Jump to content
Indigo Rush

The Introduction Topic

Recommended Posts

Hello again!

I'm not sure if a lot of people here remember who I was, but I registered here under the name of Shinigami. anyway, I decided to look this place up to see if it was still running and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is! I'm currently taking on a bunch of stufff IRL, mainly including a new job which is paying good money after taking care of my grandmother for a few years which had reduced my online activity to being virtually non-existant here for a good long while. Now that my old man has retired he can look after her, and that, thankfully, has freed up my schedule enough to catch up on a few old internet hang out spots. I may not be too active for the time being, but It's good to be back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Death the Kid said:

Hello again!

I'm not sure if a lot of people here remember who I was, but I registered here under the name of Shinigami. anyway, I decided to look this place up to see if it was still running and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is! I'm currently taking on a bunch of stufff IRL, mainly including a new job which is paying good money after taking care of my grandmother for a few years which had reduced my online activity to being virtually non-existant here for a good long while. Now that my old man has retired he can look after her, and that, thankfully, has freed up my schedule enough to catch up on a few old internet hang out spots. I may not be too active for the time being, but It's good to be back! 

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Hey, welcome back! Or perhaps... nice to meet you, considering I've never seen you around these parts before.

Enjoy your new stay at SSMB! Hope it's as good as you remember it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I’m an old Sonic fan from the UK, and have been since the first game on the MegaDrive, and used to love reading the Fleetway comics. Recently I spent stupid money rebuilding my Fleetway collection, and even building and near complete Archie collection :wacko:

 

I’m also a mostly over optimistic guy; I even like Boom :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZonerunnerMog said:

Hi all,

 

I’m an old Sonic fan from the UK, and have been since the first game on the MegaDrive, and used to love reading the Fleetway comics. Recently I spent stupid money rebuilding my Fleetway collection, and even building and near complete Archie collection :wacko:

 

I’m also a mostly over optimistic guy; I even like Boom :lol:

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay! I totally hear ya, spending money rebuilding your Sonic collection. I had to do that myself after a long hiatus.

And I totally relate being optimisitc too. I only hate two Sonic games, and regardless of what comes next, I think Sonic will always get back on his feet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZonerunnerMog said:

Hi all,

 

I’m an old Sonic fan from the UK, and have been since the first game on the MegaDrive, and used to love reading the Fleetway comics. Recently I spent stupid money rebuilding my Fleetway collection, and even building and near complete Archie collection :wacko:

 

I’m also a mostly over optimistic guy; I even like Boom :lol:

Good, we need more Fleetway fans here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there everybody, I'm Michael but you can call me Mike Arcade.

I've been a fan of Sonic ever since I was a little kid, been with the series since 93 or 94 really and I still have all the Genesis Games too! In recent times I've been diving head first into Sonic as a whole with every single Cartoon and Comic that's ever been made, I've even been hunting down the Sonic Novels and Game Books. I like to read all the subtext the series has to offer and ask people what would they do differently or what it could have been. There's a lot of stuff we can chat about beyond what you guys may or may not know and I'd like to share my views with all of you, so I hope to see you all around and it's good to be here. :) 

 

On 12/10/2016 at 5:49 AM, ZonerunnerMog said:

Hi all,

 

I’m an old Sonic fan from the UK, and have been since the first game on the MegaDrive, and used to love reading the Fleetway comics. Recently I spent stupid money rebuilding my Fleetway collection, and even building and near complete Archie collection :wacko:

 

I’m also a mostly over optimistic guy; I even like Boom :lol:


Okay we have to chat, I'm a huge fan of STC, seriously it's an awesome series! One of the best to come out from Sonic, it really is. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Hello there everybody, I'm Michael but you can call me Mike Arcade.

I've been a fan of Sonic ever since I was a little kid, been with the series since 93 or 94 really and I still have all the Genesis Games too! In recent times I've been diving head first into Sonic as a whole with every single Cartoon and Comic that's ever been made, I've even been hunting down the Sonic Novels and Game Books. I like to read all the subtext the series has to offer and ask people what would they do differently or what it could have been. There's a lot of stuff we can chat about beyond what you guys may or may not know and I'd like to share my views with all of you, so I hope to see you all around and it's good to be here. :) 

 


Okay we have to chat, I'm a huge fan of STC, seriously it's an awesome series! One of the best to come out from Sonic, it really is. ^_^ 

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

You certainly are much more devoted to Sonic than me. :P I haven't gone in depth into the cartoons or comics, so I applaud you! I bet with knowledge like that, you'll be able to share a lot with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to frequent Sonic Stadium back when it was hosted through ezboard— yeah, I’m that old —so I guess you could say it has been a very very long time since I’ve thought about the site but with the current rumor mill about the publications from Archie Comics I recently started to think back about my history with Sonic the Hedgehog forums and decided to make a new account since I sincerely doubt an old ezboard account would’ve been carried over fifteen or so years later.

That said, hello and all that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sen said:

I used to frequent Sonic Stadium back when it was hosted through ezboard— yeah, I’m that old —so I guess you could say it has been a very very long time since I’ve thought about the site but with the current rumor mill about the publications from Archie Comics I recently started to think back about my history with Sonic the Hedgehog forums and decided to make a new account since I sincerely doubt an old ezboard account would’ve been carried over fifteen or so years later.

That said, hello and all that.
 

Welcome to the Sonic Stadium. Please enjoy your stay and keep alive out there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueblur98 said:

hello i guess

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

On 16/01/2017 at 10:06 AM, Kirito The Hedgehog said:

I never really joined forums on until now currently I'm on here and on the wings of fire fourms on wings of fire my account is fightingangel496

 

On 18/01/2017 at 8:26 AM, Sen said:

I used to frequent Sonic Stadium back when it was hosted through ezboard— yeah, I’m that old —so I guess you could say it has been a very very long time since I’ve thought about the site but with the current rumor mill about the publications from Archie Comics I recently started to think back about my history with Sonic the Hedgehog forums and decided to make a new account since I sincerely doubt an old ezboard account would’ve been carried over fifteen or so years later.

That said, hello and all that.
 

Sorry I missed you two. Notifs didn't go off, I suppose. :P

Regardless, have a belated welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've been to a Sonic-themed forum since the days of Gamers.com Lithium boards (what was that, like, late 90's/early 00's?).

…it also reminds me that I've yet to finish Sonic Advance 3 (I was so intent on finding the Chaos Emeralds myself instead of using a strategy guide as I had done with 1 and 2).

EDIT: Ah, man… if I had signed up just a little bit sooner my user ID would have been a palindrome!

(Also is it bad to wonder why the Shadow theme isn't black? =Þ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2017 at 4:22 PM, Âmesang said:

I don't think I've been to a Sonic-themed forum since the days of Gamers.com Lithium boards (what was that, like, late 90's/early 00's?).

…it also reminds me that I've yet to finish Sonic Advance 3 (I was so intent on finding the Chaos Emeralds myself instead of using a strategy guide as I had done with 1 and 2).

EDIT: Ah, man… if I had signed up just a little bit sooner my user ID would have been a palindrome!

(Also is it bad to wonder why the Shadow theme isn't black? =Þ)

Well then, welcome the Sonic Stadium, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 9:22 AM, Âmesang said:

I don't think I've been to a Sonic-themed forum since the days of Gamers.com Lithium boards (what was that, like, late 90's/early 00's?).

…it also reminds me that I've yet to finish Sonic Advance 3 (I was so intent on finding the Chaos Emeralds myself instead of using a strategy guide as I had done with 1 and 2).

EDIT: Ah, man… if I had signed up just a little bit sooner my user ID would have been a palindrome!

(Also is it bad to wonder why the Shadow theme isn't black? =Þ)

hello! welcome to a place where people worship a fast rodent. enjoy your stay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

 

I should have joined this forum years ago but I never got round to it.  My name is redhotsonic and I have been in the Sonic Hacking Community since 2003.  I am Staff over at SSRG and a Tech Member over at Sonic Retro.  I have created hacks such as Sonic Bash! v2 and Sonic 2 Recreation.

 

Recently, I have been doing a lot of videos on my YouTube channel, ranging from game plays of Sonic hacks, to Sonic fan games and official Sonic games.  Although there is the odd video of a retro game! And I do live stream at times too! Feel free to explore.

 

As for my username: in 2003, I started hacking Sonic 2.  My very first achievement was to change some palettes.  My favourite colour is red so I changed Sonic's blue to red.  And I stuck with it really.  Red Sonic didn't suit, but hot is usually associated with red, so... redhotsonic was born.  I didn't see anything in the rules about no fan-characters, but it can be changed to RHS if needed (I've been using it on SSRG and Sonic Retro for years and that's how most people know me).

 

I normally lurk around forums these days but I do make posts every now and then when it's needed.  Anyway, enough about me, catch you around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redhotsonic said:

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

 

I should have joined this forum years ago but I never got round to it.  My name is redhotsonic and I have been in the Sonic Hacking Community since 2003.  I am Staff over at SSRG and a Tech Member over at Sonic Retro.  I have created hacks such as Sonic Bash! v2 and Sonic 2 Recreation.

 

Recently, I have been doing a lot of videos on my YouTube channel, ranging from game plays of Sonic hacks, to Sonic fan games and official Sonic games.  Although there is the odd video of a retro game! And I do live stream at times too! Feel free to explore.

 

As for my username: in 2003, I started hacking Sonic 2.  My very first achievement was to change some palettes.  My favourite colour is red so I changed Sonic's blue to red.  And I stuck with it really.  Red Sonic didn't suit, but hot is usually associated with red, so... redhotsonic was born.  I didn't see anything in the rules about no fan-characters, but it can be changed to RHS if needed (I've been using it on SSRG and Sonic Retro for years and that's how most people know me).

 

I normally lurk around forums these days but I do make posts every now and then when it's needed.  Anyway, enough about me, catch you around!

welcome to SSMB! take a seat and make yourself at home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, IT'S ME, GOKU- oh wait...

Hey everybody, Hero The Hedgehog here...well, I guess it's Her0 now (o=0, such leet, much clever, lol). You've probably seen me commenting under articles for years now as "Hero", but today I decided to actually "move-in" so to speak, as opposed to just being a reoccurring visitor. My hope is that joining the MB here will give me more opportunities for more levelheaded intellectual conversations with all of you, as well as a better chance to geek out on stuff. Hope to have a great time with all of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W

2 hours ago, Her0 said:

HI, IT'S ME, GOKU- oh wait...

Hey everybody, Hero The Hedgehog here...well, I guess it's Her0 now (o=0, such leet, much clever, lol). You've probably seen me commenting under articles for years now as "Hero", but today I decided to actually "move-in" so to speak, as opposed to just being a reoccurring visitor. My hope is that joining the MB here will give me more opportunities for more levelheaded intellectual conversations with all of you, as well as a better chance to geek out on stuff. Hope to have a great time with all of you!

 

2 hours ago, BleekKitten said:

Umm, hello. I'm usually a lurker but I was thinking about trying out forums again. I never participated in this particular one before (despite hearing about it) but I wanted to formally introduce myself.

hello and welcome to SSMB! hope you enjoy your stay!

WgvV0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw yeah! This is happening! ...that sounded better in my head...

Hi, I'm TomatoGhost or just simply Tom and while I've had an account for a few months (since after SoS2016) I've only recently started actually making posts here. As for what I can contribute...err...Sonic Unleashed is my favourite Sonic game and I sometimes make Sonic related videos on my Youtube channel. I mean, I make videos but not always Sonic. My hope really is just to get back in the community after years of questioning if I was a Sonic fan anymore. 2016 kind of rekindled my love for the series. 

This is my attempt at being relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.