Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Spoiler

ADULT RED AND BLUE????

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

I think I'll be going with Rowlet as my starter, now that I know it's not Grass/Flying.

Grass/Ghost? Wut?

While it makes total sense for the balance with Dark and Fairy, I wouldn't have guessed ghost on that thing in a million years!

• Thumbs Up 3

HOLYYYY FUDGE!!!!!!!!

That's it I'm picking Rowlet. Decidueye (How do you even pronounce that) looks too cool! I wasn't expecting it to be a Ghost type tho...

Also Incineroar is a Fire Dark type. Go crazy! I also like Tapu Fini's design.

And the music in this trailer is siiick. Hope it's in the game!

Dude, Litten final evo is so cool! Too bad Rowlet's Final is probably more useful in the end. Now, while the post game stuff IS hype, I wish they saved that as a surprise instead of spoiling it in a trailer. I know other trailers "spoil" the Pokémon in a sense but I don't think it as big of a deal compare to literally just pouring out a major post game event without any forewarning.

• Thumbs Up 3

Grass/Ghost? Well that was unexpected! But I like it! And it's so surreal to see Red and Blue as adults.

>Cynthia

this is it

this is the best Pokémon game

So there is a league after all, huh! I suppose I should've expected as much, but you know. So much was changed, I wasn't sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how Cynthia was the first one they showed off. That isn't sarcasm btw, I love Cynthia.

I was expecting Red and Blue to show up so I'm not too bothered they spoiled the surprise. I'm just hoping we might get to see some of the other former protags...I know, it's not gonna happen, but I can dream, okay?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm having a hard time picking if I want the water or fire starter... I like both really good. All 3 starters are amazing designs IMO. And cool to see Red & Blue.

No love for the remaining island guardians?  Apparently Tapu Lele scatters harmful scales and "casually brings others to ruin."  I'm not sure how that makes her a guardian of anything!

Also, what was up with Cosmog being introduced out of the blue.  Wonder if it has any relationship to Minior.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love this generation. I was iffy on Liften after the concept art leaked, but it actually looks really cool fully animated. I'm definitely not switching back though, as Decidueye looks even better itself. And Ghost-type? Holy shit, it's just gained 10 points. Popplio's is good too, even I prefer the others.

Shite names though. Seriously, wtf.

The Tapus meanwhile are by far my favourite legendaries. While the Regis are just as unique among special Pokemon, they're not nearly as appealing as these guys. Grass and Water were unexpected when people assumed they would match the bird's (I forget it's name) various types.

• Thumbs Up 1

>My birb boy becomes a freaking GHOST (even if it has a weird and kinda dumb name)

>Tapus look cool and I might use one

>They resisted the Fire/Fighting temptation (even if the worst evo is basically one in spirit)

>3D Cynthia

>Red and Blue are goddamn men now

Get this game out already please ;A;

• Thumbs Up 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! A Ghost Starter!?

This is amazing! Rowlet is my favorite starter EVER! Another Ghost is another great thing and this is the best reveal yet. Here I thought I was going to have too many Flying types over Ghost types. Awww man I'm so hyped for spooky madness.

And I told you guys about Incineroar being Fire/Dark and you didn't believe me! D: I gotta say I love seeing it in action. Its very expressive to say the least. Its artwork looks much better than the one in the leaks. Second favorite starter right there.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was THIS close with switching sides to Decidueye (Grass/Ghost being on it is sure a surprise)....but I think I'm going to stick with Incineroar because it's a heel pro wrestling cat Pokemon and I'm just loving that. But then again my brother said he's choosing Litten so...my

And oh my god my boys Red and Blue are grown ass men now and I'm so happy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. The Sinnoh Champ That Runs the Camp is back too? Awwww yes.

So questions:

So the Battle Tree IS the recently created Alolan Pokemon League? It's pretty much established that there's no traditional League system, so I wonder how late into game this development is.

Judging by Red and blue's appearance, what would you say is a good time frame these games take place? Ya know, considering Cynthia and Wally doesn't seem like they aged that much.

If this is a place for "former champions and famous trainers" why is Wally there lmao (not really a serious question)

• Thumbs Up 2

Decidueye is possibly the most bizarre name I've heard for any starter ever, but the ghost typing more than makes up for it.  Still, I think I might just prefer Primarina, since it's about time we got a got a rival for Meganium in the cutest final starter contest.  Love the addition of the all star trainers too.  #Cynthiaforbestcameo.

I love all the starters and I want them all. But I'm definitely choosing Decidueye the Robin Hood owl just looks badass to me. It's name is actually based of the Deciduous.

Grass/Ghost, huh? Well I know who I'm going to pick now. it was up in the air between decidueye and Primarina, but the ghost grass typing and Prima's lame ass special move sealed the deal.

Incineroar it is! I want to lariat the sh* out of all pokemon (aaand...maybe trainers too according to it's bio...)

Also if they are bringing Wally back, they better use his battle theme from Victory Road.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I'm also hopping onto the Ghost Owl train. Sorry, Popplio, but Decidueye's design is just too cool. (And Ash-Greninja is a much better Water-type)

I'm also stoked to see fan-favorite Trainers return! Hopefully we get some from the anime as well...

Spoiler

Holding the kalos league trophy

I swear, I will put you and your dragon down some day.

And is it me, or is Alolan Persian's face vaguely Garfield-esque?

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Incineroar it is! I want to lariat the sh* out of all pokemon (aaand...maybe trainers too according to it's bio...)

Also if they are bringing Wally back, they better use his battle theme from Victory Road.

Agreed. That theme is too damn good to not use again.

I'm still trying to figure out how to say Decidueye's name, but yeah. That, Primarina and Incineroar are all awesome. While everyone else is still having their "choosing wars", I'm gonna do what I did last Gen and get all three for my journey. One big happy family. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Decidueye is probably the craftiest name ever.

"Deciduous" is the obvious grass-related word there, and Eye at first sounds like its related to the owl theme. But then one remembers that an expert archer/marksman is sometimes called a Deadeye in North America, so Decidueye is essentially a bulkier version of the word with the intent of keeping the grass pun in effect. 

And with all things Dark and Dead, the Ghost type adds an extra layer to the name.

Top tier name.

• Thumbs Up 5

Owlbro, I picked you since you were revealed and you haven't let me down since.

Ghost starter! <3

Now I wait for the Decidueye initiative.

Also, I really love how despite the leaks this game still has stuff to get me hyped for the release. Despite some negatives I have here and there this feels like it's going to be a great game/s.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Decidueye is probably the craftiest name ever.

"Deciduous" is the obvious grass-related word there, and Eye at first sounds like its related to the owl theme. But then one remembers that an expert archer/marksman is sometimes called a Deadeye in North America, so Decidueye is essentially a bulkier version of the word with the intent of keeping the grass pun in effect. 

And with all things Dark and Dead, the Ghost type adds an extra layer to the name.

Top tier name.

The ideas behind the name might be cool, but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue..

• Thumbs Up 2

So, since we're getting Red and he's being shown as some sort of legend, shouldn't we be getting the guy who beat his punk ass, Gold?

• Thumbs Up 1