Awoo.

I'm building the complete Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64, inside and out, in Minecraft

OrphieBaby

So since Summer of 2015, I've been working on creating a complete and super-accurate Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64 in Minecraft. I'm now done with the inside and most of the outside. In fact, I'm about 95% done with the whole build. I've been streaming it on my Twitch channel every day I've been working on it. Currently I've been building a new PC, which will be done Fall of 2016; so I won't be finishing up until that's done. This PC isn't up to the task of streaming anymore.

I've attached screenshots, but here's also my YouTube slideshow:

The home page for this build is my new Nintendo chat and message board at http://nintendosocial.com. After I'm done with this castle, I will provide it for download as a seamless schematic import package as well as a world download, with the castle set seamlessly into a normal 1.9 standard world. And after that? I create the entire world of Zelda: Link's Awakening, fully playable in Adventure Mode and very accurate. I wanted to make a Pokémon world, but there are challenges due to holes in the maps. Plus, other people have done a better job with functionality than I think I ever could. I do want to create other game worlds though, if I can find the right ones and the right ways to do them...

I signed up at Sonic Stadium in hopes I could find ways to promote my new Nintendo message board, Nintendo Social. I was looking for affiliation opportunities or to do mutual content-sharing or whatever, but I don't know if Sonic Stadium is the right place for it. That's okay. I hope you guys will enjoy my work!

peachs-castle-minecraft-004-outside.jpg

peachs-castle-minecraft-011-grand-hall.jpg

peachs-castle-minecraft-039-basement-hub.jpg

peachs-castle-minecraft-100-tick-tock-clock.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

That looks really good!

I remember trying to build stuff like that myself when I used to play. I lost the files to it ages ago when my laptop broke though.

7 minutes ago, JmTsHaW said:

That looks really good!

I remember trying to build stuff like that myself when I used to play. I lost the files to it ages ago when my laptop broke though.

Awww! What did you try to build?

Eh, I tried making things like Kokiri Forest from Ocarina of Time for instance.

Didn't really get too far through, considering the amount of regular terrain that was in the way. It's nice to see someone actually get on with their project though.

1 minute ago, ebongrey23 said:

Really enjoyed the video. So much memories popping up in my head. Very good work Solemn. :3

Oh my gosh, thanks! :D

I did something like that myself, years ago. Back when the 360 edition finally got Creative Mode, first thing I did was build Level 1 from Episode 1 of DOOM!

205524_443532929037110_1391659800_n.jpg?

486307_443532162370520_815810824_n.jpg?o

61604_442158822507854_1154303291_n.jpg?o

It wasn't 100% accurate, especially as there were no texture packs on the 360 at that point D:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

I did something like that myself, years ago. Back when the 360 edition finally got Creative Mode, first thing I did was build Level 1 from Episode 1 of DOOM!

It wasn't 100% accurate, especially as there were no texture packs on the 360 at that point D:

I have a friend who began to do this same build. His also wasn't very accurate. Still, this is very cool. Have you considered trying again, but on PC? Heck, I'd help if my hands are free at the time!

1 hour ago, Solemn said:

I have a friend who began to do this same build. His also wasn't very accurate. Still, this is very cool. Have you considered trying again, but on PC? Heck, I'd help if my hands are free at the time!

Ah, no :P I've not played Minecraft in sooooo long. Moved on since! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I really liked the video and the screenshots, you made a very accurate and good job! There are surely many-many hours behind this masterpiece, and that's very remarkable. You also managed to make me want to play Super Mario 64 again...  ;) I hope your message board will be a great community, too.

And you said you want to create other game worlds, then I would suggest Sonic! It has many amazing levels, especially in Sonic Adventure, where there are big, open-world maps. To mention some, there is Station Square or Mystic Ruins (if you don't know Sonic Adventure very well). You could try to build some of them, too.

Good luck with your buildings, and I'm not against seeing more builds from you, Solemn! ;)