Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

I'm AzureFlash, it's the best name I could come up with! I love all of Sonic. I love the Classic Games, the Adventure Games and the Boost Games. I hope to make worthwhile contributions to this forum :) .

I wish all of you a happy time here, if anyone needs a shoulder to lean on, my inbox is always open to you. Don't mind me, I'm just the one who tries to amuse the forum with awful cartoony humor and puns. Enjoy your stay!

I'm ShroomZ. I'm pretty new here. I know a lot about early Sonic media, and manuals and stuff like that, and I hope I can influence people with some of my ideas. I'm a big stickler on certain designs and personalities and such, so I will probably get into some interesting conversations. 

Hey there, the name is PennWordsworth: Amateur Fan Fiction Author Extraordinaire

In a nutshell, I'm a long-time fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise and still believe in the Blue Blur as one of the video game greats -- even with a few game setbacks such as '06 and the Sonic Boom game under the series' belt. I'm also very fond the Ian Flynn era of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Also: I techincally have the WELL-EARNED BRAGGING RIGHT of being the first writer shipper of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sticks the Jungle Badger that actually wrote a one-shot fanfic that offers small glimpse into how such a pairing could come to be.

It's titled "Too Perfect" can be read on Fanfiction.net HERE:

Anyway, I'm really not ramble about myself TOO much. 

Heh.

Look forward to chatting Sonic the Hedgehog nonsense with fellow fans on this forum! It's a pleasure to meet all of you. X3

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I hung around here for a good bit since 2007 and pretty much haven't posted here in 5 years. You might've remembered me as NintendoBrad (or maybe not).

I tried signing back in but I couldn't find my old information, so I hope this "new start" is okay.

Well, I love videogames and especially Sonic a whole bunch... and I draw stuff! http://nbradpencil.deviantart.com/

...so yeah, howdy. Good to be back, I reckon. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey there NBradS and welcome (back) to the forums! Check out some of our topics while you're here. I'm sure you'll find something you're interested in! =)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

My name's Samui. I've been a fan of the Sonic franchise since 1994, when I first started playing Sonic 2. I prefer the classic games, though I do enjoy some of the later releases. I spend most of my time writing, coding, or playing games.

Welcome to the SSMB, Samui! I'm sure you'll have an awesome time here!  :)

Hi, I'm Duhfor. My first name is Gail. I like to dance and watch PewDiePie. My favorite Sonic character is sonic.exe tails. (Basically Miles) My favorite Sonic game is Sonic 06. P.S. I love Chao.

Well ummm, Hi!

Very intimidating avatar you have there. Stick around, we lot at SSMB are cool guys! (.exe)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, I'm Chase. I'm a recent high school graduate who has way too many ideas and plans for this summer to do all of them. I got Mega Collection for GameCube as a kid, and have loved Sonc ever since, playing (most of) the games, reading the comic, and (finally) joining a group of fellow Sonic fans. As you can see, I'm also a big Zelda fan, and a huge gamer overall, tending towards more "classic" series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saluton! My name is [redacted] but you can call me Hades. I've lurked around here for a little while and finally decided to join yesterday. I've liked Sonic for a long time, I owned the first Sonic on the Sega Genesis, but I tried to pretend I didn't care about the franchise since the general attitude around here (and in the online places I frequent) is that Sonic is only for kids, and anyone "too old" (18+) is laughed at or made fun of. Finally I decided I didn't really care what my friends and other people thought. I'm an adult, I can like what I want. :B So I joined. 

Welcome to SSMB Hades. We just got a new look that we're still adjusting to so you should be fine here. Here we do chat a lot about Sonic and lot of other things so feel free to post, comment, share anything with us. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here and be an active part of the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I just got into writing Sonic fanfic again after years and decided I'd see about getting back into the community again as a result so here I am at the recommendation of someone from MLPforums.

There's a more detailed into on my profile if anyone is interesting beyond that.

Uhm... Hi, I'm Spinic. You guys might know me from #sonicstadium. I haven't made a post here yet, so I might as well. I've been a Sonic fan since 1997 and I've been on the IRC since 2009. I'm looking to get back in touch with the community. I also read really bad Sonic fanfiction on RadioSega and RSN on Thursday nights! Looking forward to being a part of the community.

• Thumbs Up 1

Howdy,

I just got into writing Sonic fanfic again after years and decided I'd see about getting back into the community again as a result so here I am at the recommendation of someone from MLPforums.

There's a more detailed into on my profile if anyone is interesting beyond that.

Uhm... Hi, I'm Spinic. You guys might know me from #sonicstadium. I haven't made a post here yet, so I might as well. I've been a Sonic fan since 1997 and I've been on the IRC since 2009. I'm looking to get back in touch with the community. I also read really bad Sonic fanfiction on RadioSega and RSN on Thursday nights! Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Hey, welcome to the forums! Hope yall have an alright time here!

Hey guys I'm Aqua (accidentally made a introduction thread of myself) and I'm excited to be here! I'm a huge Sonic fan, with my favorites being Silver and Blaze as well as a bunch others. I'm a big roleplayer so I hope to have fun with you all!

Hi everyone! Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time here and make some new friends :)

I haven't been about / visible for a while (say a couple years..!) so I'll introduce myself too! I'm Svend, aka Dreadknux. I'm a Brit, been a Sonic fan since I was 7 and my first console was a Master System :D

My day job is at IGN, I work on the publisher side so I'm very much in the background but it's a fun gig! I used to be a games writer/journalist/whatever you want to call it before that, doing reviews and interviews and all that jazz.

oh and I made this very site (TSS, SSMB) when I was 15 years old and now I'm 30. I'm an old git now, who's no longer down with the kids and hip with it. :(

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey guys I'm jonjon as you can see I'm pretty new here ^_^. I've been into sonic for as long as I can remember and have been lurking around the ssmb for a while. I hope I can make some new friends here and I'm looking forward to joining the message board!

Okay, going to ask one more time that you take a look at the SSMB rules page.  We foster a very vocal environment here, as such, one-off sentences are not going to cut it.

Per the second rule on the page-

• Post quality is important for your reputation and the reading pleasure of other members. Type in understandable, decent English. Be sure to check your grammar and punctuation so people don't think you're an idiot. If you can't think of anything to post that's at least a sentence then we'd rather you didn't post at all. Making a post that's just one word is really lame and we'll strike you if you do it.

Please note that further indiscretion could result in disciplinary action.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm gokaiblue16, and I've been a fan of Sonic for over 10 years. Sometimes I draw fan art, but I mainly focus on music as I play guitar, piano, and voice. I'm also a songwriter, voice actor, and general actor. Other interests include Dragon Ball, Star Wars, Super Sentai, Power Rangers, and many other things.  I hope we can be friends.

After reading the rules, I can see that this is a wonderful place.

When I was 10, I found the Sonic Zone Forums, and my life changed forever. Countless people all gathered in one spot, sharing common interest and spurring each other's creativity (on a good day)...it was my life. It made me an artist.

11 years later, I'm training to begin a Sonic manga. I've been planning and building it for much of that time. Things in my life have gotten in the way of me honing my artistic ability; mainly college. But I've fully devoted myself to seeing my dreams come to life. Maybe this fan project will be a springboard for future professional cartoons. I'm excited to meet everyone here.

Also, I do flips.

Edited by JohnTheDreamer
Read the rules and loved them
  • Thumbs Up 1