Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

45 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I dunno, that looks like poor Mimikyu to me rather then Pikachu given the shape

It's pikachu. Notice the ears are sharp, while Mimikyu's ears are a bit tipped....

About the new pokemon, they look really cool! Seeing one based on a sandcastle was kinda suprising tho...

So the 'mon that the genwunners are gonna complain for this generation is a sand castle. Eh, could have been worse.

You guys ready for Alola Marowak to beat you senseless with physical Fire/Ghost moves? Don't forget that Thick Club is still compatible with it.

Heaven help us if this thing get Shadow Sneak.

@Gen 1 Pokemon being the only ones with Alola forms:

1) 20th anniversary stuff

2) People can get Gen I Pokemon for just 8 bucks on the 3DS eShop via RBY VC and transfer them directly over to Sun and Moon without need for a second console or repeated transfer for the first time in the series. Kanto Pokemon need something to stand out to justify the transfer, and making Gen I Pokemon in Alola completely different to require transfer to obtain the original forms is one justification.

Also, Shirodesuna literally translates to "It's a sandcastle, isn't it?" in English. Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

OK I dunno if it was translated at Serebii, but some translations (the picture's blurry so some part is guess):

• Sunabaa: a sandpile gained a soul and became a pokemon. They're actually very frightening?!
  • (the pic with the pikachu: They drain life from other Pokemons, and the victims become another Sunabaa...)
  • Shirodesuna: It pretends to be a sand castle. Rumors say their defense is impenetrable?!
  • Nuikoguma: Very popular among children and ladies! You truly should meet one when you're at the island!
  • (the small pic of Nuiko: they dislike being touched. They will thrash around in defense/intimidation)
  • Kiteruguma: They were already strong as Nuikoguma, but now evolved they are even more stronger!
  • Yowashi: Small and frail?! But when it calls their friends....
  • (school form:when they form a school, they change into the monster/devil of the sea!
  • Odoridori: There are different forms of them on each of the four islands

Region forms:

• Meowth: They became this form as the Royalties/Nobles of Alola raised them.
  • Exeggutor: They grew and grew bathing in the sunlight! It has the top-class impression (I can't make out the words here)
  • Marowak: They seem to change their form to combat their predators
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm a bit worried though about the possibility of no new Mega Evolutions: so far none have showed up and we have instead this batch of alternate first gen 'mons as the "new" factor. I hope we'll get some for this gen.

19 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

• Marowak: They seem to change their form to combat their predators

...Who the hell eats Marowak? Why would anyone try to eat Marowak? It has pretty good defenses and I don't know what could eat it, besides the obvious things like Groudon or something. I could kind of understand Mandibuzz but it would be more for its skull and bone than anything.

Unless Team Rocket is actually trying to cook up Marowak burgers. Considering they tried to sell Slowpoke's tail as a delicacy I wouldn't be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm curious what Pokemon preys on Marowak to make the adapt to a different typing....and become GHOST, seriously, that's adding more fuel to that cursed town of Lavender.

Also looking forward to Team Rockets Meowth interacting with the more sassy Alolan Meowth.

• Thumbs Up 1

My moneys on Bewear hunting Marowak.

Bewear can crush bones with a single embrace, and Marowak's head is a bony plate. Bewear is Normal/Fighting, which Ghosts are immune to. Bewear has the Fluffy ability, which Marowak's newfound Fire type can deal super effective damage on.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, Estinienskaven said:

I'm a bit worried though about the possibility of no new Mega Evolutions: so far none have showed up and we have instead this batch of alternate first gen 'mons as the "new" factor. I hope we'll get some for this gen.

It seems possible that Mega Evolution will be in the postgame of this one!  There is a definite emphasisis so far upon the various unique requirements, Totem Pokemon and the Kahunas / Tapu (s?) (With the false leak of information it is not clear that there is a Tapu type Pokemon for each island, i think they may each be quite different), the Z moves, and finally Solgaleo and Lunala. 

The region seems both huge and yet small: While four or five islands and unique challenges in place of gyms seems like it will take as much time and effort as normal, it does also hint that there could be a hybrid postgame that could involve travelling to some of the previous regions and even new region(s) for a second series of challenges and explorations, one could include accessing Mega Evolution. 

The stones for Alola Pokemon's Mega forms could be accessible perhaps with something attained during this postgame / essentially just unique second part of the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Another Pokemon called Namakobushi was also in CoroCoro this month.

It is a Sea Cucumber Pokemon that can regurgitate its organs and form them into a fist for attacking.

Pokémon X & Y

Funnily enough, the Chinese leak did mention a Sea Cucumber Pokemon.

Cpeum-MWEAANKm1.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Another Pokemon called Namakobushi was also in CoroCoro this month.

It is a Sea Cucumber Pokemon that can regurgitate its organs and form them into a fist for attacking.

Pokémon X & Y

I'll be honest, I thought it was an avocado with kidney beans sticking out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awwwww! Its so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

I need one of these! I wonder what its typing is going to be. I will admit sea creatures are pretty fascinating if I do say so myself.

Anyone getting some Digimon vibes from the cucumber?  I actually kind of like it, but I'm a little puzzled over why it has a cottontail.

16 hours ago, -Robin- said:

You guys ready for Alola Marowak to beat you senseless with physical Fire/Ghost moves? Don't forget that Thick Club is still compatible with it.

Heaven help us if this thing get Shadow Sneak.

I'm so ready for this. I've been waiting for my boy Marowak to become useful, and here's to hoping he gets a pretty decent ability with this new typing <3. I guess he possibly could switch his stats to more special attack based, but I would love it if it stayed physical (most likely will anyway). But yeah, my main concern is his weakness pool of ground, rock, water, ghost, and dark. I mean if stealth rocks is still prevalent as well as everyone packing some earthquakes, gg my beautiful marowak lmao. At least those 7 resistances are looking ace

All I need is my werewolf pup and I'm all set for this gen, anything else will just be icing on the cake, <3

I'd rather have a normal wolf. We already have Lucario and Zoroark. They're werewolf enough for me.

11 hours ago, Tracer said:

But yeah, my main concern is his weakness pool of ground, rock, water, ghost, and dark. I mean if stealth rocks is still prevalent as well as everyone packing some earthquakes, gg my beautiful marowak lmao

If it gets Shadow Sneak or a physical priority move in the end, those weaknesses won't really matter. A Marowak with such a move SCREAMS late game cleaner and revenge killer.

Give it the Thick Club, dump all EVs into Speed and HP, save it for late game, laugh.

I keep seeing this on my twitter feed. Not sure if they're real or not but I'll keep them in the spoiler tab

Spoiler

CphoDYcUkAAhxnq.jpg

CphoUjOVMAANfX0.jpg

CphoVJ3VMAA0mEs.jpg

CphnuIpUIAAvw0B.jpg

If these aren't real then these are the greatest fakes I've ever seen my life. There are some talented people out there

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it bad that the mere fact that Raichu is getting some love seems like reason enough to make me think this are fake?

Hope to be wrong tho...

• Thumbs Up 2

If that Pokemon were a fake, you'd think they'd take the cliche route and make it Fairy type.

That it's Psychic type instead....I'm optimistic.

Heh, Alola Raichu uses it's tail almost as a surfbaord. Nice reference to the region and to surfing Pikachu.

Oh, and even the ability is a reference, huh. 

• Thumbs Up 1