Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Oh fuck no.

Don't pull a hope spot on me Game Freak, that Litten evo looks like a fucking joke.

No, no no no no, no!  This is the worst-case scenario!  How could they be so stupid?  ...It's not over yet.  There was one rumour that said it was Fire/Dark, not Fire/Fighting.  We could still avoid total disaster here.

What a day.  Leaked starter evolutions confirmed, HMs are gone, Mega Evolutions are gone.  What a generation.

The Alola forms of the classic Pokemon really blindsided me in a good way. I'm definitely putting Ninetails on my team. And I swear to god, if Litten evolves into that thing, somebody is going to get fucking hurt.

Holy fuck I'm legitimately excited now.

I'm loving the ways this game is shaking up old game conventions and introducing new variant forms that actually matter this time. It's such a clever way to stave off making the Pokedex even more bloated without skimping out on new Pokemon and I hope they continue this trend with more Pokemon.

It looks like they're also making Ride Pokemon a more substantial gameplay mechanic now, AND ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO SOAR THROUGH THE SKY ON POKEMON OTHER THAN LATIAS/OS(?), OR AT LEAST ON CHARIZARD!? MY INNER 6 YEAR OLD CANNOT BE CONTAINED!

It looks like the rumors about this game ditching the standard gym system look to be true and halle-fucking-lujah some more substantial gameplay evolution! It sounds like these island challenges will involve doing tasks other than just fighting through gym trainers, and finally, FINALLY, proper BOSS POKEMON. I hope to god they don't limit these to just the island trials. For years it's been such a let down to face a supposedly powerful legendary Pokemon that can be downed like any standard wild Pokemon. This will be the first time we actually get to fight a single powerful Pokemon that could take a whole team to take down, and I hope they extend this mechanic to legendaries so they actually feel like a proper fight now.

And the reveal of Z-Moves has me quite relieved, as it looks like it won't be another overpowered super move or state that breaks game like Megas, and even better, since it looks like you can use this technique with any Pokemon, it may end up being far more balanced than Megas ever were, since now there's the possibility of far more underpowered Pokemon getting the power boost they need to be somewhat viable, even if for just one attack. There are lots of Pokemon that'd be really good if they actually had strong enough moves, and I hope Z-moves help patch up those holes and gives more Pokemon the opportunity to be useful.

Really excited for all of this. Can't fucking wait to see more now.

...Unless they've completely changed how it works, it looks like they have chucked Mega Evolutions, you know.  Check out the page on the official site for Z-Moves - they require you to put a particular stone in your bracelet, and for your Pokemon to hold the same kind of stone; they're called Z-Crystals and the Z-Ring.  In other words, it's exactly like Mega Evolution - but at the same time, it's replacing Key Stones, Mega Bracelets and Mega Stones.  Unless Z-Crystals and Z-Rings also have exactly the same Mega properties, then Mega Evolutions are gone!

That's highly unlikely, what this looks like is an alternative to Megas, perhaps a compensation for Pokemon that don't have one while leaving the door open for Pokemon to have proper evolutions, or in this case Alola forms, which, depending on how different they are compared to their original forms, could be counted as Megas to an extent. There's no way they're ditching such a game changing feature now. More like a way to give new perks to old Pokemon without just slapping a straight power boost onto them, which was running the risk of growing stale and overshadowing all the Pokemon that couldn't

I swear Litten's final evo better not look like that uuuuuuuuuuuuughMega evolve.

No, no no no no, no!  This is the worst-case scenario!  How could they be so stupid?  ...It's not over yet.  There was one rumour that said it was Fire/Dark, not Fire/Fighting.  We could still avoid total disaster here.

Oh fck no.

Don't pull a hope spot on me Game Freak, that Litten evo looks like a fucking joke.

...I like it...

Ok Fire/Fighting would be kinda a bummer but what'cha gonna do.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is what y'all get for hating on Delphox so much. 

Honestly, the design makes sense. If we're going with this whole circus theme, Litten's final evo is pretty much a cross between a lion tamer and the strongman. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Lurantis is the Totem Pokémon of Lush Jungle, the site of an Akala Island trial. It will overwhelm trial-goers with the powerful combos it unleashes with the Pokémon allies it calls.

This is the first time we're getting ans island name besides Melemele, right?

Also, I'm still loving all this extra lore from the site like these:

Mudbray could once be found all over the world, but it was overhunted and ended up on the verge of extinction. It’s said that the Alola region is the only place in the world where Mudbray can still be found in the wild.

The Sensu Style Oricorio is quiet and collected. By means of its dance, it gathers the spirits drifting about in an area and borrows their power to fight. People who migrated from Kanto feel a great liking for this Pokémon because its dance reminds them of their homeland.

The sprays of snow kicked up by Alolan Sandslash’s movements are so beautiful that many photographers head for the snowy peaks to capture the moment.

The environment of the Alola region, where strong sunlight pours down all year round, brought about this change in Exeggutor’s form. The people of Alola boast that the Alolan Exeggutor is the true form of Exeggutor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Formantis and it's evolution is really cool and I really love the name Formantis! HOLY SHIZ ICE VULPIX AND NINETAILS! Though I'm kinda disappointed that Ninetales' tails aren't icicles...

The structuring of this game is slightly odd tho, no gym leaders, but there are island leaders that work technically like Gym Leaders! I've a feeling we'll get an evil team based on pirates? (Besides Team Aqua) Also, Totem Pokemon as bosses?! I wonder if we can catch them? Probably not tho...

I am laughing so hard at Eggsecutor's Alola form. It's just so HILARIOUS.

Mega Evolutions and HMs gone? I'm not sure what to feel about that... but at least we don't have to find them and then use them after winning badges... then again, some of those moves like Waterfall and Surf proved pretty effective!

1 minute ago, -Robin- said:

"Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region." 

Looks like they unintentionally spoiled another Alola form?

Oh, you're right! I saw that and just laughed it off.

2 minutes ago, Fusion Runners said:

Mega Evolutions and HMs gone? I'm not sure what to feel about that... but at least we don't have to find them and then use them after winning badges... then again, some of those moves like Waterfall and Surf proved pretty effective!

I'm sure there will be a way where you can find mega stones on the island. It'll probably happen in the post game though.

27 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Hey guys remember that supposed leak for the final evolutions for the starters? Well it looks like it might be real

Coxvu3HXYAAN598.jpg

CoxwSfDXgAAffH0.jpg

CoxwViLWYAAG_oJ.jpg

Welp, if I ever had this game, I know which starter I'm choosing, it's Rowlet's Robin hood evolution! Sorry Litten!

And they unintentionally spoiler'd another alola form! It'll be interesting if Marowak's design is based on a fire rock that came out of the volcano...

The Pa’u Style Oricorio acts at its own pace, which sometimes makes it difficult to deal with. It sharpens its spirited moves through dance, which increases its psychic power. It’s said that this dance expresses its gratitude

to the guardian deity Pokémon.

Given that Oricorio has an Electric typing, the same typing as the guardian deity Tapu Koko, it may seem like the other guardian deity Pokemon types have been indirectly confirmed as well.

Specifically, Fire/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, and Ghost/Fairy.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_ob8ge7pVEe1uep5pko1_1280.png

Looking at this picture closely, I just realized Alolan Exeggutor has a head for a tail now...

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

img_06.png

Do you think the middle Z-Crystal is Dragon or Dark?

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Looking at this picture closely, I just realized Alolan Exeggutor has a head for a tail now...

Do you think the middle Z-Crystal is Dragon or Dark?

It's probably Dragon. That sign looks like it's got teeth in it. 

Apparently these new forms aren't form changes in the traditional sense. They are merely the result of adapting to certain climates within the region. I love that. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Regional variants!?

Mega Evolutions being replaced by a mechanic that works with any Pokemon!?

YES, YES, ALL MY YES. These developments are simply amazing and everything I could have dreamed of. There is so much good going on here, I just can't take it.

Not gonna lie, I'm so glad Mega Evolutions were just for one gen (assuming that they really are gone, anyway). The concept wasn't super interesting, most of the designs were nothing to write home about (a lot of them were OK, but I can't think of a single one I truly loved, and there were way too many I felt "meh" or "bleh" about), and it kinda bugged me that just a few Pokemon got the privilege of this amazing boost while so many others were left in the dust, and there was no real reason why some got it and others didn't - but you can't really blame them because if every Pokemon could do it, that would be an absurd amount of character designs to do. Well, now we have a way for any Pokemon to do something amazing and don't need any new designs - nice. I guess I do feel a bit sorry for the Kanto starters, such popular Pokemon are probably gonna be resigned to low tiers once again. But overall, the benefit is greater than the cost. Bye-bye Mega Evos, hello Z-Moves! (Hopefully.)

And good grief, regional variants are such a good idea. I love the concept of making use of existing Pokemon and doing something creative with them, since there's so much you can do with them. They do look a lot like something you would see in fan art or something but is that automatically a bad thing? xD

I have to say, I like all of those final evolutions for the Starters. Litten's isn't great but it's not hideous...unless it turns out to be Fighting-type. Which seems likely. And which would be absolutely ridiculous and worthy of much scorn.

22 minutes ago, Fusion Fomantis said:

It's probably Dragon. That sign looks like it's got teeth in it. 

I'm voting for Dark actually. The fact that it's black is kind of a giveaway, and Bite and Crunch are Dark-type moves so the teeth might symbolize that type rather than Dragon. The symbol even looks a tiny bit like the Darkness TCG symbol.

• Thumbs Up 1

This really got me wondering about what certain other older Pokemon might get Alolan forms. I'm really excited to see what an Alolan Arcanine or Lanturn might look like.

I'll be surprised if we don't get an Alolan Tropius. Poor guy needs something to stay alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Pokejungle got a hold of some more rumors. http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/01/chinese-rumor-leaked-starter-evolutions-confirmed-true/

• The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
  • Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
  • Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
  • Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
  • Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
  • Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
  • Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
  • The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
  • Furfrou gets new styles
  • New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
  • There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
  • Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Looks like Pokejungle got a hold of some more rumors. http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/01/chinese-rumor-leaked-starter-evolutions-confirmed-true/

Hide contents

• The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
  • Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
  • Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
  • Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
  • Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
  • Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
  • Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
  • The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
  • Furfrou gets new styles
  • New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
  • There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
  • Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter

Looks like Litten trainers may get the respite they deserve.  All sounds hugely plausible.  It could actually be the news planned for the 12th.  I'm not getting my hopes, or certainties high on this, but still, doesn't stretch the imagination too far.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I can definitely believe all those rumors.

Spoiler

Haha, I love Generation I Pokemon but any other generations going to get regional variants in Alola...?

Also, I just thought of something regarding regional variants...if we get Generation IV remakes, might we get "Sinnohan" variants of some Pokemon? That would be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1