Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary Panel "Livestream link in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, Baraksha said:

I wish I didn't lived in israel right now

Truuuuust me pal, you don't wanna live in the USA...

As tempting as it is to go, I'm saving all my spare change for Sonic Boom 2016, wherever the heck that is.

I am quite intrigued to see what comes out of this regardless!

Even if it makes me worry that they'll use this trip to scout out the Boom 2016 venue... I was hoping it would go back to SoCal for this year.

This is very cool. Naoto Oshima should be there as well :)

Although it might not be realistic, I see Naka and Sonic kind of as a band like The Beatles: together they were big, but separately not that much. I saw Naka's recent games with Probe and... well... simple small games.

I expected Naka to be a little more ambitious. I don't know... I understand he got tired of Sonic, but there are more platformers apart from Sonic. He also created Nights, so he's capable of creating new franchises. Well, I guess Probe business model works for him, but it's a shame.

Yuji could have been Sega's Miyamoto if he was treated with the same care and respect. And who knows what would have happened to Sonic if still handled by Naka. Sonic 4 wouldn't have seen the light of day, at least XD

• Thumbs Up 1

This sounds really interesting! I hope someone will be able to go there from SSMB and report back for us. And Iizuka will be there, too... I hope we'll hear some really good news about the future of Sonic! :)

Oh, and it will be held on the day I registered on SSMB last year! :P

5 hours ago, molul said:

This is very cool. Naoto Oshima should be there as well :)

Although it might not be realistic, I see Naka and Sonic kind of as a band like The Beatles: together they were big, but separately not that much. I saw Naka's recent games with Probe and... well... simple small games.

I expected Naka to be a little more ambitious. I don't know... I understand he got tired of Sonic, but there are more platformers apart from Sonic. He also created Nights, so he's capable of creating new franchises. Well, I guess Probe business model works for him, but it's a shame.

Yuji could have been Sega's Miyamoto if he was treated with the same care and respect. And who knows what would have happened to Sonic if still handled by Naka. Sonic 4 wouldn't have seen the light of day, at least XD

It would have. It would of just been, well, better.

Yuji Naka's an amazing programmer, but if anyone's SEGA's Miyamoto then it's Yu Suzuki. The man innovated so many genres and so much technology, it's crazy. 

• Thumbs Up 9

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Yuji Naka's an amazing programmer, but if anyone's SEGA's Miyamoto then it's Yu Suzuki. The man innovated so many genres and so much technology, it's crazy. 

Who? I'm just familiar with Sonic related folks.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Who? I'm just familiar with Sonic related folks.

Creator of SEGA's staggering arcade history such as Space Harrier, OutRun, AfterBurner, Virtua Fighter, and of course, Shenmue. 

• Thumbs Up 9

That's actually something that I never stopped to consider. Yu Suzuki really was SEGA's Miyamoto. Even the rather pervasive nature of SEGA's arcade and "hip and trendy" attitude is pretty attributable to Mr. Suzuki.

30 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That's actually something that I never stopped to consider. Yu Suzuki really was SEGA's Miyamoto. Even the rather pervasive nature of SEGA's arcade and "hip and trendy" attitude is pretty attributable to Mr. Suzuki.

SEGA...? Pervasive...?

Boy take me back to the 90's cause only time I seen that was Bayonetta in recent years.

(Didn't they have sexual ads back then too...?)

20 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Pervasive doesn't mean sexual; it means widespread.

...Ah. I'll go find me a corner now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like we are getting a live stream

Sega will host a panel at this year's SXSW Interactive event dedicated to Sonic the Hedgehog's 25th birthday, the company announced in a press release. The retrospective will take place on Saturday, March 19 at 3:30 p.m. CT, and will be free and open to the public. Twitch will also host a livestream of the event for those unable to make it to Austin, Texas in time.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm glad we're getting a living stream. Interested in seeing everything that'll be said at the panel, especially with Yuji Naka there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, been debating whether it was worth it for a while, but I've decided there'll be a Motobug stream for the panel anyways, actual game announcement or no. Should have a few fun Sonic tidbits in there for us, at least.

http://taima.tv/r/Motobug

Might even stream the whole thing if the schedule for the whole gaming panel is interesting enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

According to Mike Pollock, he said that the panel will be more fun than humans are allowed to have. Can't help but feel a little hyped.

• Thumbs Up 3