Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Corororororo

corocoro11171.jpg

-Both forms of Necrozma get a new Z-Move; Sunshine Blaster (from Sunsteel Strike) and Moonlight Blaster (from Moongeist Beam).

-Duskmane Necrozma also get the new move Photon Geyser.

-Both forms have the Prism Armour ability.

corocoro11172.jpg

-Z Rotom Power allows you to power up Z moves if you have good compatibility with your Rotomdex. It lets you use more than one Z move a battle.

-Rotopon is a new function that helps you find items.

-There are various other new features for it.

-You can interact with your Rotomdex more in these games. 

-Apparently it becomes more like you the more you use it.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Wait, so the Solgaleo armor gets a new move, but not the Lunala one? FAVORTISM

This is just a guess, but I think that new move probably replaces Prismatic Laser whenever Necrozma fuses with Solgaleo. After all, the Dusk Mane form is bound to be a physical attacker, so swapping a powerful special attack with a physical one would make sense. That could be why the Dawn Wings form doesn't have a new move.

New Trailer

English

Japanese

Necrozma's New Forms and Signature Move

duskmane-necrozma-545promo.png

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
  • Category: Prism Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Steel
  • Height: 12'06"
  • Weight: 1,014.1 lbs.
  • Ability: Prism Armor

Dusk Mane Necrozma controls both the body and mind of the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, absorbing the light energy that pours out of it.

Dusk Mane Necrozma can propel itself forward by shooting black light from both sides of its chest, giving it a powerful means of propulsion.

By taking Solgaleo into itself, Necrozma’s Attack rises beyond its previous level. It slices opponents with the powered-up claws on its four legs. The power greatly exceeds that of Solgaleo. Players can expect it to be a great aid in battles using physical moves, including Sunsteel Strike.

dawnwings-necrozma-545promo.png

• Dawn Wings Necrozma
  • Category: Prism Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Ghost
  • Height: 13'09"
  • Weight: 771.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Prism Armor

Dawn Wings Necrozma controls both the body and mind of the Legendary Pokémon Lunala, taking Lunala’s light energy into itself by force.

This Necrozma shoots energy that glows darkly from the black portions of its wings. It accelerates by the shooting black light from its back, getting right up close to enemies in a furious rush. The power far exceeds that of Lunala.

By taking Lunala into itself, Necrozma’s Sp. Atk stat gets even higher. It’s well suited to battles that use special moves, including Moongeist Beam.

New Move: Photon Geyser

Photon Geyser is a Psychic-type special move that only Necrozma can learn. This attack engulfs the target in a pillar of light.

Necrozma can learn this move when it’s in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings forms, as well. This move compares the user’s Attack and Sp. Atk stats, and it deals damage according to whichever is higher. This means that both Dusk Mane Necrozma, with its extremely high Attack, and Dawn Wings Necrozma, with its extremely high Sp. Atk, can unleash the effects of this powerful move to the fullest.

New Z-Moves

171012_01-media.jpg

New Z-Moves for Solgaleo and Lunala

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, new exclusive Z-Moves make their debut for Solgaleo and Lunala—Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom.

There is one other Pokémon that can learn Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam, the moves needed to unleash these extremely powerful Z-Moves—Necrozma.

That’s right—a Necrozma that knows Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam will be able to unleash Searing Sunraze Smash or Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom.

It seems there is even greater power still lurking within Necrozma, as well. Just how much power lies hidden within it?

p06_07_EN.jpg171012_01-detail2.jpg

Searing Sunraze Smash Z-Move

Searing Sunraze Smash is a new Steel-type Z-Move that can be used if you have a Solgaleo that knows Sunsteel Strike hold the exclusive Z-Crystal Solganium Z. This attack damages a target while ignoring any effects of the target’s Ability. A Searing Sunraze Smash from Solgaleo will be extremely powerful!

p07_07_EN.jpg171012_01-detail6.jpg

Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom Z-Move

Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom is a new Ghost-type Z-Move that can be used if you have a Lunala that knows Moongeist Beam hold the exclusive Z-Crystal Lunalium Z. This attack also damages a target while ignoring any effects of the target’s Ability. The Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom that Lunala unleashes boasts tremendous power!

New Features

p08_01.jpgp08_02_EN.jpgp08_04.jpg

A Powered-Up Rotom Dex!

The Rotom Dex is a special item. It’s a Pokédex—a tool that records information about the Pokémon that you find and catch during your adventures—but with a Rotom inside! (Rotom is a Pokémon that is able to enter various electronic appliances.)

In your adventures in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon,you’ll grow closer to Rotom the more you communicate with it, and as you do, it will come to help you even more in your journey. Rotom’s personality will change based on how you communicate with it. Perhaps the Rotom that joins you on your adventure will come to act a bit like you!

Deepen your bonds with Rotom as you travel around the world of Alola! It’ll make your adventure more lively and support you on your way!
Gallery

p09_01.jpgp09_02.jpgp09_03_EN.jpgp09_04_EN.jpgp09_05_EN.jpgp09_06_EN.jpg

Introducing Roto Loto

Roto Loto is a feature that lets you get items from your Rotom Dex as you get closer to Rotom. These special items that you get from your Rotom Dex’s Roto Loto come in different varieties, with some increasing the Exp. Points or prize money that you receive for a set period of time, while others might make it easier to catch Pokémon or have other effects. You may choose to use these Rotom Powers from your Bag whenever you'd like!

p09_07_EN.jpgp09_08_EN.jpg

Use Z-Moves Again with Rotom’s Z-Power

If you become close enough with Rotom, it’ll use a special power for you called Rotom’s Z-Power! This lets you use a second Z-Move in battle, even though you’re normally limited to using only one Z-Move per battle!

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe how much my perspective on these games has changed within such a short time with so much revealed.

I went from having zero interest in them to wanting them NOW! I'm gonna enjoy these games a lot more than I did normal Sun & Moon!

• Thumbs Up 1

That’s right—a Necrozma that knows Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam will be able to unleash Searing Sunraze Smash or Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom.

I smell yet another Mystery Gift promotion...

1 hour ago, TCB said:

I smell yet another Mystery Gift promotion...

Or Necrozma replaces a certain move with Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam when it's fused, like how a fused Kyurem replaces Scary Face with Fusion Flare/Bolt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Game Freak, for the love of god, Make. Necrozma. EVIL. We have never had a Pokemon as the main threat before  that wasn't controlled by a human. DO IT,  PULL THE TRIGGER

• Thumbs Up 3

Make what you will of this.

Some new information has come out about Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon via an interview in the Famitsu magazine which has leaked on a Japanese blog. At present, the magazine is not out so details may require further translation. It confirms that the game is further detailed than people believe with there being further post-game story content than before, adding that it is far more in-depth than Pokémon Emerald & Platinum in terms of change and that the story is twice that of Pokémon Sun & Moon's. It also states that catching and training Pokémon will have elements to make it easier to obtain compared to Sun & Moon. It also confirms that you will encounter various Legendary Pokémon through the Ultra Wormholes when you travel through portals on Solgaleo & Lunala, including Legendary Pokémon, noting the possibility of Mewtwo. We'll bring more as it comes

... was Emerald's post game really that in-depth? I forget other than Battle Frontier.  

It being greater than how it was handled in Platinum is a good sign I guess; it's no B2W2 and obviously ain't topping the Johto games but I'm at least eager to see it for myself.

Honestly I just want more meat to the post game as I fell of the metagame train hard in Gen 6.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I kinda thought they'd use Ultra Space as an excuse to pull an OR/AS and give us Legendaries out the arse. Also, as far as I know, the Battle Frontier was the only post-game content added in Emerald (aside from Kyogre and Groudon), and for the life of me I don't see why so many people want it to come back. Like, alternate battle styles are cool, I guess, but it was never really a draw for me (especially given how BP used to work back then).

Also...

15 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Game Freak, for the love of god, Make. Necrozma. EVIL. We have never had a Pokemon as the main threat before  that wasn't controlled by a human. DO IT,  PULL THE TRIGGER

All of my this. After all this build up and hype of Necrozma being the bad guy (down to the previous villain even calling it a monster), it's going to be a huge anticlimax if the game pulls a Pokémon anime and goes, "psyche, he was never evil, he was just a misunderstood softie the whole time." It'll be even worse if it turns out the Ultra Recon Suad take that spot, since not only would it likely lead to Necrozma getting cast aside and abused to make them look "eviller", but

1) It'd be repeating B2/W2 and how Kyurem was handled there, and

2) We'd have a plot twist of seemingly good-aligned characters being evil... in a game that retains the plot twist of seemingly good-aligned characters being evil from the previous games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, in a series of more than 700 monsters, I find it pretty disappointing how none of them have been the Big Bad for any mainline game. We've had more than enough of humans abusing monsters, so why not go the opposite route?

I find the idea of Lusamine, who in and of herself is already psychotic, being horrified by a Pokemon acting of its own will just delightful. It's been seven generations, so show us a pocket monster that's straight-up malicious already!

Spoiler

Also, Game Freak better not go the Genesect Legend route with Mewtwo and make it separate from the one in Gen I/VI.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Forterror-Metallix said:
Spoiler

Also, Game Freak better not go the Genesect Legend route with Mewtwo and make it separate from the one in Gen I/VI.

Given what we know of Ultra Space and how it effectvely solidifies the Pokémon multiverse concept established in OR/AS, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they end up doing. Though really this would be more plucking the original Mewtwo from its own universe and not bullshitting a brand new one up from whole cloth like in That Which Shall Not Be Named.

And ultimately these Legendary encounters are probably going to be non-canon bonuses for the player's benefit (I seriously doubt Brendan/May canonically holds like 85% of the Pokémon pantheon), so it'd all be rather moot.

It's all the more curious to why Gamefreak hasn't been taking any cues from this

300px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Mystery_Dungeon_logo.

This is a thing, it exists. There've been Evil Pokémon before. Not cannon to mainline series mind you but, we've had a series dedicated to having Mons with ulterior motives.

Need we mention these three assholes?

200px-Team_Skull_art.png

(These guy suck by the way; in relation to the plot of the explorers games)

Game Freak tend to be very consistent with ignoring any games out of their scope, so if they weren't developed by the Pokemon Company then you're pretty much shit out of luck. The anime likely gets nods due to its sheer popularity (and longevity), and the only reason Professor Burnet was able to make the jump is because Dream Radar was a Creatures Inc product (and they're under the Pokemon Company umbrella). Referencing any other aspect directly or in terms of general ideas isn't likely. 

Even the flippin' anime had a pure evil Pokemon villain in Malamar. If the anime has the guts to do it, why not the mainline games?

• Thumbs Up 3

The games have nudged somewhat closer to the idea.  Though not main threats, Darkrai, as far as I can recall, has been consistently presented as independently menacing, and the same goes for the Ultra Beasts; once Giratina shows up in Platinum, it dominates events, and though not "evil," you can say the same about Groudon and Kyogre.  Pokemon has never had a Pokemon as the main inciting threat without it being at least disturbed by a human in some way, though, it's true, and it looks like Necrozma could be our first example of that.  ...With that said, I think "evil" is a bit of a difficult word to apply to Pokemon.  At the end of the day, they're just animals, doing what comes naturally to themselves; they may do things we perceive as wicked, but it's hard to say that they possess actually malicious intentions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Couple new tidbits have come out:

-Legendary Pokemon from past gens will be obtainable via the Ultra Wormholes, with Mewtwo being one of them.

-This one probably goes without saying, but this will be the final core series game on the 3DS.

A new part of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been revealed through an interview held by Eurogamer Portugal. Within this, it revealed that the points you earn from Mantine Surf can then be used to get items, and most notably have Move Tutors teach your Pokémon moves that they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon. This follows on from previous instances of Move Tutors being added in enhanced versions, sequels and remakes. At present it isn't clear if the points are also obtained through other methods or if the points are Battle Points. We'll bring more details as they come so keep checking back.

I'm still curious if you can catch the Wild Pokemon that appear in the waves.

• Thumbs Up 1

For anyone looking for a translation of that interview, here it is (spoilered for length, credit goes to this Reddit post):

Spoiler
  • Why did you decide to make these versions? You have announced a new game for the Nintendo Switch, so what's the reason for investing once more on the 3DS?

Shigeru Ohmori: We've been developing Pokémon games for the Nintendo 3DS since we released the X and Y versions and since then we've built a huge fanbase on the platform. Then we also made Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and felt that we had created something really good, that brought the 3DS to its limits at the time. After that we started preparing Pokémon Sun & Moon and decided to rework the system and build it again from the beggining. At that moment, we believed it was the further we could go. However, we have plenty of fans and we realised that there was much left to do with the Alola region and wanted to explore it more. Thus, we decided to try again and take the system absolutely to its limits and offer something new and exciting for the fans.

• Regarding the story, is it a sequel or an alternate narrative?

Shigeru Ohmori: These new versions are not a sequel like Black 2 and White 2. They are what we call an "enhanced version", just like the Emerald and Platinum versions in past generations. But this time we didn't want to do exactly what we had done before, in order to create a different and more surprising experience for the fans. With this in mind we decided to make two enhanced versions, this way you keep the experience of trading with friends. We hope that the players, whether they have or not friends who played Sun & Moon, get that experience.

• In X & Y you invested in Mega Evolutions, but after that, when you released Sun & Moon, you changed the focus to Z-Moves. What was the reason?

Shigeru Ohmori: In fact, in X & Y we created Mega Evolutions for several Pokémon, but when we were designing Pokémon Sun & Moon, it was the 20th anniversary of the series and we wanted to make something new and surprising for players. We also wanted it to be something any Pokémon could take part of. As you know, Mega Evolutions are restricted to certain Pokémon.

Eventually we came up with Z-Moves and any Pokémon can use then, leading to different strategies that vary from player to player. In the Pokémon World Championships there are players who resort to Z-Moves to complement their strategies. From our point of view, as producers, that's precisely what we were looking for, to change the battle environment and have people come up with new and unique strategies.

Kazumasa Iwao: Z-Moves will return in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, of course, but we wanted to upgrade them. Thus, the new Necrozma forms have, each one, a new Z-Move. Kommo-o also has a new Z-Move, which after being used raises the stats.

• The DexNav, one of the new functionalities of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, was one of the best additions to the Pokémon saga. But when Pokémon Sun & Moon came out, I realised it was gone. Are you going to implement it again?

Shigeru Ohmori: It was an idea that followed from Pokémon X & Y. In these games, every time you went to the green zone of the grass, you'd find new Pokémon you hadn't seen before. On the other hand, in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire you didn't have so many, so if the same set of Pokémon kept appearing, like Zigzagoon, the players wouldn't have interest in going to the grass, one of the central aspects of Pokémon.

Bearing that in mind, to turn things more interesting, we created DexNav, showing the Pokémon that could appear in the area. It was one of the main reasons for implementing that functionality. However, it's not that interesting or useful if there is a great variety of Pokémon. In Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon there are many different kinds of Pokémon you can find, so we didn't implement the DexNav.

• In reality, DexNav was useful because there are Pokémon with hidden abilities, and that was an easy form to get Pokémon with those abilities.

Kazumasa Iwao: Well, regarding encountering Pokémon, there is Island Scan, a feature that existed in Sun & Moon and that will be back in the new versions to help you encounter rarer Pokémon. There is also a new feature, thanks to a more powerful and useful version of the Rotom Dex. One of its utilities is RotoLotto, that enhances certain special effects in the game like easier Pokémon capture or the reduction of steps to hatch the eggs.

• In the first versions, after defeating the Pokémon League, we could explore new parts of the region and capture the various Ultra Beasts. Regarding the end game, what will be different in these new versions?

Kazumasa Iwao: In the previous games you had Solgaleo and Lunala, the two Legendary Pokémon of Sun & Moon. This time you can ride these Pokémon and explore the Ultra Wormholes. As you may know, Solgaleo and Lunala have the ability to open these portals and in the new versions you'll explore what's inside. At the other side, there is the Ultra Beasts' world, where you'll be able to find them. In addition to the Ultra Beasts, there are other places where you can find strong Pokémon. For example, Mewtwo is in the game.

Still with regard to the post game content, there is much more content after the main story ends. For example, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon have 100 small events you can find navigating the map. There is really plenty of content in these versions for the players to enjoy.

• Is Necrozma an evil Pokémon? Until now we have had powerful Pokémon used by malicious people for evil purposes, but Necrozma seems to be the first truly evil Pokémon. It's all black, and it even stole all the light in Ultra Megapolis.

Kazumasa Iwao: It's a great question! Until now, in the Pokémon series, as you said, we never depicted any Pokémon as being necessarily evil. In Necrozma's case, depending on your perspective, you may think it's evil, but in other point of view it may be not. In fact, there is a natural conflict with the characters that appear in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

• Has anything change in Festival Plaza? I think it is a bit confusing and did not understang its purpose. I know you could train Pokémon, but Poké Pelago was an easier and more effective system.

Shigeru Ohmori: The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games.

Regarding Poké Pelago, we're happy to know you liked it. There were some changes this time to make it even easier to evolve there your Pokémon. We hope you'll like the changes.

• Back to Necrozma. On the one hand we have Pokémon and on the other hand we have Ultra Beasts. Is Necrozma the missing link between these two types of creatures?

Kazumasa Iwao: We didn't give that particular role to Necrozma, but regarding the Ultra Beasts, you'll be able to visit their world. By doing that you'll learn more about them, where they live and why they exist. You'll also find out what type of relationship Ultra Beasts have with people as you progress with the story.

In one of the most recent videos we announced UB Adhesive, which comes accompanied by the Ultra Recon Squad. This Ultra Beast has a different relationship with people and you'll find out more about that on Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's story.

• I felt that with Pokémon Sun & Moon you moved away from the traditional formula and risked more. Is this your plan for the Pokémon game for the Nintendo Switch and the future of the series?

Shigeru Ohmori: We make Pokémon games since the Gameboy era and we always have had a connection with the hardware we were developing for. The Gameboy was portable and you had to use the link cables to play and trade with friends. Then, with the advance of technology, Gameboy Advance came out, where you had a wireless adaptor to battle and trade wirelessly. Eventually 3DS appeared, with funcionalities like Streetpass and a wireless comunication environment.

Whenever technology evolved, Pokémon followed that evolution. We have always advanced together with time. It's one of the philosophies we have when we develop a new Pokémon. However, despite this progress, we still have these central elements, which are Pokémon, their capture, battles and growing up with them. This is the core of Pokémon and what we want to do for the series's future.

• I realised you added a Surf minigame where in the end, depending on our performance, we get a score. Is there any reward for completing this activity?

Kazumasa Iwao: As you saw, in Mantine Surf you can resort to several techniques to reach higher scores. At the end you receive points and you can use them to pay the Move Tutor, who can teach you Pokémon different moves they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Moon. You can also trade your points for useful items.

There are many places where you can do Mantine Surf, namely areas that link two islands. We want players to use this activity to help them progress during the story.

So TL;DR: Game Freak thinks you don't want the DexNav because there's more Pokémon now, there are mini-events scattered throughout the map, they shrug and say, "I 'unno, what do you think?" on Necrozma being a villain, and Alola Photo Club is integrated into Festival Plaza, which has a new battle feature.

There's another interview that's largely the same, but does mention that the Ultra Recon Squad apparantly tried to control Necrozma in the past, but something went wrong and that's how it took Ultra Megalopolis's light (great jorb, guys). There's also another interview which supposedly mentions that one URS pair wants to control Necrozma for its power while the other wants to stop it, but for the life of me I can't find it.

• Thumbs Up 1