Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Raichu gets a new form and Pikachu actually fucking dies in gen7. The age of Raichu is upon us..

• Thumbs Up 4

Crabrawler's design just tickles me. I feel it's only a matter of time before someone puts some Sylvester Stallone gibberish over some of its gameplay footage. Also, another Pokemon was revealed called Turtonator:

Its design is growing on me, but I like it's "Don't fuck with me" attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never doubted Sandygast and Palossand's eeriness for a second.  Think I just saw the first official artwork of a Pokémon getting killed...  On a lighter note, I love Crabrawler.  Part of me thinks it's related to Wimpod somehow, but I guess they'd have revealed that by now.  Not to mention the typing doesn't fit.  Really want Ash, or a companion to catch one.  Sounds like it could make some great comic relief.

For me it's always difficult to decide on a team. And up until now this game is no exception. I have to see if I'm going to be able to fit any mon from the Bank

Sandygast's and Polossand's info isn't anything new to me as far as Ghost Pokemon are concerned.

But as a whole with all these new Pokemon....they're so funky in their own weird and special way for the first time since....idk Gen 3 making up an in-game team actually feels new enough.

Crabrawler is a Coconut Crab most likely, a large Land Crab, likely the reason why it's not part Water.

And those things are HUGE.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Ash may catch a Crabrawler in the Sun/Moon arc.

Anyway, time for another information recap and a GameXplain Video:

crabrawler.png

• Crabrawler
  • Category: Boxing Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting
  • Height: 2'00"
  • Weight: 15.4 lbs.
  • Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Iron Fist

Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape. Perhaps as a result, it’s sometimes found clinging to tall people or to the walls of buildings! If you try to remove one against its will, you’ll be met with a sound punch. 

Crabrawler’s favorite food is Berries. It punches the trunks of trees to give the branches a good shake and knock any ripe Berries to the ground so it can feast! Many Crabrawler may gather around a tree, but only the one that emerges victorious in battle against all the others receives the privilege of eating the ripe Berries. 

Crabrawler uses its claws to protect its face and belly while getting in close to an opponent to throw punches. Its punches are powerful enough to split tree trunks! Crabrawler’s pincers are sometimes torn off during its bouts—and they are said to be delicious.

sandygast.png

• Sandygast
  • Category: Sand Heap Pokémon
  • Type: Ghost/Ground
  • Height: 1'08"
  • Weight: 154.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Water Compaction

A Sandygast emerges when the grudges of Pokémon and other creatures soak into the sand after they fall in battle. In essence, it’s a possessed lump of sand! 

If you heedlessly grab a Sandygast’s shovel, you’ll fall under the Pokémon’s control. A Sandygast uses its power to manipulate children into gathering sand to increase the size of its body. If a Sandygast loses its shovel, it may put up a tree branch, a flag, or another item in its place. These Sandygast are wanderers in search of their own shovels. 

The tunnel-like mouth of a Sandygast can suck the vitality from people and Pokémon. Apparently it’s a test of courage in the Alola region to put your hand in a Sandygast’s mouth. 

Sandygast has the new Water Compaction Ability, an Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With Water Compaction, its Defense stat will go up by 2 if it’s hit with a Water-type move.

palossand.pngportrait02.png

• Palossand (Sandygast's Evolution)
  • Category: Sand Castle Pokémon
  • Type: Ghost/Ground
  • Height: 4'03"
  • Weight: 551.2 lbs.
  • Abilities: Water Compaction

Palossand controls human adults, making them build a sand castle that provides camouflage and also raises its defensive abilities. Unlike Sandygast, if Palossand loses some of the sand from its body, it can restore itself on its own. When moving about in search of prey, the shovel on top of Palossand’s head revolves. It’s said that the shovel could be serving as some kind of radar.

Palossand loves the vitality of Pokémon and drags small Pokémon into its body so it can steal their life force. Its sandy vortex swallows them up in a heartbeat! Pokémon dragged into Palossand leave traces of their ill will behind. It’s thought that this negative energy may be the starting point of new Sandygast...

stufful.pngportrait02.png

• Stufful (Bewear's Preevolution)
  • Category: Flailing Pokémon
  • Type: Normal/Fighting
  • Height: 1'08"
  • Weight: 15.0 lbs.
  • Abilities: Fluffy/Klutz

Stufful’s cute appearance and movements—plus the fluffy feel of its fur—all combine to make it super popular! 

This Pokémon may have a small body, but its strength is extraordinary. Receiving one of its powerful hits without being prepared for it can bring down even well-trained Pokémon!

The truth is that Stufful doesn’t really like being touched. It hates being hugged tightly and will flail its arms in protest.

On the Japanese Website, Spearow, Fearow, Magikarp, Gyarados, and Pinsir have been added to the Pokemon section.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gyrados been added huh?

Out on a limb guess if it's gets Alola-fied it could be given the Water/Dragon typing it couldn't have from Gen 1....again out on a limb, outta the blue guessing there

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TCB said:

Gyrados been added huh?

Out on a limb guess if it's gets Alola-fied it could be given the Water/Dragon typing it couldn't have from Gen 1....again out on a limb, outta the blue guessing there

It'd be crazy if they instead pull a Sandslash/Ninetails on it and give it an entirely different typing

Its notable that 2 of the 3 Pokemon listed do have Mega Evolutions, and they're typings people didn't expect or like (in Pinsir's case for being another Bug/Flying without any moves it could abuse at first). If they do get Alola forms, they would at least give people something they're probably expecting.

Personally I'm not expecting every Gen 1 listed to have an Alola form but we'll see.

Crabrawler’s pincers are sometimes torn off during its bouts—and they are said to be delicious.

And some people still wonder if people eat Pokemon or not in the poke-verse. xD

Now if you excuse me... I'm off to buy a Bidoof burger.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say the Pokémon being on the site is a pretty big indicator they aren't getting Alola forms.

Remember what Pyukumuku's bio said about chucking them back into the sea for cash being a common thing in Alola? Well, you can actually do that in-game!

• Thumbs Up 8

Is the money different in the Japanese versions of the games? 20000 Pokédollars for that seems ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Is the money different in the Japanese versions of the games? 20000 Pokédollars for that seems ridiculous.

Pokedollars are directly based off Yen, so the actual value would be about 200 dollars. They're charging 200 dollars to chuck a Sea Cucumber into the sea.

...Sounds about par for the course (for ripping off tourists). But yeah, same between Japanese and Western versions. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If it seem confusing, add/remove the decimal: 100 yen=$1.00, and 20000 yen=$200.00. It was funny to me that while Japan kept their yen currency so the cost of a pokeball seem normal (200yen=$2), the west decided to use "dollars" making it look overpriced (200pkdr=$200?).

Anyway, one thing that I noticed is the guy tells you how many Pyukumuku is on the shore. When you finish your work he compliments "excellent job performance, and you have a good throw/sense in Pyukumuku throwing!" then says something along the line of "I'll pay you extra! Don't be hesitant, you deserve it!" I imagine it's like one of those part-time mini games, the more Pyukumuku there is (probably random) and the more quick you find them, the more money you get.

He also says that no matter how much they make the Pyukumuku "dive" back to the ocean they will come back the next day, and feel free to work again when they have time to spare. So it's certainly a once-per-day activity.

As for why the pay is so high...either you can do it after meeting certain requirements like finishing the game, or maybe the currency in Alola is messed up? Or it's still in development and they'll tweak it later on.

(I just realized the Japanese name Namakobushi is just "namako"=sea cucumber and "kobushi"=fist)

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Electro Slacker CC14 said:

Remember what Pyukumuku's bio said about chucking them back into the sea for cash being a common thing in Alola? Well, you can actually do that in-game!

What's with the Animal Crossing speak?

Also, kinda upset that there isn't a throwing/tossing animation.

We'd have to watch the throwing animation over and over again within a short span of time.

I mean, I guess they could let you skip it? But I can see why there isn't one (assuming they don't add one in later).

6 hours ago, Celestia said:

We'd have to watch the throwing animation over and over again within a short span of time.

I mean, I guess they could let you skip it? But I can see why there isn't one (assuming they don't add one in later).

Still better than slowly fading to black.

They could've also had a mini game for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Time for another "Leak". This time with pics!

Hide contents

i8f_Pap_M.jpg

I would honestly be shocked if these turned out to be true. These really scream "artist wants to show off her creativity and drawing skills under a false pretense".

• Thumbs Up 3