Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary Panel "Livestream link in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Azoo said:

As I mentioned in the 25th anniversary topic, isn't 3/21 one of the days we're expecting something?

That's only two days away from this. Make of that what you will..

Cross post for victory!

I have a theory... 

I think that because Naka has been brought on board, he's not just there for this one panel, it's not even an hour long, I think that there will be some other events going on that week, which would make sense for all the talent that they have to be not only in the same country but also the same city. 

You know like how when they announced Boom everybody went to New York a day or two before hand. 

I think this is what's happening with this. 

It's the fact that both Naka and iizuka are there, for a non Sonic convention, I can't believe that they're bringing them all together in one spot for a 45min panel... which has not yet been advertised by Sega.

• Thumbs Up 4

Really getting interested in this now. Hmm, I'll definitely see if I go, nothing really Sonic related happens where I live so I'll take this chance. The convention center is like a 15 minute drive from where I live so I won't find too much problem to make time for it.

It costs an unholy amount to go to the convention. I'd just like everyone to know that (believe me; I checked cuz I was wanting to go lol).

So I imagine the most we'll know is press stuff and other things of that caliber.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty excited to see what happens at this panel.  The circumstances already mentioned by Hogfather make it seem unlikely that there won't be something big or at least news worthy.

7 minutes ago, Azoo said:

It costs an unholy amount to go to the convention. I'd just like everyone to know that (believe me; I checked cuz I was wanting to go lol).

So I imagine the most we'll know is press stuff and other things of that caliber.

Jesus Christ! Those ticket prices!

Although it mentions on the actual page that there's a 'guest pass' surely that's cheap? If anyone can find it?

6 minutes ago, Azoo said:

It says at the bottom that guest passes are welcomed to enter the show.

Again, I live in Austin so there's a high chance I'll go.

1 minute ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Jesus Christ! Those ticket prices!

Although it mentions on the actual page that there's a 'guest pass' surely that's cheap? If anyone can find it?

Guest passes are free.

10 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Here we go! Free Entry! 

http://guestpass.sxsw.com/

Welp you beet me to it lol.

Who else here is going?

Oh yeah, I should probably mention:

It gets super crowded here at this event so anyone else thinking of coming better be ready to have a hard time finding a parking space, maybe book a hotel soon too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've said it on the report on the front page of the site, but I'll repeat it here.

Mr. naka returning is great, especially since last time he was involved with events was when Generations was coming out, but it's also concerning since Mr. Naka only returns to events during a highlight/peak point of the franchise.

Does this mean we're in for another Generations kind of success, followed by more Lost World/BOOM games? Or does this mean Sonic will peak, and stay on said peak?

Well, I'm hyped! Lots of awesome guests are attending!

Can't wait to see what we get from it!

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Does this mean we're in for another Generations kind of success, followed by more Lost World/BOOM games? Or does this mean Sonic will peak, and stay on said peak?

They have been promising quality over quantity lately, and so far we have seen less quantity with the delay of Fire and Ice. So all we can do is pray that they get the quality down, and maintain it as well. Sonic Team can produce a great product if they have the time to do so.

But alas, this be a topic for another board.

• Thumbs Up 8

18 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

They have been promising quality over quantity lately, and so far we have seen less quantity with the delay of Fire and Ice. So all we can do is pray that they get the quality down, and maintain it as well. Sonic Team can produce a great product if they have the time to do so.

But alas, this be a topic for another board.

Time and creative freedom, two things fiercely restricted by SEGA more and more as of late.

Hopefully now their thoughts on the best Sonic will stay out of Sonic Team itself and they'll allow Mr. Iizuka and those under him to do their jobs properly without butting in.

They have BOOM to mess up now, let them keep that while we get the real deal from Sonic Team again.

"more and more as of late"

your as of late being the year where they specifically stopped rushing games, I assume

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

your as of late being the year where they specifically stopped rushing games, I assume

A little quick to say that. One delay of a spin-off title does not mean praiseworthy, rather a cause for cautious, VERY cautious optimism.

I am gonna try not to get super duper excited over this, because having crazy expectations can only lead to disappointment, but Naka being there makes me incredibly happy haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

To be fair, aside from Generations, what Sonic Team game has been rushed in the past 8 years?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

To be fair, aside from Generations, what Sonic Team game has been rushed in the past 8 years?

Or rather, what Sonic Team game hasn't been screwed up by SEGA's "Nintendo worship" meddling in the past 8 years?

1 minute ago, Mikgenes said:

Is it just a normal Sonic fan convention?

No... Least I don't think so. I think it's some kind of general gathering, kind of like E3...? And the Sonic franchise just so happens to be featured there this year.

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Or rather, what Sonic Team game hasn't been screwed up by SEGA's "Nintendo worship" meddling in the past 8 years?

Unleashed. Generations. Colors. Black Knight. Really Lost World is an exception.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, shdowhunt60 said:

Unleashed. Generations. Colors. Black Knight. Really Lost World is an exception.

I consider exclusivity in general a bad thing for the Sonic franchise nowadays, if not for SEGA more-so for the consumers as they've been, in all sense of the word, abandoned for the most part, save for Generations and Lost World (recently on PC) so yeah... Its been a bad ride for most.

Great games, poor decisions induced by SEGA, not Sonic Team.