Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Here's a recap of the Official Site Information and Pics

Alolan Regional Variants

a-raichu.png

• Alolan Raichu
  • Category: Mouse Pokémon
  • Type: Electric/Psychic
  • Height: 2'04"
  • Weight: 46.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Surge Surfer

The Raichu in Alola have two types—Electric and Psychic—and they are able to wield psychic power. What’s more, they can gather their psychic power in their tails and then ride on them to float in the air!

Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!

Raichu has electric sacs on its cheeks, and rubbing them causes a sweet aroma to be released. The mechanism behind this is not clear, but it’s thought to be connected to the psychic power that Alolan Raichu possess.

The Alolan Raichu has a new Ability, Surge Surfer, which no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Surge Surfer Ability, the Pokémon’s Speed will be doubled on Electric Terrain.

a-meowth.png

• Alolan Meowth
  • Category: Scratch Cat Pokémon
  • Type: Dark
  • Height: 1'04"
  • Weight: 9.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Pickup/Technician

Meowth is a Pokémon that did not originally live in the Alola region. They were sent to the royal line as an offering from another region, and only a select few could have them as partners.

The Meowth in Alola are distinct for their cunning and their great pride. Two things they really hate—a wound to their pride and dirt on their coins. If either one happens, they fly into hysterics!

It’s said that the Meowth that were offered to the royal family lived a life of luxury and pampering, which led them to have a selfish and prideful attitude. This caused Meowth’s form to change.

The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, and they have now become regular Pokémon, seen as commonly in the Alola region as elsewhere.

a-marowak.png

• Alolan Marowak
  • Category: Bone Keeper Pokémon
  • Type: Fire/Ghost
  • Height: 3'03"
  • Weight: 75.0 lbs.
  • Ability: Cursed Body/Lightning Rod

The Marowak in the Alola region take bones and light both ends on fire by rubbing them against their foreheads. Then they spin the bones around! Marowak’s rarity and its fearsome appearance when it dances with its bone led the people of Alola to dub it a conjurer and regard it with fear.

There are many Grass-type Pokémon—Marowak’s natural enemies—in the Alola region. This makes Alola a harsh environment for Cubone and Marowak. As a result, they live in close union with their partners. It’s said that their great care for their partners allowed them to gain something like a sixth sense and resulted in their changed form.

The Alolan Marowak proves skilled at an attack in which it waves its bone and releases a ball of flame. The fireballs are not that powerful, but they tirelessly pursue the foe!

New Pokémon

morelull.png

• Morelull
  • Category: Illuminating Pokémon
  • Type: Grass/Fairy
  • Height: 0'08"
  • Weight: 3.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Illuminate / Effect Spore

Morelull are nocturnal Pokémon that walk around at night on their leg-like roots. They move because staying in one spot and sucking all the nutrients from the soil would cause surrounding plants to wither. Morelull uses its leg-like roots to make contact with its fellows and communicate with them.

Morelull broadcast spores that glow brightly when they burst open. Looking at their pulsing light has a soporific effect. It seems that in times of danger, Morelull broadcast these spores.

pyukumuku.png

• Pyukumuku
  • Category: Sea Cucumber Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 1'00"
  • Weight: 2.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Innards Out

Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they’re thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot.

Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it won’t budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it’ll stay there—and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku.

Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products.

Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you.

Pyukumuku has a new Ability, Innards Out, which no other Pokémon has had before. With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow.

wishiwashi_soloform.png

• Wishiwashi (Solo Form)
  • Category: Small Fry Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 0'08"
  • Weight: 0.7 lbs.
  • Ability: Schooling

A single Wishiwashi is tiny and weak. Measuring just eight inches from nose to tail, Wishiwashi is very small—even for a Pokémon. Yet the people of the Alola region seem to view it as a terrifying Pokémon...

When it’s in danger, Wishiwashi’s glistening eyes catch the light and shine out, sending an SOS signal to its allies!

Wishiwashi have a new Ability, Schooling, which no Pokémon has previously had. With Schooling, Wishiwashi can change form in battle to their School Form under certain conditions.

wishiwashi_schoolform.png

• Wishiwashi (School Form)
  • Category: Small Fry Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 26'11"
  • Weight: 173.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Schooling

The seemingly weak Wishiwashi is called the demon of the sea because of its terrifying School Form! When Wishiwashi friends receive an SOS signal, they unite in this huge battle formation!

Wishiwashi that have encountered many dangerous situations and have a lot of experience calling on their allies will be able to emit a bright light from their eyes. They can gather allies and transform into an even more powerful Pokémon! Even Gyarados flee from Wishiwashi’s School Form!

Wishiwashi have a new Ability, Schooling, which no Pokémon has previously had. With Schooling, Wishiwashi can change form in battle to their School Form under certain conditions.

Team Skull

CplOOFXVIAAoy5l.jpg:large

In the Alola region, a group of ruffians known as Team Skull causes a lot of trouble. They steal other people’s Pokémon, mess up the trial sites, and delight in all kinds of evil deeds.

tumblr_obqiyrzj5l1rr6pr1o2_500.png

Team Skull Boss Guzma
Guzma is the boss of Team Skull who holds these ruffians together. Guzma pours on the attacks, battling without mercy. He certainly does seem strong, but he claims to be one of those who “never could become captains.” He seems to have a bone to pick with Professor Kukui, as well.

I think Guzma's name is based off the Guzuma tree.

tumblr_obqiyrzj5l1rr6pr1o5_500.png

Team Skull Admin Plumeria
Plumeria is considered the big sister of Team Skull. She’s a tough lady who keeps Team Skull in line and working together—in the same way a strict older sister would. She seems to care for the Grunts who are below her in the pecking order, and she’s not one to let it go if someone’s given them a walloping.

Plumeria is a type of flower.

tumblr_obpu3aSVUS1snjvlso1_540.png

Team Skull Grunts
Both male and female Team Skull Grunts wear matching black Skull Tanks. And these uniforms aren’t even provided for them—all Grunts have to buy their own!

• Thumbs Up 6

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!

I don't like this. I'd rather know the actual reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Would the story opening "Rumour has it they were created in a hoverboard experiment accident" suffice?

Pyukumuku could be the very first Pokemon in the metagame to serve a kamikaze role, and be a real threat if its HP is high enough but its defenses are not.

Switch it in on a Pokemon with high power and attacks SE on water and instantly be down one threat.

But if you want to be really creative, Pyukumuku's an excellent candidate for late game finishers. The threat of this Pokemon when you're one Pokemon behind can't be understated. You're busy trying to figure out how to damage this thing safely, while in the meantime its taking potshots at you or setting up. Very scary scenario.

I can't wait to see this thing in action competitively.

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, Marcello said:

tumblr_obqjyj7Nun1rf6juvo1_500.jpg

I think it's obvious that Alolan Raichu is a callback to both Surfing Pikachu from Yellow Version and the anime.

Then again, it might have something to do with another Pokemon, like Zygarde or Tapu Koko.

• Thumbs Up 9

The Japanese Official Site has updated....

and for some reason, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat have been added to their Pokemon section...

• Thumbs Up 1

Favorites for Sun and Moon so far: Popplio and Rockruff, the other Pokemon are great though. And the rival and protagonist look freakin cool too

Edit: Add Dark Meowth and dragon Exeggutor to the favorites for alolan forms

Edited by Wing
New stuff

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

and for some reason, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat have been added to their Pokemon section...

With the Zubat line, one could assume it's because Team Skull has 'em (naturally!), but the Dratini line...hmm. I swear we've seen a Dragonite in one of these trailers, but 1) I'm not certain of that and 2) even then, we've seen a lot of other returning Pokes, so it's a little odd to see one singled out like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zubat I could understand as mentioned being a part of the Team Skull line up. If we get Crobats then it might point to them being anti-villains.

While I doubt it but they could also use the Dratini line too because this /is/ the same Team that needs to buy their own uniforms so they could actually mix and match things. It would be interesting if they just used random Pokemon, as long as its foreign for them to use but I doubt Dratini being among their forces.

Maybe their Pokemon are illegal foreign imports?  Dratini seems like the sort of thing that might get caught up in that; the Rocket Game Corner fenced Dratinis, didn't it?

Of course, it could also suggest Alolan forms for Crobat and part of the Dratini line.  A lot of people have been proposing an Alolan Dragonite that retains greater design consistency with its previous forms...

• Thumbs Up 3

That Marowak, is it a callback to the ghost pokemon of Lavender Tower?

Also Team Skull seems that they are more of a gang then an organized group, which doesn't make them seem too much of a threat really.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, maybe the game will operate on FFVI logic and have them becoming a massive threat due to their actions either by accident or by luck.

• Thumbs Up 3

Relatively mundane villains can be scarier on a personal level than, say, a guy who wants to rewrite reality. If only because the former is the kind of thing that actually exists in real life. That's one thing people like about Team Rocket compared to most of the other evil teams in the franchise. Personally I'm a fan of both kinds of teams, but it's been a while since we had something like the Rockets.

Of course, Skull so far looks hilarious (and for the record, I love that). But yeah, I am hoping for their goals to be more down to Earth. Even if they go after a legendary, I'd love it if the leader was openly like "Yeah, I just want this for the power," etc. Purely wanting the intimidation factor of having a legendary on their side, rather than having a plan involving that Pokemon's specific abilities.

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't know why I find Team Skull so hilarious, they made me chuckle for real. Alolan Marowak is straight badass. I just wanna try the new Pokemon myself since I can't say much about them based on the footage , that's how I felt with X/Y too.

8 hours ago, Celestia said:

With the Zubat line, one could assume it's because Team Skull has 'em (naturally!), but the Dratini line...hmm. I swear we've seen a Dragonite in one of these trailers, but 1) I'm not certain of that and 2) even then, we've seen a lot of other returning Pokes, so it's a little odd to see one singled out like that.

Dragonite was shown in the trailer that revealed Alolan Exeggutor. Unless the Dragonite that was in the trailer is transferred from a previous game and there's a new form native to Alola we haven't seen yet they're waiting to surprise us with, I'm not expecting the Dratini line to get an upgrade (though I'd love to see it happen).

9 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Zubat I could understand as mentioned being a part of the Team Skull line up. If we get Crobats then it might point to them being anti-villains.

Not necessarily. Maxie, Archie, and Cyrus all had Crobats and had used Golbat beforehand. Archie and Maxie can be forgiven because they're severe well-intentioned extremists, but Cyrus? Nah, that's definitely a case of big boss beefing up.

Still, 2 for 3. Skull could be anti-villains given the track record.

I just want them to have Duskull.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

there is much good discussion on serebii about this; including that the addition of these pages is probably not in preparation to show a regional variation. 

I think it is getting close to fewer than three months until the game is released, and it is possible that they do want to announce the inclusion of Mega Evolution and showcase at least a few of the Mega Pokemon early enough for people to be excited, yet also after enough of the new aspects of the games have been presented!  :o^_^  It is a very interesting and impressive part of the games and i think especially if some people are interested in Pokemon for the first time either due to the popularity of Sun and Moon, or of Pokemon Go, then Mega Evolution would be something totally new to them..!

Placing the Zubat / Dragonite images seems to be at least a 30% chance of being a teaser that there may be Megas revealed at some point soon! 

I'd love it if they had Duskulls. One of my favorites and I'm already loving Team Skull. If two plus two goes together then it would be amazing.

Yeah, not too keen on Team Skull. They look more goofy and tryhard than anything serious and intimidating.

I also don't want Team Skull to primarily use Dark and Poison pokes. If none of them not carry a Cubone, Alola Marowak, or the Duskull line I'll be incredibly disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't fond of the "dark and serious" trend Pokemon's been going (like BlackWhite and XY), so I like how team Skull seem more local and somewhat goofy. 

But who knows, since Alola seem to be small and peaceful, local gangsters can be a big and serious enough threat.

I would think it's too cheesy if they skull/bone-themed Pokemon, but perhaps the top rank guys will use one.

I just hope they use more variety. Even Team Flare botched this, Team Flare was all about "beauty" so they should have used things like Florges, Roserade, Eeveelutions, things that are cute or pretty. But no, more Golbats, Poison types, and Dark types from the same six lines. The Kalos dex in total had 450 Pokemon, and they mostly used six lines. What a waste.

I always liked Team Plasma the most for the character development and the questions they asked, but I hope Skull are more localised and down to earth. I mean, by the time we got to Team Galactic it was like "remake the universe" and that sort of goal isn't really compelling when it doesn't exist in real life. At least Plasma's thing about animal rights kind of thing and the acceptance of other people's opinions is something that is an actual thing. Trying to remake the universe is just silly.

• Thumbs Up 5

11 hours ago, Semi-colon e said:

I just hope they use more variety. Even Team Flare botched this, Team Flare was all about "beauty" so they should have used things like Florges, Roserade, Eeveelutions, things that are cute or pretty. But no, more Golbats, Poison types, and Dark types from the same six lines. The Kalos dex in total had 450 Pokemon, and they mostly used six lines. What a waste.

I always liked Team Plasma the most for the character development and the questions they asked, but I hope Skull are more localised and down to earth. I mean, by the time we got to Team Galactic it was like "remake the universe" and that sort of goal isn't really compelling when it doesn't exist in real life. At least Plasma's thing about animal rights kind of thing and the acceptance of other people's opinions is something that is an actual thing. Trying to remake the universe is just silly.

Huh, weren't they just saying "beauty/beautiful world without fights (by mass genocide of both human and pokemon plus destroying the world with a giant weapon)" and p much worked to get ready for that? I don't think pretty cute stuff would be their choice.

While I understand you're tired of the Bad guys using poison/dark Pokemon (Like I'm tired of bug Pokemons used as the bad guys in the anime), it's the easiest way for the player to see and feel it's bad. Dark in Japanese is Aku (literally evil), and nothing's good about poison.