Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Oh goody! More new members!! XD

*ahem*

240px-Sonic1.png

Welcome new and old visitors!!

Every visitor to the forum gets a free blue hedgehog! If you catch one, please feel free to take it home with you. Or destroy it. Our choice.

We seem to be losing pressure on level seventeen, please hold your breath on the harsh vacuum of space as you pass out from oxygen starvation...after that you won't care. Enjoy the ride.

Attention ladies and gentlemen. Please make your way over to the main viewing area where the light speed electrical parade is about to begi-oh...and that concludes the light speed electrical parade.

Edited by Dan-imeJ86

Not posted in 2 years. I'll probably most very infrequently as usual.

I'm pretty shitty at keeping up to date with multiple forums...

*walks in, munching on a slice of pizza*

Hey all, I've been lurking around here for a few days now. Hadn't bothered to post an introduction until now due to being an idiot who sucks at coming up with good introduction posts. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a worrywart when it comes to making a good first impression.

But anyways, I'm Getmoving (and as I'm sure, you all probably know where that name comes from. No need to explain here!)

If you wanna know a little bit about myself, I was first introduced to the blue blur somewhere back in late (2003-2004?) when my parents bought me a brand new Gamecube and a copy of Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for Christmas. I had grew up most of my early childhood playing Mario, but just a mere 20 minutes of playing Sonic Adventure was enough to convert me into a true blue Sonic fan (or I guess, Tails fan at the time. Hehe). Sonic games take a huge place in my heart and serve as quite a prominent reminder of my later childhood. Times I look quite fondly back at due to various reasons.

But of course, one phase of life usually gives way to another, and as I approached my late middle school years, Sonic began to take back seat to newer series such as Naruto. I went through my years of high school obsessing over the latest Anime and playing online games such as World of Warcraft. (which, thankfully, I'm currently on hiatus from). My last few months have been what I like to call my reemergence into the Sonic Fandom. Which began after I pulled out my old copy of Sonic Adventure 2 and finally got around to beating it. (I got stuck on Eggman's second boss fight with Tails when I was younger and essentially ragequit the game.)

So yeah, on a non-sonic related note, I'm a fresh high school graduate. Currently looking for a job to make her first leap into college and continue fueling her gaming habits. I'm hoping to major in Graphic Design, and practice work on my Digital Art on a day to day basis. I enjoy watching anime (although I haven't watched anything new in over a month), and tend to find myself at local anime and gaming conventions and have just in fact recently did some artwork for a local convention. Personality wise, I'm somewhat shy and outspoken, and definitely not one to start a conversation unless approached first. But those who get past my invisible barrier tend to describe me as a sociable and kindhearted person. So don't be afraid to message me about anything, and if I tend to give you the cold shoulder, just continue pressing on and eventually I'll come around.

I look foreward to getting to know you all. wink.png

Hello, Guten Tag, Hola, and whatever language you may speak to greet someone!

I shall start off by saying I am an avid Sonic fan ONLY to the comics, but I have played the games though. The last Sonic game that I officially played was Sonic Unleashed, but I never completed it. Before that, it was Sonic '06 and yeah... Anyways, I have played majority of the Sonic games, but only missing out on Sonic CD. If you may also ask, I do NOT have a Wii and I haven't played any of the Sonic games on that console, nor do I own an Xbox 360 anymore.

I'm not sure what to tell you guys/gals next other than I am an artist from DeviantArt under the name, "DarthOmniShadow," and I am also taking free requests! If you ever want to commission me, that's fine as well - I'll accept nearly anything xD The request/commission can be anything you like, but it HAS to remain furry; anything outside that, I can't do (Well, if it's something like Megaman, then I can do that. I'm a big Megaman fan, too! xD)

You can send me either a message on here or on my art topic - whichever you prefer.

I'm looking to getting to know you all! :D

Edited by Harmony Descent

Hi all,

I'm actually sorta rejoining the forums after a super long hiatus (but for all intents and purposes I'm basically new here). I was a member here back in the days of Web 1.0 under a different handle, and kinda disappeared due to some random crap in my life. As an 11-ish year old on the internet, at the time I'm sure I made an ass of myself, but whatever. I don't really see anyone I remember on the site anymore (other than DreadKnux), but I am looking forward to making some new friends.

I was highly obsessed with Sonic as a kid even though I never owned any of the games. I played them all on emulators and grew to love Sonic, especially S3&K, SA2B and Triple Trouble. My interest in the hedgehog waned during my teenage years, but I've been getting back into Sonic lately - and I missed frequenting this site - so I figured now is as good a time as any to come back.

I am absolutely obsessed with video games and computers/internet - they're pretty much my reason for existence. I do have other interests, of course, such as art, animation, nature, music, and other things. I'm currently in university studying to be a librarian or something. Aaand that's about it because I suck at introductions.

Anyway, now I can post in other topics without feeling awkward hopefully!

Edited by cosmictruffle

Alright! one more time >.< .

Hey im Light_Framez, MOD of the sonic revolutions forums, it's a pleasure to meet all 100000000 of you!

Please don't hurt me! :3

Welcome to the forums Light_Framez. SSMB is a great forum, we have a damn good community and I'm quite proud to say I'm a member here.

Well anyways don't start pub fights because I always start those and enjoy your stay here. :P

Alright! one more time >.< .

Hey im Light_Framez, MOD of the sonic revolutions forums, it's a pleasure to meet all 100000000 of you!

Please don't hurt me! :3

Technically there are only 4052 of us but we all welcome you anyway

And we don't bite all that much

Technically there are only 4052 of us but we all welcome you anyway

And we don't bite all that much

I wouldn't say that... look at the other topics i posted, i get a real A** beating for Advertising ..

I wouldn't say that... look at the other topics i posted, i get a real A** beating for Advertising ..

Don't worry about it, dude. It's just kind of annoying when someone joins our community to tell us we should be part of his community. You need more tact than that.

this site is massive compared to the one i work with. uggh im so desperate for more members

Don't worry about it, dude. It's just kind of annoying when someone joins our community to tell us we should be part of his community. You need more tact than that.

Im a very advanced member. First time i've ever broke a rule on these forums. I guess i got to carried away with the whole SA3 thing. Might as well get my mind off of that. It's just not working out as planned.

It occurs to me, that I've never FORMALLY introduced myself here. But here goes...

Hi all, I'm Project Phoenix, or as you may know me by my more known name on the internets, Titans Creed. Been lurking on the SSMB for a LONG time, and always said to myself to actually post more, which I'm doing slowly, but surely.

For those of you that'd like a bit of background on me, I formally got INTO the community back at SOS '09. I didn't know anybody, and I met up with a whole host of folks in the queue, who were super friendly, and made me feel that I belonged. those people were, to use their internet handles, Cpn Cloudchaser, Dartanian, ForeverSonic, SonicMark and Dan Dyer. i hung around them mostly for the entirety of the event, and got to know them, and through them, stayed in contact with the community.

Come SOS '10, I again met up with all the afore mentioned people, but because I had time and got up there on the previous day, I got to meet a whole host of new faces, like Nemain, Hogfather, and loads others to even mention. In the queue the next day, I officially met Gavvie and Mena, who have remained close friends to this day, as well as Graham (FastFeet) and Claudia, who even though we don't manage to stay in contact as much, always talk as much as we can, when we see each other at SOS and other gatherings. but this was also the first SOS where I met up with Andy (Tall-Guy), who, it turned out, also lived in my tail end of the country. It was also at this event, that I got to know Gareth (FTA) Spriggs, and we found out existing love for The Megas.

Again, spent all day with the faces, new and old, and with this, I went to the first non-SOS, although Sonic based meetup in London in February, and met and got to know the Emerald Coast crew, consisting of Vger, Urtheart and Nemain properly, Stayed in contact with all but Urtheart, unfortunately, but they are my firm and stout friends, who I always turn to for advice.

Soon after this, and while in talks with Gavvie, I was offered a reviewer position over at Radio SEGA, mainly due to the fact that no-one had the ability to run Shogun 2 at time of it's release. So I grabbed it with open arms, and proceeded to write the requested review, as well as a few "retro" and at-the-time new PC titles for Radio SEGA.

Then we come to SOS '11. Due to Shadzters illness, I volunteered to help out on the day, and was accepted and ending up helping Blake Draco on the gamepods with the Shadow the Hedgehog speedrun and the SA2:B competition. While I met a great many people that day, it was so difficult to keep track of everyone, so I'm glad I met you all!

Post-SOS '11, I was in talks with Vger, to do some posting on his site, Emerald Coast, which he eventually allowed me to do, and to which I started with two reviews of community driven music album reviews. The second caught the eye of Sonic Wrecks head honcho, Kevin (AAUK) Eva, and asked Blake to bring me aboard.

What happened next, is what has driven me to the current point in the community in terms of content. I proceeded to create an article called "The Community Spotlight", which, while was written in it's original form, I interviewed, for lack of a better word, several artists from around the Sonic/Sega community, including, but not limited to Syaming-Li, Imagni, Feniiku and Darkspeeds.

While this was continuing, I was in talks with Andy pre-SOS'11 about a Portsmouth meetup. What happened next set in place a chain of events that I didn't realise would get so popular, and even ended up treading on the toes of the Sonic London meets, for which I most humbly apolagise.

On August the 19th 2011, Myself and Andy would pleased to present: Operation Portsmouth (Yes, you can laugh, we really couldn't think of a better name ^_^). The main objective of this, was to be a group up of friends, without the worries of planning an event, or any other stress, and see some of the sights of Portsmouth and just generally have a good time. Thank goodness Kev had brought a camera for that, there were some spectacular happenings throughout the Saturday evening. Since then, it's kind of become a staple, every six months or so, to meet up and relax for a weekend of fun and shenanigans.

Now, while I know some people call it a bit clique-ish, but there were several issues with inviting extra people to the 2nd event, it ended up being just a sit and chill event, which was just as good as a gaming one!

Post the second OP event, I have since left posting duties at Radio SEGA, Emerald Coast and Sonic Wrecks, to continue work on producing my second season of The Community Spotlight. Which, as it happens, is rapidly approaching it's climax in 2 weeks. Which I do have a special set of videos lined up for. But, I wanted to take it in a more audio way. the main reasoning for this, was due to the fact, that, while reading a large post is informative, I felt people could get the same information in an audio source.

"Something like YouTube was perfect for this," I thought, "I can gauge the views and promote the content in an audio form that people can listen to. On the move, or just while doing other things at home by the computer."

That's how it began, and while it's moved away from it's weekly format to a fortnightly one, I released my first video with Sonic Paradox on April 11th, and with thanks to the concerted efforts of Paradox, Wrecks, Emerald Coast, SEGA Driven, Radio SEGA and of course, The Sonic Stadium, the project got off the ground running.

Now, as I look back at the video, I see so many issues that I have now improved on going forward, and I keep putting improvements as each video goes forward. The biggest one you will see in the finale. But, we all get better at things over time, which mean I can only progress and get better! :)

But, that's me, from joining the community, to becoming a part of it. I know it's a bit wall-o-text-ish, but I hope you enjoy the read, and I hope I get to know you all a bit better going forward!

• Thumbs Up 3

So I am guessing this is where new members can introduce themselves then?

Very well, I am Emochu, I am a Class S+ Nobleman from the SEGA Forums.

I came over here to mainly discuss Sonic as I cannot stand the Sonic Section over there.

Some of you may know me from there.

• Thumbs Up 6

I came over here to mainly discuss Sonic as I cannot stand the Sonic Section over there.

Yes, I definitely recognize you.

Welcome to the Sonic Stadium!

*pats back*

It's okay brother, welcome home.

Yo Emo! Its been a while hasn't it?

Oh god I'm not very good with introductions wacko.png

Anyways I am TheCakeMiester (or TCM for short) and I love all things regarding Sonic.

Been lurking here since Generations was announced, dunno why I never joined at the time but because today is Sonic's 21st anniversary I thought I might as well sign up and be a part of this amazing community!

IRL it's hard to find people to talk about Sonic with since not many of them I know play the games; I'm quite excited to discuss my opinions and views on the franchise with others for once.

Be seeing you guys and gals in the topic chats!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god I'm not very good with introductions wacko.png

Anyways I am TheCakeMiester (or TCM for short) and I love all things regarding Sonic.

Been lurking here since Generations was announced, dunno why I never joined at the time but because today is Sonic's 21st anniversary I thought I might as well sign up and be a part of this amazing community!

IRL it's hard to find people to talk about Sonic with since not many of them I know play the games; I'm quite excited to discuss my opinions and views on the franchise with others for once.

Be seeing you guys and gals in the topic chats!

Welcome to the Sonic Stadium. I hope you have a great time here. :D

Hey-ho,

Just being polite and saying hi as I haven't wandered this way on the Internet for a while.

Some of you may know me from STCO. I'm a crusty old fan from the old school Sonic era, I grew up with the 2D games, pre-Pingas AoSTH and Sonic the Comic! biggrin.png

Edited by MamboCat

Hey-ho,

Just being polite and saying hi as I haven't wandered this way on the Internet for a while.

Some of you may know me from STCO. I'm a crusty old fan from the old school Sonic era, I grew up with the 2D games, pre-Pingas AoSTH and Sonic the Comic! biggrin.png

Welcome to the forums MamboCat. Here at SSMB we're a pretty good community so feel free to chat with our members at anytime. Hopefully you'll enjoy this place as much as I have the past couple of years. But anyway go out there and enjoy your stay here.