Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary Panel "Livestream link in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

49 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

But why single out March though? Whatever, it's not like anything significant could happen this month.

Kind of a dissapointing stream. I mean, the only two things I can recall that were interesting was that Iizuka animated the scene where Knuckles punched the chaos emeralds out of Sonic, and was responsible for the mayhem that is City Escape.

There is good in Izuka, or at least, there was.

Sorry if there's already a topic or a blog post about it but, what exactly happened at SXSW? I know there's no game announcement, but it seems a few things were said about numbers and stuff. If someone could sum it up, I'd really appreciate :)

1. Greetings.
2. Naka and Iizuka talk about Classics and Adventure.
3. Pollock talks about Eggman and Ella in Sonic X, Black Doom in ShTH. Aaron says 'Ow the Edge'.
4. Sonic Rivals is the only released game in November 2006.
5. New voice of Sonic. Roger says something. Then Boom got mentioned, fans are not pleased with it.
6. 2015 was the greatest year for Sonic. Memes won the award.
7. Numbers. Aaron says that it was 07-22-16 - this date will be anniversary event in San Diego.
8. Announcements. Sonic Boom 2 will be released September 27th. Teaser for Big's game shown.
9. See you in San Diego again. Thanks for coming and watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found two other wingdings from the Sonic History panel and the text provided below is what all four translate to. They all happen to be lyrics from this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0HySz_9kfo

bbbb.jpg

bbbbb.jpg

bbbbbb.png

So I guess, we'll get news between the months of March - August. That's all I'm getting from this.

Juno - June

Julius - July

Augustus - August

Plus the lyrics "Play a fool like April", hasn't sega been teasing April fool's day?

• 2 weeks later...

So, Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 'releases' tomorrow.

Just thought I'd remind everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

!!  Yes, it will be intriguing if it is an actual flash game or something similar as people have suggested.  If so, there will perhaps be some easter eggs/moments/references especially if Aaron has been part of creating it. 

Then the next day is the Sonic Adventure concert in Japan!!

Speaking of streaming things, SEGA of America will be streaming playthroughts of Sonic 1, 2 and CD today on their YT channel. There's a reason for that?

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Speaking of streaming things, SEGA of America will be streaming playthroughts of Sonic 1, 2 and CD today on their YT channel. There's a reason for that?

They are already playing these games right now. In Hardlight office but on SoA's channel.

Seems to be kind of promotion to the release of Sonic 1, 2 and CD on Apple TV.

I mean, yeah. That's cool. It was nice to see, you know, Iizuka just being a dude. And I'd be all for it in the future. It just still comes off as a missed opportunity.

I mean, I'm not saying it's the greatest panel ever seen and there could've been much more to it but I just feel that Webber did the best he could provide for the panel, given the topic he was given and the time taken with Austin Keys translating what Iizuka and Naka have to say. It's a tough act to juggle and even tougher to satisfy the expectations for the fans. I mean, you're perfectly to think they could've done much more but I feel like the restrictions given to Aaron made me realize, that what we got was as best as we can get.

See the problem I have with TSSZ's assessment of it, is that even though Iizuka was there soaking it all up, nothing did happen and Iizuka has been there before hearing the same. 

Summer of Sonic (two of them).

Sonic Boom (Is it 2 or 3?)

This pannel. 

Also something I've found out recently, this panel was apparently almost word for word the same as a panel done at another convention, not sure which one it was since I saw the claim several days ago, but I think it was AOD 2015? The guy even said that all the jokes were the same.

25 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Also something I've found out recently, this panel was apparently almost word for word the same as a panel done at another convention, not sure which one it was since I saw the claim several days ago, but I think it was AOD 2015? The guy even said that all the jokes were the same.

I'm guessing you heard it from this guy, right? 

Spoiler

he mentions it 5 minutes in 

Where he says that the SXSW panel was exactly the same as a panel called "The History of Sonic" at Momocon 2 years ago, I'm not sure how valid this guy's statements are but the SEGABits apparently had the coverage of the panel sooooo yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gameplay of Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 leaked! The graphics look really realistic!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, TimmiT said:

Why did you make a fake review of a real game? :V

http://bigthec.at

Making it out to be a grandiose, epic adventure seems more amusing than a diminutive flash game.

Either way, Big doesn't disappoint.

36 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

Making it out to be a grandiose, epic adventure seems more amusing than a diminutive flash game.

Either way, Big doesn't disappoint.

Well, this is just the Trial. ;)

On 3/31/2016 at 5:48 PM, sansy said:

I'm guessing you heard it from this guy, right? 

Reveal hidden contents

he mentions it 5 minutes in 

Where he says that the SXSW panel was exactly the same as a panel called "The History of Sonic" at Momocon 2 years ago, I'm not sure how valid this guy's statements are but the SEGABits apparently had the coverage of the panel sooooo yeah.

Ok, so a slight update with this post.

So apparently there was a Sonic panel at Momocon in 2014 (it was the first time SEGA ever went to Momocon at that as well) called "Behind the Scenes of Sonic", the link I posted above was a more SEGA-orientated one with some direct references to the Console Wars book (which is a great book and I'd say the strongest evidence that SEGA worked just as hard, if not more, to make Sonic than Nintendo made Mario).

Here's the panel recorded by SEGAbits, if you're curious enough:

But that's besides the point, the point is: Is the Behind the Scenes of Sonic panel the EXACT SAME panel as the one at SXSW?

"Eh, not really"

So first off, with the Momocon panel is was only Webber that was in the panel, in the SEGA panel he was with two other SEGA employees while in SXSW; Iizuka, Naka, Keys, Smith and Pollock were there as well. Though there is some similarities between the two, both panels had a Powerpoint that showcases the history of Sonic. Some descriptions were similar like how the description for Super Sonic almost word-for-word. Though not all the jokes used in the Momocon panel was the same as the SXSW. Like I guess the Momocon panel kinda started the Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 gag although it wasn't exactly named like that in the panel AND there was no trailer like in SXSW. That amazing moment where Webber acknowledges Rivals (which makes me happy) but not 06, only happens in SXSW. Nothing like that happened in the Momocon. The Big the Cat jokes weren't AS prominent in Momocon as it was in SXSW either.

I think I've covered the gist of it, while the presentation itself is about the same between the two (both panels talking about the history of Sonic) and Webber presenting it in a silly but entertaining way. There was a good amount of differences between the two panels that you could tell that it wasn't exactly the same. So, this Nerdword Entertainment guy isn't entirely right with his claims, sure they had the same style but there was some obvious differences. Like Momocon happened before the Boom games got released, there was clearly much more time given to Webber in the Momocon panel and he didn't any other guests along with him in the panel. You also got to take into consideration on that Austin Keys has to spend time translating what either Iizuka or Naka has to say so Webber was given a much smaller window of time to provide a decently entertaining and fun panel with such, I guess you could say, handicaps.

But each to their own, I guess. :/