Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Well so far the grunts are using Zubat's, Drowzee's and most surprising of all, Haunter's, this is the first time I believe a Grunt used a Ghost type.

However, I think Poison and Dark types do fit the whole Street thug thing through.

Serebii.net: Earlier this week, the Youtube Channel for the Japanese magazine, V-Jump, put up a video detailing IVs in Pokémon. In this video it gave a bit of clarification into the process. In the video, it showed three different Garchomp with different IV spreads and each of them used a Silver Bottle Cap at Hyper Training. This allowed for one stat to be increased, in this case the Attack was increased on all three Garchomp. This means that you'll be able to use the Silver Bottle Cap in exchange to increase one stat only. It was also mentioned that there may be a Gold Bottle Cap, and questioned if it will be used to increase multiple stats to their maximum. It is still not known how the Bottle Caps can be obtained and if there's a limit to the amount you can find. We'll bring more on Hyper Training and Sun & Moon as it comes

• Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, DiamondXBlitz said:

I just hope Team Skull arent one of those, rule the world type of guys

To be fair, the only teams in the past to attempt world domination were Team Rocket and Team Plasma(B2W2), the rest were eco terrorist(Aqua and Magma), perfectionist(Galactic and Flare) and PETA(BW1 Plasma).

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Game Freak’s Shigeki Morimoto will take to the stage in order to show off live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Budding Pokémon trainers will be able to tune in to see for themselves via twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland on 18th August at 17:00 CEST.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263852

• Thumbs Up 1

On another note, the squats that Team Skull are doing is called the "yankee squat" in Japan and it's a common thing (mostly because squat toilets) now but before it was usually associated with being tough.

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

In case people need exact times:

Serebii.net: It has been confirmed that Shigeki Morimoto is going to show some live Pokémon Sun & Moon gameplay footage at Gamescom in Cologne on Thursday. This footage will be streamed through Nintendo Germany's Twitch channel from 17:00 CEST, which is 16:00 BST, 11:00 EDT and 08:00 PDT. It's not currently known what will be shown in this but we'll report on any new information as it comes

I'm loving the live gameplay streams because we have no idea what will revealed as they play. :)

Oh boy! Rumors and leaks!

Spoiler

1471396626544.png

In case if you can't read it I'll sum it up for you

- The Chinese Leaks are real

- The Islands names are Melemele, Akala, Poni, and Ula'Ula

- 90 new Pokemon and 20 Alola forms, being exclusive to Gen 1 mons

- Fighting Abra, Water Growlithe, Poison Fighting Nidoking/quen, Bug/Psychic Butterfree are also real but Alola Alakazam can't Mega Evolve

- Also regular Ninetales has been apparently rectoned to being Fire/Fairy for some reason

- Snowman, Football Monkey, and the Dolphin are also real

- Salandit evolves into 2 different forms based on gender, much like the Espurr line

- Cat that changes type via breeding is also a real thing

- Day and Night is longer now

- The Starters and Rockruff all have 2 different final forms; The leaked final starter evos were actually the Night ones and Rockruff becoming a werewolf as a Night evolution. In Day they become Grass/Flying, Fire, Water, and Rock/Normal and in Night they become Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, Water/Fairy, and Rock/Dark respectively

- Greninja, Solgaleo, and Lunala all have "Phases" involving Z-Moves which transforms them in some way. All 3 have unique Z-Moves that require learning their signature moves

- Oh and Mega Evolution is gained Post-Game if you were wondering

- There 15 Trial Captains and 16 Totem Pokemon in total, whom give you Z-Crystals for the various types other than Dark and Poison which you gain from Plumeria and Guzma

- You'll get the Psychic Z-Crystal from defeating Solgaleo/Lunala but they'll be catchable post-game. They're also important to the plot, being the final stepping stone on your way.

- The Kahunas all gather up and work as the Elite Four in this game.

- Guzma's motivation is that he doesn't like Alola's culture and wants to wreck it because it isn't like the other Regions' leagues. He's pretty mad that he wasn't made a Trial Captain.

- Hau is your rival and acts as the final boss in the game, boosting a well thought out team in the end despite picking the weaker starter.

- The S.S. Anne returns as a way to travel to an artificial island known as "Anuenue Island" where Blue and Lance head to a Champion's conference. There you'll be able to face and chat with the Champions from previous Gens (hello Cynthia cameo number 281219!). Also there's something similar to the Battle Maison there as well.

- Some post game stuff includes a plot involving Zygarde, Kuikui, Lillie, AZ, and Zenia as well as a Looker side quest involving Looker, Guzma, and Team Skull.

- Finally the game starts off easy but gets harder over time.

This sounds pretty plausible honestly. Some of these things do sound interesting on paper. That's all I really gotta say.

And for the record, I only really post these leaks and rumors as mostly getting things to not only talk about but as a way to see which rumors are true and ones that aren't. Its funny scratching off what was predicted wrong and you even make this into a bingo game! I honestly don't care if these leaks are real or not cause I'm hyped for them either way. I think the leaks fuel my hype more than anything.

And as always take it with the thinnest grain of salt.

Alright, I'll bite, partly as a lot of this one is plausible but mainly because this particular leak is framing itself as distinguishing between real leaks and real lies - a premise which gives it free rein to pick and choose the best parts of previous rumours while ignoring the bad ideas.  And for a leak that claims to be all about selecting previously-leaked information that was actually true, there sure are a lot of leaks in there that I've never seen before.  Granted, with how easy it is to fabricate a "leak" (i.e. posting on a website), they're easy to miss.  Still, approaching these as interesting ideas, and taking them as pure speculation in the spirit of "what I would want to be true," I guess I'm dubious about:

Spoiler

The different starter evolutions based on day/night.  I know that this is attempting to tie them together with the Sun/Moon game titles and that Coro Coro thing about the starters sharing a "secret" with Rockruff, but Rockruff's bio seemed like it was pointing towards a single night-themed evolution without really hinting at the possibility of an alternative.  Typing-wise, giving Robinhoot (or whatever) exactly the same typing in both of its "final forms" while the other two starters' final evolutions are split between vanilla typing and a more interesting expansion seems... highly uneven on multiple levels (I was going to say "uncharacteristically uneven" but... GameFreak).  Why would there not be an even split between vanilla typings and complex typings - and wouldn't that be easy to mischaracterise as a generic type set and an interesting type set?  And if they're all evolving from the same first and second stage, how different could they even be from each other, not least the pair with the same type?  So it's an ambitious idea, and I can see what the appeal would be on paper, but I think realising it in practice would be challenging.

Water Growlithe/Arcanine and Fighting Abra line will always set alarm bells ringing because they're literally just flipping the Pokemon's typing over to exactly the opposite of the original; ironically, the suggestion that vanilla Ninetales has been retconned to Fire/Fairy actually makes these new suggestions more awkward, not less.  These would need to have some very strong designs to win me over.  ...Also, only twenty Alolan forms is a little bit disappointing; counting the ones we know about right now (including an inferred Alolan Persian) plus the ones in that leak would take us up to seventeen already - and I'd have hoped for nearer thirty, akin to the number of Mega Evolutions in Kalos.  I suppose, if the twenty covers evolution lines rather than individual Pokemon (i.e. Vulpix + Ninetales = one out of twenty rather than two), then that might be what we're getting.

The Z-move "phases" thing appears to be basically an attempt to tie together Ash Greninja with those extra-shiny Solgaleo and Lunala phases that are inspired by Reshiram and Zekrom's tail-flaring phases; granted, it's just the kind of awkward post-hoc rationalisation for those ideas that I could actually see happening, but that doesn't make it any less easy to criticise as superficial.

Also, a postgame Delta-Episode-style plotline dedicated to Shaymin Sky Forme, of all things?  Hmm.

The rest all seems plausible, unlike some of the leaks I've seen out there, so top marks for that - but it's the plausibility that means that a good idea could have been conceived independently by both a false leaker and GameFreak themselves.  The best speculation-disguised-as-rumour rumours are the ones which have a chance of being right through prediction, rather than just trying to grab people's attention.  It's a shame that an unverifiable veil of authenticity is more eye-catching than well-thought-out speculation.

Edit: Although, the mention of the Chinese leaks reminds me of something I thought of the other day.  I was trying to find out what the original Chinese leaks were, but they seem to have been garbled and added onto over time - but there was one point I did turn up among them which struck me as possibly being retrospectively confirmed:

Spoiler

The leak apparently mentioned "overlord" Pokemon which rule over specific areas...  Doesn't that sound similar to the Totem Pokemon challenged as part of the Island Trials?

New Pokemon Revealed Today at Gamescom 2016:

turtonator.png

• Turtonator
  • Category: Blast Turtle Pokémon
  • Type: Fire/Dragon
  • Height: 6'07"
  • Weight: 467.4 lbs.
  • Ability: Shell Armor

Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material—mostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pokémon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion! 

In areas around volcanic craters, this Pokémon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion! 

The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator’s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pokémon’s body. This is Turtonator’s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage. 

Shell Trap is a move that only Turtonator is able to learn. With this move, the Pokémon can set a trap at the beginning of the turn, and if Turtonator is hit by an opponent’s physical attack during that turn, Shell Trap triggers an explosion that will deal much greater damage to the opponent.

Edited by Sonictrainer
Added Official Site Info
  • Thumbs Up 2

Interesting fella. Not sure if I'm huge on him due to being based on those turtles with longer snouts that kind of weird me out, but the typing is definitely a cool one.

Lore from the official site, giving a reason as to why he seems to always have his backed turned:

Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material—mostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pokémon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion! 

In areas around volcanic craters, this Pokémon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion! 

The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator’s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pokémon’s body. This is Turtonator’s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage. 

Shell Trap is a move that only Turtonator is able to learn. With this move, the Pokémon can set a trap at the beginning of the turn, and if Turtonator is hit by an opponent’s physical attack during that turn, Shell Trap triggers an explosion that will deal much greater damage to the opponent.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks alright. Its just something I don't really plan on using. It has a neat design and I do hope its useful in some way because turtle Pokemon get bad reps. Its design matches with the rest of Alola so its good as a Pokemon.

And Fire Trap is just a Fire typed Counter? Oh ok then? It looks like it has the bulk to abuse it, being a fire turtle dragon.

Now to go up against it in Doubles and spam Powder every turn just to see it blow up it in its face.

3 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

This thing is only one letter away from "Turdonator",

Well it'd certainly smell like it too. Sulfur smells like fart.

• Thumbs Up 1

I cannot like the new pokemon, just because it's pose reminds me of a certain disgusting turtle demon from Devilman.

The design itself isn't bad, though I think they could've made his head better. Also the tail reminds me of Pikachu for some reason.

I can't say that Turtonator's going to be one of my favourites.  It reminds me a lot of Druddigon, in that it's kind of jaggedy and try-hard.  But it's saved for me by the suggestion that it's based on a mata mata turtle; seeing the source and relevance of the design helps to ground it a little.

OUT OF NOWHERE ENGLISH NAMES FOR THREE POKEMON WE KNEW ABOUT AND YET ANOTHER NEW ONE!!! (Crabrawler, a Fighting-Type crab.)

Also, I love how Stufful has a tag poking out of its butt like a real stuffed animal. XD

• Thumbs Up 7

Ok what the fuck is Crabrawler and why isn't it on my team already!? I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT! Its already my favorite Fighting type (at least til we get a Ghost/Fighting type of course ;D) and it needs to be in Pokken right now! Sheese make a Crab and make it a boxer! Genius!

You already know my thoughts on the sand castles but I don't like the name Palossand. I dunno why but it doesn't seem fitting for some reason. I love Sandygast though which is a cute name and actually using the word gast right! *coughcoughevigishkigustkrakencoughcough* Its ability is ok. I can kind of see it using it on Assault Vest/Weakness Policy sets but its not as great as Water Absorb but its decent enough to work. Just hoping it has good enough defenses to use it well.

And I'm not liking Stufful's design. I know its supposed to be based on a plush but seeing it more clearly makes me go ehhhhhhhhhhh.... Its just a strange design for me.

The fluff for these new Pokemon does not disappoint.  A taster:

Palossand loves the vitality of Pokémon and drags small Pokémon into its body so it can steal their life force. Its sandy vortex swallows them up in a heartbeat! Pokémon dragged into Palossand leave traces of their ill will behind. It’s thought that this negative energy may be the starting point of new Sandygast...

So yes, that picture of a Pallosand sucking up a Pikachu is literally showing a Pikachu's death.  And on that note:

Crabrawler’s pincers are sometimes torn off during its bouts—and they are said to be delicious.

• Thumbs Up 2