Jump to content
Sonictrainer

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Webm of one of the leaked Pokemon and it's ability:

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1470863160632.webm

I still don't get it. :-/

My guess is that Wishiwashi gets a tremendous stat boost from Schooling, larger than any other stat increase gained from evolution before.

But in exchange, as its HP goes down, its stats start to drop, to replicate a school of fish being scared and breaking apart. And recovery moves likely won't revert the stats back.

It's like if Defeatist was applied on all stats, or if Eruption and Water Spout were converted into a Pokemon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be the hasty one and say they're legit.  If they're fake then GameFreak should hire the people responsible.

The little mushroom is adorable and surfing Raichu is rad.  Wishiwashi's the kind of punny name I can appreciate, but Pyukumaku?  Couldn't think of something snappier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

 

  Hide contents

My guess is that Wishiwashi gets a tremendous stat boost from Schooling, larger than any other stat increase gained from evolution before.

But in exchange, as its HP goes down, its stats start to drop, to replicate a school of fish being scared and breaking apart. And recovery moves likely won't revert the stats back.

It's like if Defeatist was applied on all stats, or if Eruption and Water Spout were converted into a Pokemon.

 

Spoiler

It says it happens at a certain level, so would that mean it activates at the start of every battle, though. Like an automatic Mega Evolution.

Also, saw this and thought it was neat:

Spoiler

mrYNwKu.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

It says it happens at a certain level, so would that mean it activates at the start of every battle, though. Like an automatic Mega Evolution.

 

 

So it would function just like Eruption and Water Spout would at the beginning of battle anyway. The current HP percentage dictates how large or small the other stats are for Wishiwashi.

 

They'd just include a line of code to make sure the stats do not increase upon using a recovery move in the same battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Here I thought I'll never see the day Game Freak ever gave a damn about Raichu. But here we are.

Also, can I jus day the new Alohan Pokemon has got to be the most exotic group of creatures this series has received since Gen 3? Its location of source is really bringing out those creative juices of Game Freak that seem to have been lost somewhat along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it strange that the fact that the update videos have been seeing legitimate leaks actually makes me more suspicious of the text leaks?  Combined with the anime concept art leak, I feel like all the confirmed legitimate leaks have had something solid to show for themselves rather than just being plain text which anyone could write.  ...On a separate note, GameFreak and/or Nintendo really need to do a better job of plugging these leaks, because that's twice now that the update videos have been leaked in bits and pieces a couple of days in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Team Skull so far looks like a bunch of punk/gangster rejects at the moment...yet they're still oddly appealing in a weird way. Kinda wonder how they're going to be seen a threat through the game, assuming they don't go anime Team Rocket with them and have them being ineffectual sympathetic villains or something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

I'm loving Wishiwashi and I'm really happy about the new form for Raichu, it's one of my favorite Pokes (though I love its pre-evolved forms too). Surfing on its tail like in Pokemon Stadium...very cool. Maybe the way they'll keep normal Pikachu but have a new Raichu is through making Thunder Stones not available and making it evolve with a different stone, or maybe it will just evolve normally but become an Alolan Raichu instead of a normal one when evolved in the Alola games. Or maybe they're just saving the Alolan Pikachu for later, you never know.

I'm not going to lie, I honestly am not a fan of Plumeria's design at all, yet another overdone, silly-looking human design that Pokemon has been way too fond of lately.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:
  Hide contents

 

I'm loving Wishiwashi and I'm really happy about the new form for Raichu, it's one of my favorite Pokes (though I love its pre-evolved forms too). Surfing on its tail like in Pokemon Stadium...very cool. Maybe the way they'll keep normal Pikachu but have a new Raichu is through making Thunder Stones not available and making it evolve with a different stone, or maybe it will just evolve normally but become an Alolan Raichu instead of a normal one when evolved in the Alola games. Or maybe they're just saving the Alolan Pikachu for later, you never know.

I'm not going to lie, I honestly am not a fan of Plumeria's design at all, yet another overdone, silly-looking human design that Pokemon has been way too fond of lately.

 

 

Spoiler

I honestly like her, and the rest of Team Skull's design for that reason and how the overal vibe of this Generation has been sending lol. I think for the confines of where this region is and everything I think it works. I mean with the characters we've seen thus far, having such radically colorful assortment of character designs actually promotes Alola more than takes away from it in my opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Electric rats in spoiler

 

https://my.mixtape.moe/flcqsa.mp4

 

It still feels so unreal... The ability is pretty much electric swift swim but any kind of love for Raichu feels so weird nowadays, I was just talking with someone last night about how ignored the guy was.

Also, wishiwashi is the coolest mon this gen so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Something I find pretty surprising is that Pikachu itself appears to be unchanged since in all video footage that's featured it so far it looks the same as every other Pikachu that's been available before. It makes me wonder if it'll finally be possible to teach Pikachu Surf naturally and, if Pikachu knows that move, then it will evolve into the Alolan variant with a Thunder Stone or it will become a regular Raichu if it doesn't know it.

I like the Pikachu line a lot, and it's a very pleasant surprise to see Raichu get something new to stand out, and in such a cool way to boot!

I swear, most of my Sun/Moon team is looking to be made up of Alolan forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.