Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary Panel "Livestream link in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Loved the stream. But I'm just disappointed with the fact that we have to wait four months (If I'm correct...)

Hey there. So, some of you may have noticed that there were a bunch of Webdings characters on the top of the screen during the Big the Cat cameo screenshot from Sonic Adventure 2's intro. Well, I translated them.

Cd8LarEWIAAqaEe.thumb.jpg.6419da3bfc1ce1

They become "May the best dance in the Juno bridal" which is... A reference to this. It's a line from Luv(sic) Part 4.

I have no idea why they're referencing this but I figured people wanted to know.

may.thumb.png.2c0612f9aacd7193f2851f308c

Wait, what's the line above it?

"March to the drum, play a fool like April"

Ahhhhhh.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Matriculated said:

I'm hoping that Webber is referring to the game being playable at the 25th anniversary event rather than having it be announced there.

It would be ridiculous for them to wait that long. We'd be more than halfway through the year (past Sonic's actual anniversary) without any real announcement for anything that's meant to be happening this year.

To be fair, it's become more and more trendy to announce games closer to release, and this is just over a month after E3 which is when most companies announce their fall line-up.

I found the stream a nice little thing of 45 minutes. Aaron got the charm to conduct things like this, and the little retrospective for certain games weren't too bad. I did mark out for the Segata Sanshiro mention, which became my own personal highlight of the stream. I guess to the time they couldn't do every main series or other handheld game, which can be my only real gripe with the panel. The brushing off of Sonic 2006 was gold though. We finally got a date locked for Fire and Ice and another U.S. Sonic event is happening, so yeah.

I'm just so lax w/ the Sonic series that whatever happens happens this year. If we're getting a new game then cool bring it. If not well...ok sure. 

..It's how others will have to deal with there even being a game reveal from now up til July 22nd. There so much 'teasing' you can do before interest burns out and backfires I feel.

• Thumbs Up 4

Was that in the game's original release, the weird font? I remember them using Wingdings for some of the terminals in SA2.

2 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Ahhhhhh.

Yes, but that entire verse is about the months and they specified May and June. While it could just be another April Fools gag, they could also say "Hey, look forward to May/June" I suppose?

I don't see them waiting until July to actually announce the game. I think it'll be announced before June 23rd.

On a side note, maybe they could put a teaser in Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 if you complete it similar to what P.T. did for Silent Hills.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Andrea Ritsu said:

Yes, but that entire verse is about the months and they specified May and June. While it could just be another April Fools gag, they could also say "Hey, look forward to May/June" I suppose?

I'm not sure about that. Considering that this was during the Big segment, and the March/April line is in the same rhyming couplet, I think that was done to make it less obvious when decoded. 

1 minute ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I'm not sure about that. Considering that this was during the Big segment, and the March/April line is in the same rhyming couplet, I think that was done to make it less obvious when decoded. 

Possible, but then again, the previous april date was technically part of decoding the event announced just now.

I don't think we'll necessarily get an announcement in July. That was only an event that was mentioned, not an actual announcement date. I still personally think we will get something in April. They wouldn't want us to wait this long before announcing the game, would they?

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

7-22-2016 is written in Comic Sans. Archie to get their shit together confirmed?

That or a Sonic Adventure 2 remake. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That or a Sonic Adventure 2 remake. :P

Or more UndertalexSonic hijinx!

Disregard chao garden, acquire barrel: https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/711294135769010177

Kind of underwhelming, but to be expected given how people have inflated their hype in past events and announcements. Just wish they had more to say, like Roger; and CD was conspicuously skipped whereas they brought up games like R and X-Treme. Guess they couldn't do much with the time they had compared to full on Sonic events like Boom or Summer Of Sonic. Though you have to admit, it's really hard to be totally let down with Aaron. He does have the charm to pull things off like the Rivals and Chaotix bait and switch to get people to smile and laugh. And on another note:

35 minutes ago, Andrea Ritsu said:
33 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Ahhhhhh.

Hey there. So, some of you may have noticed that there were a bunch of Webdings characters on the top of the screen during the Big the Cat cameo screenshot from Sonic Adventure 2's intro. Well, I translated them.

Cd8LarEWIAAqaEe.thumb.jpg.6419da3bfc1ce1

They become "May the best dance in the Juno bridal" which is... A reference to this. It's a line from Luv(sic) Part 4.

I have no idea why they're referencing this but I figured people wanted to know.

may.thumb.png.2c0612f9aacd7193f2851f308c

They know how to play our heartstrings like a fiddle. If there's anything else I really appreciate, it's them trying to pull off a good ruse cruise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed that the way that Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 teaser is built up ... is quite similar to this one:

Probably means nothing, but I thought it's worth sharing.

Oh, and:

• Thumbs Up 3

Off topic, but they're showing off of a fun looking Doom clone right now called STRAFE. Looks like a bag of fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, "something new" didn't happen... Sonic Boom 2 is not new, the game exists and we already know it. San Diego... well this means SXSW panel was the "announcement of the announcement"?

The only new thing I learnt today is that Iizuka punched Sonic in Sonic 3, lol XD Oh, and Naka's ravioli fact was hilarious.

Back for waiting session hundreds time. Watch Aaron says on 22th July that you should wait again. :D

They said there would be a "special reveal"

The event was revealed.

Pretty much what they said it would be.

So, thanks to @The Deleter for giving me a much clearer screen grab, when I was too cranky to find it myself, I finally figured out that it was "Marchtothedrum".

March to the Drum is obviously another reference, but one that honestly doesn't strike me as very specific. Maybe it's another Madeon related thing? I can't really think.

It's half a line in the same poem as "May the dance in a Juno Bridal"

The other half of the line is the April Fools reference. 

9 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

It's half a line in the same poem as "May the dance in a Juno Bridal"

The other half of the line is the April Fools reference. 

But why single out March though? Whatever, it's not like anything significant could happen this month.

Kind of a dissapointing stream. I mean, the only two things I can recall that were interesting was that Iizuka animated the scene where Knuckles punched the chaos emeralds out of Sonic, and was responsible for the mayhem that is City Escape.