Awoo.

Fictional characters you hate/dislike?

Big Panda

I actually kinda side a bit with that. I mean STC Sonic could easily qualify too, but at least that was the point for the large part, so you didn't feel out of place not finding him that loveable. Satam Sonic seemed like he was meant to be cool and heartwarming, but he was so obnoxious and narcissistic he was hard to like.

Even against Antoine he came off more like a bullying jock jerk. I think it was often the fact he disliked Ant less for his genuine negative traits and more often just for how 'uncool' he was, even when Antoine wasn't being that provocative. This again was something exaggerated in Season Two, Season One Ant at least was a snob and had enough brain cells to snark and ridicule Sonic first, while Sonic was more playful than bordering obsessive in his contempt like later on. Even then though we had cases like Hooked On Sonics where Sonic genuinely wanted Antoine DEAD. But hey even Antoine could fight back, NICOLE couldn't.

Season Two at least designated him morals and moments of folly to give him humility, but even that was Flanderized so he was constantly screwing up and never learning from his mistakes. The fact Sally and the others weren't having the same moments of error or hubris anymore also made him look like a man child among them that needed babysitting, even Dulcy seemed better adjusted. They had to make Antoine a perpetual danger zone just to keep the balance. That said, even when Sally DID screw up in Season One, Sonic was so smug, pushy and right by technicality it was hard to take his side compared to her. While I wanted a more even handed dynamic, Sonic's personality may have made it hard to appreciate, perhaps why she ended up straight man full time.

And the nineties slang simply has NOT aged well. It's downright cringeworthy listening to DiC Sonic talk half the time, as much as White tries to put character into him.

I tended to hate Archie Sonic a lot for this similar dynamic and adding some other odious or entitled qualities to him, though he doesn't seem as bad post-reboot.

Concerning Quagmire, I think he was always a sleaze, but a wacky humorous sleaze (WHO ELSE BUT QUAGMIRE). Then after that whole antagonism with Brian and Cleveland leaving for a while they took out the whimsy and turned him into a hypocritical prude with temper issues. I kinda think the dynamic is improved since Brian started fighting back, making it a snark war like he used to with Stewie, but even then it's pretty lame humour compared to what he used to be. We already have enough priggish weasel characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

There honestly aren't a whole lot of fictional characters I hate/dislike passionately, but...that Starlight Glimmer, man.

Starlight_Glimmer_ID_S5E26.png

I know a lot of people enjoyed the season finale (I did enjoy most of it myself, even if the ending left me feeling more annoyed and unhappy than I've ever felt after watching a pony episode), and if you like her, great, but...well, I'm afraid I just can't share the sentiment.

I really enjoyed Cutie Markless. It had a very interesting and unusual conflict. The thought of Starlight Glimmer reappearing was exciting. And yet the season finale managed to single-handedly reverse my feelings toward her, to the extent I'm dreading her potential reappearing in Season 6.

Part of what annoys me about her is that she's 100% inexplicably overpowered. Yeah, I know the series hasn't gone into a great deal of detail about the nature of magic, so you could say that this doesn't technically contradict pre-established canon. But that doesn't mean that any sort of precedent or expectations that the series had set up are meaningless. An ordinary unicorn, with NO special details about her training or her natural abilities given, is on the same level as an extremely well-studied and naturally gifted unicorn who was elevated to alicornhood? Why? Even some sort of throwaway line would be better than literally no explanation. They say she clearly has powerful magic, but they never give the slightest smidgen of a reason. And yeah, I guess you could say that's "okay" because so many things about this series aren't fully elaborated on and you don't have to explain everything, but darn it, her OPness is annoying. Twilight Sparkle isn't even my top favorite character or anything, but she certainly has amazing accomplishments that are being quite arbitrarily de-valued here. And what makes it worse is that it's obvious that it's entirely just to make the storylines work. It feels almost "tacked on" in a sense.

But what's way, WAY worse than that is - you guessed it - her backstory. The sheer horribleness of a thousand copies of Bubsy 3D melted into a soup and garnished with shreds of Lara-Su Chronicles artwork is contained in the horribleness of Starlight Glimmer's backstory, which literally ruins her as a character. Quite simply, it's a backstory that attempts to make her sympathetic, but which makes her completely and utterly UNsympathetic instead. She was already a horrible, horrible person, and yet this backstory made her look worse. Basically, the entire motive for her villainy was that her best friend moved away when she was a kid, and their friendship ended as a result. That's all. That's enough to make her adopt a horribly twisted philosophy demanding ponies be made equally talented (or much more accurately, equally UNtalented) in order for supposedly perfect friendship to exist, and to adopt a dictatorial cult-leader persona and a massive capacity for vengefulness.

But wait, it gets worse. The reason why her friend moved is because his magical talent enabled him to go to a school for especially gifted unicorns, making Starlight look like a jealous jerk. Sure, that's very understandable for a kid, but she's an adult now and still feels the same way? She hasn't gained any perspective? You could say, "ohh she just missed her friend so bad!", which could have been what the writers were going for, but there are multiple things that undermine that point. For one, Sunburst (Starlight's friend) specifically got sent to the academy due to earning his Cutie Mark, which ponies earn after discovering their most prominent talent, which Starlight had not yet gotten at the time. Plus, the fact that it caused Starlight to develop a philosophy specifically targeting the fact that some ponies are more talented than others indicates that Sunburst's talents were why their friendship ended, not his moving away. This is further reinforced by the fact that, apparently, Starlight didn't even try to contact them or continue their friendship after he left.

But a villain being especially vile isn't inherently bad. What makes her backstory truly awful is the context that surrounds it. Other characters act as though Starlight is reasonable and sympathetic, to the point of completely and instantly forgiving her for everything once she seems just a bit remorseful and not even having her get in any trouble for her actions, which include messing with the time stream so much she almost inadvertently caused several dystopian futures, including one featuring what appears to be the destruction of all life.

Starlight Glimmer's motives are quite simply ridiculous and point to her being an incredibly self-absorbed piece of garbage who thinks her own emotional experiences are the ultimate guide to how ponies should live their life, because nopony in their right mind would do the things she did or think the way she did unless they were seriously messed up. I mean, cripes, how can one pony be that immature and short-sighted? And yet, this gets her sympathy and forgiveness because, uh, "Friendship is Magic" yo. No need to create characters whose motives make sense or who have genuinely sympathetic backstories. All we need is for one bad thing to happen in a villain's past to motivate them, and BANG! Instant sad, sympathetic and easily redeemable villain ready to go. As long as viewers pay no attention whatsoever to specifics, we should be home free!

Perhaps that's the real reason why Starlight annoys me so much...she's everything that goes wrong in making "sympathetic" villains all tied up in one cuddly purple-pink pony package.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've only seen her second appearance, but I agree it wasn't up to much. Even Discord turned around more believably than her. Partially because he didn't FULLY convert unlike her, but also because he actually came to some reasoning by himself that his villainy wasn't worth it and even then the heroes made perfectly clear that doesn't mean he's off the hook. Most of them still hated him for a long while.

Starlight saw the big picture of what she was doing and was still perfectly willing to ruin all Equestria until Twilight essentially bargained with her to make new friends, it almost felt like Twilight was practically begging for her mercy (and thus more appealing to her ego) just because she'd found a small pang of sympathy in her otherwise smug, vindictive and psychopathic personality. I'm almost tempted to believe it's a dupe and Starlight will turn out to be playing Heel Face Mole it feels that fake.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kai Leng from Mass Effect. I hated him the moment I saw him. I never, never cared for space ninjas and this guy is brought in to be all "cool" it was pitiful. I never hated him for his "victories" in the third game, I just hate his stupid gimmick.

This one is an unpopular one, but I despise Trevor Philips from GTAV. I really, really despise him. So much so that I was just thankful I could kill him in a horrible fashion in one ending. It's a shame, because a "crazy funny" character kinda peaked my interest, initially. I was looking forward to playing him. But what did Rockstar do? Bring back an older protagonist just to have Trevor kill him in the most terrible way possible. Having the old character look like a total wimp and destroying that character's arc. It pissed me off. It would have been fine if Johnny was killed off in a boss battle, but to do that to him? And for what? To make Trevor look badass? He didn't need that to look badass.

It reminds me of when when someone makes a fan character and use them to kill off a main character to show how badass they are.

Trevor leaves such a poor taste in my mouth, to the point that I hate having to play him, I've not picked up GTAV again since beating it. Probably never will. Then again, Trevor, while a significant part of what I had problems with, in that game, wasn't the only thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, before I forget, I'd like to mention another, more minor choice: G.U.N. (I know it's not technically a character, but still.)

A lot of people who don't like Shadow sometimes say that they look at Shadow as a sort of personification of everything that they personally don't like/want to see in the Sonic series. While Shadow has never been one of my top favourite characters, I don't feel that way about him specifically, even though I was never really interested in his backstory with Gerald, Maria, and so on. (If anything, I was more curious about what the deal with the Biolizard was.)

But I do feel that way about the G.U.N. organisation. Why? Because simply put, I don't see anything entertaining about them. Their creations are pretty dull, any form of personality we see from anyone that isn't Rouge is dull, and anything regarding them that's quirky or humorous is either unintentional (everything about the G.U.N. Commander) or not really specific to the organisation anyway (Generations G.U.N. Truck, which was probably may have been tampered with by Robotnik anyway). I see them as nothing more than another generic military with shady morals, and I generally don't care for that archetype anyway due to how overdone it is in my opinion. What's more, I can't think of a role for them that I'd be overly bothered about, as I'm pretty content with Sonic and Co. fighting whoever without this boring military getting in the way of things.

Also, I know they were instrumental in how Shadow's past on the A.R.K. worked, but I always thought his backstory was a little silly even before Black Doom's involvement was added in. (Once he became part of Shadow's story, it merely became a different type of silly for me.) Also-also, it should go without saying that I'm not talking about Rouge herself when talking about G.U.N. On the contrary, she's one of my favourite characters in the series.

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

There honestly aren't a whole lot of fictional characters I hate/dislike passionately, but...that Starlight Glimmer, man.

*post*

Wasn't it established that Starlight didn't actually consider the long-term consequences (aside from the Mane Six never becoming friends that is) due to her revenge-induced shortsightedness? Like that was the whole point as to why Twilight was lecturing her about the consequences, with the barren wasteland that Twilight showed her being a serious wake up call (note her conflicted-looking demeanour when taking in the scenery). Then after that happened, even though she briefly tries to soldier on with her plan even after having witnessed what would happen, remember that she was currently in the middle of an emotional breakdown. Presumably her thoughts and feelings were all over the place and thus she was thinking even less straight about what she actually wanted to do. Once she went back to Twilight's castle, she finally had some time to calm down and come to proper terms with "Wow, I almost destroyed the world. Fuck."

That's what I got from the whole thing anyway. Not that I'm trying to change your mind about her, I'm well aware that what happened with Starlight in the finale was controversial for many fans, and I can understand why. (I personally didn't mind it too much and will be looking forward to what they have in mind with her, but that's just me.) But then again, former antagonists having reformations that are considered rushed but then get elaborated upon isn't anything new in this franchise, so I'm not too concerned about what will happen with her in Season 6 for the time being. :P Although I do agree about her backstory being rather minimal for a justification.

Also, about Starlight being super powerful for a regular unicorn, it could go either way, but I think that might get elaborated upon in Season 6 as well, as this show does have a tendency to do that sort of thing with a few of it's plot points. (Eg: How Twilight's status as a princess not meaning much during most of Season 4 - which was a common complaint at the time - ended up being a plot point for that season's finale all along.) We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm...well, I consider myself easy to please; if I hate a character, then you've either really screwed up, or really succeeded if I'm supposed to hate him/her.

I don't really hate Jar Jar. I don't even hate Scrappy Doo; they're tolerable at worst. That said, there are a few that spring to mind...

Velma (Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.)

Now, I never had a problem with most versions of Velma, and I expected this to be no exception. However, her relationship with Shaggy, while certainly not a bad idea in itself, left a horrid taste in my mouth due to the execution.

Like trying to change Shaggy despite supposedly loving him, and hurting his friendship with Scooby. Now, I do hear the show gets better about the romance as it goes on, and some call it the best Scooby-Doo show...but Velma plays a significant part of why I'm unwilling to find out, I had such a negative first impression.

Jumbo (Yotsuba&!)

He doesn't exactly come off as a respectable person, since he made fun of Fuuka's body. When she basically threw him around, he calls her crazy. Personally, I thought he was asking for it. Sadly, I don't keep up too much, but he doesn't seem to have gotten too much better.

I'm sure there's more, but nothing others can't explain better, I'm sure.

Apologies if this post is long, but it's kind of personal for me.

OK, so if you're familiar with me on here, you know that I hate Genesect and the Legend Awakened. And I tolerated the first three Bayformers movies, the Star Wars prequels and even (albeit barely) Metroid: Other M. Say what you will on whether that speaks for my tastes or the movie's quality, but a large chunk of my hate lies with the characters - namely, the Genesect Army and especially the titular "Legend Awakened", Mewtwo.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Pokemon-The-Movie-Genesect-And-The-Legend-Awakened-05-600x359.jpg

"What the hell are you smiling at?" - Homer Simpson

(I freely admit the problems with this character lie more with her background than her actual character, but they're really fuckin' glaring)

So when I first learned about Genesect, I thought, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if in a movie Mewtwo returned to fight this guy? I mean, Anime!Mewtwo was made by Team Rocket, Genesect's made by Team Plasma, one seems designed as a counter to the other... makes sense." Never did I honestly believe that they'd actually do it. And holy shit, Ash recognised him on sight. Two of my favourite Pokémon are going to fight in a movie, and it's all 100% real. Suffice to say, I was hyped as fuck. But then, a Japanese trailer came out... and Mewtwo sounded more feminine. That confused me and a lot of fans. Why? Was this a new Mewtwo? That can't be right - it makes no sense for a second Mewtwo to exist. Maybe this was a result of that new forme he now had?

Then the movie came out and said it was indeed a second Mewtwo. I was livid. Three years later, I'm still pissed.

The Impossible Pokémon

Let's address the elephant in the room - that this Mewtwo is a unique individual separate from the old one (of whom only a slight passing mention is made, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was only added in the dub). Now, Mewtwo's origins have differed across continuities (hey, I'm a Transformers fan, you get used to this kind of thing), but one thing has remained consistent - there is only one of him. Ever. And that makes sense - while for other Legendaries you could make an argument for there being more than one (however sense it makes/doesn't make), Mewtwo, unlike them, is not naturally born - he's a product of a specific sequence of DNA recombining to create a Mew clone/mutant (the games aren't really clear). And what's more, after he's created, he often blows up his laoratory "home", destroying any possible data that could be used to make another.

Recall Mewtwo's story in the animé thus far - in the first movie, Mewtwo was the sole survivor of the cloning process. Then he blew up the lab where he was created. Then built a castle on top of it. Then paved the whole thing over with grass. Then Team Rocket tried to recapture him (because doing so was easier than building a new, potentially stronger Mewtwo), and in the process got mindwiped. By the end, there's no data on Mewtwo, no DNA to work with, the one that exists only does so thanks to its unique DNA allowing it to survive being a clone, and the only ones who know Mewtwo exists sure aren't going to become Frankensteins anytime soon.

So kindly tell me how the fuck a bunch of random scientists we know nothing about, and who seemingly have no idea that a Mewtwo already exists, managed to create an exact copy on what seems to be their first go?

Seriously, this Mewtwo's backstory is as underdetailed as you can get. "Scentists got Mew DNA somehow, made Mewtwo for some reason, did something assholish to her for some reason then got blown up except not really". I'm not leaving anything out. That's your lot. No mention of who they are, where they got the DNA of such a rare Pokémon from, why they made Mewtwo, or even how it managed to look identical to the old one despite (again) no indication of knowing a Mewtwo already existed. May I remind you that the original Mewtwo's backstory actually had depth to it, and this is little more than a watered down photocopy.

Oh, and it got a episode-length prologue special devoted to it. The only thing expanded on was that its creators were alive offscreen. That's it. No joke.

Cloning Blues

But I've bitched about her backstory long enough. How is she as a character? Aside from having a feminine voice for some reason (imagine Megatron having a feminine voice - some voices shouldn't be matched with some bodies, as we'll soon see), she's distrustful towards humans, cares more towards Pokémon, and is questioning her place in the world. Again, much like Mewtwo's origin, his personality differs, but one thing stays the same - it's pissed off, and it will not hesitate to kick your ass. This Mewtwo smiles a lot more, is reluctant to fight Genesect, and I don't remember if her anger rose beyond "Don't make me come get you" levels. Now imagine if the likes of, say, Shadow or Batman were like that - and not as a joke, either. Doesn't fit the established image of the character, does it?

But the real kicker is yet to come - read that descriprion of her "character" again. You may ask, "Isn't that exactly what the old Mewtwo was like post-Mewtwo Returns?" The answer is yes, and the man behind the madness, director Kunihiko Yuyama, openly said that he "thought it would be better if it were a new Mewtwo". But when you get down to it, it's basically the old Mewtwo, just voiced by a woman and far softer than literally any other portrayal of the character ever. So really, all that logic breaking, shallow as hell, and utterly contrived backstory was for that?! Oh, and by the way, he never said why he thought it would be better. And he still has yet to answer.

And what's sadder... is that her opponents aren't much better.

http://asianwiki.com/images/4/47/Pocket_Monsters_Best_Wishes-Mewtwo_Awakens-0006.jpg

Because somehow five are less impressive than one

How to Make Cyborg Prehistoric Killer Bugs Seem Less Cool

Fortunately I'll try not to make my gripes with the Genesect Army as long as Mewtwo's (no promises though). They share one problem with her in that I question having multiples of a Pokémon that's one of a kind in the games, but I will concede that they make TONS more sense (all of them being made simultaneously by the same group and all). I guess that there's more of them to advertise Techno Blast, but why not have one that can switch Drives? I mean, the last movie had a Kyurem that could become Black and White at will with neither hide nor hair of the other two dragons anywhere. I bring this up because three of the Genesect are props. Almost no character to their name, you could probably excise them from the plaot and lose nothing. The other two? Well, first off... there's the Douse Drive Genesect.

Move aside, Cream the Rabbit. You've been displaced as the most annoying, unbearable, overly cutesy character I've ever seen. And it's from a thing that honestly shouldn't even BE cutesy. It's a four foot tall cyborg bug who makes the sounds of a Dalek-Gremlin hybrid with a bad cold... and it's got the telepathic voice of fucking Fluttershy?! Really?! That fits far less than Mewtwo's female voice does! Oh, and as a side note, why is it telepathic anyway? They're cyborgs - use vocoders! Anyway, it tags along with Ash and whines about wanting to go home constantly. As in, all I remember of its dialogue begins and ends with, "I want to go home". Christ, I cannot stand that fuck. It's pure panderising crap.

And what about the Red Genesect? Well, he's OK, if one dimensional... until the end anyway. Mewtwo takes it into space, says, "Everyone is your friend, you are my friend," and that somehow causes it to go 100% good and say, "Everyone is my friend." And everyone forgives it. May I inform you that this Genesect forced out Pokémon from a nature reserve with violent means, threatened the city at large with its actions, wouldn't stop when told so, took control of its allies against their will numerous times, and the minute before he got shot into space, he was willing to attack and kill his own kind for not obeying his commands? And a few minutes after, no-one holds any of that against him just because he said "you're all my friend" and because he and his crew were after new homes?

In fact, let's talk about this tidbit of how the Genesect Army weren't really evil to begin with, because it's another problem I have with them - the "Not Evil, Just Misunderstood" cliché these movies have a fucking fetish for. Apparently humans are allowed to be as big of a bastard as they want and get karmic punishments, but if you're a Pokémon? Nuh-uh, son - you're a pure, misunderstood good guy, and if you're not one now, you'll be one with a handy dandy Heel-Face Turn. Shit's getting reeeeaaaalll old, guys. There's a reason why one of my characters basically acts in open defiance of this. We've seen it done before with Mewtwo (the original), Deoxys, Darkrai, Giratina and Kyurem, and after this, we see it done with Hoopa('s Shadow). But it honestly shines brighter with these guys because, really, why aren't they evil? They're made by Team Plasma, for God's sake. And after all the shit the Red Genesect pulls, it's not really evil, it gets away with everything it's done AND it gets exactly what it wanted with hardly even a slap on the wrist? That's a new level of fuck off.

There's probably more stuff I forgot to talk about these two (well, six), and maybe I talked about the movie more than the characters, but hey, I'm pretty sure I experienced the pain only known to those who lived in the hype for The Phantom Menace and Sonic '06. In case it weren't clear, I hate this movie's guts more than is probably healthy for any human being.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I'm a big fan of Yugioh Arc V and I've been loving the characters they've been introducing. They're all colorful in some way and badass in others. And then there's Yuri and Sergey which is a different topic all together. What I don't like is well is some asshole known as Shinji Weber.

Shinji_Weber_zpszrfxvy2y.png

So long story short. The series has been about a bunch of kids getting involved with a dimensional war based on previous universes in Yugioh. So there's the Fusion Dimension which is based off the GX series, Synchro Dimension based off 5DS, and Xyz based off Zexal with Standard being Arc V's universe. What we do know is that Fusion is the antagonists of the story and nearly destroyed Xyz and Synchro remained neutral, staying away from the conflict. When the conflict was introduced Reiji made the Lancers as a way to combat interdimensional threats and decides to go to Synchro to get more allies for his team. So where does this asshole comes in? Time to explain the Synchro Dimension in a nutshell!

Synchro is again based off Yugioh 5Ds which is considered to be the darkest series to date. Synchro has a hierarchy based on 2 classes, Tops being the rich guys on top and Commons who are people living in the slums. Needless to say 90% of Synchro's citizens are commons, living a rather shitty life being oppressed by the Tops and Security. However the big difference between this and Arc V is that there's no Gods or supernatural disasters that caused this big change in the social system which means this happened because rich people are bastards. Sounds sympathetic right? This is where Shinji comes in.

Ok I was excited for them to everyone to go to Synchro because 5Ds is my favorite series and it was awesome to see JACK ATLAS in action again. I thought Shinji was cool at first because he helped the Lancers escape Security with Crow Hogan (my namesake btw so this will be a weird post for me) and showed some sympathy for Reira who was going through a crisis. He also runs an awesome deck called Bee Force that is a swarm deck that focuses on making big Synchro summons. This is the only good thing you'll hear about him. This is where he goes so wrong in so many ways.

Everyone gets captured anyways and forced to compete in the Fortune Cup as a way to show the Tops and Commons a new hope but however losers are sent to the underground and goes through slave labor. This sounds horrible but /everyone/ including the Commons themselves are OK with it. Anyways Shinji is up to bat against Tsukikage who's the ninja of the Lancers. They duel but Shinji riles up the crowd by spouting that the Commons should stand up for themselves and fight. And needless to say it works with the Commons shouting violently with the Tops clearly unnerved about it. He also insults Tsukikage despite not knowing his situation of you know, saving the world and having his brother carded recently. Shinji moves on and duel Yuya who's ideals are much different as Yuya wants to entertain everyone. Again he riles up the crowd again, saying that even the weak have power to become stronger and that they must overthrow the Tops, etc. What really makes him an asshole in all this besides starting violence is that he thinks its more important to duel over looking after friends, especially if that said person crashed into a building like Yuya's friend and he becomes a massive hypocrite by calling Tuning Magician USELESS. This is coming from the guy with the weak bee deck! Needless to say Yuya using Tuning Magician with his new Enlightenment Paladin was divine retribution. Then he becomes the most sore loser ever by calling Yuya a dog of the Tops because he lost fairly. And everyone believed him despite evidence saying Yuya isn't involved with anyone in Synchro!

Recently after being sent to the underground, he escapes with the other Lancers sent there and starts up mass chaos. He manages to get the Commons to riot very violently. As you can tell I really don't like this character. He's a major asshole to the point that I was hoping he would had ran into Academia and get carded but no he's allowed to have his goddamn riots and revolutions. Being a major hypocrite and a violent bastard doesn't win any points by me. Here I was excited to see Synchro but not like this. Geez Arc V please don't let this asshat have his fun.

IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST

@Vertekins Hi there. You may not know me but I know (of) you. I follow you on Tumblr and I greatly admire your passion for Sonic and enjoy hearing your view on things. Keep on being awesome.

5 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

The Ultra Dragon, which originally was the four dragons which belonged to Kai, Jay, Cole and Zane now belonged to him.

Heh... Heh ha ha...HAHAHAHAHA! You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Now onward to relavency.

latest?cb=20140620172224

Original character. Do not steal. Original joke. Donut steel.

Pseudo Sonic

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog

-Poor man's Metal Sonic

-Completely lame ass execution of the evil twin schtick. He takes evil robot twin to generic levels I thought impossible.

-The fact that they took up almost half an issue pitting him againist a Nerfed Modern Sonic is displeasing

-He looks. So. Fucking. Stupid.

-His entire existence was and always will be redundant. Evil twin's been done better. Robot Sonic's been done better a thousand times. Literally every other robot Sonic made is a better robot Sonic than Pseudo Sonic. Yes, even that deviled up Metal Sonic from Knuckles Chaotix.

-Is in no way a good or interesting villian. He's so fucking corny, you could put him on a box of Corn Flakes and no one'd bat an eye.

-I can't seem to find a picture of Metal Sonic holding his head while his body lay in ruins scattered across one of Eggman's vaults. I know this isn't really his fault but I'm blaming him anyway becase I don't like him. Anybody doing (free) comissions?

Griffin_family.png

I love me some rip off Simpsons with yeard of Flanderization.

Family Guy

This one's loooooooong so it gets a spoiler to prevent scrolliosis.

Spoiler

Pretty much everyone except Meg lately

Joe Swanson

I hate the way he's been characterized lately. The whole "friend that nobody else in the group really likes" schtick is so fucking unfunny. The occasional socially ineptness made me chuckle here and there, but Fladerization completely overwrote his character to "How does I conversate in generally socially acceptable ways?" which is a complete 180 on the alpha male parabro badass cop that everyone loved in his debut appearence. And I really hate how Bonnie now resenting him is being used for cheap humor, which is another 180 since she's been shown to be very understanding of his prediciment since her debut and was very kind. In the last few seasons, she's:

-Ditched him and fled to another country or state or somewhere very not where Joe is at the moment

-Shot up a parapalegic target marker at the gun range in front of Joe

-Pretty much treats Joe as if he made himself paralyzed just to fuck with her

Remember when Joe Swanson chased down that one perp who stole Lois's jar-o-cash to redeem himself from losing him earlier and then killed him? Remember when he chased down and beat the shit out of Lois during her kleptomania phase? Remember when he ditched the group after getting legs because they couldn't keep up with his life style? Or later he banged Bonnie, giving her the best sex in ages? Or earlier one time he was paralyzed?

Peppridge Farm remembers. But not Seth McFarlane apparently.

Family Guy

Actually, most of the core cast has undergone 180s in personality for quick laughs here and there. I don't hate these guys entirely but I hate what's become of them recently.

Lois

-Total bitch at times

-Shows resentment and openly insults her family, which she's been shown to love to death many times before. It was funny here and there because normally, she was your stock kind and supporting mother and wife and seeing her let loose once and a while was a nice change of pace but they're really over playing their hand lately.

Stewie

-We get it. He's a bi-baby. Stop reminding us every 3 episodes. I'm not homophobic btw. I just think they've done this joke to death.

-Was seriously pussified progressively in the later seasons. He went from being the dark horse of the series to... the total opposite of a dark horse that no one invite to parties because he's the opposite of dark horses.

Cleveland

-His characterization on The Cleveland Show was hit or miss, mostly miss.

-Sometimes, he needs to not talk.

The Quag-meister

- While the 180 done here was probably the best thing for his character and I'm glad he's got some depth outside the "wants to shag every woman 16 and up he sees" angle, his utter annoyance with Peter & Joe's imcompetencies is overplayed. He comes off as a an irritable dick.

-Complains way too much. Like, shut the fuck up and make a sex joke for once.

Mort Goldman

-The Jewish stereotypes are mostly very unfunny. I'm not saying this because of the potential back lash the comes from stereotyping in general, the jokes are just painfully unfunny sometimes.

Adam West

-The lack of Batman jokes disgusts me.

f6dd3862a9248fcde3efe2803f7df9e1cf8c3b7b

This gif literally made me shit my pants. And by literally, I mean figuratively. And by figuratively, I mean I'm a basic teenaged valley girl enjoying her white privillage. Heh, white...see what I did thar?

Frieza

Dragon Ball

I don't hate him as a villian but I hate his character. Lol, hating a character's character. Inception. FWOOOOOOOOOM.

-He's such a fucking sore loser. Like, who the fuck blows up a planet because they lost a fight?

-He talks too much shit. Like bro, stop bragging like your white ass didn't get hacked up by not one, but two Super Saiyans.

-Has a severe case of villianitis letting people live longer than he should because he wants to fuck with them.

-He's such an entitled spoiled princess. Like fuck, it's hilarious and maddening at the same.

-Cannot seem to grasp the basic concept of the passage of time.

-His daddy ain't shit either. He freaking begged for mercy and bribed Trunks so he wouldn't kill him. I hate cowards. No seperate section for you King Pussy Cold.

latest?cb=20130505145555

Nothing washes down the crippling fear and anxiety like a healthy dose of clownophobia in the morning.

Hisoka

Hunter x Hunter

Hisoka, my man, you're a cool villian and all but you need to lay of them little boys bruh. Like for real, that shit is not tight.

In English:

-While he takes sexual gratification in fighting strong opponents, and is probably asexual, but showing your Shenlong, especially when it's in Porunga form, to prebuscent boys is not cool. Majorly not cool.

-This mother fuck called Gon after he got out the shower saying "Imma getcha." It was funny as fuck but come on dude...

-Good God if he isn't creepy...

250px-Lucina_SSB4.png

Sakurai be like "Clone? What clone? We met our man hour quota every week so you better fucking enjoy your game you little self entitled shits."

Lucina

Fire Emblem: I don't give a fuck, nobody asked for a girl Marth in Sm4sh. OK, maybe some did but we don't talk about them.

-I know close to nothing about her character portrayal in Fire Emblem. I'm just upset that Nintendon'teverdothisshitagainorI'llcutyou passed off this shameless clone as a seperate character. And unlike the other clones, who are semis at best, she plays exactly the same as Marth sans maybe 3 differences max, not counting taunts.

latest?cb=20160124201617

Original concept. Doo knot steal.

Mini & Mun

Sonic Rush Adventure

-Typical bad wise cracking bad guy lackies who sometimes criticize their boss until he tell them to shut it.

-Did they do anything important at all in the entire game? Like even flipping a switch?

-And they're not even charming. Orbot & Cubot are master race lackies.

200_s.gif

No joke for him. Fuck this guy.

Patrick Star

Spongebob Squarpants

-I hate stupid people

-I hate jokes that revolve around stupid people being stupid. They're so cheap and corny and over used and I'm sick of them all together. And.

-He's painfully stupid. His bullshit shennagrams can turn the stir the course of the plot for worse in no time at all.

char_90779.jpg

I'm blue da ba ba dee I deserve to die dee da ba die... 

Shinji Matou

Fate/Stay series

-Fucking. Scumbag. Die please. Thank you.

-Attempted to rape a defenseless Rin right after licking her.

-Has been raping his sister for three years in one of the scenarios. Also used her as a hostage.

-Such a manipulative little shit. Would use anyone to achiveve his goals. It doesn't help that many people fall to his superficial charm.

-Arrogant as hell.

-For someone who thins so highly of himself, he's actually a big gapping wuss. He'd ditch a fight if he cut his pinky toe. Good God, he's got no balls at all, the total opposite of Shirou. I almost feel bad for him but then I remember he's scum encarnate.

-I'm really glad he always gets his just deserts. Piece of shit.

char_116404.jpg

How many imagae captions have you read in your life?

Dio Brando

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

Again, I hate his personity. He's one of my favorite villians of all time and I think more villians should strive to be like him but like any good villian, he's such a piece of shit.

-Kicks nice guy Jonathan Joestar's dog after they both enthusiastically great him upon arrival to the Joestar residence, claiming he startled him.

-Grabs Jonathan's arm tightly after he offers to help him carry his bags to his room, calling him a peasant or something.

-Pretty much ursurps Jonathan as George Joestar I's favorite son on purpose.

-Publicly humiliates Jonathan in an boxing match.

-Steals the first kiss of Jonathan's sweet heart Erina.

-Is a sore loser. Cried like a bitch after Jonathan gave him that what for and pulled out a knife because he was losing. It was pitiful.

-Kills the dog.

-Kills Jonathan.

-Takes Jonathan's body because even though they're sworn enemies, he's still the only man he's ever had respect for. Yessir, Jonathan Joestar is such a swell guy, not even his worst enemies are immune to his dapperness.

-Stole Jonathan's after decapitating him body in the most questionable act of brotherly love depicted in fiction.

-Has the audacity to admire Johnny baby's perfect bod in the mirror like grew that shit. Those are not your gains Dio. THOSE ARE NOT YOUR GAINS.

-One time, he said "How many breads have you eaten in your life?" and it really bothered me.

20151001123059ac741.gif

He looks like someone who likes to measure the density of his own farts,

Makoto Hanamiya

Kuroko No Basket

-Only plays basket ball to see people's dreams of winning crushed. Which is a shame because he's got actual talent but he'd rather be a bag of dicks.

-Having his team mates position themselves to avoid being seen by the referee and by making inconspicous movements, he makes them physically attack the opposing team.

200_s.gif

Does this look like the face of a man who knows mercy? Scratch that, does this look like the face of a man?

Griffith

Berserk

This one's probably the worse on this thread. I dare someone to try to top this.

-After been captured, he betrays his friends that have come to rescue him (the second worse of crimes), who he's led and become a father amoung men to for years to demons of hell or some shit, leading one of the most grusome blood baths I've ever seen that actually made me think "You know what, that's enough anime for one day."

-Rapes the main character Guts' girlfriend even while she bleeds in front of him, pretty much mind whipping her to a catatonic state for a while, fracturing her psyche so badly she suffered amnesia due to shock.

-I've never had so much hate for a person, fictional or not, to date.

-Actually made me drop a series from further consideration. That ultra violence helped but his actions sealed the deal.

char_7506.jpg

"I reveal my face down card, Polymerization!"

I'm sorry, I'm going to hell...

Shou Tucker

Fullmetal Alchemist

-Nuff said.

Spoiler

For those of you legitimately curious, first of all THANKS! Second:

-Performed the forbidden fusion by combining his daughter Nina Tucker with his dog Alexander so he wouldn't lose his job as a military scientist in one of the most inhumane acts in anime history. He needed to make an outstanding breakthough in alchemy to make up for his past failures or else they big mils would revoke his liscence. He figured he'd do so by making an itelligent chimera. He did the same thing with his wife and another creature some time earlier and told the Elircs and Nina that she divorced him for being broke. She only said one thing: "Kill me." First rule about alchemy: don't do human transmutation. He emotionally scared (heh) the Elric brothers, notably Ed who felt responsible for Al losing his body after convincing him to help him perform human transumatation to bring their mother back to life. The crazy thing is, the only reason the Elrics found out it was Nina mixed in with Alexander is because the it said "Edward, big brother Ed" and Ed piece it together by pointing out neither of them were present at the moment. 

Let's play a fun game: Take a shot everytime I use obscene language in this post.

Actually, no wait don't. I don't need no dead bodies on my conscious.

First person who can count them all gets a prize though. C'mon, don't be shy folks. Step right up and place your bets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver_Sonic_TH-initial-render.png

This guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Silver's probably one of, if not my numero uno least favorite character in the series, and whenever you have a cast that includes Black Doom, The Babylon Rogues, Elise and Chris Thorndyke, that's saying a lot. So if he's so bad, why don't I break this into pieces? Good idea.

1 ) HIS SCHTICK

He's a hedgehog from a post-apocalyptic future trying to go back in time to stop Sonic from causing cataclysmic destruction. Now, despite the whole "apocalypse" thing being a little overboard, that doesn't sound like it's too bad of a character description, right? You'd be correct in that case, because it's literally Trunks from Dragon Ball Z. Yep. Pretty much Trunks, guys!

Which only worsens how the mid-2000s tried to push Sonic as a combination of some edgelord franchise and a shonen anime (with all the tropes you could muster of it) as much as humanly possible, and the last thing we needed was a character literally written into the script as "think of Trunks" to fit alongside how they were basically morphing Sonic into Goku and Shadow into Vegeta. Which ties in with the ridiculousness behind the how there's a HUUUUGE chunk of the fanbase that draws the hedgehog trio together more than there even is regular fanart of regular Sonic isht, but I'll get into that later. Anyways..

2 ) HIS DESIGN

Ozkurt_Silver.jpg

Who on God's green earth looks at a design like that and says "Hmm... you know what.. that's nice. Good work, team."

WHO?!

Two big gangly NiGHTS-esque jester points and the front piece is one only a mother could love (and resembles one too many things that young teenagers still guffaw at to this day). Try-hard clothing and patterns galore, but yet just normal enough in the rest of his face and proportions that he looks just garish and designed by a twelve year old.

And you know it's bad when even his super weird prototype pieces looked better than the final result.

672px-SilverConcept4.jpgSilverConcept1.jpg

At least that first design there had enough weird going on in it (golden mane, creepy eyes, funky colors and patterns) to let the person looking at it go "Oh. He's supposed to look strange, isn't he?", but no. When tamed out, the weirdness persisted, but in a bad, severely unintentional way.

As for the second one, it could've fixed the whole situation by having where his big flop of junk on his head would stay down until psychokinesis was used, which made decent sense. But what they ending up doing.. Just, the whole design looks super straight up DUMB to a hugely laughable amount, and I can say that even when looking at more current renders of him.

Silver.the.Hedgehog.full.403903.jpg

spDRPS2.png

God dang do I get second hand embarrassment looking at this sack of sin. I can't believe this is honestly a character that existed in the Sonic franchise, this poster boy of the worst era of Sonic ever, and not only that but he persists it all even in the midst of how ugly, try hard and unoriginal he is, as well as how unbelievably awful his origin game was. And that mostly has to do with..

3 ) HIS PERCEPTION BY FANS

I don't know how to describe this one properly enough but Silver is extremely popular in the fanbase, in fact to the point where you'd find fan art of him more than most of any other Sonic characters beside Sonic himself, and... you guessed it: Shadow.

Sonic, Shadow and Silver, all coded as three anime protagonists that cover these super lame tropes and have terribly justified relationships because they obviously all have love interests, also I don't want to go too far into any of this but I know how bad it is on deviantart and tumblr and every site that contains Sonic fanart ever of Silver (along with Shadow's) presence because of this anime-y bullpoop, and I know other people know exactly what I'm talking about, so take my word for it there and look into the abyss at your own risk.

Actually, look on Sonic Channel's art pages too. That trio is incredibly popular in Japan too.

But anyways even with my irritance with that, that's not the main reason for why I go into them in particular..

4 ) RIP BLAZE THE CAT

bbbbbb7.png

Seen above: a tortured soul.

Blaze had the unfortunateness of appearing in Sonic 06 for no reason whatsoever, coming from the future and being good friends with Silver despite her entire backstory first given in Sonic Rush is nothing like that.

Blaze comes from an alternate dimension, where she's a princess that protects the Sol Emeralds. She's also a good character with a funky and neat design and she came from a good game.

However, 06  completely disregards this and makes a different story for her with no reason or rhyme written into it. Which makes lots of sense in hindsight, because 06 was a very terrible game with an even more terribly written story.

Now Blaze continued with her true backstory and etc the following year with Sonic Rush Adventure, and all was good. But you know what wasn't good?

Fans of Silver (and of 06 as well) just seemed to either accept 06 as canon or accept Rush and 06 both as canon (somehow), and then over time the majority of the fanbase kinda forgot Blaze wasn't Silver's sidekick... or worse... his lover..

And now Sega themselves egg it on for some bogglingly dumb reason, constantly having to pair the two characters side by side, make small references to each other's existence and the like. Why? Why couldn't Blaze's whole stupid thing in 06 just be forgotten and thrown away to bad writing, just like the writers themselves did in the 11th hour of the game's storyline?

Why has Blaze had to have been dragged down to poop with this guy? And it really doesn't help that artwork and content about Silvaze and/or Silver and Blaze interacting is EXTREMELY POPULAR. All I want is quality fan art of Blaze being Blaze with the other Sonic pals and all I get is garbage, garbageee, GARBAGEEEEEE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5 ) EPILOGUE

Silver's bad and I really dislike him. He's a badly designed character from a badly designed game, and (while he and his bg story does seem pretty rad in the comics; Archieverse Silver is a-okay in my book) he just adds nothing good to the game series. I'd put him on similar level with the Black Arms and Babylon Rogues, but those are characters I can make myself forget about with time.

But you see, Sega won't let me forget about Silver (and by default, Sonic 06 as well). Silver persists, and his fanbase is huge, and he/they completely ruined Blaze for everyone. Thanks Sega! :v

• Thumbs Up 9

7 hours ago, Azoo said:

He's a hedgehog from a post-apocalyptic future trying to go back in time to stop Sonic from causing cataclysmic destruction. Now, despite the whole "apocalypse" thing being a little overboard, that doesn't sound like it's too bad of a character description, right? You'd be correct in that case, because it's literally Trunks from Dragon Ball Z. Yep. Pretty much Trunks, guys!

And Trunks is just Kyle Reese from Terminator (right down to Gohan being repurposed as John Conner), but with literally everything interesting about Reese traded for boring kung fu shit. 

(Trunks and Reese, though, weren't preventing their protagonists from causing the end of the world, but trying to prevent their deaths by the hands of future robots who aim to end the world. So Silver is actually a more original modification of his source premise than Trunks is, who is a much more blatant, shameless copy.)

As much as I love Rick and Morty, I think I'm among the few that doesn't see the appeal in Birdperson.

latest?cb=20140415133633

Basically Birdperson is designed to be this cool stoic Native American type who guides Morty and looks into Rick's past.

The problem here however, is that almost his entire shtick revolves around simply guilt tripping Morty whenever he tries to draw the line with Rick's abusive treatment of him. While Rick is a jerk, he's one of those characters that is cynical and can validate his lack of humanity with decent reasoning by himself, and ultimately there are still times he accepts he's a prick. Birdperson gave Rick that cheaper Jerk Sue development, always trying to shame Morty to feel sorry for him because he has a crummy past and lifestyle (which he all brought on himself by the way) and is still deep deep deep DEEP down a heroic person. He's not subtle about it either. Even through his stoic demeanour he flat out calls Morty a dick who shouldn't sleep at night.

The worst part is that Birdperson otherwise is completely inactive. He never helps Rick himself or tries to get him back on track, he just keeps shaming Morty into accepting that's his job, and then hooks up with Tammy. He's like one of those pretentious drinking buddies, he thinks his pal is the greatest because he spends a couple hours a week having a few beers and getting all the positives from him, and his abused wife is just an ungrateful bitch because she doesn't want to deal with him the entire rest of the time, putting up with all the negatives. But he has a connection with him, man. How dare she come between them.

His death through Tammy almost felt like karma, another case he thought he could analyse someone perfectly from just from a bit of partying. He couldn't comprehend he could be wrong about someone right down to when she blew his brains out. And how about that, the very same episode has Rick come to a sympathetic epiphany concerning his selfish treatment of his family, no longer having Birdperson to enable him.

Getting back to Family Guy, I've noticed a trend with Joe Swanson lately: in that he flat out fails as a cop.

Once again, I direct you to "Screams in Silence" as an example. Joe claims in one scene that the police can't do anything about Jeff because Brenda needs to file a formal complaint, despite the fact that Jeff has been abusive to her in public multiple times during the episode.

For as many characters and concepts in The Legend of Korra that I love, there are some that I hate. If you randomly point out a cast member it'd be like flipping a coin between like/hate. That's how uneven this cast is. They got some things right, but the sheer amount of characters they fucked up at some point is colossal. Since this is a sequel to one of my favorite things ever, this is only worse for me. The cast of Avatar the Last Airbender was goddamn perfect a few hiccups aside. What the fuck happened here?

There are quite a few characters I don't like, but I'm just going to focus on one character in particular though. 

latest?cb=20140814083841

Suyin Bei Fong. 

Let's just...go down the list of things I remember her doing. You probably wont get any of this unless you actually saw this show but whatever. Spoilers for this series.

Spoiler

- Scarred her sister Lin's face after Lin tried to stop her from being  a criminal

- played an active role in ruining the relationship between her, Lin and her mother.

-She gets banished from Ba Sing Sei for her actions....which only resulted in her founding Zaofu and living a happy life so yeah it worked out for her!

- SHE FUCKING BLEW PI LI'S HEAD UP(yeah yeah I know she was a villain but goddamn that was the most brutal kill move in the entirety of both series by far and everyone just kind of ignored that it happened, like what the fuck?)

- When the earth kingdom goes to shit and pretty much everyone wants her to take over for the now dead as shit queen she refuses...understandable if she doesn't want the responsibility, but when Kuvira decides she wants to do it instead Suyin gets fucking PISSED. Like, not mildly pissed, "You're banished for trying to help the rest of the world and I never want to see you again" pissed. She treats Kuvira like shit in general, really.

- So Kuvira builds an army and starts cleaning up the earth kingdom. Kuvira then decides she's going to take control of Zaofu basically to spite Suyin, which is hilarious. Korra shows up to calm things down and convinces Kuvira to negotiate with Suyin instead of using force. Suyin then, instead of waiting for tomorrow for negotiations to happen, decides to try and assassinate Kuvira in her sleep. Because that's how peace talks work, right? So Kuvira gets pissed off and wrecks Zaofu's shit anyway. She endangers the entire city she's in charge of over a petty feud.

- Kuvira and her partner in crime, who happens Suyin's son(GASP) build a weapon of mass destruction in Zaofu and decide to go threaten Republic City with it...for some reason. The gang blows it up and captures the two. Suyin instantly forgives her son but swears Kuvira's going to get life in prison..what. 

And she pretty much gets away with all of this too. Nobody in the cast calls her out on it. Everyone's focused on getting her out of all of the shit she gets into and blaming somebody else for it happening despite her usually at least indirectly starting it. There are a lot of trashy characters in this series, sadly, but Suyin takes the crown.

Well, let's see... I have never liked Knuckles the Echidna. Not until Boom anyways.

He's just... He's really stupid, and not the funny kind in Boom where he's supposed to be stupid. He has really boring lines throughout the series, he's not fun to play as, never really does anything interesting whatsoever... Maybe if he got his own game I'd like him more? It seems like every other Sonic character has SOME sort of purpose or role, but he's very much just there, and usually needs to have the Master Emerald stolen to have any reason to join Sonic. I guess originally he was supposed to be some rival for Sonic, but it doesn't seem like he is anymore. I mean, there seemed to be more of an emphasis on his character in Sonic Adventure, at least. He wasn't bad in that. But afterwards, I dunno.

I mean my opinions on why I dislike him probably seem pretty barebones but I thought'd be better than just saying "I don't like him". ;;;;

There's also Misty from Pokémon. I don't like her design, don't like her personality, etc., yeah. I dislike Iris for the same reasons honestly. They're also both kinda mean to Ash (Misty I can understand since Ash was very inexperienced, though I still think encouragement would've helped more, but Iris?). Not counting one or two Character of the Day characters, they're the only characters I dislike in the anime-- Oh, wait. I don't like Cilan either. People think Ash is boring? This guy pretty much lacks everything Brock has. He doesn't have any funny "oh look a cute girl" things which was mostly the reason I liked Brock, and he always makes these terrible food analogies or puns. Always. Ech. Of course I skipped most of Black and White so maybe he had some redeeming factors along the way, but I kinda doubt it. Much as I like the show it's not great with character development (until recently).

I also really can't stand Peach outside the RPGs. She's annoying, always gets captured, never does anything to protect herself... She's pretty much the opposite of of the kind of female character I like. She did things in 3D World but that wasn't enough to make me like her. I actually don't know how they can redeem her at this point honestly.

I hate Wario too but it's just because he's gross. Don't like his design.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have noticed that people tend to dislike Peach for the main reason that she gets kidnapped. I just don't personally find it to be a legit reason to hate the character though as it's mostly because the writers are too incompetent to make her a full and complete character instead of just a ball in a game between Mario and Bowser. They have made her competent a few times but then they revert back again because the DiD plot is the most easiest plot for them to work with, especially in the Mario franchise. Until they can make games without making her into a basketball, I say we'll be seeing it alot. However, it's not her fault. Just my two cents.

18 minutes ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

Well, let's see... I have never liked Knuckles the Echidna. Not until Boom anyways.

He's just... He's really stupid, and not the funny kind in Boom where he's supposed to be stupid. He has really boring lines throughout the series, he's not fun to play as, never really does anything interesting whatsoever... Maybe if he got his own game I'd like him more? It seems like every other Sonic character has SOME sort of purpose or role, but he's very much just there, and usually needs to have the Master Emerald stolen to have any reason to join Sonic. I guess originally he was supposed to be some rival for Sonic, but it doesn't seem like he is anymore. I mean, there seemed to be more of an emphasis on his character in Sonic Adventure, at least. He wasn't bad in that. But afterwards, I dunno.

I actually feel the same way to be honest. I mean, I kinda found Knuckles to be boring at first. I mean I like his dumb moments but it always seems that he needs to be tied to the master emerald to appear in a game. I liked his Boom personality better because he was carefree and didn't care what others thought of him, whilst being a loyal friend.

23 minutes ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

I don't like Cilan either. People think Ash is boring? This guy pretty much lacks everything Brock has. He doesn't have any funny "oh look a cute girl" things which was mostly the reason I liked Brock, and he always makes these terrible food analogies or puns.

I actually had to look up that one as I am still not caught up on the English names but now that I know.... haha

I found Brock's  running gag to be quite annoying over a few episodes. To be honest though, I don't really like any of Ash's male companions. I mean for a few episodes, they are great, but every quirk or joke they use.... they tend to overdo it. Just like with Team Rocket's blasting off gig, which got annoying when D/P came around or them being completely useless and just showing up to say "heeeyyyy". 

As for the subject of female companions with all the coordinators and characters that show up to dress up that we have seen, I found Iris to be a breath of fresh air for some reason. But that's just me. The one I don't really like Serena as she is bland -_-. I just got tired of the "cutesy, girly and nothing really else" companions when D/P came around. 

9 hours ago, Azul said:

Shou Tucker

Fullmetal Alchemist

-Nuff said.

Reveal hidden contents

For those of you legitimately curious, first of all THANKS! Second:

-Performed the forbidden fusion by combining his daughter Nina Tucker with his dog Alexander so he wouldn't lose his job as a military scientist in one of the most inhumane acts in anime history. He needed to make an outstanding breakthough in alchemy to make up for his past failures or else they big mils would revoke his liscence. He figured he'd do so by making an itelligent chimera. He did the same thing with his wife and another creature some time earlier and told the Elircs and Nina that she divorced him for being broke. She only said one thing: "Kill me." First rule about alchemy: don't do human transmutation. He emotionally scared (heh) the Elric brothers, notably Ed who felt responsible for Al losing his body after convincing him to help him perform human transumatation to bring their mother back to life. The crazy thing is, the only reason the Elrics found out it was Nina mixed in with Alexander is because the it said "Edward, big brother Ed" and Ed piece it together by pointing out neither of them were present at the moment. 

Let's play a fun game: Take a shot everytime I use obscene language in this post.

Actually, no wait don't. I don't need no dead bodies on my conscious.

First person who can count them all gets a prize though. C'mon, don't be shy folks. Step right up and place your bets.

Oh God how could I forget Shou Tucker?

It's notable how in one FMA omake, even Envy, who performed such horrific crimes as shooting a child to spark a war and then offing Maes Hughes is depicted in Heaven yet Tucker is depicted in Hell.

But thinking about One Piece again, Hody Jones comes to mind regarding characters I love to hate.

hqdefault.jpg

This guy so apeshit in his genocidal racism that he's fully prepared to murder a large proportion of Fishman Island citizens....just because they signed their queen's petition to migrate to the surface and live amongst humans.

There's also the fact that he murders the queen, Otohime, in cold blood just because she supported human-Fishman/Merfolk relations....then goes on to undermine all of her hard work by setting her box of collected petitions on fire and scapegoating an innocent human for both that and the killing, claiming he's the one that murdered her and seeding mistrust amongst Fishmen and Merfolk.

Shall I also add that he has absolutely no regard for even the people who side with him? Hatchan even comments on this and compares him to another racist Fishman Arlong (Whom Jones idolizes), that whilst Arlong was a bastard through and through, he considered his fellow fishmen brothers and was pissed off when Luffy used one as a meatshield against him. Jones exhibits no such sentiments and even uses a fellow Fishman as a meatshield himself.

One of the most shocking things about Hody Jones is the truth that there are racial supremacists in the real world just like him, both black and white. Such as the KKK and New Black Panther Party. There are racist scumbags who exhibit attitudes like him on the likes of Tumblr as well.

That's frightening.

Lord Galcian - Skies of Arcadia

1793192-galcian.png

What makes Galcian so loathesome is that he has absolutely no loyalty to anything except power. 

Not to his own nation. Which he happily annihilates. "Valua could use a little rain" indeed.That quote is totally innocuous out of context, utterly sinister in context. He mass murders innocents without any hint of remorse whatsoever, even laughing exhiliratedly after doing so.

Not to his empress, Teodora. He just exploits her own ambition to dominate the world to further his own agenda.

He had a huge hand in corrupting Ramirez and it's even insinuated that he did so in order to have him murder the former fleet admiral Mendoza so that he could rise to that position.

He threatens the entire world by demanding that the either kneel to him and allow him to dominate the entire world or face swift and utter ruination by using his new weapon to cause the moons of Arcadia to shoot meteroids at inhabited landmasses. He becomes near-untouchable by camping out behind an impassable forcefield.

He's also incredibly annoying to fight. The first potential boss fight is hopeless and impossible to win. The second has him spam Devolver (A counter move), Neglora (Removes your buffs), Eternes (Hope you have either Delta Shield or Aura of Denial) and Terminal (Which is extremely powerful).

Sure Galcian might be a cliche villain but he's still a complete badass for it and yet no less hateable. 

10 hours ago, Azoo said:

Blaze had the unfortunateness of appearing in Sonic 06 for no reason whatsoever, coming from the future and being good friends with Silver despite her entire backstory first given in Sonic Rush is nothing like that.

Blaze comes from an alternate dimension, where she's a princess that protects the Sol Emeralds. She's also a good character with a funky and neat design and she came from a good game.

However, 06  completely disregards this and makes a different story for her with no reason or rhyme written into it. Which makes lots of sense in hindsight, because 06 was a very terrible game with an even more terribly written story.

Now Blaze continued with her true backstory and etc the following year with Sonic Rush Adventure, and all was good. But you know what wasn't good?

Fans of Silver (and of 06 as well) just seemed to either accept 06 as canon or accept Rush and 06 both as canon (somehow), and then over time the majority of the fanbase kinda forgot Blaze wasn't Silver's sidekick... or worse... his lover..

And now Sega themselves egg it on for some bogglingly dumb reason, constantly having to pair the two characters side by side, make small references to each other's existence and the like. Why? Why couldn't Blaze's whole stupid thing in 06 just be forgotten and thrown away to bad writing, just like the writers themselves did in the 11th hour of the game's storyline?

Why has Blaze had to have been dragged down to poop with this guy? And it really doesn't help that artwork and content about Silvaze and/or Silver and Blaze interacting is EXTREMELY POPULAR. All I want is quality fan art of Blaze being Blaze with the other Sonic pals and all I get is garbage, garbageee, GARBAGEEEEEE!!!

I know opinions are opinions however I really don't get why Blaze sucking in Sonic 06 is Silver's fault. He didn't ruin the character, the game's terrible writing did. Damn, hate the character and blame the fans all you want but it's still the games code that made the characters incompetent. They saw that Blaze was popular and decided to shoehorn her in any chance they got without even thinking twice. 

I don't care if you hate the character but blaming Silver for that one just makes me cringe and most of the time it's for shipping reasons. -_-

• Thumbs Up 4

hqdefault.jpg

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Boom)

He's always been an "eh" case for me.... until Sonic Boom. I really liked him in Sonic Adventure 2 because he was someone who wanted to live up to his promise to Maria. He was just a little misguided until he remember what was really promised.... to protect the world she loved so much. When he "died", it was a honorable death as he died fighting for something he believed in. Shadow's character took a nosedive from there. He went from being someone who wanted to protect his world to a character who is dark for meme purposes. Between then. he kept getting blander and blander each game he appeared in. 

Sonic Boom came along and made me hate him even more. Not only is he a huge dick (though he was made to be one) but it seemed like he was only there because he's popular. He only shows up to add flavor to the series, spit a few jokes and leave. He's basically a walking talking "Ow the Edge" meme. I'm sorry but I can't stand his Boom incarnation at all. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I will probably mention more characters later but I start with a one I have hated so much since I was a little kid and still is my most hated character in any media: Gladstone Ganger from Donald Duck.

Of course there is some differences depending on the writer but with his usual portrayal is there anything good about this guy? I mean, he is complete narcist who clearly thinks he's better than others because of his luck and depends on it always without any doubts and is completely full of himself. And I just hate people like that in general, whether it's heritage, money, fame, position of power whatever. Especially when that person has not done anything to possible deserve those things which Gladstone clearly hasn't.

And most of the time he just seems to act as a bully to Donald (which is unforgivable in its own rights). I just say this: fuck bullies, both fictional and real. If you are a bully know that you're a terrible person in my book.

image.png

Terra is way too gullible for my liking. The guy is the source cause for almost all the shit that's find down in the franchise, and was such a idiotic tool, that couldn't see the writing on the wall even if it was written with Broadway flashing signs. Xehanort screams bad guy, all the suspicious activity revolves around him, and he looks crazy evil. On top of his backstory wirh Eraqus, he brings some shadey apprentice with him, and no one bats an eye at Xehanort? Aqua and Ven aren't excused from the stupidity either, but they aren't nearly as offensive, or obnoxious and as bland sounding.

• Thumbs Up 3

One of the few characters I have a truly seething hatred for is Grant Ward from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I know now he's a villain and all but I hated him well before then. There's something about this guy that makes me want to punch him. He's not a particularly interesting character and his smugness rubs me the wrong way. Again all this was before he was a villain and he didn't improve and I constantly worried they were going to pull some redemption BS with him. Now he's a Zombie so I doubt I have to worry too much anymore.

Also Will from power rangers Operation Overdrive. Outside of maybe Rose and Tyzon none of the Overdrive Rangers are great by any stretch but Will has this hateable smug douchey smirk that fills me with hatred every time I see him. Plus he was behind one of the dumbest moments in PR history "My Eyesight...it's Telescopular" "Telescopular? that's not a word." "Maybe not but that's what it is" ugh. Add all this to the fact his actor stole a banner that several cast members signed at Power Morphicon and were going to give to charity and you have one of the most hateable Ranger's and actors.