Awoo.

Fictional characters you hate/dislike?

Big Panda

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're next, Luthor. I'm coming. And I'm hungry. Ding ding ding ding ding.

Spoiler

But you just posted about a bad version of the Joker :U

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, since I created the polar opposite topic, I figure I should post in this one, now who to cover ….

Ok, I’m going to stop acting why this is some sort of surprise, it’s this guy:

Glowstick+man.jpg

Tinny The Tin Can or the man wishes he was called Doctor Doom, what can I say about this guy … no really, what can I say about him?

He’s barely in the movie and when he is, he has no personality beyond “rawr I’m evil”, no ego, no charisma, no being a surprising component leader of a country, no surprise sense of nobility, nothing, he’s a villain because the movie needs a villain, to make a long story short, this character is utterly boring.

And that’s not what should Doctor Doom ever be, but I’m not going to give this guy the pleasure of getting called Doctor Doom.

This guy is outright inexcusable, three whole movies with one of the main complaints (even from Stan Lee) is “the movie version of Doctor Doom sucks and he’s barely anything like he’s in the comics”, heck, this is one of the main complaints of the villains of the MCU are boring, yet this guy is even more boring, if you want to compete with the MCU, shouldn’t you try to make a interesting villain to contrast  MCU by using one that universally loved by comic fans?

As you can see, his design is hideous and he looks like a metal crash test dummy rather than a super villain, even the 2005 movie got the  design right.

And last but not least, why this movie’s villain is even is “Doctor Doom?”  The answer is that is simple, they could use a more obscure FF villain that fits whatever the hell they were trying to write here more or just make a new villain but the average movie goer only knows 2 Fantastic Four villains, Doctor Doom and Galactus and the later is “Too big” for the first movie, so despite this movie trying to get a reputation as a edgy risiktaker, they go the safe route by making the villain “the one everyone knows” to get tickets by name value, but yeah, that backfires when you piss them off.

This guy  shows everything that is wrong with this movie and if Fox tries to make another FF movie, they will have to deal this stain of a character guarding their every move.

• Thumbs Up 2

Have I not mentioned Julie-Su in this topic yet? Okay, now I have.

Seriously, out of all the characters I have a negative opinion on, she's the only one so far I feel had whittled herself down to being irredeemable. Penders had some potentially interesting backstory for her, but that was squandered in favour of just doing everything for Knuckles and being completely blase about shattering revelations related to her past. No, she ended up being little more than a girlfriend for Knuckles, forced there to avoid all the chemistry building most relationships would have to do in fact, and nothing else during her entire stint. Even Ian's run didn't really improve anything; she still basically revolved around him, whether it was Amy's training which Amy only did because of her relationship with Knuckles and the ending going back to that point, or her being there as a support all the time.

When Ian talked about the relationships of Knuckles and his plans for that (prior to the reboot, of course) in the Bumblekast, his answer of "I'd keep KnucklesXJulie-Su, but still have Rouge providing tension" miffed me. Not because I'm interested in seeing Knuckles and Rouge together (I couldn't care less who they end up with), but because I didn't want to deal with more of her being a useless add-on only there for the sake of romance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Given your usual preference, I'm surprised you didn't mention her reducing Vector's character to her punching bag for some 'girl power' righteousness, because you know, it was the nineties, and emasculating obnoxious men earned feminist cred (if I remember right, Rob O's wife once slugged Knuckles for trying to save her....so....yeah....). 

Seriously most of the Archie females SUCKED. They were either borderline Sue-ish or unbearably dull cookie cutter action girls or hypocritically reduced to satellite interests (and usually acted as a tumour to their interest because they always had to look more competent than them). I don't think even the current team have gotten past this disposition, look at them struggle to grasp onto any sort of basic transparent character flaws for characters such as Sally. Oh wow she can't cook. That's a defining quirk. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Literally the only thing I enjoy about Julie-Su is her design.

And even that was turned more generic by Penders.

latest?cb=20140804014135

4 minutes ago, Lime/Key/Jormungand/Spica said:

Can we type about characters we have read about or does it have to be ones we have seen in videos or read in books?

You mean, can you write about a character who you've never actually seen in any media but know of?

There's no reason why you can't, but personally (not speaking as a moderator, just giving advice), I really wouldn't recommend it. You don't really know a character until you've experienced him/her/them/it firsthand, even if you think you do. I used to think I would hate the Hulk, but after seeing him in a couple of movies, I've begun to love him. I can understand wanting to, but it seems a bit unfair.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right now, I'd have to say Kirameki from Shigofumi: Stories of Last Letter

latest?cb=20140227133137

Let's see... people get the wrong idea from reading his books (such as committing suicide), he burns fanmail for not being pretty, he's crazy and last, but certainly not least, he physically abused his own daughter to the point of her winding up with an exaggerated case of DID.

Also, Leader X from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman would also be a big one. He's... a jerk.

latest?cb=20160716120952

Not only does he manipulate his second-in-command into thinking he/she will rule the world (only to reveal he just wants to destroy the Earth). He also forces a sex change mutation on his own minion, before twins are even born, leading the result to live a stressful school life before becoming a terrorist in the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I'd have to say Ash Mongoose from the comics. The guy is a total jerkass and his attitude is just unpleasant.. He thinks he can talk down to Sonic, who could like crush him in an instant. 

ash jerk.png

• 1 month later...

As someone who tries to remain intensely optimistic about a cast of characters, it's pretty rare for me to genuinely dislike a character... but if I were to pick one it probably would have to be Peggy Hill from King of the Hill. She's painfully insufferable to listen to.

• 11 months later...

Let me revive this for a second. I love Dragon Ball. Its the series that I grew up and even to this I still appreciate it. I even like Super of all things. 

eb3766e68d0c88e2cdc4b9af04bca9801494071143_full.thumb.jpg.b24c0965ee6d0d867b9ef75db5b17619.jpg

Now I don't want to be called a sexist but I hate her so much. She really ruins the specialty of the Super Saiyan. Its all about attaining the rage inside you and transforming that into power.

Goku rage over losing Krilllin

Gohan rage over the fear of losing everybody

Vegeta rage over not being able to surpass Kakarot

Trunks rage over losing Gohan

Hell even Cabba in this series rages over the fact Vegeta threatened to destroy his planet

How does obtain Super Saiyan? A tingle in her back, Are you fucking kidding me? Thats Mary Sue levels of bullshit. It gets worse from here. Remember back in the Android Arc where Gohan had to see his friends and dad being beaten to near death by the Cell Jrs all so Cell can bring out his hidden power. Then seeing Android 16 tell him to bring out his power for the sake of the earth right before Cell crushes his head. Gohan let out a screaming rage just to transform into a SSJ2. 

giphy.gif.81aa5452e1c5b4aa5bc9889795aeb225.gif

It was a well earned and well developed scene. Caulifla learns in a minute. I mean come on man. I can't stand her character at all. She comes off so annoying. Stuff that characters had to strive and train for all their life she easily masters this. There is no depth and there is no development to her character, she is just walking Mary Sue.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 19 November 2017 at 5:22 AM, Ultimate Victory 64 said:

Let me revive this for a second. I love Dragon Ball. Its the series that I grew up and even to this I still appreciate it. I even like Super of all things. 

eb3766e68d0c88e2cdc4b9af04bca9801494071143_full.thumb.jpg.b24c0965ee6d0d867b9ef75db5b17619.jpg

Now I don't want to be called a sexist but I hate her so much. She really ruins the specialty of the Super Saiyan. Its all about attaining the rage inside you and transforming that into power.

Goku rage over losing Krilllin

Gohan rage over the fear of losing everybody

Vegeta rage over not being able to surpass Kakarot

Trunks rage over losing Gohan

Hell even Cabba in this series rages over the fact Vegeta threatened to destroy his planet

How does obtain Super Saiyan? A tingle in her back, Are you fucking kidding me? Thats Mary Sue levels of bullshit. It gets worse from here. Remember back in the Android Arc where Gohan had to see his friends and dad being beaten to near death by the Cell Jrs all so Cell can bring out his hidden power. Then seeing Android 16 tell him to bring out his power for the sake of the earth right before Cell crushes his head. Gohan let out a screaming rage just to transform into a SSJ2. 

giphy.gif.81aa5452e1c5b4aa5bc9889795aeb225.gif

It was a well earned and well developed scene. Caulifla learns in a minute. I mean come on man. I can't stand her character at all. She comes off so annoying. Stuff that characters had to strive and train for all their life she easily masters this. There is no depth and there is no development to her character, she is just walking Mary Sue.

Reminds me of Lara Su inexplicably having Shadow's Chaos Control and making Enerjak WORK. I mean I don't loathe Lara Su, but that is laughable glorification.

It'd be nice to have more females that are given powers and competence in a developed way that doesn't seem to just directly upstage the male characters' abilities. A recurring failure in making the female character sympathetic is that writers are unwilling to make them labor or suffer for anything, because 'making the girl suffer is too mean'. Hence so many are on the ridiculous winning end all the time, always winning against the male characters and getting what they labor for without much effort at all. A character has to suffer to be rootable, it doesn't mean we're sadists.

• Thumbs Up 2