Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

CphnuIpUIAAvw0B.jpg

It took twenty years, but Puka has returned.

CpiTHCqW8AAAEQU.jpg

after the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro thing in Pokemon Go I don't doubt it

• Thumbs Up 4

I had a feeling the trailer would get leaked before Friday.

....and a number of rumors just became false.

Incase we needed more leaks 

Edit: Ok I think this one might be fake since it's from the recently announced Sun/Moon manga which is meant to come out next month but with how things have been going today I don't know

Spoiler

CpjG0sBVUAAyRFA.jpg

T

Spoiler

If this leak is true then it confirms the final starter evos are real as well because it looks like Rowlet's first evo has some design cues leading directly to its next form like the arrows and the bow tie.

Bring it on Sun and Moon! I'm ready for my Robinroot!

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Edit: Ok I think this one might be fake since it's from the recently announced Sun/Moon manga which is meant to come out next month but with how things have been going today I don't know

Reveal hidden contents

CpjG0sBVUAAyRFA.jpg

T

It's fake

http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/10/rowlets-evolution-revealed-via-corocoro-leak/

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Reveal hidden contents

CpjG0sBVUAAyRFA.jpg

T

FAKE. The art is not good enough for an official comic (sorry, its good but there are several flaws that distinguish from a normal manga, also it looks different from the teaser cover) and the Japanese used is v poor (the word is shaky, font is wrong, looks drawn/copied off, and word choice? "sparkle sparkle" when it's blowing leaves and "Cockadoodledoo" as an owl's voice? are you serious???) to be real.

Apology if I sound angry. I am not in a good mood for now.

11 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

FAKE. The art is not good enough for an official comic (sorry, its good but there are several flaws that distinguish from a normal manga, also it looks different from the teaser cover) and the Japanese used is v poor (the word is shaky, font is wrong, looks drawn/copied off, and word choice? "sparkle sparkle" when it's blowing leaves and "Cockadoodledoo" as an owl's voice? are you serious???) to be real.

Apology if I sound angry. I am not in a good mood for now.

37 minutes ago, I'm Dan said:

Official Japanese trailer gone live that had info leaked which we already knew about...Er..I mean... OMG LOOK ALOLA SURFIN RAICHU DUUUUUUUUUDE

Also, from Serebii:

Following the leak last night, the Japanese Youtube has uploaded the footage for the new Pokémon and Alola Form Raichu that were revealed last night. It also confirms that Wishiwashi will change back from School Form to Solo Form after it has received a certain amount of damage and that Pyukumuku's ability seems to caught the opponent to take damage when it faints. This footage also reveals Team Skull

• Thumbs Up 7

My reading of Wishiwashi is that School Form is basically an evolution that made no conceptual sense as an evolution.  You know how we all make fun of Pokemon like Dugtrio and Magneton that are literally just three Pokemon stuck together?  I think Wishiwashi is a response to that, taking something that could have been an evolution and doing something instead that makes conceptual sense and is slightly more mechanically interesting.  It's basically reverse Zygarde, powering down at low health rather than powering up.

Alolan Meowth I'm reassured to see has a slightly different model and new animations, because it was the closest to being a recolour.  I am a bit curious as to what's going on with Persian, though.  Vanilla Pikachu and Cubone are confirmed to evolve into Alolan Raichu and Marowak, and with the reveals of the Alolan form of Vulpix and Ninetails, Sandshrew and Sandslash, we got both stages given to us at once.  Why, then, have they only shown us Alolan Meowth and no accompanying Alolan Persian?  Does Alolan Meowth evolve into standard Persian?  Both Meowths have the same abilities, as far as I can see, and the evolution line learned Dark-type moves anyway, so mechanically I can see that it wouldn't make a difference.  Or is there, perhaps, something newer and more interesting about Alolan Persian that they didn't want to show us yet?  Or did they just not want to reveal everything this time, whereas with the initial set of reveals (which included Exeggutor with the implication of standard Exeggcute) they wanted to show that Alolan forms both might and might not carry over through evolution lines?

Team Skull do look like they are basically a gang of thugs with higher ambitions.  The one leaked English screenshot of Guzma suggested that they felt some bitterness towards Alola's traditions...  It'd be interesting to go back to the days when evil teams had only local interests and weren't megalomaniacs trying to change the entire world.

Also, I just realised that they didn't feature the sandcastle Pokemon!  I guess that's remaining a Coro Coro exclusive for the time being?

Edit: I just had an epiphany about Team Skull based on the trailer.  Heck, maybe it actually says this in the trailer if you can read Japanese, but I'm sure now that they're motivated by a grudge against Alola - because not one of them uses an Alola Pokemon in battle!

• Thumbs Up 2

I love the new Alola Raichi! Much cuter to me then the normal old Raichu, which I was never a big fan of. And Team Skull have awesome designs! Really appeals to me tastes... They might have my fave evil team designs yet! And I do hope they are more of a local island only problem like some fans are guessing.

English version of the trailer!

Pitting Gyarados and Wishiwashi against each other is really fitting considering Wishiwashi kinda reminds me of Magikarp--hilariously weak, but then they get a boost in power with the School Form.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 3

Team Skull's tune is one rad sound.  I actually like how Wishiwashi's school form is more just an ability than an evolution that follows the same path as Magneton and Dugtrio.  It's a nice little spin that feels more fresh.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's some neato fluff on the official site for today's new material - Pyukumuku gets loads - and I recommend that people give it a read.  Highlights: Pyukumuku's Innards Out damages the Pokemon that knocked it out for as much HP as Pykumuku lost in the knock-out blow, so one-hit KOs could be risky against this Pokemon; Marowak was preyed upon specifically by Grass-types in Alola, and Alolan Marowak lights its bone-match by striking them on its forehead, which is why it has that mark; the royal family of Alola that raised Alolan Meowths was destroyed at some point in the past; and nobody knows why Raichu got an Alolan form (yes, that's actually their explanation).  Also, apparently Team Skull's activities include messing up trial sites, so I'm convinced at this point that their motivation is a specific grudge against Alola and its culture, which explains why they wouldn't use Alolan Pokemon.

Edit: More Team Skull thoughts: They adopted as their motif a symbol of death to oppose the life force that Alola's supposed to be brimming with.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm betting the reason we haven't seen Team Skull using any Alolan Pokemon is simply because they haven't revealed the "generic choice for the evil team's grunts" Pokemon yet. :V

(This probably goes for the admin(s?) and leader, too.)

That said, it would be kind of interesting to see an evil team that only uses older Pokemon. Team Genwunners if you will

• Thumbs Up 2

That Team Skull theme is super good. I mean holy shit.

I'm also impressed by the school of fish now it's revealed to be incredibly huge. I mean, I love the scaling now, it always bothered me in XY how small Wailord was compared to how it was supposed to be. Seems like they're rectifying that here.

As for the Alola forms, Raichu is neat and it's so nice to see Raichu finally get some love, even if the Gen 1 bias is just a massive problem. They should be doing it Sonic Generations style, where they use bits from all the other generations as well. Marowak also looks a lot more interesting than the fairly bland Marowak of the past.

Alola Meowth is fucking awful though, being a Dark type cat is pointless, and it just looks smug and not in the fun way like Snivy did. Probably my least favourite Pokemon of all time so far. I'm serious. I don't get how this recolour passed through when they were unable to create anything for a Mega Flygon in Gen 6.

Every update with this game man. Every update

Boss-as-fuck villains

They don't all use standard Pokeballs anymore and now have varied balls like Net Balls and Ultra Balls

Ghost/Fire Marowak with two really good abilities

Alolan Raichu surfs on it's tail and is the most adorable thing ever

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice to see Raichu's finally getting some love.

Also Team Skull are chav tourists from the Pokémon equivalent of the UK and not one of you can convince me otherwise :U

Team Skull look alright, nothing special but not terrible ether. I doubt their main goal in the long run will be as grounded as Team Rocket's though, especially if it involves the mascot pokemon.

30 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

Team Skull look alright, nothing special but not terrible ether. I doubt their main goal will be as grounded as Team Rocket though, especially if it involves the mascot pokemon.

They almost seem to be a homage to the art and character styles of Jet Set Radio :):)   

There could end up being another main enemy at some point later in the game or post game.  Again the island challenge's many components do make up for there not being eight gyms, yet there is still a sense that a plot twist and possibly location twist is waiting somewhere! 

• Thumbs Up 1

You know I'd like to point out that this is the first time we've seen a new Alola Pokemon introduced and it gets defeated easily. Well it happens twice actually, one to show how weak Wishiwashi is by itself and Pyukumuku to demonstrate its ability. But I think we got more info from the Japanese trailer than anything.

And I'm surprised that Marowak is being food for Grass types of all things but then again we do have Victreebel to worry about. Maybe its foreshadowing Alola Victreebel? I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

And I'm surprised that Marowak is being food for Grass types of all things but then again we do have Victreebel to worry about. Maybe its foreshadowing Alola Victreebel? I dunno.

Victreebel is one of my favourite Pokemon designs; I could totally live with an Alolan version.  The Alola Forms are generally pretty strongly design-led, and I'm sure there's something they could do with Victreebel's design to take it in a new direction.  Parasol leaf, perhaps?  Part-Flying?

I would also accept Fire Koffing.

• Thumbs Up 2