Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Rumor: The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games

So if you don't have Bank or the Gen 1 Rereleases, you can't get the Alolan Versions ingame?

That would suck for some people, but it's not like they haven't done this before.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yeah, I can definitely believe all those rumors.

Hide contents

Haha, I love Generation I Pokemon but any other generations going to get regional variants in Alola...?

Also, I just thought of something regarding regional variants...if we get Generation IV remakes, might we get "Sinnohan" variants of some Pokemon? That would be fun.

I'm going to assume the DP remakes (which will happen, no doubt), will likely release on a later system.  It's always been the case for remakes, so I wouldn't bet much money on the chances of Sinnoh variants happening, at least not in this generation.

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

So if you don't have Bank or the Gen 1 Rereleases, you can't get the Alolan Versions ingame?

That would suck for some people, but it's not like they haven't done this before.

More like if you don't have a means to get the Pokemon from prior games yourselves, you can't get that specific regional Pokemon in SM without someone trading it to you.

IE, you can't get Fire Vulpix in SM without having it transferred. You can still get Ice Vulpix though. Which makes thematic sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm doubting Mega Evolutions will be gone entirely. You can't just throw away an entire gameplay mechanic tied into the game world's history and all the character designs that come with it like that and just pretend none of it ever happened - doesn't seem like something Game Freak would do (especially when you factor in Rayquaza and its unorthodox way of Mega Evolving). I'm of the opinion that the Z Moves are a more universal alternative - even if a Pokémon can't Mega Evolve, it can still use one powerful attack to be as threatening as one for a turn.

As for the normal variants being past-game exclusive, I can't say I don't see that happening. I guess if it's any consolation, maybe breeding them in Sun/Moon will still give out their parent's forms? I mean, that's the case for Sawsbuck's forms.

Spoiler

And branching evos for the starters would be a pretty novel idea - just please let Litten's alt evo be something cool/cute, and not just "slightly less brawny abomination".

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega Evolution is almost certainly post-game. No way they'e throwing it out.

Also:

FRpu3TW.png

And from the TCG Jungle set around 20 years ago:
kBmKJyU.jpg

9 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

As for the normal variants being past-game exclusive, I can't say I don't see that happening. I guess if it's any consolation, maybe breeding them in Sun/Moon will still give out their original forms?

No. Breeding Alola Vulpix/Ninetales will get you a Alola Vulpix. It doesn't otherwise make sense. Original versions will have to be transferred over.,

• Thumbs Up 6

I wonder if Crystal Onix will finally be a thing?

Also, I'm not sure what this is...

tumblr_ob8gkoiDKv1v7qz9co1_1280.jpg

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

No. Breeding Alola Vulpix/Ninetales will get you a Alola Vulpix. It doesn't otherwise make sense. Original versions will have to be transferred over.,

I was referring to the old-gen forms, not the Alola ones :U

You're probably right about Mega Evolutions, allow me to dream

Spoiler

I do kinda miss branching evolutions, it seems like they haven't had many in a long time, so it'd be somewhat exciting if the starter evolution rumor was true.

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

That charm has the same colours as the elements of the bird dancers and what is assumed of the guardian Pokemon (Electric, Fire, Psychic, Ghost), so I'd assume it was related to the Island Trials.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

Man, Crystal Onix should've been Steelix's Mega Form :-/ Could've been Steel/Fairy or something.

Just now, Spin Attaxx said:

Like, breeding the old versions makes the old versions? Yeah, that's how it'll work, but breeding Alola versions will get you the Alola versions.

3 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Again, you have to transfer that Pokemon from an older region and generation into SM to get that regional Pokemon in SM.

You breed an Alola Vulpix, you get an Alola Vulpix, because the Pokemon has biologically adapted to that climate. A Vulpix that has spent its life in Kanto or Hoenn is not going to instantly change forms on a whim upon transfer. Molecular adaptability doesn't work like that.

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Like, breeding the old versions makes the old versions? Yeah, that's how it'll work, but breeding Alola versions will get you the Alola versions.

1 minute ago, -Robin- said:

Again, you have to transfer that Pokemon from an older region and generation into SM to get that regional Pokemon in SM.

I know. That's what I said.

my question at the moment is will these Ahola pokemon be transferable to future pokemon games and still retain their Ahola forms dispite it being a different region?

My only concern about there being too many Alolan variants of old Pokemon is that, if there are too many, there's a chance that there might only be a slimmer number of actual new Generation VII Pokemon - like how we didn't get many Gen VI Pokemon because a lot of them were Mega Evolutions.

32 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Looks like Pokejungle got a hold of some more rumors. http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/01/chinese-rumor-leaked-starter-evolutions-confirmed-true/

Reveal hidden contents

• The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
  • Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
  • Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
  • Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
  • Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
  • Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
  • Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
  • The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
  • Furfrou gets new styles
  • New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
  • There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
  • Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter

...Some of this sounds good, but the two of those which are once again exactly the opposite types to the original are just silly.

Just now, kirby1up said:

my question at the moment is will these Ahola pokemon be transferable to future pokemon games and still retain their Ahola forms dispite it being a different region?

Alola variants will almost certainly remain so upon transferring - like, for instance, Red and Blue Basculin, or Eastern and Western Shellos, or male and female Meowstic.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

The bottom one say "OK! I'll give you this 'Proof of Island-hopping' needed for you to participate", so as VEDJ-F say, it's for the island trial or a tournament.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Wait.

How does Alola Vulpix evolve into Alola Ninetails now?

Yes....although I'm not sure if you still need a Fire Stone...unless they introduce some new ones.

Good question, but I'm going to go with it being the same method.  If it's different, they might as well just flat-out call it a new Pokemon.

I can imagine some kid in-game wondering why it needs a Fire Stone to evolve when it's an ice type. That is, of course, if only the Alolan Vulpix appears main game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I come in 10 minutes and I see the place is burning. Hold on I'm getting my 2 cents before throwing in my thoughts about Litten's final evo leak.

So I don't know what to think about the news so far. It shows newer forms for older Pokemon and I'm not offended since I don't hold Gen 1 in high regard, just confused by it. I guess it helps them match Ahola's color palette more. The new Pokemon look neat I guess but nothing stood out other than FUKING DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION BURB but I digress.

As for Litten becoming a Fire Tiger Wrestler, I'm actually ok with. I've been starting at the art of the leak and I can confirm its going to be Fire/Dark instead of Fire/Fighting despite its appearance. Its based off Heel Wrestlers instead of the Faces in like Machamp and Hawlucha and heel wrestlers often employ dirty tactics on their opponents when the ref isn't looking which describes how the Dark type fights with moves like Foul Play and Sucker Punch. Looking at the concept art you'll notice its using a fire move from its belt which is considered to be a weapon and cheating and if its coloring is right its spitting out green mist like some wrestlers like Tajiri in recent memory to blind their opponents. It also seems to be throwing something at Pikachu confirming its ok with weapons or some kind of outside interference. It does seem to light opponents on fire when its doing its moves while goes back to Litten's hairs being hot is another way of showing its ok with doing anything it can to get the upper hand. Its colors are also red and black which are considered to be evil colors too as opposed like red and blue ala Superman. Heck even some of the basic Dark moves like Bite and Taunt are illegal moves so it looks like its going that route to being a bad guy for sport.

I honestly thinking we're taking Litten to face value (pun not intended) so I can see why you would be disappointed but I have a feeling that GF learned its lesson from 3 straight gens of Fire/Fighting and throwing us a curve ball. I think Sun and Moon are trying to break our expectations of everything and Litten becoming a heel wrestler would be one way of doing so. To be frank that kind of reaction is the kind Litten would want since it wants to be boo'd for playing dirty and again I'd be happy with it if my theory holds the test of time just for having a Fire/Dark Pokemon. With that said I might grab me a Litten and name it Triple H because I love making silly name references.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

Looks like Pokejungle got a hold of some more rumors. http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/01/chinese-rumor-leaked-starter-evolutions-confirmed-true/

Reveal hidden contents

• The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in the game
  • Alolan Rattata & Raticate are Dark-type
  • Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
  • Alolan Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam are Fighting-type
  • Alolan Nidoking & Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
  • Alolan Growlithe & Arcanine are Water-type
  • Alolan Doduo & Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
  • The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
  • Furfrou gets new styles
  • New cat Pokémon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
  • There is a new snowman Pokémon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
  • Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter

The rumors also say that there's a dolphin Pokemon. If it's true, then it's about damn time

• Thumbs Up 1

It could just be coincidence, but Mallow's color scheme and the hibiscus in her hair makes me think of Shaymin.

492Shaymin-Land.png

Maybe there's no connection, and being a mythical Pokémon, I shouldn't get my hopes up, but it'd be cool if Shaymin somehow got a new forme...!

As for everything else, I'm loving the idea of regional variants of original Pokémon, and I want both an Ice Vulpix and an Ice Sandshrew so badly right now. I hope some other generations get represented, but I dig what I'm seeing so far.

Huh. So Popplio 

Spoiler

turns from circus performer to mermaid seal siren thing?

Wonder what the rationale behind that career change is.

Wonder what Ice Sandlash's and Ice Ninetales's Hidden Abilities will be.

They obviously can't be Sand Rush and Drought after all.

Ninetales could get Snow Warning, but there's no Hail contemporary for Sand Rush yet. Since the bio says Ice Sandslash are slower and heavier than Ground Sandslash usually, but become super fast in icy terrain, maybe they'll make a new ability for that purpose?

• Thumbs Up 1