Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

The vs. tapus theme is by far one of the best tracks of the game

EDIT: Well well, my first shiny turned out to be a Gumshoos found in the wild

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

15171112_10211354289679865_1367646727851101044_n.jpg?oh=bf3ce99654b7c23209bf5b3fa6dcdc7f&oe=58FA7416

15179108_10211378065634249_7432816592565256325_n.jpg?oh=4de951e2d2c2d31824a519df500e5873&oe=58B4D265

I'm starting to think the shiny rate has increased even further in this game.

That or I have the Midas Touch.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

The vs. tapus theme is by far one of the best tracks of the game

EDIT: Well well, my first shiny turned out to be a Gumshoos found in the wild

Wild Pink Trumps.

SuMo story spoilers below;

The more that I look at it, the more it seems like the game was trying to make out that Ilima and Guzma are kinda like counterparts to each other;

-Both are based on Melemele island; Ilima has his swanky pad in Hau'oli city, Guzma has his house just outside of there, on Route 2.

-Ilima is rich as heck and scholared, Guzma is pretty broke and fits the usual punk stereotypes.

-Ilima's room has gold trophies on his desk that glisten when you inspect them, Guzma has silver and bronze trophies.

-Ilima's folks (especially his dad) are fully supportive of their son, Guzma's family aren't so much (especially his dad. Mmyes, his freakouts and violent tendencies don't come from nowhere, as the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...).

-After the story element of both has concluded, you can talk to them again in their homes, after which they'll battle you in a different nearby location, and then give you a stone relating to evolution afterwards (Ilima the Everstone, Guzma the Dawn Stone). 

-Both are apparently students under Hala's guidance (Guzma starts out more as former, but the aforementioned post-story fight suggests that Hala is trying to train him again by getting Guzma to see what battling is all about, and he might be slowly breaking through). Come to think of it, what Ilima likes about battling is what Guzma is missing the point of. 

You know, it would be pretty cool to see a third version that was set sometime in the future and had both Ilima and Guzma working together as captains on Melemele island. Maybe have Mina get a really cool trial as well, off that topic.

• Thumbs Up 4

My Steelbook Sun arrived on 23rd as I expected and started playing on that evening. I have been proceeding really slowly since I can only play in small bits every evening. Today I beat the first totem Pokémon. I'm enjoying my journey so far. Game feels a bit linear, but it's still ton of fun and refreshingly different than previous games.

I played around today with the QR Scanner.  Noticed it was counting points to 100, so scanned until I got full score.  'You can use Island Scan!'  Not much info there.  So I tried it and got sent to find a Cyndaquil.  Just got the Strategy Guide, so I'm going to have to read up.  At the moment I'm playing through the story rather slowly in Moon, and actively trying to catch everything available before leaving the each island in Sun.

So I'm just training my newly-acquired Pokemon, taking out Wingull after Wingull. Then this guy pops up:

1480297795173-2136768756.jpg

All I can say is... THANK YOU MUNCHLAX! Oh, and since it has Hydration, it's gonna get Drizzle when it evolves into Peliper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, my pokedex is 87% done! It's too bad we can't register the Pokémon you get from the island scan until January though.

Alright, so I'm trying to Masuda Method my way a Shiny Litten, so in the meantime I have a crapload of unwanted Littens on hand. If anyone needs one, just hit me up on PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know a good nature for a Mimikyu? Also what stats should i invest in, i'm trying to make a physical attacker who can set up Trick Room.

14 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

Anyone know a good nature for a Mimikyu? Also what stats should i invest in, i'm trying to make a physical attacker who can set up Trick Room.

Quick glance at its base stat distribution makes it quite the physical attacker, but with above average Def and good Sp.Def. It's speed isn't too shabby either, but since you wanna set up Trick Room on it Speed shouldn't be that much of a priority? It can learn Curse, would have though it could also learn Baton Pass but alas it cannot. A Swords Dance set may work too; someone here mentioned one days ago.

On an unrelated note, decided to slowly but surely work on my Pokedex one island at a time in reverse order.

...God I'm not much of a fan of the new fishing mechanics.

It's the Shiny Venusaur case all over again! I was wonder trading and all of a sudden I get a lvl 100 shiny Lurantis with rus, the Contrary ability and a Life Orb.

I like Lurantis since I already have one in my team. Maybe I won't use it but just keep it for the shiny collection alongside the shiny Trump I got the other day in the wild

Anybody here willing to part with a female Rowlet and Celesteela for a couple Kartanas or something else? I want the Celesteela for my Pokedex, but I actually want to raise up a Rowlet into a Decidueye since I already snagged a female Litten off the GTS a few days ago and it's an Incineroar now. All of the Rowlets on the GTS are male and I can't single them out to just female cause there's no way for me to have "Seen" one thanks to me picking Popplio.

Anyone interested in a Vulpix? I'm looking for a Sandshrew since GTS is trolling me with constant Sandshrew asking for Vulpix and each one I select is already traded. Some of them appear more than once with the same result.

Also...if you could get a Beldum...what would you like in exchange (I can't get UBs since I traded them all and have one of each only)

Plot-related:

From what I can tell, unless I'm misinterpreting something, Sun and Moon takes place an entire decade after the events of Gen I/III.

Looker says he found Anabel 10 years before. Gen I/III supposedly marked the "beginning" of Lookers story (appearing washed up at the Battle Resort with amnesia) so it's unlikely that he met Anabel before that point.

Also since this Anabel assumedly came from the alternate universe where the original Gen III games occurred, doesn't this affectively mean this current universe has two Anabel's coexisting? Unless Anabel never existed in this universe for some reason...

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Plot-related:

Hide contents

From what I can tell, unless I'm misinterpreting something, Sun and Moon takes place an entire decade after the events of Gen I/III.

Looker says he found Anabel 10 years before. Gen I/III supposedly marked the "beginning" of Lookers story (appearing washed up at the Battle Resort with amnesia) so it's unlikely that he met Anabel before that point.

Also since this Anabel assumedly came from the alternate universe where the original Gen III games occurred, doesn't this affectively mean this current universe has two Anabel's coexisting? Unless Anabel never existed in this universe for some reason...

To answer plainly and simply, yes. That's correct.

4 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Hide contents

To answer plainly and simply, yes. That's correct.

Spoiler

So in other words...Anabel is suffering a Future Trunks case where she's co-existing with another Anabel?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Anyone interested in a Vulpix? I'm looking for a Sandshrew since GTS is trolling me with constant Sandshrew asking for Vulpix and each one I select is already traded. Some of them appear more than once with the same result.

I'll trade you a Sandshrew for a Vulpix if you're still in need of one.

26 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Sorry, but I finally got one. But I'll contact you if I need another

29 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Eh, well since he got his, I'll trade you one. I've got 3 extra Vulpix that I'm not doing anything with.

• Thumbs Up 1

I keep forgetting, you guys are all aware of the new event that occurs at the Alter of the Sune/Moone post-league, right?

A reminder: If you want to get a Honedge, you still have time. You need to use the Island Scanner in Akala and go to Akala Outskirts