Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

So...that was weird...and cool.

Also the Z-moves reminded me a lot of the Naruto UNS' Ultimates. Specially the water type reminded me of this

Wait, back in the old days, sandshrew and vulpix were exclusive to Blue. So does this mean they might be exclusive to Moon. And since their counterparts were Ekans and Growlithe I wonder if this means if they'll get Alolan forms.

Granted Pokejungle said this might be true for Arcanine but it's a rumor.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

It could just be coincidence, but Mallow's color scheme and the hibiscus in her hair makes me think of Shaymin.

492Shaymin-Land.png

Maybe there's no connection, and being a mythical Pokémon, I shouldn't get my hopes up, but it'd be cool if Shaymin somehow got a new forme...!

As for everything else, I'm loving the idea of regional variants of original Pokémon, and I want both an Ice Vulpix and an Ice Sandshrew so badly right now. I hope some other generations get represented, but I dig what I'm seeing so far.

Is it wrong for me to hope that Shaymin will make an appearance in this game considering when they first teased gen 7 last year they said that flowers will factor in the future of the franchise? 

Spoiler

Popplio's evolution is cute, and Rowlet looks awesome. Litten reminds me of one of the Cheetahmen. But I think they're all far from terrible

• Thumbs Up 3

The next bit of Sun & Moon news is due to com on Friday August 12th at 10:00 JST

Awesome! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in the game

Okay how are they going to explain this game canon wise? They can't call it "Ash-Greninja".

Also:

The gym system seems to have been replaced with the island challenge. Trial captains will challenge you and specialize in certain types. They seem to have tasks which may or may not also be accompanied by battles. Each island has a Kahuna, or final leader, which must be beaten and also a totem Pokémon.

Wat? No gyms?!

Wait, that totally sounds like it was lifted from the Orange Islands arc and how their Gym Leaders worked.

I'm still really hyped up over the region variant Pokemon. I'm now wondering if some Pokemon from other generations get the region variant treatment like a water/fire type Magcargo (to represent underwater volcanoes) or a water type Hippowdon (makes sense since real life hippos live in water).

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it still needs to be said and elaborated that Alola SANDshrew and Alola SANDslash are ice Pokemon that are also weak to Ground.

Can't even hide behind the Japanese names this time. Sandslash is called Sandpan, and Sandshrew is, literally, Sand.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

I think it still needs to be said and elaborated that Alola SANDshrew and Alola SANDslash are ice Pokemon that are also weak to Ground.

Can't even hide behind the Japanese names this time. Sandslash is called Sandpan, and Sandshrew is, literally, Sand.

I also want to add that the inspiration for them, the Pangolion, doesn't exist in cold places. They're mostly found in hotter environments like in Africa and Southern Asia.

While I think its a cute idea to make new adaptations for older Pokemon its kind of not as realistic with Sandshrew.

I personally believe that Minior is a pre-evolution to Solrock and Lunatone, two Pokemon which must be in Sun/Moon.  The question is, will they be there as Alola variants?

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

Okay how are they going to explain this game canon wise? They can't call it "Ash-Greninja".

It could just be like the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu and the Notch-Eared Pichu - just a unique gimmick Pokemon you can get that doesn't really mean anything.  Or, if Mega Evolution is still in the game, it could be Greninja's Mega Evolution...  Well, regardless, I think that's what it was designed to be, plus a few Ash-specific frills.

I'd be down with aloha forms replacing mega evolution, even though I still really like megas. And I'll miss Mega Mawile and shiny Mega Gardevoir in particular because those two are literally the best. If Mawile gets a region-variant I'll scream

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Freak also just gave themselves a golden ticket to make the remaining nine Eeveelutions in a single shot, with the ninth type being relegated to Eevee itself.

They'll have to stretch it a bit to justify Leafeon and Glaceon Alola evos, and there's a bit of a problem with naming conventions, but hey, with Alola Vulpix and Alola Sandshrew already defying their evolution method and naming convention respectively, the sky's the limit.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Ice Ninetails is too fucking cool.  ahahahahahaaa shuddup

I guess I can safely cross off Litten as being my starter Pokemon since those leaked evolution appear to be real.  The choice between Rowlet and Popplio is fucking rough because I adore both of their final evolutions.  I'm gonna need to see more Pokemon to figure out what exactly my team is going to be.

53 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Game Freak also just gave themselves a golden ticket to make the remaining nine Eeveelutions in a single shot, with the ninth type being relegated to Eevee itself.

They'll have to stretch it a bit to justify Leafeon and Glaceon Alola evos, and there's a bit of a problem with naming conventions, but hey, with Alola Vulpix and Alola Sandshrew already defying their evolution method and naming convention respectively, the sky's the limit.

Alola Leafeon can easily be Grass/Posion. 

54 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Alola Leafeon can easily be Grass/Posion. 

Eh, the Eeveelution's type gimmick is to convert from Normal to another mono-type. Dual Grass/Poison for Leafeon gets away from that.

Unless they would want to make ALL the Eeveelutions dual type for this. That'd be interesting.

Bug/Electric Jolteon (Pin Missile)
Ground/Ice Glaceon (Defense stat)
Water/Poison Vaporeon (Acid Armor)
Fire/Fighting Flareon (Attack stat)
Grass/Rock Leafeon (Defense stat)
Dark/Steel Umbreon (Defenses)
Psychic/Flying Espeon (Speed)
Fairy/Dragon Sylveon (Why not)

With a Ghost Alola Eevee.

Problem with that it just looks messy even looking at it. So, eh.

We've already seen Alola Eevee. It's the same as any Eevee. Chances are the same can be said about it's evolutions.

Question.

For Pokemon transferred from Bank via RBY VC how would their stats and moves play out once in Sun and Moon compared to say, Pokemon transferred from Gen 3 thru Bank into SuMo? Any changes?

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

We've already seen Alola Eevee. It's the same as any Eevee. Chances are the same can be said about it's evolutions.

Ah. Well, Exeggcute is the same despite Exeggutor getting a growth spurt. So it's still on the table for Eeveelutions.

3 minutes ago, TCB said:

Question.

For Pokemon transferred from Bank via RBY VC how would their stats and moves play out once in Sun and Moon compared to say, Pokemon transferred from Gen 3 thru Bank into SuMo? Any changes?

The Pokemon's Attack, HP, Defense, and Speed will be a 1:1 transfer, except for Pokemon like Pidgeot and Raichu who will have their stats like Speed adjusted to fit into the new Base Stat number from XY.

The RBY VC Pokemon's Special stat will most likely be split and distributed into SpA and SpD by the same algorithm used for transferring those Pokemon into GSC via Time Machine.

1 hour ago, TCB said:

Question.

I'm also wondering what natures and genders the VC Pokemon will be assigned.

So basically litten's final evolution is fire type of Tekken's King?

1440773-king_main_image.png

I guess that game's influence didn't stop at Pokken.

• Thumbs Up 3

Since the the theme of this gen is Sun/Moon I'll have to wait till release and get to the post-game to see who's the "star" of these games #inb4jirachi

I'm about halfway through that video now. I hadn't thought of the Ride Pokémon as potentially being replacements for HMs. That'd actually be a welcome change, if true. I've never understood their necessity when my Pokémon should be able to do these things naturally. Why do I need to teach, say, Blastoise or Lapras Surf when they should naturally be able to swim and allow me to ride on top of them? Or why does Machamp need to learn Strength when he should be able to just shove a boulder to the side based on his profile? Or, if I did have to teach them, why do they need to be part of the main movepool? This is also why I loved the Soaring Pokémon idea from OR/AS; I didn't need Fly taking up a move slot once that became available to me, and I could literally go anywhere thanks to that. If I have to earn a license to have these sorts of options available to me then I'm totally for it.

11 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

This is also why I loved the Soaring Pokémon idea from OR/AS; I didn't need Fly taking up a move slot once that became available to me, and I could literally go anywhere thanks to that. If I have to earn a license to have these sorts of options available to me then I'm totally for it.

As long as I can use fly to teleport places directly without going into an overworld to fly there, that's fine.