Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Hey guys I'm Justin Bieber. I'm not a troll, just a guy that finds posing as an irritating pop singer highly amusing. I hope to nerd out over Sonic for many years to come. Peace.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys I'm Justin Bieber. I'm not a troll, just a guy that finds posing as an irritating pop singer highly amusing. I hope to nerd out over Sonic for many years to come. Peace.

I can relate to that.

Hello everyone, I am TheResearcher.

I came to the main site pretty much 3 times a day to check for new sonic news but I never tried the forum before but I never joined the forum for some reason. Recently I have been hearing about this place so I gave up using my normal name to test this out.

From what I heard everyone here is pretty much a jerk and the staff themself break the rules and the staff themself are major jerks with power and some say that the mods want this site to go down. At first I thought they were trolling and deserved it then i heard it from more people so I gave up using my usual name as multiple accounts are not allowed just so I can see for myself.

Now my first experience was someone from here coming to one of the forums I go to and trolling like crazy but he was dealt with. So its not a good start but lets hope we can prove it all wrong!

So lets hope I can have fun here. But if the rumors are true then I will never come back and I will be sure to spread the word but we wont have that problem will we? Lets just hope the rating is not below the sega forum... That would be very sad.

Edited by TheResearcher

Uh?

Everyone is great here, I don't know what source you're coming from, XD. Yeah, it's bad, for people who don't follow the rules. The peaceful community here doesn't take kindly to people who think they can do whatever they want and act like they own the place. Most the folks here are generally easy going and like to have a good laugh and keep a happy face.

The staff have been known to break minor infractions such as short posts, but usually when locking a topic or making a point on the rules and warning people. Sometimes not, but pssh, it's our job to clean up everyone's mess, so it's not killing anyone to bend these ones to have some fun for the staff *shot*

Staff are jerks? No. Well, if we loop back to people breaking the rules, yes. It's annoying to lock the 4th SA3 topic this week when we have something pinned quite clearly not to post them for example. The staff don't want this site down either, lawl. Sure, a lot of us don't really follow Sonic anymore, but it's our home kinda thing, and we feel good about being mods around here for everyone to look up to. Why would we tear that down?

Sounds like someone made this forum sound way worse than what you make it out to be. Just be as cool as the rest of the gang and you'll fit right in. Welcome!

• Thumbs Up 5

Flat out saying in the pinned topics saying they are not allowed will save trouble. I thought it meant not to be stupid and kiddish about them, I didn't know it meant they are not allowed period.

Actually this place is not even that bad. Perhaps they were just mad but I will stay a bit longer and see and if all goes right then if this is like another site I found then I should be able to change my name to my normal forum name.

Hello everyone, I am TheResearcher.

I came to the main site pretty much 3 times a day to check for new sonic news but I never tried the forum before but I never joined the forum for some reason. Recently I have been hearing about this place so I gave up using my normal name to test this out.

From what I heard everyone here is pretty much a jerk and the staff themself break the rules and the staff themself are major jerks with power and some say that the mods want this site to go down. At first I thought they were trolling and deserved it then i heard it from more people so I gave up using my usual name as multiple accounts are not allowed just so I can see for myself.

Hello there, and welcome to the SSMB! If you ever feel like changing your forum name (login name excluded), you can do so from your very own member control panel settings thingy! I am sorry if you have been hearing bad things about the SSMB, I was not aware such things would go around, and I am sure things here are much happier and smoother than what those rumours might say.

If you have any complaints about staff, you may contact an admin about it. However, I like to think that the majority here enjoy how things are being run at the moment, and I do not think the staff are too strict. On the contrary, sometimes we might have to be even more strict in order to maintain certain situations under control.

Now my first experience was someone from here coming to one of the forums I go to and trolling like crazy but he was dealt with. So its not a good start but lets hope we can prove it all wrong!

So lets hope I can have fun here. But if the rumors are true then I will never come back and I will be sure to spread the word but we wont have that problem will we? Lets just hope the rating is not below the sega forum... That would be very sad.

SSMB staff only moderate here. We are unable to do anything elsewhere, and it would be unfair to judge TSS and SSMB merely on the grounds on few members, who might happen to be registered here, roam to other forums and behave inappropriately. Every large online community, or 99% of them, will have certain members like these. It is frowned upon, but unless they do something bad here, we cannot do anything about their SSMB membership.

From what I know, members really enjoy it here, and SSMB is by many defined as their second home. Now, I must say, I do not like the harsh tone you bring into your first post here, almost as if talking down to us and being mean, but ... Aww, heck. Make sure to not refer to us as jerks anymore, eeyup? I hope we can change your impression of this place for the better. Welcome aboard, Researcher. See you around, and enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 2

I know, it was a member that did it, not a staff. I did not blame the staff or anything. Some of the guys at the other forum found out exactly who it was but that was but that does not change anything, I just did this to see if its really as bad as people say it is. My step 2 is seeing proof then step 3 I will either leave with bad results, or perhaps stay with good results and proof them all wrong saying how this place is pretty cool.

Well time to end this little game and move on to who I really am. My normal forum name is Shadon. I am very familiar with this site set up as I am a super mod on another site that uses the same set up... Well very similar, this version is messing my favorite button but the profile navigation is the same so no worries.

Now I heard allot of things about this site so I wanted to do a bit of research and after viewing a few things it turns out this place is not all that bad. It has everything I would expect but I really dont approve of mods editing post to make one look like an idiot.

Now to set some things straight I didn't call anyone a jerk, just the complainers did. And i personally dont care about SA3 but that was said to be a soft subject that would answer all my questions. All it answered was the mods are top notch and tries to avoid any kind of fighting so keep up the good work.

Now its normal that people from forums dont like me much at first but bare with me for a week and I will fit in and I normally become a favorite on forums, will I be one of the favorites here? Lets find out!

Edited by Shadon

Hey guys :3

Maybe some of you know me from the "SEGA Forums": I'm Furianu, a huge Tailsfan :3 Well and I have decided to join SSMB too since some people recommened it to me smile.png

Well I'm 22 years old and I'm from Germany and I'm looking forward to meet some people here and make some friends and have some nice discussions biggrin.png

I hope it's okay if I write in "orange" (I'm writing in orange and comic sans in SEGA Forums too)^^

Edited by Furianu
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe some of you know me from the "SEGA Forums": I'm Furianu, a huge Tailsfan :3 Well and I have decided to join SSMB too since some people recommened it to me smile.png

Well I'm 22 years old and I'm from Germany and I'm looking forward to meet some people here and make some friends and have some nice discussions biggrin.png

I hope it's okay if I write in "orange" (I'm writing in orange and comic sans in SEGA Forums too)^^

Welcome to SSMB, Furianu!

I TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE YOU HERE.

Hey there Furian. :D

Okay, let's see if I can make a good introduction here...

To tell a bit about myself, I'm just one of the many, MANY natives of the Netherlands, and I was a fan of Sonic since I saw the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon back when I was 7 years old, but I never got to buy a SEGA console because of the large love I had for Nintendo back then and my parents didn't want more than 1 console/handheld in my hands because we're not rich people.

I was very interested when Sonic games began appearing on the Gamecube, and the first one I actually bought was Sonic Heroes, I liked the music, the general feel of how cool it all looked, and I was hooked to the series, and played others like the two Adventure ones, and Gems and Mega Collection.

I've been into Sonic for a long time now and posted on other forums of the series, but this is the first one in a long time that I'm actually interested in at joining and talking about the characters, games, etc.

So yeah, nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forums Evilmoonguy. Hopefully you'll have fun here at SSMB. We have a great community and everyone does for the most part get along. And yes this is a good place to talk all about Sonic too so your in the right place. So anyways enjoy your stay and have fun!

Hello everyone.

First of all, I never thought I will register to such forum, but lately, after playing Sonic Generations, all good memories from childhood came about my favorite game back then - Sonic The Hedgehog (16 bit) smile.png

As then I was, let’s face it - poor. I had only SEGA console with about 40 games, and Sonic The Hedgehog was my ultimate favorite, and I would have really been a fan of him, if I had chances to get the games (as I really felt in love with the character), but times back then were really bad and also the availability of products was not like it is now.

Everything started to get better from 2006, when I got my first computer, and in 2008 I decided to study Informatics. I am interested in WEB programming, love to generate design ideas but not good at realizing them, as I still can't get to master the Photoshop (lack of creativity skills) so I used to do sites with my friend who is a great designer and always complemented my ideas (OH STOP IT YOU) xD Lately, I'm kinda out of this "business" as it’s really hard to catch up with all the trends (smartphones, etc) :/

Lately, I got so hooked to Sonic, that I read all the fansites which I never thought they existed. The character itself in gaming is really unique and original.smile.png

I had all the best moments from childhood with Sonic the Hedgehog, friends, and so on.

So after playing Sonic Generations (it might sound weird) I got completely nostalgic about the past happy days of my childhood (even if they were really rough financially and so on). And today, my personal live after finishing college and everything seems not to be so cool, and enjoyment of life is gone somewhere. The game, yet that might sound really stupid, gave me the idea, that we’re really lacking true friendships in real life today as many emphasize on “me” and only “me”.

Technical details about me:

I'm quite shy in reality and internet is the place where I can overflow and find some great people (but I'm also not socially awkward guy) smile.png

I'm now 22 years old Lithuanian. Last year I have finished Informatics in college (though it's a bit weird, that i feel like I haven't learned nothing much) biggrin.png

I really don't know if I will follow all the Sonic news, and this forum, but at the moment I feel a need to register here and hope to go to Summer Of Sonic in 2013 as I was amused how friendly some fans are (from watching SoS 2010 with Crush 40). And of course I got crazy about Crush 40 band. They’re now among my favorites and will stay there!

Tl;dr? okay sad.png sorry for long and random letter but I got instantaneous thoughts burst biggrin.png

Hey Sonic Stadium,

My name is Asher, though I'm better known as 792Ashman on youtube and SonicEPICmaster on Sonic Paradox where I am one of the animators. I've kinda cloistered myself with just the Sonic Paradox forums, so in the interest of branching out I wanna join sonic stadium's forums here and enjoy the company of so many Sonic fans.

So, a little bit about me:

I'm a lover of both classic and modern games as they both have had an equal impact on my relationship with the blue blur. At about the turn of high school I got Toon Boom Studio, a 2-D animating software similar to flash where I learned the ropes of animating. I've gotten a lot better over the years and now pride myself on some really funny and high quality stuff available on YouTube. I've made a lot of friends at Sonic Paradox and have gotten in on a lot of really big and interesting animation projects (check out the newest one this year at SOS).

So all in all, Sonic and the fanbase have both had a great impact in my life and I can't wait to expand my friendships through Sonic Stadium.

• Thumbs Up 2

Special welcome to Danielius and Ashman! >D You'll love it here.

Thanks. Though I must admit, I am a bit lost, as there are so many topics and replies biggrin.png

I thought I will find here someone from my country, but I see I'm first Lithuanian who registered here xD

And I'm still not so good at English to express my opinions in the way I really would like to do.

Edited by Danielius

Thanks. Though I must admit, I am a bit lost, as there are so many topics and replies biggrin.png

I thought I will find here someone from my country, but I see I'm first Lithuanian who registered here xD

And I'm still not so good at English to express my opinions in the way I really would like to do.

Hey, don't worry, you're doing fine. As long as people understand that english is not your first language, then it shouldn't bother anybody. You'll eventually find a personal favourite area of the board to hangout in.

I may not be a Lithuanian, but I am a fellow Dan. And us Dans should stick together! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, don't worry, you're doing fine. As long as people understand that english is not your first language, then it shouldn't bother anybody. You'll eventually find a personal favourite area of the board to hangout in.

I may not be a Lithuanian, but I am a fellow Dan. And us Dans should stick together! XD

Thanks. For now I'm stuck in Chit-Chat section as I don't find (for now) what to say in Sonic Discussion. I haven't developed my English skills since I left school (2008). So.. It got a bit worse and forgotten. I remember when somehow I learned English while watching Cartoon Network shows when I was about 7-10 years old. Somehow I suddenly just started to understand the conversations from cartoons like Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry, Flinstones and so on. At the beginning I was like English prof, who knew what bicycle, cat, dog, box means. biggrin.png I really love learn languages, so I'm thinking of getting back this little occupation.

Oh, I see we both have the same name. Dan-guild! xD I thought of using nickname but was lazy to think of one, so I just put my full name.

The other thing I noticed that here are a lot of pony fans, not that I'm against this, just a bit unusual. biggrin.png

Yo guys. I'm Draga =3

Been following the news on the site for a while now and since I just got back from Summer of Sonic, I thought I'd start an account here after seeing how awesome everyone was there.

Welcome to SSMB Draga, the name's Crow and I usually welcome people with the POWAH of SSMB. :P But anyways we're a great community and we do get along until Dio decides to go off and prove everyone wrong (inside joke) but yeah I hope you have fun here and make lots of friends. Enjoy your stay. :P

Seeing as how the first person I met here is a Gravity Falls fan, I think it's gonna be fun here =)