Awoo.

The Introduction Topic

Indigo Rush

Hi!, I'm Marcelo, I'm a Sonic fan and Sonic hacker, but i don't have so many hacks. I like old games, or proceedings of old games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heya, i'm new here and not long discovered this wonderful place. (Yep, that is terrible, I know.) I hope to get to know everyone here. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello there, longtime lurker here. Finally decided to make an account here so I can directly share my thoughts about the series with you people. I'm a big Sonic-Fan from Austria, so please excuse if my english isn't up to snuff all the time, but I promise I'll try my best. 

I'm a 23 year old fan of the series since 2006 (ironic, I know), mostly because of Sonic Rush (Adventure), Sonic Heroes and Sonic and the Secret Rings. The more titles I discovered, the more I fell in love with the series and it's colourful and entertaining characters. The gameplay can be a bit hit or miss, but the lore, the locations and the interactions between the characters kept me entertained to this very day, even outside the games in form of the comics and the cartoons.
Favorite game of the series right now is Sonic Unleashed, with Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure and Sonic 3 & Knuckles closely behind. But in the end I find at least a bit of enjoyment in most of the titles in some way, excluding maybe Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom: RoL.

I really enjoy most of the Sonic cast, with Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Blaze as my favourites - but the big all-time favourite is and will always be the great Dr. Eggman. I'm a big fan of the mad scientist since I started being a fan of the series, and thanks to his mostly great and funny apperances in Sonic Boom, the comics and to a lesser extend also the games, this probably won't change for a good while.

With that said, I hope I'll have some good talks with you. This forum seems like a comfy place to be for a fan like me, so I'm sure we'll get along great. Some german users here might even already know me as one of the writers of the SpinDash-Fansite. 

Edited by DEV
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hello there, longtime lurker here. Finally decided to make an account here so I can directly share my thoughts about the series with you people. I'm a big Sonic-Fan from Austria, so please excuse if my english isn't up to snuff all the time, but I promise I'll try my best. 

I'm a 23 year old fan of the series since 2006 (ironic, I know), mostly because of Sonic Rush (Adventure), Sonic Heroes and Sonic and the Secret Rings. The more titles I discovered, the more I fell in love with the series and it's colourful and entertaining characters. The gameplay can be a bit hit or miss, but the lore, the locations and the interactions between the characters kept me entertained to this very day, even outside the games in form of the comics and the cartoons.
Favorite game of the series right now is Sonic Unleashed, with Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure and Sonic 3 & Knuckles closely behind. But in the end I find at least a bit of enjoyment in most of the titles in some way, excluding maybe Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom: RoL.

I really enjoy most of the Sonic cast, with Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Blaze as my favourites - but the big all-time favourite is and will always be the great Dr. Eggman. I'm a big fan of the mad scientist since I started being a fan of the series, and thanks to his mostly great and funny apperances in Sonic Boom, the comics and to a lesser extend also the games, this probably won't change for a good while.

With that said, I hope I'll have some good talks with you. This forum seems like a comfy place to be for a fan like me, so I'm sure we'll get along great. Some german users here might even already know me as one of the writers of the SpinDash-Fansite. 

I hope your happy here and that's funny I also became a fan in 2006 and I agree Dr. Eggman is the best. What are the odds??

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey hey :)

Just joined today and very much looking forward to interacting more with the Sonic fanbase!

Been into the series since maybe 1992 and have thoroughly enjoyed most of the games :)

Big Sega fan in general so also love Phantasy Star, Shenmue and so on!

My favourite Sonic game is SA2!

I also like travel, hippy stuff (bit of a hippy at heart despite being born way after that era!), music, PC gaming, some console gaming and other stuff. Hoping to give surfing a go too as I'm very interested in that!

Cheers guys and see you round! ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi there Hoppimike! Welcome to Sonic Stadium! I am TailsTellsTales and of course Tails being my favorite character. Make yourself at home. There are plenty of imaginary donuts on the table that you are more then welcome to have.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi there Hoppimike! Welcome to Sonic Stadium! I am TailsTellsTales and of course Tails being my favorite character. Make yourself at home. There are plenty of imaginary donuts on the table that you are more then welcome to have.

Why thank you ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi I'm Sweet Melody, but you can call me Melody if you like. I found this site and I joined because I want to meet people who like Sonic just as much as I do. Unfortunately, none of the people I know in real life like Sonic so  I can't really talk about it to them, which really bites, I hope I enjoy this forum a lot and make some new friends! ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, hello! I'm Cayenne, videogame lover, art student, Earthbound/Mother series fanatic, and Sonic fan. I've been playing Sonic games since 1996, being Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System the first one. My most loved characters are Sonic, the Babylon Rogues, Knuckles and Metal Sonic.

My favorite title from the blue blur is Sonic CD, followed by Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Unleashed. From Sega in general, Jet Set/Grind Radio and Phantasy Star Online.

After lurking this forum for roughly 2 years (wasn't very confident in my English skills), I finally made a account here. From what I saw, i'm sure I will enjoy this place a lot.:lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi Sweet Melody! Hi Cayenne! Welcome to Sonic Stadium! Hope you not mind me combining you two together into one post. I am TailsTellsTales or Triple T for short or TTT for shorter. I am sure you will find this place amusing.

@Sweet Melody, Nobody in real life I know has no interest in Sonic either. I have played and known Sonic since the 90s it is my childhood game I grow up with and it feels nice to be connected to it again.

@Cayenne, Your English skills are amazing you know. Cool you been lurking two years that is how long I been here. If you are shy that is okay. Many people here are very shy including myself here.

Anyway it would probably help if you check the rules but generally they are common sense rules there. Nothing to be intimidated by. Have fun and ask moderator if you need help.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Cayenne, Your English skills are amazing you know. Cool you been lurking two years that is how long I been here. If you are shy that is okay. Many people here are very shy including myself here.

Anyway it would probably help if you check the rules but generally they are common sense rules there. Nothing to be intimidated by. Have fun and ask moderator if you need help.

Thanks a lot, TTT! :lol:

It's ok. Is not a matter of shyness or strict rules but just the occasional "Language Barrier" that messes the things up.:P

Hello, my name is D.H. 

I've been lurking this forum for months, before I finally decided to sign-up.

I've been a fan of the Sonic series ever since I was a child, and despite the numerous flaws with the series, I remain a huge fan to this day.

My favorite characters are: Sonic, Eggman, Knuckles, Amy, and Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello! I joined not too long ago but only decided to start posting today. I've been lurking for a while before. I grew up playing Sonic games so it's very nostalgic to me (probably the same for everyone else here). I've branched out since and started playing other video games as well.

Hope to make new friends here!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm Bright, I'm here to be optimistic (aaaaagh I just realised my name is a pun!) and have fun meeting and discussing with other fans!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm Bright, I'm here to be optimistic (aaaaagh I just realised my name is a pun!) and have fun meeting and discussing with other fans!

Welcome to the SSMB! Hope to see you around!

we don't bite i promise

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to our lovely little home of SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi. I'm Haalyle, somewhat new to the Sonic community only having gotten into it as of November last year.

I like to play games, creative write and listen to music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi guys, I am CarFan3635. My actual real name is Isaac anyways.

I am a Sonic fan since last year. I am a car fanatic, and I love to draw! Cheers! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I'm Bolt. I've been an on-and-off fan of the Sonic series since about...2004...ish?

I always enjoyed the Archie comic stories more than the games, and my favorite games are Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 1, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 2, with favorite characters being (in order) Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, SIlver, and Blaze.

Now that I got the obligatory out of the way, I'll share that I haven't played a new Sonic game since Unleashed (not a fan of Sonic-only gameplay) as I like multiple playable characters due to not liking Sonic that much as a character, and just preferring the games from Adventure through and including 06 instead, or as said before, the comics, though the reboot still saddens me. I also prefer the western classic designs for Sonic and Tails + over the Japanese/neo classic designs, because, reasons.

The on-and-off fan thing comes due to be cycling through interests at times, but never truly abandoning anything I enjoy. I love collecting Sonic merchandise (mostly plushies and figures) and have gotten back into doing that recently and got into a Sonic kick.

I'm more of a lurker than a talker, so you likely won't see me much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo Bolt and welcome to SSMB! I am PRESIDENT CROW, PRESIDENT OF SSMB but don't let my title scare you one bit, we're all kindred spirits here, I think. Anyways SSMB is a pretty nice community and its been rather chill as of late, specially with the new update and all. We do have a lot of Sonic news here and we're usually the first to get it so if you're looking for that then you're at the right place. But yeah, well I hope you make some friends here and become a regular. Enjoy your stay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I'm Hedy! I draw, play videogames, and would like to write. I used to play Sonic 2 on the Genesis at my neighbour's house sometime during the 90s, but I really started loving the series when I got Sonic Heroes for Xbox in 2004, and the game remains dear to me. Sometime later I got a Gamecube, the Adventure games, the Collections games, Riders, all of which I spent a huge amount of time on and loved, and several other Sonic games. I liked the Archie comics, some fanfiction, and I used to be an avid Sonic fanartist. While by now my interests have expanded (Generations rocked though), Sonic will always remain one of my favourite series which really, really defined me, and I can still often be found jamming really very hard to its music.

Anyways, I've been wanting and making more efforts to get involved in online communities to meet more people, so I'd like to have fun talking with you all!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, I'm Haalyle!

I only got into Sonic last November by playing Sonic Generations which I still love playing to this day. Before that I was a hardcore Resident Evil fan. No one knows why I changed franchises... including I.

It's nice to meet you all! :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, I'm Haalyle!

I only got into Sonic last November by playing Sonic Generations which I still love playing to this day. Before that I was a hardcore Resident Evil fan. No one knows why I changed franchises... including I.

It's nice to meet you all! :D

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 1