Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

I'm still hoping for a more polished and vibrant looking world between a cross of Super Mystery Dungeon and ORAS.Ā 

As for the overworld character models...I liked them. If Game Freak can round out the models akin to how they were in, say, Battle Revolution detail-wise I'm all for that.

Mind you, I'm saying I did like the chibi-fied models; in my opinion it was a definite step up from the sprite work.Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diamond said:

Ummmmm... a pretty strange question, but because the game would beĀ similar to XY and ORAS, should i get this for my first Pokemon game?

Pokemon's really easy to get into. You don't really need to play any prior games to get into the series. The only thing to really get used to is the older games mechanics if you decide you want to go back to play the older games after trying out the newer ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

I need to buy a 3DS now...I want this game... I need to know how it is...to catch em all...Um...guys, where are you leaving? Oh, come on! It was just a joke...

13 minutes ago, Mikgenes said:

tumblr_o35udaBsUw1r6wywso2_1280.png

this one right? i see a kid that looks like red but i am not sure if it is the player character

Ā 

That's it. I want the chibi's dropped in favor of the characters looking more like they do in the artwork. This aggravated me especially in X/Y when you change outfits and see the normal design only to look like crap in-game again. (And the hats, what's up with forced hats if you're supposedly able to customize...?)

This looks pretty descent, and if the whole game gets a graphical boost akin to that art, I'll be pretty happy. But I still think it could look slightly better. I really want them to improve the way the grass looks because some things just don't look right in X/Y and Omega/Alpha.

Maybe make the grass sway in the breeze at least...?

The graphics in X/Y and Alpha/Omega should have been done on the DS instead. Pokemon Inc. has been WAY too slow in dropping nostalgia and actually improving the quality of their games besides the Pokemon/features leaving the graphics underwhelming for the most part.

There were swaying effects in some parts of the more grassy regions in X&Y and ORAS wasn't there?

Graphically I see the transition from X&Y -> ORAS -> S&M in the same way like D&P -> Pl -> HGSS, with each successive game in the 4th Gen looking better visually and graphically as the last.Ā 

As for my thing with Pokemon, I don't know if I am going to try it. Black 2 was my first game into the series and then I kinda played Black and White and then played a little X/Y. I thought X/Y were boring though and the characters seemed dry to me. Plus it felt like Miiverse in a Pokemon game.Ā 

I hope this game will be interesting though.

1 minute ago, TCB said:

There were swaying effects in some parts of the more grassy regions in X&Y and ORAS wasn't there?

Graphically I see the transition from X&Y -> ORAS -> S&M in the same way like D&P -> Pl -> HGSS, with each successive game in the 4th Gen looking better visually and graphically as the last.Ā 

I'm talking about the grass you run through, not the "breeze-ish" effects used for the ground in the game. it doesn't look right for the grass to be completely still nowadays. Especially when even the trees sway.

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm talking about the grass you run through, not the "breeze-ish" effects used for the ground in the game. it doesn't look right for the grass to be completely still nowadays. Especially when even the trees sway.

Oh that's what you meant. That would be a neat little effect, yeah. Breathe a little more life into the overworld.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TCB said:

Oh that's what you meant. That would be a neat little effect, yeah. Breathe a little more life into the overworld.

Yes.

I just feel like after they transitioned to 3D they've tried to leave certain things in the games for nostalgia sake that just doesn't look/feel right to me, especially the stiff characters that never move whatsoever, and when they do move they STILL look stiff and programmed with jerky movements when they change directions, and the still grass and such.

What I mean by that is... A character sitting or standing still... They should kind of move like they're breathing, a subtle sway to them perhaps, maybe a random stretch or yawn animation... And when they're moving around, such as swimmers, turn at an angle instead of abruptly changing direction in a snap or something...

There's various nitpicks I have, but said nitpicks mainly revolve the awkward nostalgia pandering graphically in the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm excited.

I never played any of the 3DS Pokemon games, but my sisters have, and they loved it. I also likeĀ how Gen 1 Pokemon can be transferred to Sun and Moon.

Now the question is... is there amiibo support?Ā :P

29 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I'm excited.

I never played any of the 3DS Pokemon games, but my sisters have, and they loved it. I also likeĀ how Gen 1 Pokemon can be transferred to Sun and Moon.

Now the question is... is there amiibo support?Ā :P

Ā 

0ad.gif

I hope to god not... I'm getting sick of it, especially after the Twilight Princess HD thing Nintendo is pulling, it's starting to get out of hand.

Ā 

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I hope to god not... I'm getting sick of it, especially after the Twilight Princess HD thing Nintendo is pulling, it's starting to get out of hand.

0ad.gif

To each their own. I just want to do more with my large figure collection.

Perhaps something like tapping the amiibo of aĀ specific Pokemon allows you to capture it. Perhaps it could have special moves or something. That's just me, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

To each their own. I just want to do more with my large figure collection.

Perhaps something like tapping the amiibo of aĀ specific Pokemon allows you to capture it. Perhaps it could have special moves or something. That's just me, though.

I see a terrible future where Nintendo uses this method for rare/legendary Pokemon, otherwise keeping them unobtainable...

Pay to capture.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I see a terrible future where Nintendo uses this method for rare/legendary Pokemon, otherwise keeping them unobtainable...

Pay to capture.

I don't want Nintendo to make them unobtainable or anything, but perhaps give them special moves they wouldn't learn otherwise or something.

Just now, Failinhearts said:

I don't want Nintendo to make them unobtainable or anything, but perhaps give them special moves they wouldn't learn otherwise or something.

I'm afraid that's what Nintendo would likely do, again referencing a whole portion of Twilight Princess HD locked away behind an amiibo.

Thinking about the 'and in 2016, it all comes together' line is just marketing talk and referencing how with RBY VC being able to connectĀ with Bank to further connect with Sun and Moon.

I also want to bring what was posted from another forum here; it's a stretch right?Ā Maybe Volcanion and Magearna may have some part to play in Sun and Moon. After all, the latter's appearance reminded others of Diancie, which is a Kalos Pokemon. At the same time Volcanion is as well, but for some reason I feel as though we may not get a western distribution for it in the Gen VI games, but in the Gen VII ones instead.

CcKmYQ-W0AAU080.pngCcKmY1UWEAIEltA.png

CcKmZjmXIAAlgmM.pngCcKmafeWwAANErN.png

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, TCB said:

Thinking about the 'and in 2016, it all comes together' line is just marketing talk and referencing how with RBY VC being able to connectĀ with Bank to further connect with Sun and Moon.

I also want to bring what was posted from another forum here; it's a stretch right?Ā Maybe Volcanion and Magearna may have some part to play in Sun and Moon. After all, the latter's appearance reminded others of Diancie, which is a Kalos Pokemon. At the same time Volcanion is as well, but for some reason I feel as though we may not get a western distribution for it in the Gen VI games, but in the Gen VII ones instead.

CcKmYQ-W0AAU080.pngCcKmY1UWEAIEltA.png

CcKmZjmXIAAlgmM.pngCcKmafeWwAANErN.png

Ā 

Huh... interesting... Yeah, I can see that.

Personally I'm glad it's a new generation game and not Pokemon Z as I'm ready to put X/Y and its inferior graphics in the past.

PokĆ©mon Bank is gonna need someĀ serious legality checks in place for RBY, especially since its checks are kind of shoddy to begin with

I'm also curious as to how abilities,Ā special stats, and even gender will be determined when transferring. It's crazy how they're making it so that gen1 is actually compatible with 6 but it wasn't with 3 onwards.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really curious to see how Sun & Moon is really going to turn out, the Pokemon riding on the vehicles, and also what region this game will take place in, if it still takes place in Kalos.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

PokĆ©mon Bank is gonna need someĀ serious legality checks in place for RBY, especially since its checks are kind of shoddy to begin with

I'm also curious as to how abilities,Ā special stats, and even gender will be determined when transferring. It's crazy how they're making it so that gen1 is actually compatible with 6 but it wasn't with 3 onwards.

It's no wonder why the Pokemon brought from RBY through Bank is only compatible with Sun & Moon. The internal data for Pokemon stats/IV/etc will have to be reassigned and determined.

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hmm. Is itĀ possible that they rewrote the code for RBY to include hidden attributes that aren't in effect in Gen 1 but are in future games? Like, say, you catch an Abra with a "jolly" nature, but it obviously doesn't affect anything in the game, but once you transfer it to the Bank, it'll read said attribute and translate it to Sun-Moon?

As far as move restrictions, yeah I don't know. Aside from preventing you from uploading the Pokemon at all, it could be that they'll just remove the move altogether during the transfer.

12 minutes ago, Omega Pipe said:

I'm really curious to see how Sun & Moon is really going to turn out, the Pokemon riding on the vehicles, and also what region this game will take place in, if it still takes place in Kalos.

Gonna have mah Gardevoir and Lopunny ridin' along. lol XD

...I'm not that way, honest...