Indigo Rush

It all begin in '94
Kept on rolling in '95
Pieces were in place in '96, and
It came to an end in '97
Now it comes and here we go
Kay Oh Eff is here again
Nothing's gonna stop 'cause it's 1998!

Hey there, I'm a new user who just registered to this site because I have nothing better to do. I'm actually 15 years old and I'm from Italy. My favorite Sonic games are Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 1 and my favorite characters are Blaze, Tails, Eggman, Fang, Silver and Ray. My other favorite game series includes Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Metal Slug, King Of Fighters, Mother, Chrono Trigger, and I'm just currently getting into the Suikoden, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts and Castlevania series. I'm also a big anime/manga fan, and I LOVE Mechs(Gundam is love, Gundam is life). I also like reading and my favorite book series is Game Of Thrones. I also love sci-fi books such as Isaac Asimov's Foundation, 1984 and Dune. 

I hope I'll have a good time here! ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, I'm new here. I've browsed this site many times in the past as a guest, but just recently decided to register an account.

I love both the classic and modern styles of Sonic games. I don't prefer one over the other. Rather, I love and enjoy both equally, albeit in different ways because both offer very different experiences. For me, the classic games offer a quite uniquely magical experience that is very hard to recreate, yet Sonic Mania did so excellently. I enjoy the 2D side-scrolling nature of those games, as well as the mixture of action/speed gameplay and platforming. I particularly enjoy the aesthetic of the classic games, their mysterious and nostalgic art style, worlds, and overall content. I equally love and enjoy the modern 3D Sonic games. I very much enjoy their often epic scope, interconnected storytelling and varied gameplay. I particularly love Sonic's friends and the dynamics of their interaction with Sonic and with each other. The dialog, storytelling and character interaction found in many modern Sonic games brings more depth, personality, and heart to Sonic's world that I very much love.

I've played the vast majority of classic and modern Sonic games, and I love almost all of them. I'm not able to choose a particular favorite, because I feel that each  game offers a different experience. Just to offer a handful of examples, I particularly love worlds such as the Aquatic Ruin Zone, Marble Garden Zone and Star Light Zone from classic era as these offer a mysterious and in some cases ancient aesthetic that I enjoy. I dearly love the Adventure games and their interconnecting storylines and varied gameplay style, the Chao gardens and associated gameplay, and the world and character designs and interactions. I love the epic scope of Unleashed and 06, as well as the varied gameplay options offered in each game, particularly 06 with its abundance of playable characters and Adventure-style separate but interconnecting storylines. I love Sonic and the Secret Rings as well as Sonic and the Black Knight -- I've always been a fan of literature, so seeing Sonic being explored in such a context was really fun and interesting. They also offer more unique gameplay styles and settings to help add additional variety to the franchise. I very much love Sonic Generations and its variety of snapshots representing different eras of the Sonic franchise. I was also very impressed by how robust and comprehensive the levels were.

The only Sonic game that I don't like that much is Sonic Colors, but there are still several aspects of that game that I very much enjoy. Overall, I dislike Sonic Colors mainly due to the poor writing, self-defeating humor and very flawed depictions of Sonic and Tails. I also don't particularly enjoy Wisp-based gameplay, but I like it much more in what we've seen so far of Forces gameplay so I'm open-minded about their utilization in other games. That aside, I love the art and most of the music in Sonic Colors. The worlds are very beautiful, imaginative, and creative, and I really appreciate and enjoy the high levels of visual detail found in most of the worlds. I also thought most of the music was fantastic.

Recently, I finished playing Sonic Mania and I love it enormously. Its many clever references were touching and entertaining, and the levels had tremendous creativity, passion, and ingenuity. They were long and just the right level of challenging. The boss battles were amazing, and the game overall was just a fantastic experience. I'm also extremely excited for Sonic Forces and I love almost everything I've seen of it so far, but I can't say for sure how I will feel about the game until I play it. I know I'll love it, though, unless it somehow ends up doing anything I would take serious issue with, which is extremely unlikely, given the fact that I still loved Sonic Colors in some ways despite my many concerns with its writing and game design choices.

I don't have a single favorite Sonic character, but overall, I'm happiest with a Sonic game when it involves Sonic's friends in some way. I most prefer when they are playable, which has been regrettably lacking in some recent games, but I at least want to see them play a role in the story and the cutscenes even if they aren't playable. I'm very happy to see so many of them appear in Forces, and I loved that Mania offered the selection of multiple playable characters that Sonic 3 & Knuckles did. Sonic the Hedgehog is about so much more than going fast, or platforming. I've seen some attempt to reduce Sonic to his core gameplay attributes, which is really missing so much. I wouldn't love Sonic anywhere near as much as I do if all there was to it was going fast and platforming. Many Sonic games offer interesting worlds, lovable characters, intriguing storylines and so many other wonderful attributes. Sonic is always at his best when he is surrounded by his friends, playable or not. The gameplay is a ton of fun, but that is only the surface aspect. The world, the story and the characters are what make the franchise dear to me, and what makes me want to stick with it always.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, SCS said:

Hey, I'm new here. I've browsed this site many times in the past as a guest, but just recently decided to register an account.

I love both the classic and modern styles of Sonic games. I don't prefer one over the other. Rather, I love and enjoy both equally, albeit in different ways because both offer very different experiences. For me, the classic games offer a quite uniquely magical experience that is very hard to recreate, yet Sonic Mania did so excellently. I enjoy the 2D side-scrolling nature of those games, as well as the mixture of action/speed gameplay and platforming. I particularly enjoy the aesthetic of the classic games, their mysterious and nostalgic art style, worlds, and overall content. I equally love and enjoy the modern 3D Sonic games. I very much enjoy their often epic scope, interconnected storytelling and varied gameplay. I particularly love Sonic's friends and the dynamics of their interaction with Sonic and with each other. The dialog, storytelling and character interaction found in many modern Sonic games brings more depth, personality, and heart to Sonic's world that I very much love.

I've played the vast majority of classic and modern Sonic games, and I love almost all of them. I'm not able to choose a particular favorite, because I feel that each  game offers a different experience. Just to offer a handful of examples, I particularly love worlds such as the Aquatic Ruin Zone, Marble Garden Zone and Star Light Zone from classic era as these offer a mysterious and in some cases ancient aesthetic that I enjoy. I dearly love the Adventure games and their interconnecting storylines and varied gameplay style, the Chao gardens and associated gameplay, and the world and character designs and interactions. I love the epic scope of Unleashed and 06, as well as the varied gameplay options offered in each game, particularly 06 with its abundance of playable characters and Adventure-style separate but interconnecting storylines. I love Sonic and the Secret Rings as well as Sonic and the Black Knight -- I've always been a fan of literature, so seeing Sonic being explored in such a context was really fun and interesting. They also offer more unique gameplay styles and settings to help add additional variety to the franchise. I very much love Sonic Generations and its variety of snapshots representing different eras of the Sonic franchise. I was also very impressed by how robust and comprehensive the levels were.

The only Sonic game that I don't like that much is Sonic Colors, but there are still several aspects of that game that I very much enjoy. Overall, I dislike Sonic Colors mainly due to the poor writing, self-defeating humor and very flawed depictions of Sonic and Tails. I also don't particularly enjoy Wisp-based gameplay, but I like it much more in what we've seen so far of Forces gameplay so I'm open-minded about their utilization in other games. That aside, I love the art and most of the music in Sonic Colors. The worlds are very beautiful, imaginative, and creative, and I really appreciate and enjoy the high levels of visual detail found in most of the worlds. I also thought most of the music was fantastic.

Recently, I finished playing Sonic Mania and I love it enormously. Its many clever references were touching and entertaining, and the levels had tremendous creativity, passion, and ingenuity. They were long and just the right level of challenging. The boss battles were amazing, and the game overall was just a fantastic experience. I'm also extremely excited for Sonic Forces and I love almost everything I've seen of it so far, but I can't say for sure how I will feel about the game until I play it. I know I'll love it, though, unless it somehow ends up doing anything I would take serious issue with, which is extremely unlikely, given the fact that I still loved Sonic Colors in some ways despite my many concerns with its writing and game design choices.

I don't have a single favorite Sonic character, but overall, I'm happiest with a Sonic game when it involves Sonic's friends in some way. I most prefer when they are playable, which has been regrettably lacking in some recent games, but I at least want to see them play a role in the story and the cutscenes even if they aren't playable. I'm very happy to see so many of them appear in Forces, and I loved that Mania offered the selection of multiple playable characters that Sonic 3 & Knuckles did. Sonic the Hedgehog is about so much more than going fast, or platforming. I've seen some attempt to reduce Sonic to his core gameplay attributes, which is really missing so much. I wouldn't love Sonic anywhere near as much as I do if all there was to it was going fast and platforming. Many Sonic games offer interesting worlds, lovable characters, intriguing storylines and so many other wonderful attributes. Sonic is always at his best when he is surrounded by his friends, playable or not. The gameplay is a ton of fun, but that is only the surface aspect. The world, the story and the characters are what make the franchise dear to me, and what makes me want to stick with it always.

8c03e5009c9b3db8b3bb949edbcb452899866608

As a fellow Classic and Modern fan (although, personally I have a slightly higher preference to Modern) I'd like to say... Welcome to SSMB, enjoy your stay!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

You may have seen me floating around in the Show-Case area but I wanna say a proper introduction; Hello there Sonic community, you can call me Ice, a youtuber/guitarist. I'm not new in the Sonic fandom, I have loved Sonic games since Sonic 2 (I wasn't born when Sonic 1 came out but I was for the sequel) and I come from a shutdown Sonic forum called The Sonic Factory (RIP).

I first became a youtuber back in 2013 because I thought it was fun (and it is) and because I wanted to get my name out there, right now, yes I still think it's fun, but I also have another motive which is urgent. My mom was diagnosed with kidney cancer 2 years ago and since then, things have just gone down hill and down a cliff. I'll spare you the details so in short, we are basically out of money and the only way I can think of to make money is through making videos, something I love doing. I'm not asking you to subscribe to me out of pity (if you do subscribe, I want to be because you actually like my content) or to keep re-watching one of my videos over and over and over (that would get my channel flagged), but if you can please spread the word about my channel and maybe recommend me. I don't know the rules about fundraising here but I also have a youcaring where you can donate money to my family if you want. There, you'll see the whole story of us. Click Here

Thank you so much for your time and don't worry, I'll be contributing to this board more. And remember to Chill~

I've been a visitor/lurker on the Stadium for a very long time. (like 10+ years!) I've decided to finally make an account now! So here goes:

The first Sonic game I ever owned was a free copy of Sonic 3D Blast for PC from a fast food promotion (in 1998 I think?) After playing Mega Collection on GC, I knew I was a fan for life! I got nearly every Sonic GC and GBA title the year it was released, and after a long dry spell, got back into the games when Colors came out.

My favorite Sonic game has been SA2B like many out there. Other ones I enjoy are Heroes, SADX, Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 2, Colors, 3D Blast (PC), Sonic CD and various Game Gear titles for their sheer charm. 

I grew up with the pre-Flynn Archie comics, and have no regrets saying I enjoyed their melodrama and vast differences from the games at the time.

I've been a HUGE Dr. Eggman fan for as long as I remember (was cringy about it in middle school but you can relate right?) and was apart of the Eggman Empire site back in its heyday. Other favorite characters include Knuckles, Sonic, Amy, and Metal Sonic.

I really enjoyed Sonic X growing up; (still like the dub even today) I looked forward to every new episode so that I could tape it and enjoy it over and over. Its still the best Sonic show if you ask me!

I enjoy drawing and have the games and Archie comics to thank for opening my young eyes to so much artistic influence! Even today I still look back at old issues or game artwork to continually help hone my skills!

I'm a fan who loves not just the games themselves; but the vast, imaginative worlds and colorful characters. I'll always have a place in my heart for the series!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, PanicPuppet388 said:

I've been a visitor/lurker on the Stadium for a very long time. (like 10+ years!) I've decided to finally make an account now! So here goes:

The first Sonic game I ever owned was a free copy of Sonic 3D Blast for PC from a fast food promotion (in 1998 I think?) After playing Mega Collection on GC, I knew I was a fan for life! I got nearly every Sonic GC and GBA title the year it was released, and after a long dry spell, got back into the games when Colors came out.

My favorite Sonic game has been SA2B like many out there. Other ones I enjoy are Heroes, SADX, Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 2, Colors, 3D Blast (PC), Sonic CD and various Game Gear titles for their sheer charm. 

I grew up with the pre-Flynn Archie comics, and have no regrets saying I enjoyed their melodrama and vast differences from the games at the time.

I've been a HUGE Dr. Eggman fan for as long as I remember (was cringy about it in middle school but you can relate right?) and was apart of the Eggman Empire site back in its heyday. Other favorite characters include Knuckles, Sonic, Amy, and Metal Sonic.

I really enjoyed Sonic X growing up; (still like the dub even today) I looked forward to every new episode so that I could tape it and enjoy it over and over. Its still the best Sonic show if you ask me!

I enjoy drawing and have the games and Archie comics to thank for opening my young eyes to so much artistic influence! Even today I still look back at old issues or game artwork to continually help hone my skills!

I'm a fan who loves not just the games themselves; but the vast, imaginative worlds and colorful characters. I'll always have a place in my heart for the series!

Welcome to the SSMB, enjoy your stay.

17 hours ago, PanicPuppet388 said:

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay! Glad you finally came around to join the community!

Totally feel you about loving not just the games, but the worlds themselves. Maybe even more so, in my case but I digress. :U

58 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay! Glad you finally came around to join the community!

Totally feel you about loving not just the games, but the worlds themselves. Maybe even more so, in my case but I digress. :U

Thank you!

I've been a bit to myself for awhile, so its nice to talk to fellow fans. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, PanicPuppet388 said:

Thank you!

I've been a bit to myself for awhile, so its nice to talk to fellow fans. :D

Well, you're always free to talk to me! So don't be afraid to hit me up on PM or whatever. I like makin' new friends!

Hello.

I'm Fijut. I heard about this place from a close friend so thought i'd come and see what the fuss is about :)

Some of you may remember me from the stream that was set up a couple of months to watch Danganronpa 3, but unfortunately i missed the last week. However, I've finished it now... and it was a mind blowing ending, can't wait for Killing Harmony now.

I generally spend most of my time playing games, usually Dota and Rocket League for the moment, or replaying classics i find nostalgiac. But i'm always looking for new single player experiences. I play on PC mainly but i do have a PS4 and Switch.

As for Sonic games i tend to lean more to being a fan of the 3D games, and probably going to make a few people groan but yeah.. my favourites are the Adventure games. I also have heavy nostalgia for Heroes, although this many years after i can see its.. flaws... lol

Hope to make some new friends here.

Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Fijut said:

Hello.

I'm Fijut. I heard about this place from a close friend so thought i'd come and see what the fuss is about :)

Some of you may remember me from the stream that was set up a couple of months to watch Danganronpa 3, but unfortunately i missed the last week. However, I've finished it now... and it was a mind blowing ending, can't wait for Killing Harmony now.

I generally spend most of my time playing games, usually Dota and Rocket League for the moment, or replaying classics i find nostalgiac. But i'm always looking for new single player experiences. I play on PC mainly but i do have a PS4 and Switch.

As for Sonic games i tend to lean more to being a fan of the 3D games, and probably going to make a few people groan but yeah.. my favourites are the Adventure games. I also have heavy nostalgia for Heroes, although this many years after i can see its.. flaws... lol

Hope to make some new friends here.

Cheers.

Hey, hey, hey! I remember you from Danganronpa! Glad to see you've decided to join us! Now, without further ado...

Welcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

✧✦Hello there, everyone!✦✧

My name is Len. I'm an aspiring Artist, Writer and Voice-Actor. I'm eighteen years old and I've lived in Florida for the majority of my life. I'm an INFP, 2w3, Gemini, etc. if you're into personality types and astrology. I have a passion for Psychology and wish to become a Clinical Psychologist or something in the social worker-field one day.

My admiration for the Sonic series had led me to these forums. However, my willingness and urge to make new friends was what made me join. I saw how knowledgeable and creative the community was and I wanted to be a part of it. Beyond that, I've been rather to myself for awhile. I think it's about time I climb out of my shell and start talking to people!

Besides Sonic, I'm really into a lot of Nintendo games; Like Zelda, Mario, Pokémon and the like. But I also really enjoy Horror games like Clock Tower and Silent Hill. J-RPGs are pretty nice, as well! Some people may recognize the content on my account to be Persona-related.

Either way, I hope we can get along! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, I just realized I never posted an intro here. So hi. I'm Potada and I'm glad to have become a part of this forum for the last few years. Also, screw you Irma (the hurricane, no one actually named Irma :P).

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

On 15/09/2017 at 5:32 AM, Potada said:

You know, I just realized I never posted an intro here. So hi. I'm Potada and I'm glad to have become a part of this forum for the last few years. Also, screw you Irma (the hurricane, no one actually named Irma :P).

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Welcome then, better late than never.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SupremeKing Judai said:

blessed be all of you im supreme king judai

Hi, Judai, welcome to SSMB! Hope you have a pleasant time here!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2017 at 6:35 AM, SupremeKing Judai said:

blessed be all of you im supreme king judai

A new arrival,  eh? Welcome to Stadium. Complete with Sonic discussion,  threads on other games, Motobug streams and an illustrious showcase forum sporting a roleplay.

Enjoy the ride!

So..uh... hi. I made an account here like, 4 or 5 months ago, but I didn't use it 'cause I'm a stupidly shy person and interacting with new people freaks me out. So just lurked around a bit. Now I've finally decided to  toughen up and join in these forums properly. We'll see how this goes. Hope you guys don't mind having another sarcastic asshole with controversial opinions hanging around.   

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, ZeroInfinity said:

So..uh... hi. I made an account here like, 4 or 5 months ago, but I didn't use it 'cause I'm a stupidly shy person and interacting with new people freaks me out. So just lurked around a bit. Now I've finally decided to  toughen up and join in these forums properly. We'll see how this goes. Hope you guys don't mind having another sarcastic asshole with controversial opinions hanging around.   

Welcome to the forums! We all start off as lurkers. ;) Don't worry, most of us aren't too scary.

Howdy.

I've been lurking here for some time; I decided to join here today to have some chit-chat. I might not be the eagerest Sonic fan around, but I do have fond memories with the series starting from Genesis era, and the recent release of Sonic Mania had ignited my interest again. Hopefully I can contribute something useful to this forum.

Aside from Sonic, other platformer stuffs like Ristar and Yoshi's Island are also my jam.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hello Sonic Stadium, I've been lurking here for about a year now and decided it was finally time to join up and give my two cents on the big mess that is the Sonic franchise. The very first game I ever played was Sonic 1 on the good 'ol Genesis, followed by Sonic CD as my parents were one of the few people who actually bought the thing back in the day. As of now I own just about every game in the series except Lost World (WiiU), the Mario and Sonic Olympic games, the GBA games, and all the obscure educational stuff.

1 minute ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Hello Sonic Stadium, I've been lurking here for about a year now and decided it was finally time to join up and give my two cents on the big mess that is the Sonic franchise. The very first game I ever played was Sonic 1 on the good 'ol Genesis, followed by Sonic CD as my parents were one of the few people who actually bought the thing back in the day. As of now I own just about every game in the series except Lost World (WiiU), the Mario and Sonic Olympic games, the GBA games, and all the obscure educational stuff.

WAAAAAAAHlcome to SSMB! Enjoy your stay!

Get it? Because Waluigi... and welcome... it's a joke...

i swear im funny

Hullo, friends - New fella to the boards, been lurking here and there, and I decided to hop on 'n' register, feelin' nostalgic for the days of messageboard interactin'. As far as Sonic stuff goes, my history with it basically started with SA2:B on the GameCube, which blossomed into a love for all the Genesis classics a la Mega Collection, and eventually, the series just kind of got me introduced to most of the people I've been interacting with over the past decade or so. Amazin' stuff, that.

Anyway, pleased to meet ya'll. Hopefully I'll do more than just lurking beyond this point. Whoo!

• Thumbs Up 2