Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

1 minute ago, Thrippa said:

But you can't play a US game in a Japanese 3DS.  Although, I didn't know you could choose Japanese now; I thought it was still limited to English, Spanish and French.

Oh lol

Well the obvious answer is that Nintendo is getting rid of region locking and are using this video to secretly hint at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I guess I'm going with Moon and Litten, unless the other 2 have better fully evolved forms.

Hey, remember how in XY the starters had a bit of a theme going on with them being Paladin/Mage/Ninja classes? From these Popplio is obviously a clown and Rowlet has a bowtie like a magician. I wonder if they're going for an entertainer theme or something similar. I wonder how Litten would fit into that. Fire Breather/Eater?

Also, I know this is a generic comment, but is it me or does the Lion legendary look like a Digimon? I swear I remember a Digimon who looks very similar.

HQ Box art:

YYV17db.pngsxDYOZE.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, its my first Pokemon game so im going by appearence mostly soooooo....

I will go with Sun and Litten. And  is it me or does the protagonist look REALLY skinny?

I'm probably gonna go with Moon and Litten

This game's looking good, but I'm not digging the fact that the region is called "Aloha". I think you could be a little more creative than that imo.

5qLoGlT.png

Look, no hat! I hope this means I can actually take it off this time.

18 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I'm probably gonna go with Moon and Litten

This game's looking good, but I'm not digging the fact that the region is called "Aloha". I think you could be a little more creative than that imo.

It's Alola, actually.

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

5qLoGlT.png

It's Alola, actually.

Ah, I see.

I've been viewing the video on a small phone, so it looked a lot like "Aloha."

Is this the first time there has been a globe available rather than a local map??  :o  ^_^

Maybe it doesn't pop up into a map but it does look possible.  i just don't remember any official map existing of where all of the regions exist in relation to oneanother. 

Odd, I think this is the first time where I find myself loving the starters while being on the fence regarding the legendariess (usually it's the other way around). Same with the reigon being based off Hawaii - never been a fan of hot tropical areas. I'm probably going to pick Moon on the principle that I prefer the night. I'll wait for the evolutions before making final judgement on who I'll pick, but Rowlet and Litten are competing for that spot.

Though looking at Litten's cheeks, I wonder if it'll evolve into...

Spoiler

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/2/2b/EggmanSoni%26KCollection.png/revision/latest?cb=20130302195757

• Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, Marcello said:

5qLoGlT.png

We were hatless in the beginning of XY, too.

But since we're not in our PJs, it could mean anything.

I'm loving the starters. Especially Rowlet since it's the first flying starter since Charizard. But as usual, I'll wait till I see the final forms until I make a choice. As for what version I'm getting, it's Sun. Hands down.

• Thumbs Up 2

They made the maps and characters big sized and less gamey. Just like I requested.

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME. Thank you based Game Freak.

• Thumbs Up 7

c1zoyiJ.jpg?1

320px-XY_Olympia.png

Why is Olympia a legendary?

My first impression of the starters was a bit underwhelming but 4x Ice weak starter and Ow the edge cat are growing on me. With that said, I don't see any cool nor cute future coming from the sea lion considering its clown theme...

I'll still love and train it... eventually.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually like all the starters a lot. I'm hoping that it means all three will not become bipedal, I think bipdedal starters are way overused and I think having unique things like an actual Flying type bird will be interesting.

Everything else is okay I guess, it's Pokemon and looks like Pokemon.

Now all we need is confirmation of a Mega Flygon, and all will be right with the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Azoo said:

They made the maps and characters big sized and less gamey. Just like I requested.

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME. Thank you based Game Freak.

Haha, I didn't even notice that :lol:.

So some new Info on Sun & Moon finally rolled-out heh? Lets see what I think.... The box legendary Pokemon be boring to me. The first form of the 3 starters are.... Err alright to me... the base trainer designs = meh, hopefully the customizing is far better on them this time. The game's art style is back to the taller X&Y look... which doesn't matter to me, I was fine with the chibi look of Omega Ruby personally, and I'm not as much a fan of free-roam moment in RPGs, blocky game moment appeals to me more in most RPGs. Overall nothing exciting or cool to me yet.

Ehhhh... I am digging the new Legendaries, especially MOON BATTRA but not the starters.

I really love Rowelet for sure, its most likely going to replace a lot of love for the other starters for me personally. The other two are ok.

So it looks like I'm going the goth route with BATTRA and OWLCITY.

tumblr_o6yw87frU81vq57ooo1_1280.png

Thank goodness....and there's already fanart of the starters

tumblr_o6yw4idofm1s8cccuo1_1280.png

Created by tymkiev

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

[picture]
Thank goodness.

On that note, I saw this on NeoGaf, confirming you can change your clothes:
CiGFAN4W0AAAv_I.jpgCiGFAOWWUAAbkT3.jpg

And this comparing what we've seen of Alola to Oahu:

hpBVUet.jpg

As for fan art, I thought this one was funny:

v35f5Di.png 

• Thumbs Up 4

3407052-BNFH5C3NBo4j4Fot.jpg

I, too, have made fan art. Litten is BEST fight me

I like how we aren't chibi on the world map anymore. That's awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/26/2016 at 6:10 PM, Moppsy said:

My initial guess as to what irl local they'll base it on was SE Asia or something around the area. A lot of tropical vibes.

/vp/ got eyes of steel.  Glad to finally get some information though.  I love what I see so far.

I'm pretty impressed.  The region design looks a lot more immersive, more like a place than a series of connected straight lines at right-angles; it's hard to say for sure right now, of course, but it seems so much more organic, and that's really what I was hoping for.  It also seems pretty likely that there'll be multiple islands, too, as the first map looks very small; I wonder if the game will let you Surf between them later, or if you'll have to Fly or take boats?  Of course, that's assuming HMs still work as they always did, though we cross our fingers for them to get changed every game.  I'm annoyed that we have another tropical region right after ORAS, though, not least because tropical themes don't do much for me.  Maybe Gen VIII will be wintry again, sigh...

The new Pokemon are pretty good.  Rowlet is obviously the star of the show, with a very cute design.  Litten - I didn't really see it as edgy, even though a lot of other people seem to have gotten that vibe, but actually there's something strange about its design that I can't quite put my finger on.  I think it's the contrast between its tones of black and red, and the dominance of the former...  I definitely agree that it'll end up as a tiger, though, and of a very different character than the Sun box legendary.  Popplio is very silly but that's important as well; no idea what its evolutions will look like, though.  Solgaleo and Lunaala (probably) are pretty good; they give a kind of majestic vibe that still manages to distinguish them from Digimon, at least in my opinion, and I'm glad they steeled themselves and went with a bat legendary rather than yet another bird, though in retrospect a Moon-based bat is a pretty obvious decision.

So.  Positive signs, and I'm definitely interested.  It's just a shame that, once again, all of Europe is getting punished for a handful of stores leaking XY three years before...

35 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_o6yw87frU81vq57ooo1_1280.png

Cool, am happy the skin can go even darker this time. Would be nice if we could choose hair color regardless of skin also. :^)

Hopefully there will be salons as in XY so you can change your hair and eyes to the desired color.  It would be nice to start with the right color of everything though.  Why everyone always assumes blue eyes have to go with blond hair I don't know.  No one in my family is blond and we are all green or blue eyed.