Sonictrainer

Pokemon Sun/Moon (20th Anniversary Games)

1457 posts in this topic

That's more impressive than I thought originally. No doubt some of this success can be attributed to GO sparking new fans or/bringing back lasped ones. 

Now if a potential Pokemon "Stars" comes to Switch and can bring similar success... 

The Pokémon Company has put out a new note clarifying how the currently missing Mega Stones are going to be distributed. In the note, it explains that the Mega Stones will come through two means.

First, given as a present to players of Online Competitions, such as with the Mawilite and Beedrillite in the upcoming 2017 International Challenge February competition. Here, a limited amount of players will get the code ahead of a wait period of 1 to 2 months before all players get the code.

Second is just through a code that will be given to all players through various events/online postings with no wait period.

The method will vary depending on the Mega Stone and they intend to go through these methods until Summer. As always, we'll bring full details on the Mega Stone distributions as they come.

Oh hey, TCP's doing what they should've been doing from the very start. Though... "until Summer"? I honestly shouldn't be surprised that TCP is probably going to do what TCP does best, but that's somewhat disconcerting.

I'm already screwed on that one, since the Mega Stone I'm after the most is Beedrillite. Unless they end up giving them all out later as a "second chance" deal, it sounds like I'm gonna have to wait until the next game(s) are revealed.

Yeah I signed up for a competition for the first time ever 'cause Mawile is my fave and its mega stone is the only thing that makes it worth a damn in a fight.

Pawn likes this

Well, actually

The Pokémon Company has put out a new note clarifying how the currently missing Mega Stones are going to be distributed. In the note, it explains that the Mega Stones will come through two means
First, given as a present to players of Online Competitions, such as with the Mawilite and Beedrillite in the upcoming 2017 International Challenge February competition. Here, a limited amount of players will get the code ahead of a wait period of 1 to 2 months before all players get the code.
Second is just through a code that will be given to all players through various events/online postings with no wait period
The method will vary depending on the Mega Stone and they intend to go through these methods until Summer.

So basically those who sign up will get the Mega Stones a month or 2 early