Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Lycanroc forms aren't version exclusive; the evolution of Rockruff into a specific form is.  Both current forms can be caught in either game at the appropriate time of day, although it sounds like the new form won't be.  (I was utterly floored when I got jumped by a Midday form while playing Moon.)

• Thumbs Up 2

lycanrocduskform.png

Here's a better picture of it

More details:

• its ability is Tough Claws
  • It can learn Accelrock and Counter
  • A Event Rockruff that evolves into the Dusk Form Lycanroc will be available when the games launch

Besides the new Lycanroc Form, everyone seems to be talking about Johto/Gen 2 Pokémon getting Alola Forms because:

• Canonically, Pokémon from the Kanto and Johto Region migrated to the Alola Region in the past
  • Pokémon Go only had Kanto Pokémon when it started and when Sun/Moon was out, and they're now adding the Gen 2 Pokémon to the game
  • The Virtual Console also released R/B/Y before Sun/Moon came out and will release G/S before Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon come out
  • A number of rumors have talked about Johto Pokémon getting Alola Forms (one even had pictures)

What do you guys and gals think?

Wow I didn't even think of the GS VC and USUM correlation and timing between them and the RBY VC and Sun and Moon releases. 

It would also make sense for certain Johto-native Pokemon to have migratged to Alola since it and Kanto are on one landmass...

The event Rockruff being the only one to be able to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc, as opposed to Dusk Lycanroc being naturally in the game in order to make USUM different to the originals, is a really stupid idea. They don't need to show everything like with previous games, but they need to show us something that will prove that they're more than the same game.

I would like to see Johto Alola forms, but I doubt it. I doubt we'll get any new ones, and even so, it's likely to be more Kanto mons. Please let me be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/9/2017 at 10:42 PM, Sonictrainer said:

A Event Rockruff that evolves into the Dusk Form Lycanroc will be available when the games launch

Oh come on.

Are they actually tying this new hyped up form to an event? I am so tired of this shit. Can't they just, I dunno, let it evolve exactly like Espeon and Umbreon do and base it on the time? This is dumb.

It also doesn't help that it's practically a pallet swap that won't be competitively viable, presumably. Mega Blaziken was actually worthwhile launch event.

Great, so this is like Ash-Greninja all over again. A super-special form that can only be obtained via special methods. (I swear, if they say it can't breed...)

So it's basically the, what are they called, Notch-Eared Pichu and Pikachu-Colored Pichu, just a one-off gimmick event form based on the anime.  Only this one has lore which suggests that it should be possible to obtain ordinarily, but considering they already refuse to make Rockruff evolve based purely on time of day like it should, then I guess being absurd about it is only consistent.  (Well, maybe Rockruff will evolve properly in US/UM, I suppose.)

3 hours ago, サイヤ人の王子 said:

It also doesn't help that it's practically a pallet swap that won't be competitively viable, presumably. Mega Blaziken was actually worthwhile launch event.

While it will never be a speed boost Blaziken, are we ready to wave off Dusk Lycanroc's competitive potential? The access to Accelrock and Tough Claws could allow it to come in and really tear through more than a few pesky 'mons. And the Counter threat is awesome to keep in your pocket.

Shoot, Tough Claws alone means this thing is going to be hitting way above its weight class. Its likely to share the family line 115 base ATK stat and the Tough Claws boost one top of that would make it a force. And thats before you even augment it with a life orb or a scarf. If he inherits the Midday forms speed, I think you could make a case for it to make a few teams.

Of course the inability to breed the thing makes all this mute....

3 minutes ago, サイヤ人の王子 said:

Tough Claws isn't going to boost it near enough. Midday Lycanroc is the better of the 2 that are currently available,  but both are PU tier

I think your selling Tough Claws a bit short. Its essentially an invisible stat boost that pushes Lycanroc's total base stats into the low 500's if your using it right. Teams can work with that, not to mention its priority moves make it a good counter to some of the more threatening and common offensive presences. The 30% boost to Accelrock will mean that it can score some impressive 1HKOs against a bunch of threatening Pokemon. Aerodactyl, Talonflame, Charizard, Staraptor, Volcorona and a bunch more. None of those guys will want anything to do with a harder hitting Accelrock. Tier positioning in the metagame has as much to do with what pokemon everyone else is using as it does with the capabilities of your own pokemon. Dusk form may be able to smoke a lot of common comp.

Wheras the other two forms didn't have the total base stats to do anything outside of a very specific niche, Dusk Lyconroc will have a little more versatility thanks to its ability and access to both of their signature moves. Lycanroc can also be breed to learn Sucker Punch, which give it another hard hitting priority move that gets a boost via its ability. You can shake up some battles with that kind of setup.  If Dusk can show off a decent SPD stat, I think its much more viable than the other two by a mile.

I could see a Dusk Lycanroc jump over NU and into RU. It can beat down too many common threats to stay in PU.

We have a new trailer!

New art for the starters, following Pokemon returning, new locations in Alola and new outfits for the protagonists. Also goes over the new Lycanroc details which have already been covered.

This part sort of makes me think of a gym:
0gXCgE4.png

TgU2YWm.jpg

Hau'oli City has new buildings and I could be crazy, but I think there's an island under the clouds on the bottom left.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I found this on Serebii. Nebbycrozma confirmed? Or is it going to have something to do with the weird portal in the sky?

4.jpg

But hey, walking with Pokémon might be back, I guess that's nea-

jDGRM53.jpg

...YOU PUT THOSE TRASH CANS AWAY RIGHT NOW, THIS IS NOT KANTO, YOU ARE NOT LT. SURGE, HOW DARE YOU BRING THE NIGHTMARE BACK

I have to admit, my thought once the trailer ended was still more or less "Oh, that's it?"  I studied the map pretty intently, and there are a couple of new buildings here and there, but none anywhere wildly out of the way; as speculated, they're all in spots which were just empty lots in Sun/Moon.  The shot with a Rockruff following the trainer is the only one where following happens, so I think it might just be an NPC event.  I'm not taking the Vermillion City gym tease seriously because I don't believe for a moment we will ever get a two-region game again.

I don't want to be downbeat; I'm interested in what the new locations signify, I'm curious about what they're doing with this Ryuki character.  But so far it's still pretty much just "there will be new things, but we're not telling you what they are."  Well, let's hope this marks the true beginning of the promotional campaign and that they're kicking it up a gear from now on.

5 minutes ago, TCB said:

Kommo-o got a new Z-Move: Clangorous Soulblaze.

I was pretty underwhelmed until I saw all of it's stats raise at once lol.

A new feature is the Pokemon Photo Club. 

It's...pretty inconsequential, but neat for those who like that sort of thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's cool they're finally releasing info on the game, but it still feels like we should've been getting all this over time the last few months. Wonder if they heard the complaints or if this was just on schedule, lol.

img_10.jpg

New Z-Moves!

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring! And the games also feature new Z-Moves for certain Pokémon!