Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

16 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_o6zb2h8I0f1vp4h0fo1_540.jpg

I've noticed people are making fun of the Female Trainer's hat...

I'm down for rocking the Feathers McGraw look, myself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Marshadow? Hahaha that sounds so Talonflame edgy yet if it's supposed to be play on marshmallow watch it be Dark/Fairy or something

Spoiler

That makes a lot more sense

Marshadow doesn't feel like a location name, although it could be just what a rough naming of this particular area on the island where you start off at

Then what does 'shadow' have to do with the namng then? Unless I'm slow and missing the meaning behind it

Well it's obviously made up of 'marsh' and 'shadow', but its similarity to 'Marshmallow' is unlikely to be an accident is all. Whether it means much or not.. *shrug*.

1 hour ago, TCB said:
  Hide contents

That makes a lot more sense

Marshadow doesn't feel like a location name, although it could be just what a rough naming of this particular area on the island where you start off at

Then what does 'shadow' have to do with the namng then? Unless I'm slow and missing the meaning behind it

NOW, IT'S TIME TO WITNESS THE POWER OF THE TRUE, ULTIMATE LIFEFORM

I dunno, maybe it's just a dark marsh area or something? Assuming it's a location, anyways/

Well we just got to wait and see don't we?

Although ,given the source behind this new region maybe there's more of a focus on exploration this time around? I just know that's not the whole region we saw in the trailer. Since Hawaii's geography includes many different islands I hope we get an island hopping adventure this time around. I once played a famgame with a premise like that and it worked well so GF can definitely make it worthwhile

• Thumbs Up 3

About the whole Marshadow thing.

It could be referencing Mars instead of a marsh considering that the legendaries are based on astral bodies. The Shadow part might might be a reference to an eclipse as well. Just some ideas/

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if it's been talked about yet but

city.jpgcliff.jpg

The way the camera is positioned in these two screenshots makes this new region feel much more fresher. I know it's been done before since BW, but since this is a fully 3D Title it strikes out even more for me. May sound silly thinking about how this is such a thing to look into, but AI really hope this kind of perspective is done for the game in general and not just in instances like this. This third person behind-the-viewer look heightens the adventure and exploration aspect, which at the time, the trailer has shown me.

Funny how a shift in perspective can open up your eyes so much more in a series like Pokemon but there you go.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 5/10/2016 at 9:13 AM, Failinhearts said:

but I'm not digging the fact that the region is called "Aloha". I think you could be a little more creative than that imo.

The Region. this time around seems to be set in a fictional Hawaii. previous regions were based on real locations. kanto was based on the entirely of japan or a state in japan(i don't remember that much eh) i think the region in the previous gen was based on new york city.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Beautiful Duwang-Chewchang said:

The Region. this time around seems to be set in a fictional Hawaii. previous regions were based on real locations. kanto was based on the entirely of japan or a state in japan(i don't remember that much eh) i think the region in the previous gen was based on new york city.

I'm aware that they're going for a Hawaiian theme, but I'm just not digging the name. It feels too...blatant? Not sure how to word it.

The name is actually Alola, which of course is a play off of the Hawaiian greeting of Aloha.

It's also retaining the naming convention of that long 'o' sound of previous regions I love that

• Thumbs Up 4

21 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Jynx had better evolve into a Fire/Psychic hula dancer Pokemon by leveling up in intense sunlight or I riot.

Phooey. Nobody wants to see Jynx in a skirt.

A poi-dancing Mega Evolution for Bellossom would be vastly Serperior.

i actually also think phoebe from gen 3 could possibly make an reappearance in this game. considering the setting. if she was supposed to be a characterization of a hula-girl(iam not too knowable of hula-girls, do their sexy-dancing have something to do with ghosts/spirits?) 

• Thumbs Up 1

CoroCoro revealed a trailer similar to the US one, however, it shows the trainer leaving his house and a unknown Pokemon over to the left at 0:12

tumblr_o74jsioMHq1ug9uz6o2_500.jpg

I see what you're pointing at.

pokemin_zpsda8bbalk.png

It kind of looks like some kind of deer if you ask me.

The tail definitely looks like a deer's, but the rest resembles a rather generic dog.  Whatever it is, it doesn't seem like it's going to set the world on fire.

33 minutes ago, FFWF said:

The tail definitely looks like a deer's, but the rest resembles a rather generic dog.  Whatever it is, it doesn't seem like it's going to set the world on fire.

I'm going to keep this post in mind for when whoever that 'mon is turns out to be the best Pokemon ever. You'll see. YOU'LL ALL SEE.

Spoiler

Or it learns flamethrower or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever it is, looks like our resident starting Normal type Pokemon alongside Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, etc.

EDIT:

Looking elsewhere some are seeing its deer-like attributes being based on the endangered species of Pudu

pudu11.jpg?w=560

• Thumbs Up 5

New screenshot:
lwkAuQl.jpg
Source

Looks like some battles will have spectators. Pretty cool. The arena looks much nicer than XY's. The new life bar is pretty stylish compared to what we usually get.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, if that guy has the starter weak to yours, is it going to be another dual-rival situation where the opposite-gender player avatar gets the starter strong to yours?  I can't remember if we knew this already or not.  I prefer that set-up, though, as it always feels wrong for one of the starters to sit the whole game out locked in a Pokéball.

I hope this means we get full 3D cutins/battle cuts for important battles like Gym Leaders, evil team, and Pokemon League,although this could be a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 1

People have found icons for Ground and Fighting in the Japanese site, making some people think Litten might become a Fire/Ground type and Popplio a Water and Fighting type.

• Thumbs Up 1