Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Of course there isn't going to be a lot of UBs. Maybe just 3 or 4...but if there was a UB-52 it'd Roam around the world.

Anyone?  No? Well, let's just forget the bad joke...

So, the info about Type: Null said that it's helmet was heavy so they could tone down it's agility. With this I was thinking they'll mostly implement a speed form that'll include a different ability instead of Battle Armor...or maybe that's Battle Armor's actual function? I don't know since I haven't seen a description of it.

18 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Of course there isn't going to be a lot of UBs. Maybe just 3 or 4...but if there was a UB-52 it'd Roam around the world.

Anyone?  No? Well, let's just forget the bad joke...

You should have said that it'll resemble a Rock Lobster.

• Thumbs Up 2

Type: Null's entire construct is to sythezise the strengths of various Pokemon so it can be highly adaptable in any enviornment, yet it's only given the Normal type. Pretty fitting. Oh god what if it has a Hidden Ability of Multitype or something. Wouldn't surprise me. Especially since its design roughly reminds me of of a certain Mythical Pokemon (and the flavor type on the site mentioning its creation was to rival certain Mons spoken of in myth itself). 

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

So, the info about Type: Null said that it's helmet was heavy so they could tone down it's agility. With this I was thinking they'll mostly implement a speed form that'll include a different ability instead of Battle Armor...or maybe that's Battle Armor's actual function? I don't know since I haven't seen a description of it.

Battle Armor just protects Pokemon from critical hits. But yeah, I think Null will have an alternate form, and I wouldn't be surprised if that form had a different ability. Maybe even a new one that lives up to the 'mon's name and makes sure it can't take supereffective damage under any circumstances (even if, for example, you use a move like Soak that changes a Pokemon's type), or something like that?

Seems there's a catch for Signature Z-Moves:

Snorlax’s exclusive Z-Move: Pulverizing Pancake!
Previously, Snorlax has always been portrayed as just sleeping all the time. For the first time, in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, it will open up its hidden potential and become able to use the powerful Z-Move Pulverizing Pancake!

By pouring Z-Power into a Snorlax that is holding Snorlium Z, Giga Impact transforms—enabling Snorlax’s Z-Move to be used. Experience its overwhelming strength in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!

Also, someone compiled some of the major leak info

Spoiler

1470156868724.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_od3gxiR8td1tbx19ro1_500.jpg

To be honest, every single one of those seem like an extreme stretch to me. Which is actually a good thing IMO, Type: Null has much more of its unique identity this way while still having that "cobbled together" look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not going to lie, I had to back up the video twice to try and understand if Type: Null was actually the name of the Pokemon, or if it was actually nameless and presented a new typing called "null" specifically for this Pokemon. I was actually really hoping for the latter since I think it would've made the whole thing even more unsettling to have a blank name when encountered, as if you don't know what to call it. Plus a "null" type could've housed the once "???" typing that Curse once had before Gen 5 but alas *shrugs*. I really dig this Pokemon though as some of my favorites are the little odd man-made creatures in Pokemon like Castform and Porygon and was really hoping we'd get some more of them <3.

Ultra Beasts though are pretty crazy. I'm really hoping they will and forever not be Pokemon and be uncatchable as I kinda like the fucked-up notion behind them being this crazy entity. Honestly with it's description about not being a Pokemon and unsure if it has any thoughts or feelings leads me to believe that Gamefreak might be trying to have Ultra Beasts stand in for any Pokemon legendaries considered "bad" or "evil." This shifts blame over to another thing all together, kind of like how games and etc can use aliens and whatnot in place for a villain to avoid violence controversies. Might be looking a little too deep at it, but my first impressions anyway.

Kinda sad Alohan Raticate wasnt more mob-boss looking since it just more looks like a stuffed rat, but it's not like I ever really cared for these guys anyway. All I really want GameFreak to do is have Joey and his top percentage now-Alohan Ratata and join Team Skull. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Seems there's a catch for Signature Z-Moves:

Also, someone compiled some of the major leak info

Reveal hidden contents

1470156868724.jpg

That'll definitely help the analysts; there's a lot of discussion about how exactly Z-Moves work and how they interact with regular moves, but it seems to be pretty significant that Snorlax's signature Z-move is so constrained - it has to be a specific Pokemon, a specific item, and a specific move, whereas for other Z-moves it seems that all that's required are Z-Crystals and a move of matching type.

The leak compilation is pretty interesting; the concept art and Chinese leaks so far seem pretty watertight, barring translation confusion in some places on the latter, but "Split evos" and "Real leaks" seem like a combination of garbled real information and stuff borrowed from previous rumours.  It's always worth remembering that the possibility exists of peripheral or second-hand leakers, who don't directly know anything but have been told stuff by insider friends (e.g. the "Real leaks" leaker's "sources") and have then gone on to make embellishments and assumptions.

I've seen a lot of people say that Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion are related, but I'm thinking Faba and Wicke are related with them, too, more specifically, they're their parents. The three kids all of blond hair and green eyes. Faba has (graying) blond hair and blue eyes and Wicke has black hair and green eyes. Just wanted to put that out there :U

Also, I'm fairly sure Type: Null is going to be the non-Legendary that gets it's own movie like Lucario and Zoroark.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I've seen a lot of people say that Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion are related, but I'm thinking Faba and Wicke are related with them, too, more specifically, they're their parents. The three kids all of blond hair and green eyes. Faba has (graying) blond hair and blue eyes and Wicke has black hair and green eyes. Just wanted to put that out there :U

Also, I'm fairly sure Type: Null is going to be the non-Legendary that gets it's own movie like Lucario and Zoroark.

I'm leaning more towards a recurring anime plot thread like Zygarde actually.  If they're planning a story with Team Skull and the Aether Foundation that's as ambitious as Team Flare, then Type: Null's almost certainly going to be in the middle of it all.  It's what I'd prefer anyway, since movies are hardly canon.

Y'know, seeing all this new, uncharted territory makes me all the more fascinated in how the hell the S&M series will play out.

I learned earlier that the French name for Ultra Beasts translates to "Ultra Chimeras."  I checked the translations for other European languages, and also Japanese, and they're basically all Ultra Beasts (I think either Italy or Spain was Ultra Entities), so it's possible that France just chose to use a more florid title...  But it might mean something more significant.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

I learned earlier that the French name for Ultra Beasts translates to "Ultra Chimeras."  I checked the translations for other European languages, and also Japanese, and they're basically all Ultra Beasts (I think either Italy or Spain was Ultra Entities), so it's possible that France just chose to use a more florid title...  But it might mean something more significant.

I checked myself: the italian version calls them "Ultracreatures" (very original).

• Thumbs Up 1

Ultra Chimera's

That's.....awfully close to.......the Ultimate Chimera.....the bastard that haunts my dreams after playing Mother 3.

The game isn't even out and some people are already speculating with a D/P remake based on recent info. It's too freakin' early for that!!!

What recent info are they imagining?  I would be astonished if we got DP remakes this generation.  Thinking about it, GameFreak skipped a generation before doing Ruby/Sapphire remakes because they knew it would be too soon otherwise; there simply hadn't been enough of a technological and graphical leap for the remakes to be sufficiently different had they been made in Gen V, only one console and two Pokemon generations distant.  The same applies to Diamond and Pearl - and that's quite aside from the prospect of the NX shaking up the Nintendo landscape; there's already an argument that GameFreak dropped a Z to move on to Sun and Moon in time.

And that's quite aside from the question of whether we even need remakes of such recognisably modern games in the first place, of course; I was dubious enough about ORAS.  Okay, Gen IV is my favourite generation; I'd be the first sucker in line to buy Eternity Diamond and Infinity Pearl or whatever.  But the franchise should not eat its own tail indefinitely.  The logical prospect of having Sun/Moon remakes one day boggles the mind.  (...X/Y need it, though.)

I though that I was the only one that though a bad musical joke with the UBs and then this pops up in my YouTube 

• Thumbs Up 1

New trailer outta nowhere, I'm sure it shows things we pretty much know up to this point (plus a VERY suntanned Oak(?) who discusses the regional forms of Alola apparently) 

• Thumbs Up 6

Pokémon Direct            http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/30/FireRed_LeafGreen_Professor_Oak.png/128px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Professor_Oak.png

The eye(brow)s match up - this is probably the same guy.

But jfc how does a man at that age grow longer hair and get that deep a tan without getting skin cancer

His Japanese name is Ookido, it's clearly Samuel there.

I'm actually quite happy. Gen VI felt lacking to me without a direct Kanto reference.

It may not be THE Samuel Oak, if this is speculating on the matter.

...Although I don't see how '4Gamer' came to this conclusion but that's speculation for you I guess. So Serebii also made note of this not being the Oak we know, but his cousin Nariya Oak.

These Gen 1 callbacks are something though. 

Annnnnnnnnd this.

Next batch of Sun and Moon information to come on September 14th at 22:00 JST ~ Serebii's Twitter

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently it's actually Famitsu which reported the character to be Oak's cousin (or maybe both Famitsu and 4Gamer).  The speculation on the "via" link is that the joke is that he's Oak's Alolan form...

More information next Wednesday?  How much stuff is in this game that they can afford to do reveals this often?  ...Oh, right!  Next week is when Coro Coro comes out, and I think they said they'd be revealing Rockruff's evolution, so we can probably expect that.  Rockruff's evolution is another important barometer of leak accuracy, but I imagine it'll be very interesting on its own too.  Given that Coro Coro was also hinting at a secret shared by Rockruff and the starters, we may also be getting the middle starter evolutions, too.  That's my prediction.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Rockruff evolution has been my main hype out of any of these new Pokemon. I've been waiting since Gen 3 for a cool werewolf Pokemon and it looks like all the leaks are pointing to finally having one <3. TBH if those leaks of the starters are true...I might just pick one randomly and box it and use Rockruff as a starter instead since I'm not really too fond of them so far (sadly).

Also it's kinda crazy that we have 48 new Pokemon revealed so far, 49 if you count the Cutiefly evo in that new trailer from today. Add 10 Alohan Kanto Pokemon to that and the UB-01 and we have 60 fucking new creatures. That's pretty astonishing to me for them to have so many revealed before launch. Here's to hoping there's a full 150ish Pokedex of brand new Pokemon not counting the Alohan forms. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if all the Alohan forms are from Kanto like that one leaked suggested. With having Oak's cousin in the game now and whatnot, I'm kinda thinking Aloha, while based on Hawaii, is probably pretty close to the Kanto region. I'd kinda love to have some Gen 5 Alohan forms too if we're getting the US "other side" rep in there too, but with Gen 5 being more NY bound, probably not.

That's me blabbering away in hype anyway. So far I'm really impressed with Sun and Moon and it's shaping up to look like my new favorite Pokemon game. Honestly since BW2 Gamefreak has been doing a stellar job of raising the bar for me in terms of my favorite Pokemon game haha. Lets just see if this trumps my love for Alpha Sapphire.

• Thumbs Up 1