Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

I think Dragozma is a form gotten through the use of a Z-Crystal by the sounds of it, so the Dusk Mane and Dawn Wing forms still have their place competitively if they can use items.

Spoiler

Perhaps... but still, it looks pretty bland, and the best designed form is now as useful as regular Kyurem (i.e. not at all), and that saddens me :C

At least the Kyurem problem of "only one form at a time" is averted for him, at least.

Spoiler

Yea, Dragon Necrozma can only be used after you used it's exclusive Z-Move. So it's like Power Construct Zygarde basically

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

GameFreak why.  (Leak spoilers.)

Hide contents

No new Alolan Forms...  I guess the writing had been on the wall for a while, but I just couldn't fathom how they could miss such an obvious draw.  They had about the same development gap as they got to add a dozen new Mega Evolutions to ORAS, but instead we just got more legendaries to add to the pile of legendaries they aren't doing anything with anyway.  What a waste.

So that's a letdown, but from what I've heard then the story is quite different, and that's a large part of what I'm in for.

Yeah. I felt this wouldn't have been the case but now that I know for sure, it's likely I'll be skipping these. I'd rather either get G/S on the 3DS VC or cross my fingers for Crystal sometime in the future. Plus I still have SoulSilver and White 2 to play, so...

I never want to say never since I still love these series but I don't give two shits about new legendaries or brand new battle facilities, and because I already have Sun I just don't see the pressing need to go out and buy these at all. I feel torn over this because I have never deliberately skipped a major Pokémon release before, but it looks like this'll be the one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm interested enough in the new content to at least buy it day 1, but yea...the lack of substantial content is egregious. Hopefully there's something I'll enjoy when I get it next week.

5 hours ago, Cayenne said:
Spoiler

"National Dex is not available in this game. The full Alola dex picture is uploaded here. (Warning: ~15 MB!)"

Dammit. One thing I was hoping for that seemed like a glaring omission from the original Sun and Moon was the National Dex, so it's definitely a disappointment it's being skipped again. Though not nearly as disappointing as the lack of new Alolan formes (which was such a great idea but fell short bar a handful of them). After the Team Rainbow Rocket reveal and all the Legendary Pokémon returning, I was starting to feel better and more excited about these games, but this takes the wind out of my sails again. I'm sure I'll still get and play US/UM, and I'm still interested in what they might do with the story so I'm avoiding spoilers for that right now, but the games seem rather lacking. Maybe not quite as lacking as OR/AS were for me, but the new additions fall short if you've already played as much of last year's games as I did.

I do think the new Mythical Pokémon looks neat, but I'm wondering if it will be implemented into the existing S/M or it's going to be exclusive to US/UM?

I think the point of removing the national dex from the games is to give it to Bank for all future titles. It does blow ass that long-running features such as the national dex and transferring Pokémon are now locked behind a paywall, but it does mean that finishing the dex has become a cumulative, permanent accomplishment from here on out. All you'd need to do is catch the brand new Pokémon to consider Bank's dex complete, which I'm a fan of.

It's annoying that there's no offline or free alternative to Bank, but I'd take it over doing stupid transfer minigames again like in past gens. The entire process is nicely streamlined now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Spoiler

I'm very disappointed  that there isn't any new alolan forms or barely any new pokemon at all. I have mixed feelings on Zeraora, it just looks like a lucario clone than anything(its shiny is better than the original tbh). Ultra Necrozma is meh, just another pokemon trying to be a dragon. The only thing I like are the new Ultra beasts. I'm trying to be excited as much as I can, but sadly, I cannot. I should just wait for gen 8.

Spoiler

I'm loving all these things, honestly. I can hardly wait for USUM! I'm a little disappointed Looker has even less relevance but I'm just glad he's still around at least. Zeraora is right up my ally. Can't wait until it's officially released! Just one week to go!

Mimikyu's Z Move is officially revealed and it's hilarious.

EDIT: Here's the English Trailer and information

MimikiumZ_RGB_300dpi-nextto-FairiumZ.png

Mimikyu's exclusive Z-Move is called Let's Snuggle Forever! Mimikyu will be able to use this Fairy-type Z-Move if it knows the move Play Rough and is given a piece of the exclusive Z-Crystal Mimikium Z to hold.

Up until now, Mimikyu’s Play Rough could be powered up into the Z-Move Twinkle Tackle if Mimikyu was holding a piece of Fairium Z. Twinkle Tackle was a powerful Z-Move in its own right. But the Let’s Snuggle Forever Z-Move that can be unleashed in Pokémon Ultra Sunand Pokémon Ultra Moon, thanks to the addition of the new Mimikium Z, is a hugely powerful move that outshines even Twinkle Tackle. Don’t let its cute appearance fool you!

When Mimikyu’s wishes are in sync with its Trainer’s, it comes up behind its target, enveloping it in the cloth that it wears. Then it uses its full power to show its opponent a little “tough love.”

Have Mimikyu hold a piece of Mimikium Z and use this new exclusive Z-Move to show your rivals that you’re on a different level!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Spoiler

I'm pretty bummed there aren't new Alolan forms since it would've been the kicker for me to absolutely get either one or both  of the Ultra versions.

But you know me, I simply can't skip a mainline Pokemon game, so I'll just pick my copy from a local store on Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've asked for the game as a gift, which lets me feel as if I'm not spending money personally on a title about which I have a couple of regrets.  I'll be playing it a little later than most people, but that'll allow time for the encounter charts to show up on Serebii and other places where they'll be more legible, so I can start to plan an interesting team in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

After the recent trailers, I'm finally convinced to buy this game, Ultra Sun specifically. 

I want to run a team full of normies (Normal pokes only) with Porygon as my starter (and evolving it as a regular starter would...if i can trade with my Moon copy lol). But I have a feeling I'd be forced to use a legendary during the story and post-game.

Also I hope I can trade battle items to the new game as I don't want to suffer through the Battle Tree again haha.

Welp, Reviews are starting to go up:http://www.gameinformer.com/games/pokmon_ultra_sun/b/3ds/archive/2017/11/15/pokemon-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-review-3ds-game-informer.asp. An 8.5 from GI and to give an impression of what they thought: "The things that are new make Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon feel like a director’s cut; entire storylines and characters that did not make it into the original release appear here, and the editing makes certain elements flow differently (and often better)."

In other words, pretty much what US and UM have looked like from the beginning: rehashes.

Move spoilers

Gen I Pokémon

• Sandshrew (regular and Alolan) get Hone Claws as an egg move.
  • Paras gets Grassy Terrain as an egg move.
  • Abra gets Psychic Terrain as an egg move.
  • Oddish and Bellsprout get Strength Sap as an egg move.
  • Ponyta gets High Horsepower as an egg move.
  • Farfetch'd now gets First Impression and Final Gambit as an egg move.
  • Grimer (regular and Alolan) get Power-Up Punch as an egg move.
  • Cubone gets Curse as an egg move (probably added for Alolan Marowak).

Gen II Pokémon

• Feraligatr gets Liquidation as a tutor move.
  • Hoothoot gets Mean Look and Hurricane as egg moves. Good for Noctowl.
  • Ledyba gets Endure and Counter as an egg move.
  • Hoppip gets Strength Sap as an egg move.
  • Wooper gets Power-Up Punch as an egg move.
  • Aipom finally gets Tail Slap as an egg move.
  • Girafarig gets Psychic Terrain and Psychic Fangs as an egg move.
  • Delibird gets Counter as an egg move. Hmm...
  • Azumarill gets Liquidation as a tutor move.

Gen III Pokémon

• Zigzagoon gets Extremespeed as an egg move.
  • Plusle and Minun get Tearful Look as an egg move.
  • Numel gets Heavy Slam as an egg move.
  • Mawile, Kecleon, and Cacnea get Power-Up Punch as an egg move.
  • Tropius gets Dragon Hammer as an egg move.
  • Zangoose gets Belly Drum as an egg move.
  • Swablu gets Play Rough as an egg move.
  • Roselia gets Power Whip as an egg move.
  • Chimeco gets Crafty Shield and Perish Song as egg moves.

Gen IV Pokémon

• Very important, Bidoof now gets Mud Sport as an egg move!
  • Turtwig gets Heavy Slam as an egg move.
  • Chimchar and Buneary get Power-Up Punch as an egg move.
  • Piplup gets Power Trip as an egg move.
  • Riolu gets Meteor Mash as an egg move, so Lucario now has a somewhat better physical STAB for steel. Bullet punch is nice, but it's nice to have something with a bit more power.
  • Spiritomb gets Disable as an egg move.

Gen V Pokémon

• Serpior evolution line gets Defog as a tutor move.
  • Tepig gets Burn Up as an egg move.
  • Oshawott gets Sacred Sword as an egg move.
  • Bouffalant gets Cotton Guard as an egg move.

Gen VI Pokémon

• Chespin and Froakie get Power-Up Punch as an egg move.
  • Fennekin gets Psychic Terrain as an egg move.
  • Flabébé and Dedenne get Tearful Look as an egg move.
  • Spritzee gets Nasty Plot as an egg move.
  • Swirlix gets Sticky Web as an egg move.

Gen VII Pokémon

• Decidueye now learns Phantom Force, Leaf Storm, and Shadow Sneak.
  • Litten now learns Double Kick at level 16, and gets Power Trip as an egg move.
  • Yungoos gets Ice, Fire, and Thunder Fang as an egg move.
  • Cutiefly gets Powder and Sticky Web as an egg move.
  • Wishiwashi gets Whirlpool as an egg move.
  • Dewpider gets Sticky Web as an egg move.
  • Toxapex gets Knock Off as a tutor move.
  • Sandygast gets Curse as an egg move.
  • Pyukumuku gets Spite as an egg move.
  • Tsareena learns Power Whip at lv 53. Truly living up to the S/M name, since it also learns Punishment now.
  • Silvally gets Frenzy Plant/BURASTO BURN/Hydro Cannon as a tutor move.
  • Kommo-o learns Close Combat at lv 75 (Hakamo-o at lv 63), and gets Low Kick and Drain Punch as tutor moves.
  • Mimikyu and Buzzswole get Drain Punch as a tutor move.
  • Tapu Bulu gets Synthesis as a tutor move.
  • Kartana gets Knock Off as a tutor move.
  • Zeraora learns Close Combat at lv47. Why wasn't it made an Electric/Fighting type??

See any of these pokemon potentially becoming viable from these new moves? 

Disappointingly, my understanding is that they haven't amended one of my biggest but easiest to fix complaints, which is how long you have to wait to evolve Vikavolt and Crabominable (and related magnetic/icy Pokemon).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, at least those who have access to a played Sun or Moon game can transfer to evolve, but yeah, Pokemon encountered as early in the game as those ought to be fully evolveable in their own games earlier.  Not that I had much interest in Crabominable, but The Vikavolt line was my main Electric (and Bug) go-to, and it really hurt not having a fully evolved Pokemon well before I finally made the canyon.

I went to a local store today and was hoping for 39,95€ price tag but HOLYFUDGE they were 49,95€!

I simply won't spend my money on these for full price, just wait them get a price drop. If only I didn't play Sun and Moon for hundred hours already.

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

Disappointingly, my understanding is that they haven't amended one of my biggest but easiest to fix complaints, which is how long you have to wait to evolve Vikavolt and Crabominable (and related magnetic/icy Pokemon).

2 hours ago, Thrippa said:

Well, at least those who have access to a played Sun or Moon game can transfer to evolve, but yeah, Pokemon encountered as early in the game as those ought to be fully evolveable in their own games earlier.  Not that I had much interest in Crabominable, but The Vikavolt line was my main Electric (and Bug) go-to, and it really hurt not having a fully evolved Pokemon well before I finally made the canyon.

According to this guide PokeCommunity put out it looks like you can get Vikavolt much earlier at Blush Mountain rather than Vast Poni Canyon

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, that's fantastic!  I guess the sources I was looking at hadn't updated yet; I assumed people would be quicker off the mark in establishing this.  I've done some digging around since, and everyone's been kicking this rumour back and forth for days, bickering over whether it was true or not; it sounds like Crabominable got promoted too, but it's still not clear if you can get Glaceon any earlier.  Well, well, even though I'm sure it's a small thing to some, to me it actually shows that GameFreak are paying genuine attention to detail.

• Thumbs Up 1

A small thing, but a welcome one. The save button is technically outside of the menu, just like Pokeball access on the battle screen. X then Y allows you to save now. No more navigating for button users.

Two hours in and just got the Rotomdex. I'm loving the new battle themes, even if they did catch me off balance at first.