Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

With the Ice Stone, I'm guessing that in addition to Alolan Vulpix and possibly Eevee, that rumored Snowman Pokemon will probably evolve using it as well.

21 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

It feels like a stock animé trope that they decided to include in Pokémon.

So it actually is just like Mega Evolution!

(I do like Megas for the record, my point is they're not all that different, lol.)

On the note of evolutionary stones, I wonder if the Dawn Stone is ever going to get more uses. At the moment it can only evolve two Pokemon, the least out of all of them.

• Thumbs Up 4

On the subject of anime references.

Spoiler

Alain's already canon.  It's only appropriate that the Pokemon who choked fighting him be canon too.

Popplio's evolution is almost good enough to make me sway from Rowlet.

But my boy Rowlet evolves into fucking Miles Edgeworth, so there's no debate here.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not concerned about the Ash-Greninja thing, and even willing to bet it's not obtainable without the demo. This serves as a work around from maybe being "canon" as the demo is possibly an non-canon aspect of Sun and Moon that you can transfer in as just easter-eggy stuffs? Total speculation but I think it's a fun add on anyway, and to be frank I wish instead of mega evolutions we had something more in-line with how Ash Greninja works. Something about having to defeat a Pokemon to bond into a cool form would be way more interesting than just pressing a button that takes a fifth or your touch screen. It won't happen but it'd be neat if some Pokemon got this bond ability that don't yet have a mega evolution to mix things up a bit *shrugs*.

Anyway, the starters are cool and am opening up to them a lot more now. I wasn't really a fan of any of them when first revealed but seeing their second incarnation are making them a little more interesting to me. The thing is I'm not really sure which one I want since they all seem pretty even to me haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing the video, here are my quick little thoughts on them:

The Middle Evolution Starters: Okay, those are pretty neat looking. I'm still going for Team Rowlet tho.

Mega Evolution: Cool! It's good to know that they wouldn't drop it completely.

Ash-Greninja: Eh, whatever...

As for the special demo version, It's nice that they're doing that since after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's demo version. But I won't be surprised that people will data mined it and unveiled pretty much everything, or at least most of the bits where the game has to hide but whatever I guess. I'll wait for the full game to come out.

6 hours ago, Count Vegeta said:

Hey, look! An Ice stone. I presume it's for Alolan Vulpix.

I wonder now, since both an Ice Stone and a Leaf Stone exists, will Eevee now use them to evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon.

Leafeon should have been a thing in Generation 1

Seems the Dream World and Join Avenue have returned!

Alright, here's a recap with Official Artwork for ya!

Starter Evolutions

dartrix.png

tumblr_oejjewYseO1u9lxjdo2_400.gif

• Dartrix
  • Category: Blade Quill Pokémon
  • Type: Grass/Flying
  • Height: 2′04″
  • Weight: 35.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

Dartrix is extremely sensitive to other presences in the area and can detect opponents behind it and throw feathers to strike them without even seeing them. This Pokémon conceals sharp-bladed feathers inside its wings, showing astounding precision as it sends them flying in attack. And it goes beyond propelling its blade quills in simple straight lines—it can even bend these feathers to change their trajectories!

Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it’s also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever.

At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!

torracat.png

tumblr_oejjewYseO1u9lxjdo4_r1_400.gif

• Torracat
  • Category: Fire Cat Pokémon
  • Type: Fire
  • Height: 2′04″
  • Weight: 55.1 lbs.
  • Ability: Blaze

The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat’s neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat’s emotions cause a rise in the organ’s temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell. Torracat attacks using the flames emitted from this bell.

Torracat’s mane serves as an excellent sensory organ, and it can sense what’s going on around it—even in the dark! It can also detect the presence of hidden enemies.

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

brionne.png

tumblr_oejjewYseO1u9lxjdo6_r1_400.gif

• Brionne
  • Category: Pop Star Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 2′00″
  • Weight: 38.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

Brionne learns its dances by imitating the other members of its colony. It sometimes even learns dances from humans. This Pokémon is a hard worker and pours itself into its efforts until it has memorized each dance. As it dances, Brionne creates balloon after balloon. In battle, it first sends its opponent into disarray with its dancing, and then slaps its balloons into its target, causing the balloons to explode and deal damage.

Brionne can dance in perfect time with others, even if they have only just met. On moonlit nights, you can sometimes see throngs of Brionne dancing as one, in perfect fluidity.

Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.

Mega Evolution

tumblr_oeiz5aHtqj1qft94fo1_500.pngtumblr_oeiz5aHtqj1qft94fo2_500.png

Mega Evolution Returns in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
A select number of Pokémon were able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y. As long as you're in possession of the proper Mega Stone, any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, as well. The Mega Stones for Pokémon that appear in the Alola region may be received from people in the game or obtained from special shops.

Pokemon Pelago

banner.png

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, there’s a feature known as Poké Pelago, which Pokémon that have been placed in Boxes can enjoy. Poké Pelago consists of a variety of isles where Pokémon can go exploring, play on athletic equipment, and enjoy other fun activities. If you send many Pokémon to Poké Pelago, you can develop the facilities on your isles—and develop new kinds of isles as well. As these isles are developed and increase in number, you’ll be able to do things like obtain items or raise your Pokémon.

tumblr_oeiyptiIZz1r8sc3ro4_400.jpg

Pokémon visiting Isle Abeens, which you can visit from the start, may sometimes choose to join your party. A Pokémon that displays a heart icon in the bubble above its head has taken a liking to you!

21.jpg

In Isle Aphun, which you can use once you develop it, you may be able to obtain valuable items.

Festival Plaza

img_01.png

tumblr_oeiyjzk3ga1r8sc3ro4_400.jpgtumblr_oeiyjzk3ga1r8sc3ro3_400.jpg

Join the Fun at the Festival Plaza
In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, communication features such as battling and trading are all gathered together in Festival Plaza. This is a place where the festivities never stop, as Pokémon Trainers from around the world meet and mingle.

As you progress through your adventure, you'll become able to use Festival Plaza, where you can welcome other people and take requests to keep things hopping. Talk to your visitors to liven things up!

tumblr_oeiyjzk3ga1r8sc3ro6_400.jpg

Shop with Festival Coins
By talking to people and listening to their requests, you can receive Festival Coins, which you can spend in Festival Plaza. There are all kinds of cool stores in Festival Plaza, such as goody shops where you can get deals on items, bouncy houses for Pokémon to train in, and dye houses where you can dye your clothes new colors.

The rank of your Festival Plaza increases based on the number of Festival Coins you gather. As its rank goes up, you’ll receive rewards—and the things that you can do in Festival Plaza will also increase!

tumblr_oeiyjzk3ga1r8sc3ro10_400.jpg

Tackle Missions as a Team
As your Festival Plaza’s rank goes up, you’ll gain the ability to host missions, where multiple players can try to complete a certain goal together. Missions can be attempted with other players you connect to via local wireless or the Internet. It also seems that global missions will sometimes be held, in which everyone playing Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon can work together to achieve a goal!

Demo Version

tumblr_oejkb7KHyI1syrzkmo1_1280.jpg

Play the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version
Beginning October 18, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version will be available in Nintendo eShop. This is your chance to meet the Pokémon that can be found in November 18’s Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Ash-Greninja, the Pokémon that appears with the hero Ash in the animated TV series Pokémon the Series: XYZ, will also appear in this game as a member of your team—you can adventure together!

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Mega Evolution Returns in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
A select number of Pokémon were able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y. As long as you're in possession of the proper Mega Stone, any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, as well. The Mega Stones for Pokémon that appear in the Alola region may be received from people in the game or obtained from special shops.

Hmm!   it certainly doesn't specify that no new Mega Pokemon evolutions are possible, so, if there are any, it will probably stay secret until the game is released...!  Most likely the demo will not have a complete set of data in it this time.  :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ash Greninja is nothing mroe then nod to the anime that you can easily ignore, not a bit deal at all. Anime or not it still apart of the Pokemon fanrchise and im sure gamefreak had to sign off on the form before its usage, in some way or another it was always gonna make its way into the games.

Liking Rowlett and Popplio evos though, Litten's is tragic, he looks like a dopey garfield-like cat.

• Thumbs Up 1

New GameXplain video covers the projected size of the games, in addition to a possible tidbit about Team Skull's overall goal.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are around twice the size of XY and ORAS, as well larger than Smash 3DS, at 3.2 GB.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Pawn said:

New GameXplain video covers the projected size of the games, in addition to a possible tidbit about Team Skull's overall goal.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are around twice the size of XY and ORAS, as well larger than Smash 3DS, at 3.2 GB.

Johto confirmed!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

We got a english version of the Legendaries Trailer and there is some new info.

Nintendo UK have released a new trailer which is essentially an English version of the Pokémon Sun & Moon Legendary Pokémon trailer released in Japan a few weeks ago. This trailer shows many English lines which were previously in Japanese as well as the names of the Fighting and Ghost Z-Moves, All-Out Pummelling and Never-Ending Nightmare. It also reveals a new character leading a Trial called Ilima. It also gives the English names for three PokéRide options: Lapras Paddle, Sharpedo Jet & Charizard Glide

• Thumbs Up 1

They were smart enough to hide the names on some of the text boxes this time, so we can't tell if one of the lines is really spoken by an unannounced returning character...  However, text glimpsed at the bottom of the screen does seem to confirm that Charizard Glide is basically Fly.

GameXplain has a small portion of the first 2 hours up:

Images are popping up elsewhere too. FFS.. I'd decided not to go with Litten because I prefer Rowlet's final evo, but damn, just look it... D':

eryvCsh.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

So, if I heard right...

Spoiler

When first selecting a starter, the first one you try to pick will be taken by Hau? Because he said he wanted Rowlett, but Hau went ahead and picked it before him, leaving him to pick Popplio (Because he didn't want Litten)

Also, dunno why they didn't post the entire CoroCoro page...but regarding Jangmo'o

Spoiler

some are saying that it says that it's evolution is Dragon/Fighting, though no talk about it's name or appearance

EDIT: Reading more in Serebii's article it says that, according to their source, Jangmo'o's evolution line is in the magazine and that the evolution in Japan is know as Jarango and then evolves in Jararanga

And regarding Type: Null

Spoiler

It says that it evolves in a pokemon called Shiruvadi

EDIT...again: after Jangmo'o's info, it said also that, according to their source, Shiruvadi's ability is AR System, which allows it to change type according to the item it holds

15 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

So, if I heard right...

Hide contents

When first selecting a starter, the first one you try to pick will be taken by Hau? Because he said he wanted Rowlett, but Hau went ahead and picked it before him, leaving him to pick Popplio (Because he didn't want Litten)

No, it was Andre (another GameXplain guy) that picked the starter he was considering. He just wanted to go for something different.

Oh good. That's a relief...

Now, regarding Brionne's appearance, it looks very female, so it can cause some confusion

Culos66WEAAqMRg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

5 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Oh good. That's a relief...

Now, regarding Brionne's appearance, it looks very female, so it can cause some confusion

Culos66WEAAqMRg.jpg

Kirlia/Gardevoir 2.0.

1. THAT'S A GOOD DRAGON LINE. It looks super inspired by pangolins which is A+ to me.

2. At first I was like Type:Null is pretty cool. Now that it's a cool ass doge, homg please give.

3. This

2LoMW8d.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Spoiler

Type: Null's evo looks freaking badass. I love it!

I still stand on my opinion that Alolan Grimer looks like a hobo.

When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time thanks to its ability, AR System. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item

So its held item works in tandem with its Ability akin to how the Plates themselves allow Arceus to change its type? Adding more fuel to the Arceus tie-in fire for the headcanons. Although as it stated it's not confirmed if it's just one or eighteen different ones...

...and holy crap Jangmo-o's final evo Jararanga is badass. 

• Thumbs Up 2