Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

So...the first scan (This is for people tha haven't ben up to date with the new reveals and want to know the names and just that...

Spoiler

That's the gen's third wheel legendary called Necrozma

The second scan...

Spoiler

The left one is UB-04 Blade and the right one UB-04 Blaster if I remember correctly

The first new design looks kind of... awkwardly geometric.  I assumed it was another Ultra Beast at first, but no.  Not sure if it works for me, but I would probably have to see its model.

The actual new Ultra Beasts continue the theme of being obliquely related to some specific motif (jellyfish, insects, etc.); they remind me increasingly of the Ba'als from Bravely Second, or perhaps something out of Shin Megami Tensei.  I notice portraits of Faba and Wicke conspicuously placed at the bottom of that second page.  I wonder why.

I also wonder if there'll be one last pre-release informational video that would cover these, but I don't believe we've been given a date for one this time.

16 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

I finally pre-ordered my copy of Pokémon Sun today. I was meant to do it much earlier but for some reason I pushed it this close its release (which is 23rd in Europe). I'm will get the Steelbook Edition since it wasn't that much more expensive than the standard version. yay!

I should pre-order my game, too, but it's a bit disheartening to know we'll be late to the party relative to both the international release and leaks - and more than that, I've found I'll be away for a few days right over the release date, in a place where there probably won't be any stores selling the game.  Still, if I pre-order, I guess there's always the hope of it being sent early on some fluke.

The hair stuff is actually a mineral that forms from volcanic activity nicknamed Pele's Hair. 

So now between this trailer and Corocoro, we've seen all the UBs available before the game is out. There's not much left secret now, is there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally dig how much the Pokemon's personalities are shown in some of the animations, particularly the Z-moves.

On the other hand, getting rid of Diglett and Dugtrio's extremely useful Arena Trap ability? I don't "dig" that, lol. I just find it strange that they would make a new form for a Pokemon be so totally outclassed by the old form, which is what this will do. It's also ironic considering this seems to be a generation full of powerful abilities.

Seems like our last trailer before release. Lot of official artwork and information revealed today!

tumblr_ogmyvdYhnl1sb8meto2_1280.pngtumblr_ogmyvdYhnl1sb8meto1_1280.png

I'm not sure where these originate from but it is confirmed to be official artwork.

portrait02.png

portrait02.png

portrait02.png

Meanwhile new official artwork of Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina from the Japanese Official Site. 

New Alola Forms/Alolan Regional Variants

alolan_diglett.png

Alolan Diglett

• Category: Mole Pokémon
  • Type: Ground/Steel
  • Height: 0′8″
  • Weight: 2.2 lbs.
  • Abilities: Sand Veil or Tangling Hair

Diglett in the Alola region live near volcanic areas, so they have few places to hide themselves away. Their tunneling activity plows the land, creating cultivated soil that's great for agriculture. Because of this, many people in the Alola region are grateful for the presence of Diglett.

The hairlike growths sprouting from Diglett’s head are metallic whiskers. It’s said they developed these stiff yet flexible whiskers in order to survive in the hostile volcanic environment. The whiskers provide a sensory function, enabling Alolan Diglett to scan the surrounding area without exposing their faces aboveground.

Their current emotional state is revealed by their whiskers. When their whiskers stand straight up, they're angry. Whiskers that wave are a sign that the Pokémon is on alert. When they swing their whiskers around, they're in a good mood, and when their whiskers droop, they're feeling lonely or downhearted.

Alolan Diglett can have the Tangling Hair Ability, which is a new Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Tangling Hair Ability, opponents that hit Alolan Diglett with a move that makes direct contact will have their Speed lowered by 1.

alolan_dugtrio.png
Alolan Dugtrio

• Category: Mole Pokémon
  • Type: Ground/Steel
  • Height: 2′04″
  • Weight: 146.8 lbs.
  • Abilities: Sand Veil or Tangling Hair

In the Alola region, Dugtrio is revered as an incarnation of the god of the land, and it’s treated with great importance. This is why the people of Alola fall to their knees and bow deeply whenever they come across an Alolan Dugtrio that has poked its faces out of its burrow.

Alolan Dugtrio’s whiskers shine with a brilliance akin to golden hair. The whiskers are flexible, just like Diglett’s, but hard and strong. They continue to grow throughout an Alolan Dugtrio’s life, although at a very slow rate. Removing Alolan Dugtrio whiskers from the Alola region is prohibited. It’s said that those who take them receive divine punishment. Every year, many tourists come back, apparently to return whiskers they had taken.

There is a superstitious belief that many Alolan Dugtrio come out of their holes on a day when a volcano will erupt. Older residents of Alola will flee immediately at the sight. It’s thought that Alolan Dugtrio, which live beneath the ground’s surface, detect movements in the ground that indicate an impending eruption and are so alarmed that they come aboveground.

Version Exclusives

• Pokémon Exclusive to Pokémon Sun: Turtonator, Alolan Vulpix, and Passimian
  • Pokémon Exclusive to Pokémon Moon: Drampa, Alolan Sandshrew, and Oranguru

What’s Up with Rockruff?
Rockruff is a special Pokémon that can evolve into different forms depending on which game you're playing. However, you may be able to find both of its evolved forms in the wild. Search for them—both day and night!

New Ultra Beasts

img_01.png

This is UB 03 Lighting (aka Lightning in Japanese). There is no other information about it.

img_02.png

UB-05 Glutton
This beast has an astounding appetite, and it will completely devour anything in front of its eyes. It’s said that it devours not only objects, but the ground, rivers, and even the seas!

Despite the abnormal amounts that this beast consumes, it’s said that it doesn’t produce any waste products. It’s possible that it’s completely converting everything it eats into energy to sustain itself, but the true details remain unknown.

Mysterious Creature

img.png

Even more mystery awaits in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!

Types of Z-Moves and 3 New Signature Z-Moves

The Power of Z-Moves Revealed!
Z-Moves are special moves that a Pokémon can use when it’s holding a Z-Crystal that corresponds to its move’s type, but their effects seem to vary greatly depending on whether they’re based on attack moves or status moves.

Z-Move Attack Details
Z-Moves based on attack moves have far greater power than usual moves, but how powerful they will be does seem to depend on the power of the original move that a Z-Move is based on. Since Z-Moves are full-powered attacks, they also seem to be impossible to fully ward off with moves like Protect and Detect—they will still do damage.

Z-Move Status Move Details
When you pour your Z-Power into a status move, it will be powered up into a status move with new effects added to it. These effects seem to come in many varieties, so some may raise your own Pokémon’s stats, while others may heal the next Pokémon to switch in, for example.

tumblr_inline_ognhps5Umb1tvvsht_500.gif

Exclusive Z-Move: Sinister Arrow Raid
Decidueye slices through the air together with a hail of arrow quills, crashing into the target before dealing the final blow with its arrows.

tumblr_inline_ognhsqpPJv1tvvsht_500.gif

Exclusive Z-Move: Malicious Moonsault
Spouting flames from its flame belt, Incineroar leaps high into the sky and dives down upon its target!

tumblr_inline_ognhvvgijf1tvvsht_500.gif

Exclusive Z-Move: Oceanic Operetta
Primarina manipulates a huge balloon with its voice, causing it to explode over its target’s head to deal great damage.

Other Media: Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon

tumblr_ognvyzvopN1v6cw9ho1_540.jpg

Coming Soon

• Thumbs Up 7

Reviews are coming in, and they're mostly positive. 

Polygon - 8.5/10

IGN - 9/10

Gamesrader - 4/5

Gamexplain

Current Metacritic Score - 88% 

The main points of praise are improvements on long time traditions of the series, changing up a lot of said traditions, an honest to god attempt at telling a story with much better characterization, all without losing what makes the series fun in the first place. 

These are honestly shaping up to be the best games in years for the franchise, which is saying something considering the series generally does good as it is.

• Thumbs Up 5

Have any reviews mentioned that (according to people who got the game early), there's apparently no National Dex?

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Have any reviews mentioned that (according to people who got the game early), there's apparently no National Dex?

Que?

...Actually now that I sense, anyone else feels the term 'National Pokdex' is kinda outdated in a way? 

It's not just the name--that would actually make sense, maybe change it to International Dex or something. No, what I mean is, the usual Pokedex upgrade that you get later on in the game allegedly isn't a thing this time around. So the only Pokemon that get entries are those that you can find in Sun & Moon itself.

Worth noting is that Pokemon Bank is going to have a Pokedex feature, so if there's any truth to there not being a National Dex in SM at all...maybe they're trying to sell that as the replacement. Bleh.

Unless they plan to add that "(Inter)National Pokedex later with an update when Pokebank is aviable for Sun/Moon? If I remember right, You won't be able to transfer your bank mons to Sun/Moon until January

So has anybody heard that people who got their copies early or hacked are now banned from wifi entirely, with there whole consoles banned as well?

5 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

So has anybody heard that people who got their copies early or hacked are now banned from wifi entirely, with there whole consoles banned as well?

I just heard about that myself. In addition, a huge amount of spoilers has come out already.

Wednesday 23rd won't come fast enough, dammit! I've been trying to relieve my impatience by playing as much Alpha Sapphire and LF/FR as I can. 

I went to the midnight release and grabbed my pre-orders, so I have both games now. =D

Starting with Sun. I grabbed a female Popplio as my starter. Only took 10 to 12 resets, too. <3

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

I went to the midnight release and grabbed my pre-orders, so I have both games now. =D

Starting with Sun. I grabbed a female Popplio as my starter. Only took 10 to 12 resets, too. <3

Same here, except I got a Female Rowlet on my first playthrough on Moon.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:
  Hide contents

p5AzswY.gif

okay there Pikachu calm dow- HOLY DOOLEY

it was just a level 5 yungoos

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:
  Hide contents

p5AzswY.gif

okay there Pikachu calm dow- HOLY DOOLEY

I really can't wait to figure out how to get this thing. <3