but my parents tell me my uncle is the responsible party. Apparently he had the original game on the Genesis and let me play, and that was it. I was all of 2 years old at the time. Been obsessed ever since. 

I'm a music teacher and library assistant and I think my love of music is very much owed in part to the Sonic franchise. The music, as we all know, is top notch!

I actually used to have an account on this site going back to 2004 or 2005, if I remember correctly. My computer lab partner back in school was also a huge Sonic fan and made me aware of this great place. But here we are, starting from scratch ;)

It's a pleasure to be here with you all. I'll probably not be up to date on anything new (I haven't really been playing any games past 2004...) but I'll try to keep up!

Hello, everyone! 35 year old fan, thought I'd introduce myself! I remember always watching my brother play Sonic on the Genesis, and never being good enough to do it myself. Still traumatic memories of the drowning music.

Anyway, I remember having the Dreamcast, don't even know why I asked my mum to buy it for me. But I played the SA demo and thought that that was the best game I'd ever played in my life. And that was that, I guess. Played the Adventure series, Heroes, Shadow, Unleashed, and kinda dropped off by '06. But always stayed a fan.

I've been trying to replace some of the social media things that I do with honest to God old style forums, so here I am! Glad to be here!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Just realised I haven't posted here yet. I'm an long-time fan, though I've never had much of an internet presence. I only created my Sonic Stadium account last week despite getting my news here for years! The late 90s/early 00s Sonic games were my introduction to the series. Since then, I've played nearly every mainline game and a considerable number of the obscure ones too. Sonic has been a constant source of hope in my life and I look forward to engaging more with other fans!

• Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! I go by Maria.Sosori, and I have been a Sonic fan for a few years now. I am currently on a mission to experience every bit of Sonic media I can, official or fan-made, obscure or well-known. I have even started learning Japanese in hopes of translating Sonic manga! (By the way, you can stop reading here. The rest of this reply is just some other stuff about me.)

My favorite characters are Shadow, Maria, Rouge, Omega, Metal Sonic... pretty much all the baddies/not-the-most-morally-correct, although I do like the hero characters. (The Black Arms are the coolest alien species ever, you can't deny that.)  

My favorite Sonic games are Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Adventure 2, and Shadow the Hedgehog. Granted, out of those three I've only played SatSR, but I still love the others. Even if ShTH, SA2, and SatSR may not be perfect, I still can't help but love them. Even if I don't exactly know why. 😅

I am a Sonic Music Addict™ and am also on a mission to listen to (and download) every Sonic OST I can get my hands on. (Yes, including the TV shows.) Psst--Listen to 'Blue on the Run' by Runblebee. ♪

I also enjoy Metal/Rock music and lots of their sub-genres. I enjoy a few obscure artists, namely A2/Mona Lisa Overdrive, Sins of a Divine Mother, and Yuyoyuppe. I am quite good at finding and researching artists! Anytime I find a new artist I like, I listen to every song of theirs and make a playlist of their best ones. 
That's it for my 'About me' for now, but I do have a few questions if someone could help. Seeing as one of the problems I'm about to mention is related to posting, I can't really ask anywhere else.

1. How do I upload a banner/header image to my profile? I've seen some users with it. Is it a feature that you can unlock? I can't find a button to upload one anywhere. 

2. I can't post a new topic. I think it's a feature only for members that have passed the 'newbie stage', but the issue for me comes with selecting a forum. It won't let me select one. My mouse only changes when I hover above the object I'm trying to select, but never when I'm actually trying to choose a category. I don't know if it has something to do with my browser, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I hope my asking a few questions that aren't quite related to the discussion doesn't invalidate my response...

Hi there! Nice to meet you @Maria.Sosori! I hope you have a great time with the community here! :) Also good to see someone who really likes Sonic and the Secret Rings; doesn't seem to get enough love these days.

To answer your questions, both are tied to the limitations of the 'Newbie' usergroup phase. We implemented this restriction early in the year in response to a major incident, but I think we will soon retire it because of the confusion it is causing with new users, who we want to encourage to have a good time and contribute to the community :)

Welcome again, you're joining at a good time as it'll be our 23-year anniversary as a website tomorrow!

I didn't know there was one of these, but still...

Hello, I am Ratchet25tx, a Sonic fan since 2014, Ratchet and Clank fan for some time, and a Mario enthusiast. I enjoy a plethera of Sonic games and other media, and I sometimes make some comic strips. 

That's all I can think of rn, but you can find me on Steam, PS4/5, and Switch.

11 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Hi there! Nice to meet you @Maria.Sosori! I hope you have a great time with the community here! :) Also good to see someone who really likes Sonic and the Secret Rings; doesn't seem to get enough love these days.

To answer your questions, both are tied to the limitations of the 'Newbie' usergroup phase. We implemented this restriction early in the year in response to a major incident, but I think we will soon retire it because of the confusion it is causing with new users, who we want to encourage to have a good time and contribute to the community :)

Welcome again, you're joining at a good time as it'll be our 23-year anniversary as a website tomorrow!

Ah, thanks for answering my question(s). I read about the limitations for posting topics, but I just figured it'd be in a similar vain to replies. (A moderator has to approve it.)

Congrats on the 23 years! I'm certain I'll have a great time here!

• 1 month later...

:wave:

Hi, nice to meet you, I am Maple Syrup and I am just an average introvert and Sonic enthusiast. I joined a few months ago but I want to give a proper introduction! My favorite character is Cream and Cheese, and my favorite game is Sonic Superstars, Sonic Advance, and Sonic 2! Other franchises I like to follow are Pokemon and the Simpsons. I am an astronomy nerd and I like to make art of my favorite landscapes and characters. I love Sonic music very much and listen to them on a daily basis! I haven't been here for as much as any of you here and I want to get to know you! I am very grateful for being a part of this amazing community!

:posticon5:

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi @Maple Syrup! It's very nice to meet you and thank you for taking the time to join this community! I hope you have a lovely time here.

Sonic Advance is one of my favourites in the series too, do you enjoy the first game or do you prefer the sequels (because Cream and Cheese are in them)? I see you've also noticed some of our retro emojis / posticons as well!

:char_eggman:

• Nice Smile 1

20 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

:wave:

Hi, nice to meet you, I am Maple Syrup and I am just an average introvert and Sonic enthusiast. I joined a few months ago but I want to give a proper introduction! My favorite character is Cream and Cheese, and my favorite game is Sonic Superstars, Sonic Advance, and Sonic 2! Other franchises I like to follow are Pokemon and the Simpsons. I am an astronomy nerd and I like to make art of my favorite landscapes and characters. I love Sonic music very much and listen to them on a daily basis! I haven't been here for as much as any of you here and I want to get to know you! I am very grateful for being a part of this amazing community!

:posticon5:

giphy.gif

Welcome!

I haven't met a lot of people really into Astronomy, so it's really cool to have you here! Hope your time here is as plentiful as there are stars in the sky!

• Nice Smile 1

Thank You @Dreadknuxand @Failinheartsfor your warm welcome!:arigato:I am having an amazing time with you all! I like the advance trilogy PARTLY because of Cream and Cheese but also because of their different style of zones and gameplay. And yes, I have noticed the emojis because I use emojis at least once every day :chuckle:! I hope I stay here long too! Random astronomy fact: There are more stars in the sky than there are grains of sand on the earth! Thank you for taking me in the community so warmly!

• Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

I guess this would be more of a reintroduction than anything, but my name is Agie. Some of you may remember me as SurrealBrain. I...was away a while, and I honestly thought I'd never come back, but I got convinced to try again. I'll just say a lot has happened between when I left and now, but that's...a tale for another thread.

I've always been a Sonic fan. Some periods of uncertainty aside, that blue hedgehog always finds a way to get me back. I do hope this return visit proves fruitful.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Agie said:

I guess this would be more of a reintroduction than anything, but my name is Agie. Some of you may remember me as SurrealBrain. I...was away a while, and I honestly thought I'd never come back, but I got convinced to try again. I'll just say a lot has happened between when I left and now, but that's...a tale for another thread.

I've always been a Sonic fan. Some periods of uncertainty aside, that blue hedgehog always finds a way to get me back. I do hope this return visit proves fruitful.

giphy.gif

Howdy stranger, who I've never seen before!

But for real though, glad to have you back!

• 1 month later...

Hey I'm new here my name is Mark irl

I'm not really engaged on forums but I haven't used a forum since like 2009.

And the reason I've come here is because the world is headed toward nuclear war and I donno what now I will wake up to or what any of us will.

Anyway was just gonna drop in and say hi. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Sonicsfan787 (Evan) a massive fan of the Sonic franchise as a whole! I love writing books/ stories, producing electronic music, gaming, waking wood projects, and creating channel content on my YT page (SonicFan787).

Just now, Sonicfan787 said:

I'm Sonicsfan787 (Evan) a massive fan of the Sonic franchise as a whole! I love writing books/ stories, producing electronic music, gaming, waking wood projects, and creating channel content on my YT page (SonicFan787).

giphy(1).gif.6b82d4d5ac28b50481ebd4e0dd556deb.gif

Hey, there! Welcome, welcome! Always glad to see a fellow writer onboard!

28 minutes ago, Sonicfan787 said:

Wood Projects? That's super cool! Nice to meet you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there y'all! It's great to be here. I'm Ian/Nia, feel free to call me whichever name you prefer.

I've had a deep love for Sonic ever since I was a kid, like I would assume to be the case for several people here. Ever since Sonic X and Heroes introduced me to the coolest and bluest hedgehog around, there has been no going back for me. My favorite games in the series currently are the Adventure games, 3 & Knuckles, and Generations. Outside of Sonic I'm super passionate about movies, animation, music, and video games in general. Some of my hobbies include photography, graphic design, and writing. My biggest dream is to become a film director, and I studied film production in college!

This seems like a wonderful community, and I hope to get to know you all more. Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you have a great day! 💙