Awoo.

Would you like to see Silver in Sonic Boom?

Psychic_Paladin

So i heard that the sonic boom cartoon is somewhat well received and they'd just introduce Shadow. part of me is hoping that they'll add silver some time down the line. i mean he hasn't been in any cartoon series so far (well.. most of the cartoons were over before he was created.) it would be great if he would appear in the show. he has been showing up more often these days (recent sonic games, and stories arcs about him in the comics,) i feel he been getting more love nowadays then back in 2006, what do you think/ does silver have a chance? 

As a fan of Silver, I'm going to have to say nah. They pretty much ruined Shadow for me as he became a walking talking "Ow the Edge". Lord knows what they are going to do to Silver. I rather that he not be a victim of the meme-morph and spout out "it's not use" every chance he gets. 

• Thumbs Up 2

" A general rule of thumb for you guys: we don't ever use characters from non-Sonic Boom versions of Sonic (no Archie Comics characters, no characters from the other TV series, no characters from the other games).  So if you see a character that looks like another character, it's just a coincidence.  " -Bill Freiberger

Source: 

(Check the comments)

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't even like seeing Silver in the main series. And I don't see any particular reason for them to import Silver of all characters; he doesn't have any kind of meaningful relationships with any of Boom's main characters (or their main series equivalents...you know what I mean) and his whole "go to the past to save the future" thing doesn't work too well in a low-stakes comedy like Boom.

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I hate Boom Shadow, he at least has the excuse of being popular to be in Boom despite popularity alone not being a good reason to include him in the first place. You cannot say the same for Silver. At all.

And since they made Boom Shadow almost identical (keyword, ALMOST) to his main series counterpart, I honestly expect they'll lazily make little to no changes for Silver in terms of personality and (lack of) backstory to ever justify why he exists in Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I could kind of see Silver in Boom, though he'd be way different in my head. He wouldn't be as serious as Shadow. I mean, they could do a bit where he comes from next week and tells the crew something BAD happens in the near future. And then there's a ton of build up and it's like, Sonic forgot to record his favorite TV show or something.

I've only seen one episode and some clips of Sonic Boom, so this is how I see the show being written. 

• Thumbs Up 5

There's literally no reason to add Silver in Boom and as Forte pointed out, Freiberger has no plans to add pre-existing characters.

Spoiler

why are these topics still a thing?

• Thumbs Up 5

I honestly would not like to see that, epecially because I just can't see him to have any more reason to be there than what Shadow has in the Boom. Beside, I just don't want to see some future plot in the Boom.

_sonic_boom__false_rumor__big__silver_by 

Picture by miitoons on Devianart.

In all seriousness, its very unlikely. As stated before, the other characters from the games won't be in Sonic Boom which is while a shame I don't think I ever found them likely to begin with.

That said, it would be cool to see other characters have their own Boom incarnations.

I'm indifferent to the idea of Silver appearing in an episode of Sonic Boom. I like him, but there are several other characters I would definitely pick over him given the choice, part of the reason being that, well, he's from the future, and a lot his personality came from growing up in the future. You either get Silver for one episode, or you separate Silver from his backstory, and I don't think that'd really work. I feel you can separate Knuckles from being a Guardian, since he's got a lovable personality, and you can separate Shadow from the ARK, since he's Sonic's rival and his opposite, but (especially since he hasn't been in as many games as the other two to flesh out his personality) what do you have with Silver if you remove his "from a dark future" backstory? 

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, as has already been stated, Shadow and Metal Sonic, for whatever reason, are the only pre-existing characters allowed to appear in Sonic Boom besides the Core Four (Edit: and Eggman, Orbot and Cubot, derp), which I do feel is a major missed opportunity. SEGA's barely using the characters in the games, so what's the problem with allowing them to appear in the only Sonic cartoon currently running? It's an especially big shame since some of the characters, like the Chaotix, would really lend themselves well to Sonic Boom's comedic style, better than Shadow or Silver, in fact.

• Thumbs Up 6

I really do not want have a character I respect turn into a meme. I really like the character and for him to be turned into a literal joke for the sake of laughs is not something I'm comfortable with.

He'd probably need to show up in one of the Boom games before showing up in the show. And in both cases, I'd rather not. He's already pointless in the main games as is lol.

2 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

There's literally no reason to add Silver in Boom and as Forte pointed out, Freiberger has no plans to add pre-existing characters.

Reveal hidden contents

why are these topics still a thing?

Due to fan demand, he might cave in and shove existing characters into the show.

4 hours ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

Due to fan demand, he might cave in and shove existing characters into the show.

Well too bad Freiberger added the more popular characters in the show already. The rest of the cast aren't as popular. 

• Thumbs Up 3

And really, do we need any more mainstream characters? We've got the main four heroes, the two rivals, the villain, and the comic relief henchbots. And three Badniks, if you count them.

I'd much rather Boom make more unique characters to make it stand out on its own rather than trying to mimic the main series. Not to mention no other characters would really fit into a slice-of-life comedy and contribute something the established cast couldn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, I'd love to see him, literally anyone who hasn't showed up in awhile deserve's screentime

I mean they could even make a its no use joke or something

I'd rather see him in the main series... Yeah, that's not happening is it?

As for a potential BOOM appearance, it's not like it would be that hard to do. Hell, I can think of more animated comedy shows that have done some kind of time travel plot than I can those that haven't (Off the top of my head I know that Spongebob, Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, Penguins of Madagascar, and Phineas and Ferb have all done at least one). Here's how you'd do it:

Eggman builds a time machine, because who gives a fuck? Knuckles does something stupid that causes it to malfunction, because of course he does. Silver appears from the machine, because why not? Silver wants to find a way home, which annoy's the heroes, because they don't want to do anything. The heroes get fed up with him and work with Eggman to repair the machine while Silver constantly proclaims that "It's no use!", because that's apparently his entire character. The episode ends with the heroes and Eggman finishing the machine and chucking Silver back into his own time while he's still proclaiming "It's no use!", because hey, I can write this shit too.

• Thumbs Up 4

Y'know he might have just been talking about season 1 not the whole series.

Anyway I'd be okay with it I like Silver but personally I'd rather see Rouge show up first. I think the could mine a lot of great material from her. Plus I'm a horribly unashamed fanboy. :P

13 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

Well too bad Freiberger added the more popular characters in the show already. The rest of the cast aren't as popular. 

They are popular as a group, however. And I agree that they could easily use the Bowbois plot.

I'm interested in seeing more  game characters make a transition to Boom, but I think Silver would be near the bottom of my list ( Team Chaotix and Big would be on the top.)

You can't have Silver without time travel hi-jinks, and I've never really been fond of Time Travel in comedy shows. ( then again there was also a time when I thought you couldn't have Knuckles without Angel Island hi-jinks so who knows )

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

I mean they could even make a its no use joke or something

this is exactly what I don't want. 

There's probably a ton of stupid ways Boom could play with the whole time travel gimmick.

Silver:*Teleports at Meh Burger next to Sonic, extends his arm* Sonic! Whatever you do, don't eat that hamburger!

*Everyone stares at Silver"

Sonic: Uhhhh...Why?

Silver: Because it's got pickles! AND IF YOU EAT THOSE PICKLES, THE FUTURE WILL BE OVER RUN BY AN ANCIENT FIRE DEMON!

*Sonic lifts up his burger revealing the pickles. Everyone gasps*

Tails: It's true!

Amy: Not the pickles!

Knuckles: Why here? Why now? *shaking Tails* Somebody do something!

Sticks: See?! I told you the fast food industry is a conspiracy againist the economy but you all called me crazy! *triumphantly* Who's crazy now?

Sonic: It's the last time we'll ever doubt you Sticks. *runs up to the counter* I demand a refund!

Dave: We don't do refunds.

Sonic: Bring me your manager.

Dave: He's out getting a refund on this hamburger he bought--

Sonic: *grabs Dave, pulls him to his face* If I don't get a refund, I'll keep on asking for ketchup everytime I come back here.

Dave: *gasps* But I'm too lazy to put the customer's individual needs before my own! *gives Sonic his money back*

Sonic: *runs back to table* Disaster averted. Pickles are soooo not my thing.

Silver: But the future--

Sonic: Yeah yeah, who wants to eat cucumber sandwhiches at Amy's?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Boom show has so little exploration, lore, continuity, and ties to the main universe that there's no real reason why any pre-existing character couldn't show up and be fine. Really, Shadow's problem in Boom is less that it ignores his ties to the ARK (no one pissed and complained that Knuckles was there despite his Sega ties to Angel Island), so much as it is that he's been given a grudge against Sonic without explanation. Just write a good character and boom (pun not intended)- Silver can show up just fine.

• Thumbs Up 2