Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

There's also the problem with EVs, IVs, and abilities. In Generations 1 and 2, you could invest 252 EVs into all stats. In Gen 3 and on onward, there was a 510 limit, meaning you could only maximize 2 stats. As for IVs, they used to only go up to 15, now they go up to 31, so it isn't a simple case of doubling what's currently there. As for abilities, some Pokemon have 2 abilities, so is the ability just going to be random? There are a lot of variables that they need to account for, and frankly, I don't know how they're doing it. 

10 minutes ago, Detective Indigo said:

Hmm. Is it possible that they rewrote the code for RBY to include hidden attributes that aren't in effect in Gen 1 but are in future games? Like, say, you catch an Abra with a "jolly" nature, but it obviously doesn't affect anything in the game, but once you transfer it to the Bank, it'll read said attribute and translate it to Sun-Moon?

As far as move restrictions, yeah I don't know. Aside from preventing you from uploading the Pokemon at all, it could be that they'll just remove the move altogether during the transfer.

Actually, what if PSM brings back certain moves or other attributes only present in earlier games? Obviously they're building the games with the rereleases of the originals in mind so it's definitely something they could do. Whether they would or not is really the question.

Also, I'm excited for Sun ad Moon because it looks like it's being built off the X and Y engine, with updates of course, so I'm excited. Just hope it's more like X&Y than like ORAS in terms of story/world design.

EDIT: I expect what we'll be getting is simply the Pokemon transferred with its name, moves, and level, but with all values and attributes of the Pokemon recalculated to work in the new games.

The hotel seems to be based on one in Singapore, so I think it might based on there.

As for the stats, they already had to be recalculated from Gen 1 to Gen 2, so that's nothing new. I wonder if you can bring your Pokemon back from the Pokemon Bank. It would make getting all of the Pokemon less annoying. Obviously there'd need to be restrictions like only Pokemon uploaded from these games can be transferred back to them.

Just now, TCB said:

Here are those 'screenshots' by the way, concept art to be more specific.

CcJlRUUXIAAlCYr.jpgCcJlSlxWIAA1Ht_.jpgCcJlSurWoAA0k6L.jpgCcJlTmhW0AALhlS.jpg

Is that an ambulence? Sold, fucking sold.

• Thumbs Up 1

The names are certainly interesting, and I'm sure there will be a lot of speculation as info drops happen.

Be good to see more when we finally get it.

Oh, another tropical region setting huh? I'm down with that. I hope to see what Corocoro comic will unveil about the game and what it will look like.

23 minutes ago, Omega Pipe said:

Oh, another tropical region setting huh? I'm down with that. I hope to see what Corocoro comic will unveil about the game and what it will look like.

Now with LESS water!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the ambulance will be like, something you can run into on Routes and other non-city locations here and there, and they'll heal your Pokemon for you? Kind of like the occasional nurse or doctor you run into in the wild in more recent games.

Probably safe to bet that some, if not all, of the ambulance drivers will challenge you to a battle before they'll heal your Pokes.

• Thumbs Up 5

As hyped as I am for the new generation, I'm still kinda miffed Pokemon Z is nonexistent. Especially with all of Zygarde's new forms! :(

tumblr_o35y1aO0SO1qh4hrlo1_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

30 minutes ago, Moppsy said:

My initial guess as to what irl local they'll base it on was SE Asia or something around the area. A lot of tropical vibes.

tumblr_inline_mgk0pnsajR1qhzlt3.gif

And thus we now already know where Pokemon Sun/Moon will be. (Pretty much anyways)

Their better be a freaking Dolphin Pokemon this gen, they stalled long enough.

Also I hope the fossils are a Raptor and Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus .

Here's some fanart of our mysterious wireframe woodpecker

tumblr_o35w6d0hTV1skoy7ho2_500.jpgtumblr_o35w6d0hTV1skoy7ho3_500.jpg

This first one was created by sylvaur

tumblr_o35v6sT8NW1tyhxbyo1_1280.png

This one was created by smash-chu

• Thumbs Up 6

8 hours ago, Aero said:

As hyped as I am for the new generation, I'm still kinda miffed Pokemon Z is nonexistent. Especially with all of Zygarde's new forms! :(

tumblr_o35y1aO0SO1qh4hrlo1_540.jpg

To be fair, all of the other forms were pretty lame.

12 hours ago, Marcello said:

The hotel seems to be based on one in Singapore, so I think it might based on there.

7 hours ago, Moppsy said:

My initial guess as to what irl local they'll base it on was SE Asia or something around the area. A lot of tropical vibes.

Sold

once i get a 3ds.

Seeing as 'it all comes together' in this release, does that mean that we can finally ditch the National Pokédex and just transfer whatever the hell we want right away please.

Of course it would be nice if every Pokémon (bar legendaries, since they'd need to be some reason to trade with other versions and because I don't care much for them anymore) could be caught in the game, but that is very unlikely.

31 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Seeing as 'it all comes together' in this release, does that mean that we can finally ditch the National Pokédex and just transfer whatever the hell we want right away please.

Of course it would be nice if every Pokémon (bar legendaries, since they'd need to be some reason to trade with other versions and because I don't care much for them anymore) could be caught in the game, but that is very unlikely.

Okay, if we will get close to 100 new monsters that would mean we have over 800 to catch in total. It would require quite a huge playable region and variety of catchable Pokémon per area.

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

To be fair, all of the other forms were pretty lame.

I'm inclined to agree. His 50% form is still the coolest. 

Rather vexing to be away when news comes out.  Though then again, it seems I didn't exactly miss much.  What little we get from the concept art looks... faintly promising, though; it's about time Pokemon started actually existing outside of battle more often!  All too often the games practically ignore their existence as far as world-building goes.

Still, though - how bizarre that we look to be jumping to a new generation already!  While the milking of the franchise with, essentially, three releases of each game per generation was quite inexcusable, it has to be said that they were starting to get more ambitious about it, and with Generation VI in particular it feels like they had major unfinished business with Kalos.  Zygarde's many new forms haven't actually appeared in a mainline game yet!  It's so strange.  I could understand if they were rushing to put together a killer app launch title for the NX, but it seems we're assured that these will still be 3DS titles, so I'm not sure I understand the point.  I have to presume that there's some important secret about Sun/Moon which they still aren't revealing...

Until proven otherwise I'm still in the belief wherever this new region is its not that far off from Kalos, and that Kalos may still play a part in these games aka GSC/HGSS

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I've got a gut feeling that the player character will be flown in from Kalos at the beginning of the game. With the Kalos looking trainer with the luggage standing outside the hotel and the fact that Kalos introduced a small amount of Pokemon, so maybe this new region will include a fairly small amount also, just to level out the 70ish Pokemon X & Y brought about.