Awoo.

F1 World Championship Grand Prix - bringing sexy back to the track

Rey Skywalker-Ren

2 minutes ago, Falonso14 said:

Trust me, I've kept that in mind. I have a feeling Mercedes in particular wasn't going at full power.

They always do that.  They just focus on making sure the car can do some good mileage, since they know they've got (that we know of so far) the best engine on offer.  Having said that, I'm now hoping Ferrari wasn't going at full pelt as well.  Otherwise, we might be in for a third year of disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RipeFIN said:

Hopefully Ferraris time means something. Other than that these first tests don't really tell anything. Especially with Renault I really can't believe that they would be this bad because they have the information of what Lotus had.

By the way, what do think about the cars that were show today. Most of they are pretty similar to the last years cars. Manor is definitely better looking than last year and Force India is again my favourite in the terms of design.

Well, I'm not sure about the Toro Rosso, since they didn't reveal their livery. But the Manor looks nice, and the Force India is pretty cool looking again.

And in terms of design, Ferrari is easily my favorite this year.

4 minutes ago, BenderBR said:

The current Barcelona test is running from 22nd February to 25th. The next one will be at the Paul Ricard circuit (25th to 26th Feb) and the final test - when we'll start to get a true picture as to the teams which have made the best progress - will be at Barcelona from 1 March to 4 March 2016.

The Paul Ricard test was in January, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Falonso14 said:

My mistake.

The fact that McLaren have already done over 80 laps in that one test so far probably already matches/beats the number of laps they completed throughout the whole of last seasons pre-season testing (due to all the issues they had). If Honda have got to grips with the engine then I can see McLaren maybe starting as the fourth quickest car behind Mercedes, Ferrari and Williams.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BenderBR said:

My mistake.

The fact that McLaren have already done over 80 laps in that one test so far probably already matches/beats the number of laps they completed throughout the whole of last seasons pre-season testing (due to all the issues they had). If Honda have got to grips with the engine then I can see McLaren maybe starting as the fourth quickest car behind Mercedes, Ferrari and Williams.

The literally ran 6 laps on day 1 last year, so this is already a massive improvement.

So, I just hears that watching F1 just became much more expensive here.

Previously MTV, a channel who holds the rights to the series in Finland, offered and option to buy whole season with 100€. Now you have to buy a larger package with different programs in it (which many people don't care about). Now watching the whole season costs 225€. And the excuse for that, surprisingly, is a total fucking bullshit. "Price is reasonable for everything you get" and "This is a pure business decision, we don't sell any sports on their own". In other words: "Fuck you give me money"

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I'm starting to get into F1 more and more. I just need to be more intelligent in this but I am sure I will get it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, Falonso14 said:

Difficult to gauge how Sauber could do this season. They've never had a big budget so mid-table would probably be most likely.

Edit: Oh and the livery; blue and a bit of yellow in the middle screams Sonic the Hedgehog :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BenderBR said:

Difficult to gauge how Sauber could do this season. They've never had a big budget so mid-table would probably be most likely.

I would guess they would be in more or less the same spot as last year.

So the new qualification system is coming. It can make them more interesting or turn them into a total clusterfuck. Probably both.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RipeFIN said:

So the new qualification system is coming. It can make them more interesting or turn them into a total clusterfuck. Probably both.

Don't understand why they're changing it though, since qualifying's structure isn't (surprisingly) one of the 423,985 things wrong with F1 at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, RipeFIN said:

source?

Gosh I loved to watch F1 back in the day! Last full championship I watched was I think back in 2013? 14? it was where Hamilton won and became the youngest to win or something.

I need to catch up with it all and hopefully I can tune in to this years championship from start to finish.

38 minutes ago, MechTech said:

Gosh I loved to watch F1 back in the day! Last full championship I watched was I think back in 2013? 14? it was where Hamilton won and became the youngest to win or something.

I need to catch up with it all and hopefully I can tune in to this years championship from start to finish.

he's my favorite! i really hope he wins this year :)

So the season starts this week. Ti's pretty hard to say that what is the gap between Mercedes and Ferrari. But it is clear that those two are the best teams. I think that the rankings of teams is something like this: 1-2: Mercedes, Ferrari 3-4: Red Bull, Williams (I kinda believe that Red Bull beats Williams) 5-6: Force India, Toro Rosso 7-9: McLaren (is better this season but not that great still), Renault (first season, has problems at least in the beginning), Sauber 10:  Haas (first season, had problems in the tests) 11: Manor (car is better and maybe more reliable than Haas' but still not good enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be surprised if Red Bull are ahead of Williams, as Williams have the more powerful Mercedes engine and Red Bull are stuck with the down on power inferior Renault engine.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BenderBR said:

I'd be surprised if Red Bull are ahead of Williams, as Williams have the more powerful Mercedes engine and Red Bull are stuck with the down on power inferior Renault engine.

That's why they'll have to rely on their chassis.  RB's probably got the best one of the lot out there.  Not to mention, they've still got Adrian Newey on their side.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, there's a reason Ferrari wouldn't sell them engines, they know there's a good chance Red Bull would beat them.  

Nice to see the old yellow back in action.  Been wanting to see some flash of bright colour in F1 for a while now.

Hehe, that classic style livery reminds me of this old video:

And Alt+F1 has their second episode out, and they're on iTunes now as well, it's a pretty good primer for the first race, coming up this weekend in Australia, and they also cover some of the goings on in formula e.