Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

People are expecting Solgaleo to be some sort of lion which would kind of make some sense cause of...

Everything-the-light-touches-the-lion-ki

But I wanna say its kind of sort of a reference to Galileo but who's to say?

• Thumbs Up 2

If Solgaleo is a lion then I'd love to see Lunaala as a black panther. Or a wolf. That'd be thematically more fitting actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

The rabbit hole actually goes deeper, as it turns out: Serebii says the names were registered back in February and weren't actually registered by GameFreak, but apparently this would match the format of how they trademarked some Pokemon names during the X/Y build-up.  Several other possible Pokemon names have also been identified.  Details have been collated here:

Spoiler

The other speculative Pokemon trademarks are Marshadow, Mokuroh, Ashimari, and Nyabby.  There's also something called Gigareki which is actually a GameFreak trademark - and thus by the logic of the leak probably isn't a Pokemon!

2 hours ago, DarkLight said:

Reveal hidden contents

If Solgaleo is a lion then I'd love to see Lunaala as a black panther. Or a wolf. That'd be thematically more fitting actually.

Spoiler

Talk is that "ala" is Latin for "wing," so there's speculation we're looking at a Sun lion and a Moon bird.  Pyroar and Cresselia v2?

Edit: Why do carriage returns work so horribly on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

Those are probably just different ways of describing the same release period per region.  After aiming for near-simultaneous releases for the Gen VI games, I can't see them going back to staggered releases.

• 2 weeks later...

If they're setting an actual time, I'm thinking it may well be a video as opposed to a generic press release or site update - that and they're using videos to announce things more often anyway, these days.  Elsewhere I've seen it pointed out that the box legendaries are a good bet, since Coro Coro seemingly had to pull back on revealing those recently, so that's my bare minimum expectation - but some gameplay snippets don't seem out of the question, either.  Maybe also the other Pokemon whose names were possibly copyrighted recently?

Ok, that means we're not going to get trolled or super teased this time. I hope.

I'll keep my expectations rock fucking bottom this time. I'll expect them to reveal the silhouettes of the mascot legendaries' left feet and nothing more

• Thumbs Up 4

I just wanna see the Trainer designs. Maybe the starters but I don't care about the baby versions that much. XP

I'm confused. Is there going to be a direct, or are they just telling us to look at their previous direct, because that's what the link leads to. 

19 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

I'm confused. Is there going to be a direct, or are they just telling us to look at their previous direct, because that's what the link leads to. 

Maybe they want people to catch up with the previous reveal if they missed it and get ready for the upcoming one? That's what it sounds like, anyway.

3 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

There's going to be something. It would be interesting if it turns out to be a full Direct, though, and they were just saying "stay tuned for news" since a Direct wasn't officially announced yet.

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Maybe they want people to catch up with the previous reveal if they missed it and get ready for the upcoming one? That's what it sounds like, anyway.

But this is my guess. Its just going to be a random reveal online, or maybe a small video presentation to show it off.

5 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

I thought the tweet was pretty confusingly-worded, too, especially since there was basically nothing about Sun/Moon in the Pokemon Direct, but they certainly aren't confirming another one.  If that was what we were getting, it would've been stated more explicitly; contrast to the announcement of a (Japanese) Direct for Culdcept Revolt, on a date slightly farther away.  Analogy suggests that if we were getting a Pokémon Direct, that's what they'd have announced.

November 16th in NA
November 23rd in EU
November 18th in AUZ

Litten is probably going to be a badass Dark/Fire tiger with his final evolution.

Humans have more normal proportions.

Region is based on Hawaii and is called Alola.

Looks like there's more behind the back camera angles and they don't look terrible like in X/Y.

The Starters:

Rowlet

iGKgc1q.png

CATEGORY    Grass Quill Pokémon
HEIGHT          1'00"
WEIGHT         3.3 lbs.
TYPE              Grass/Flying
ABILITY          Overgrow

Rowlet can attack without making a sound! It flies silently through the skies, drawing near to its opponent without being noticed, and then lashing out with powerful kicks. It can also attack from a distance using the razor-sharp leaves that form part of its feathers.

9dFkOmq.png

Its visual abilities are impressive. The darkness of night is no obstacle to Rowlet! It can twist its neck nearly 180° from front to back so it can see directly behind itself. It has a habit of turning its head in battle to face its Trainer and receive instructions.

The move Leafage attacks an opponent by striking it with leaves. Rowlet knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Litten

YcrrcfP.png

CATEGORY    Fire Cat Pokémon
HEIGHT          1'04"
WEIGHT         9.5 lbs.
TYPE              Fire
ABILITY          Blaze

Logical but also passionate, Litten always remains coolheaded and doesn't show its emotions on the surface.

6kMSLkf.png

Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

When the time comes for Litten to shed its old fur, it all burns up in a glorious blaze.

The move Ember attacks an opponent by firing a small flame at it. Litten knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Popplio

zHli5mv.png

CATEGORY    Sea Lion Pokémon
HEIGHT          1'04"
WEIGHT         16.5 lbs.
TYPE              Water
ABILITY          Torrent

Popplio's swimming speed is known to exceed 25 mph. It's better at moving in the water than on land. Still, when it's on land, it takes advantage of the elasticity of its balloons to perform acrobatic stunts and jumps.

XL0FX50.png

Popplio can snort out balloons made of water! Watch it spin water balloons into a playful battle strategy!

Both frivolous and hard-working, Popplio can easily get carried away—unleashing enough power in battle to make quite a spectacle! But Popplio’s determined spirit means it can usually be found practicing hard on its balloon skills.

The Water Gun move attacks an opponent by firing a jet of water. Popplio knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, that grass starter is the only dual type, though it does make sense for an owl to at least be part flying type.

Also saves the need for those who do go with it to hunt for the early bird.

Looks great so far.

DIFFERENT SKIN AND HAIR COLOR YOOOOOOOOOOOO

They even gave the third one dark hair like me! :D

I'm picking Litten BTW it's mine now

Also the Japanese trailer hit me emotionally for some reason.

Good to see the skin tones are returning, although the back of my brain wants to know how he bought a Japanese copy in what was apparently a US store.  And the Legendaries look really good.  The starters all look a bit comical which is good.

Starters have a feel of "Been there, done that", but I like them well enough.  Love the legendary designs.  The Sun one (probably Solgaleo) looks like something out of Digimon Tamers.

I gotta say, I really like the simple character designs. Especially the kid I assume is the main rival (Kid with the yellow shorts).

Now I just gotta hope I can be super pale and have dark brown hair, just like in real life.

2 minutes ago, Thrippa said:

Good to see the skin tones are returning, although the back of my brain wants to know how he bought a Japanese copy in what was apparently a US store.  And the Legendaries look really good.  The starters all look a bit comical which is good.

You can choose the language since X/Y

But you can't play a US game in a Japanese 3DS.  Although, I didn't know you could choose Japanese now; I thought it was still limited to English, Spanish and French.