Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

I just finished watching the trailer and gonna say that actually I liked what I saw so far.

• The character models have a more realistic proportion this time, so do the environments it seems.
  • Digging the looks of the Legendaries, although I don't know which version to pick yet.
  • I like the Starter Pokemon, I can't wait to see what their evolutions will be.
  • I like the simple design look of the main rival (I think) and hope he's gonna be a lot of fun to battle.
  • Did they actually bring back the clothes customization feature from X/Y? Or is it just you swap colors of your main outfit and that's it? I'm hoping it's the former though...
  • OMFG we can pick different skin tones again! I know what I'm picking. :D

With that said, now I just gotta wait for some more info to come out in the future.

To those wishing Moon Legendary was a rabbit instead of a bat, I'd like that too.

But...Digimon had Digimon World Dawn and Dusk years ago on the DS. And their mascots were Apollomon, a lion, and Dianamon, a rabbit.

While it's just a coincidence, I'd rather not have Digimon fans try and claim Pokemon is copying Digimon or something.

Also, I just realized something.

In the ninth Pokemon movie, a Buizel, an otter Pokemon, was a member of a traveling circus. Oshawott, another otter Pokemon, evolves into Samurott, a seal lion. Popplio is a sea lion that is a circus performer.

Have we come full circle?

For some reason, Litten makes me see ringmaster more than a fire breather or circus tiger...even though it's literally both of those things.

Also the comparisons between Bat thing and Olympia/Count Bleck seem apt to me; not only can I see the cape resemblence, the thing that looks like a rib cage makes it look more  like a spectre.

• Realistially porportioned overworld character models over the chibified ones in Gen 6
  • More detailed and natural looking environment, region itself may seem small visually but given its based after Hawaii there may very well be more to it
  • Trainer now visible during battle
  • Sun's Legendary straight outta Zoids, Moon's straight outta Klonoa; both interesting designs 
  • Kinda feeling Rowlet and Litten (seems to be the favorite out of the three) but poor Poppilo in a Oshawott situation all over again
  • Character customization is back(?)
  • Based on its source region theres a chance we could FINALLY get a DOLPHIN POKEMON 

Honestlythis makes Gen 6 look even more of what Gen 4 was to Gen 5 but hell I'm more looking forward to these games over XY. 

tumblr_o6z9tzbslC1suni9po5_500.gif

Professor Hala looks a fusion of Birch and Rowan

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_o6z9tzbslC1suni9po5_500.gif

Professor Hala looks a fusion of Birch and Rowan

I was hoping the guy in the white coat was the professor.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I think that's your cousin.

tumblr_o6z8btxU9e1umsqrzo2_540.gif

51 minutes ago, Eitarou said:

To those wishing Moon Legendary was a rabbit instead of a bat, I'd like that too.

But...Digimon had Digimon World Dawn and Dusk years ago on the DS. And their mascots were Apollomon, a lion, and Dianamon, a rabbit.

I just looked this thing up and disappointingly, Dianamon isn't a rabbit. It's based on the Roman God Diana and in general looks like some generic anime mecha angel thing. Like, I get that the crescents on her helmet look sorta like rabbit ears, but outside of that if we weren't doing comparisons I would just think "Night Angel" or something. On top of that, the Sun Legendary (imma call him Liger Zero) doesn't look all that much like Apollomon sans being a lion. Even the color schemes are different, despite Liger Zero more than likely being part fire and thus inviting the designers to just throw orange everywhere like on Apollomon.

Spoiler

And honestly, why would Nintendo care about what the Digimon fandom thought if they did go with a rabbit when that franchise has been irrelevant for years now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone talking about new Pokemon in this and I'm just

me.png

If they actually give it a real story (which I know they won't, but y'know), this will trump my nostalgia for Diamond by a long shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

He's Kukui, which is also a tree. So he's Hala's son?

If so, he's Juniper 2.0.

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

It's Hawaii, so it's probably not literal.

Speaking of which, where are the Lilo and Stich/Rocket Power jokes? C'mon guys.

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I just looked this thing up and disappointingly, Dianamon isn't a rabbit. It's based on the Roman God Diana and in general looks like some generic anime mecha angel thing. Like, I get that the crescents on her helmet look sorta like rabbit ears, but outside of that if we weren't doing comparisons I would just think "Night Angel" or something. On top of that, the Sun Legendary (imma call him Liger Zero) doesn't look all that much like Apollomon sans being a lion. Even the color schemes are different, despite Liger Zero more than likely being part fire and thus inviting the designers to just throw orange everywhere like on Apollomon.

Hide contents

And honestly, why would Nintendo care about what the Digimon fandom thought if they did go with a rabbit when that franchise has been irrelevant for years now?

If the rabbit connection is hard to follow. Look up its previous forms, Lekismon and Lunamon.

30 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Calling right now: he's the champion of this region's Elite 4.

Also, about the starters and the legendaries: they could have been better, but they're still acceptable to me. And of course, i'm gonna go with the Water type one, as usual.

42 minutes ago, Eitarou said:

If the rabbit connection is hard to follow. Look up its previous forms, Lekismon and Lunamon.

Only Lekismon looks like a rabbit. :X But my question still stands: Excluding the fact that no one owns mythological connections, why would Nintendo care about what the Digimon fandom thinks?

45 minutes ago, Eitarou said:

It's Hawaii, so it's probably not literal.

That's also true.

tumblr_o6zf09QPjO1suni9po2_500.giftumblr_o6zf09QPjO1suni9po1_500.gif

At least it's safe to say this is the Rival, though I hope there's 1 more.

tumblr_o6zb2h8I0f1vp4h0fo1_540.jpg

I've noticed people are making fun of the Female Trainer's hat...

• Thumbs Up 9

57 minutes ago, Eitarou said:

Speaking of which, where are the Lilo and Stich/Rocket Power jokes? C'mon guys.

Oh trust me it happened in the status updates.

I wonder if more hawaiian islands will show up.

Looking at the gifs really emphasizes how horrible the textures in this game are...

I wanna love it, really I do, right now? I can say I LIKE it... But I was hoping for a graphical boost akin to how X/Y shot the game outta the park.

I'm talking Pokemon looking the way they do in that Pokedex 3D thing, especially with the New 3DS out now and surroundings as beautiful and detailed as Mario 3D Land and the Zelda remakes.

With characters having full models this time instead of deformed chibi's, means we'll be able to see them in full, likely do a animated intro like in the 4th and 5th Gen games.

God dammit, I hope the Hex Maniac's are back, I want to see their eyes swirl. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like 3D models for Trainers in battle. As nice as the art for every Trainer was, it was also boring because nothing really happens.

As for the models, It annoyed me how inconsistent they were with them in the Gen VI games.

All the notable members of Team Flare (even the Grunts) had models, but only Maxie and Archie had them in ORAS.

Diantha had stock artwork (despite, you know, being the Champion), whereas Steven had a model.

And why didn't the Gym Leaders get models? Surely they're more important than random Trainers you fight on the field.

I'm totally choosing Moon with Rowlet because I'm an insomniac, owls are adorable fluff balls, and I love bats(duh) and characters with ethereal voids as parts of their body.

Jynx had better evolve into a Fire/Psychic hula dancer Pokemon by leveling up in intense sunlight or I riot.

I will accept a Rock/Poison fish Pokemon based on the stonefish from coastal Australia/Indo-Pacific as compensation if the original demand is not met.

So far I have quite mixed feelings about what I've seen. I like the more realistic looks given for the environment and characters. The starters seem the alltime worst ones to me but not gonna judge until I've played the game myself. I was hoping for graphics boost. That city part looks neat, though.

All the fanart and stuff I've been seeing for Rowlet and Litten

And Pipplio is over there in the corner twiddling it's flippers wishing it got that amount of love

Little did it know it will will make a comeback that would outrival Oshawott's AND Chespin's resurgence in relevancy among the starters just you wait little guy

Spoiler

#TeamIt'sLitten all day 

• Thumbs Up 1

So 5 out of 6 of the trademarks found last month have matching Pokemon, with the remaining

"Marshadow". I've seen speculation that this is the third big legendary of the trio; but, as someone on Reddit pointed out, it looks a bit like 'marshmallow' so perhaps it's diminutive rather than monstrous.

After watching GameXplain's video, I'm excited about island-hopping in this one. I remember wanting that back during the Orange Island arc.