Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Well I was talking to one of my friends about the apparent leaked final starter evos and some interesting rumors and...

Spoiler

I think there might be some merit to there potentially being 2 different final evos for the starters. Why? Cause these actually look too "evil/dark" to be considered to be "good", by a design standpoint. Rowlet becomes a night assassin with a bow, Litten becomes a heel wrestler who fights dirty, and Popplio becomes a siren luring people and pokemon to their demise. So it could be possible there's a "Light" version of the final evos out there, especially since there's a big Sun and Moon theme going on here. If anything they might be breaking more expectations by giving us different versions of pokemon and how it plays compared to the others. Sun and Moon might as well just shake everything up right?

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Well I was talking to one of my friends about the apparent leaked final starter evos and some interesting rumors and...

Hide contents

I think there might be some merit to there potentially being 2 different final evos for the starters. Why? Cause these actually look too "evil/dark" to be considered to be "good", by a design standpoint. Rowlet becomes a night assassin with a bow, Litten becomes a heel wrestler who fights dirty, and Popplio becomes a siren luring people and pokemon to their demise. So it could be possible there's a "Light" version of the final evos out there, especially since there's a big Sun and Moon theme going on here. If anything they might be breaking more expectations by giving us different versions of pokemon and how it plays compared to the others. Sun and Moon might as well just shake everything up right?

Spoiler

Going with the Sun/Moon thing You think whichever evolution you get will be dependent on the time of day on top of their level requirement? I could see Rowlet becoming a ring master, Litten one of those big cats who jumps through flaming hoops (only of its own creation instead), and Popplio become a clown sea lion combo...or some kind of performer as the daytime counterpart to the maybe nighttime forms.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, Litten's final evo being Fire/Dark and based on a heel professional wrestler gets ALL MY BUYS BROTHER

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

Hide contents

Going with the Sun/Moon thing You think whichever evolution you get will be dependent on the time of day on top of their level requirement? I could see Rowlet becoming a ring master, Litten one of those big cats who jumps through flaming hoops (only of its own creation instead), and Popplio become a clown sea lion combo...or some kind of performer as the daytime counterpart to the maybe nighttime forms.

Spoiler

I could see it happening. Not to say any of the current designs leaked have nothing to do with entertainment since they do hold that theme at least but it would be kind of closer to what people expected.

14 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

We've got a new analysis.

So basically...

• MeleMele means Yellow
  • Hala is the Kahuna of Melemele Island and wears Yellow
  • Topu Koko is yellow and is a dual Electric Type
  • The Pom Pom Style Oricorio is yellow and also a dual Electric Type
  • Akala means Pink
  • The Pa'i Style Oricorio is purple, a dual Psychic Type, and may be from Akala Island
  • The Kahuna of Akala Island may wear pink and the guardian of the island may be a Psychic Dual Type
  • The Baile Style Oricorio is red, a dual Fire Type, and may be from the largest Island
  • The Island name for the largest island might mean red, the Kahuna of the Island might wear red, and the Guardian may be a dual Fire Type
  • The Sensu Style Oricorio is purple, a dual Ghost Type, and may be from the smallest island
  • The Island name for the smallest island might mean purple, the Kahuna of the Island might wear purple, and the Guardian may be a dual Ghost Type

That may explain this object.

tumblr_ob8gkoiDKv1v7qz9co1_1280.jpg

• The colored orbs are the same order as the Oricorio Styles revealed
  • The different sized triangles represent the islands, with the Red one being the biggest island and the purple one being the smallest (though admittedly, the yellow and purple triangles look like they could be the same size).

These 4 colors also seem to appear on sign on routes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who's up for more SM rumors? So the guys at Pokejungle recently came across a rumor from some "leaker" on an image board stating that there will be only 103 new pokemon in Moon and Sun and some interesting details that seem to be in line with the Chinese leaks.

alola-dex-rumor.jpg

One of the mods of Pokejungle pointed out some things that the leaker clarified in his post, i'll quote him here..

For those that aren't aware, the suppose "leaker" provided some more clarification, as follows. (Remember this information is NOT confirmed)

Robinroot: Grass/Flying, Grass, Grass/Ground, Grass/Electric

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Poison

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic

Weruff: Rock/Dark, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy

Porprise: Water/Ice, Water/Steel, Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon

Darline/Darwisker: the fabled breed cats. Normal/Anything.

Snohom/Snorror, Rugrilla, Delfin/Porprise, Fungkie/Hallucid, Cumbersum/Anenemie all got mentions in previous leaks as well.

Malshadow has some kind of type-shifting ability, but i don't know any more on that at this time.

Pokejungle

There are so many rumours and leaks that there is absolutely zero value in paying attention to any of them until later information, legitimate information, lines up with them.  Anyone can make up a rumour or a "leak," and if they're at all competent, they will absolutely include information from previous rumours and leaks to create an illusion of corroboration which is actually mere unoriginality.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Does anybody know when the next Corocoro leaks? 

Generally the second week of the month, around Tuesday-Thursday if I remember correctly 

So... potentially this week?  And we're also getting guaranteed information on Friday, too.  They're rather spoiling us at the moment, a phrase which I suppose you can read in at least two different ways.

CoroCoro has leaked and FIREWAK IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL:

fog9bb.jpg

b547rd.jpg

Also a Dark-Type Alolan Meowth, Bewear's prevolution, a SAND CASTLE POKEMON, a fish, the evil team (Team Skull!), and a tease at Rockruff's evolution. (With all of the hinting, it's TOTALLY gonna be a Werewolf.) OH MY GAWWWWWWWWD THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. Deets from Serebii:

The little sandcastle is called Sunabaa while the big one is called Sunadeshiro. Both are Ghost/Ground-type. Pre-evolved Bewear is called Nuikoguma and remains Normal/Fighting-type. and the fish is Yowashi is Water-type and appears to have the ability to change its appearance into a larger fish. It also confirms Alolan Meowth & Marowak. Alolan Meowth is Dark-type while Alolan Marowak is Fire/Ghost-type. We also see the first bits of the antagonist team, Team Skull. Its boss is called Guzuma and the girl is Burumeri. It also confirms that next month's issue will contain a poster featuring Rockruff's "Secret Evolution".

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, Predabros CC14 said:

CoroCoro has leaked and FIREWAK IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL:

fog9bb.jpg

Also a Dark-Type Alolan Meowth, Bewear's prevolution, a SAND CASTLE POKEMON, and a fish. OH MY GAWWWWWWWWD THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. Deets from Serebii:

Makes me wonder if there's gonna be a haunted house episode once the anime gets to Alola where they get stuck in a giant Sunadeshiro.

• Thumbs Up 2

The big fish reminds me of that Smoky Progg from Pikmin.  I like it.  But I can't believe I never knew how much I wanted a sandcastle Pokémon until now.  The ghosts types for this gen have been nothing but excellent and that fire (and dark?) type Marowak is just the bee's knees.

So my thoughts on these Pokemon are pretty interesting

Firstly SAND CASTLE GHOST? Fuck it! Its a Ghost! I'm already sold! So expect to see one on my team. I think its kind of a spin of Yokai, being a ghostly sand castle gaining sentience.

Secondly I think the fish is pretty creative, becoming a school of fish resembling a bigger fish. It would be a great way to ward of predators huh? I think its a neat idea and I'd love to see how it looks like in action.

And thirdly the Ahola formes of Kanto's Pokemon. Let me get Marowak out of the way by saying its a MASSIVE improvement being GHOST/Fire which is a reference to the Marowak ghost btw. Also it does take away from Chandelure's uniqueness by existing but I shouldn't mind so much because it makes me love Marowak even more. And Dark Meowth looks pretty cool. He does look like he have some swag.

As for Team Skull they look cool. I wonder what motives they have.

Spoiler

Oh! One last thing! The Pokedex leak has been shattered by this Coro leak.

Bewear was said to be a singular Pokemon but its confirmed to have a Pre-Evo. They never mentioned the Sand Castle (being a Ghost/Ground) and the Fish. And from what I remember reading is that Marowak (now Ghost/Fire) and Meowth (Dark) weren't mentioned but no sign of things like Ratatta and Butterfree so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

So

Spoiler
  • Sunabaa= sunaba(sandbox)+baa("boo!")
  • Shirodesuna=shiro(castle)+de(of)+suna(sand), 
  • Yowashi=yowai (weak) + iwashi (sardine, btw their kanji is a combo of "weak"& "fish")
  • Nuikoguma=nui (nuigurumi is a plushie)+koguma (bear cub)
  • Kiteruguma=kiteru(coming?)+kuma(bear)
  • Odoridori=odori(dance)+dori(alt. version of tori, bird)

The fish one says "single form" "school form". That is so cool...first thing that came to mind was Swimmycef58d0adb50b66991d9ec20e89f044c.jpg

I wonder how it works.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Dark-type Meowth

The Meowth line, Persian in particular, is one of my favorites from Gen I, so to see an upgrade by way of Alolan forms is a treat. Dark typing sounds perfect and I can't wait to see how it differs from its OG cousin. This one is instantly going on my team, and I hope it's not a version exclusive.

Wow, there's basically nothing to complain about in this leak at all, it is genuinely all good.  Literally my only complaint is that Team Skull look kinda lame so far, but realistically, we know nothing about them.  I wonder what their deal is?  Are they just pirates?  It might make sense for them to be just plain old criminals like Team Rocket, since Sun/Moon is going big on its Gen I references.

Actually, on that same note, it's seeming increasingly likely that Alolan forms are all going to be for Kanto Pokemon.  It's not particularly plausible in-universe, but I can accept that, it's an anniversary, it helps to narrow their focus.  Maybe Alola's first contact with the outside world was with Kanto explorers or something.  I have to admit I'm not all that big on how every Alolan form other than Exeggutor completely changes its typing, but Alolan Marowak has a solid concept and there was never really anything particularly Ground-type about it anyway.  Was it because it had bones?  Are bones Ground-type?  Beats me, but now it's learnt to use ghostly fire, and, as pointed out above, a Ghost-type Marowak is also a Gen I reference.  I wonder if Alolan Cubone is still Ground-type?  Hard to say, but given that there'll almost certainly be a Dark-type Alolan Persian, it's possible.  Dark-type is also kind of a reference to Meowth's history in the franchise and its association with Team Rocket in the anime, as well as, let's be honest, to cats and their sneakiness in general.  I just wonder why the Alolan royal family would breed Meowth into a type that's literally called "Evil type" in Japan...

The dinky little fish has a cute design but its giant school form is excellent; fantastic concept.  It's the first time we've really had a proper school of fish in Pokemon, and this function makes total sense within a universe where three Digletts in the same place count as a completely different Pokemon.  It's the Zygarde of the sea.  And the sandcastle Pokemon is something I never knew I wanted; again, amazing concept.  Feels like a better version of the Vanillite line, which I hear a lot of people disliked.

They're knocking it out of the park this gen.  I wonder if Friday's new official update will cover this stuff?

• Thumbs Up 5

Sand castle: Pretty neat. Someone on Neogaf said when it gets hit by water it becomes a pure Ghost type, so that's pretty cool.

Baby Bewear: Don't like Bewear, don't like this.

Fish: I like the School Form. If this has decent stats, I'll use it on my team.

Alolan Meowth: Nothing special, but it's not bad.

Alolan Marowak: I like it. I was hoping for something with a more tropical coloring, but this is alright. This'll almost certainly be part of my team.

Team Skull: Maybe a bit too punk, but the boss looks alright. I need to find out more of them first, though.

The moment I saw the designs for Team Skull I marked out.  They look outta the norm that I would have thought for an antagonistic team (seriously the dude I'm really digging his look)....but appearances are one thing. Motives/character interaction is another.

Wouldn't it be something if Ash or one of his buddies catches the Dark type meow th? And I think Marowak has found itself a spot on my team.

LSxovkU.jpg?1

A sacrifice hath been made to the almighty sandcastle ghost.

But yeah, I saw Fire Marowak coming. Didn't expect it to be part-Ghost, though, and if that's a nod to R/B/Y, then even better. Liking Alolan Meowth moreso than normal Meowth, and hopefully these guys do end up being just as good or better than them (coz let's face it, Alolan Exeggutor, Ninetales and Sandslash were largely outclassed by their regular forms as far as typing goes).

EDIT: Also something I realised - the past generations went back and forth between having large and small numbers of Pokémon. I think that if the Alolan forms are any indication, Gen VII will be the first odd-numbered gen to have a low amount of original Pokémon (I think at this point Game Freak are realising that adding 100+ Pokémon with each generation is asking a bit too much of people as far as "catch 'em all" goes, so they compensate by adding new versions of old Pokémon, which both are and aren't new Pokémon).

Pikachu getting sucked into the sandcastle is hilarious.

Aloha Meowth is shit though, and the obsession with Gen 1 is getting out of hand. Watch the first Gen and maybe Gen 4 (because Lucario and evolutions of Gen 1 Pokemon) get all the fuss and Gen 5 get fucking nothing. Would it kill Gamefreak to give Gen 5 something? Gen 5 Pokemon got uniformly the most shafted by the new type chart, got one Mega (which is the most useless one in the entire game, go figure), and doesn't seem to be getting anything new here either.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Semi-colon e said:

Pikachu getting sucked into the sandcastle is hilarious.

Aloha Meowth is shit though, and the obsession with Gen 1 is getting out of hand. Watch the first Gen and maybe Gen 4 (because Lucario and evolutions of Gen 1 Pokemon) get all the fuss and Gen 5 get fucking nothing. Would it kill Gamefreak to give Gen 5 something? Gen 5 Pokemon got uniformly the most shafted by the new type chart, got one Mega (which is the most useless one in the entire game, go figure), and doesn't seem to be getting anything new here either.

I would sacrifice so many Pikachus to the sandcastle spirits if it meant we'd get Mega Bisharp and Mega Gigalith.

• Thumbs Up 4

22 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

I would sacrifice so many Pikachus to the sandcastle spirits if it meant we'd get Mega Bisharp and Mega Gigalith.

And an Alolan Steel/Dragon Hydreigon , as that was going to be its original typing.

• Thumbs Up 2