Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

I'm already screwed on that one, since the Mega Stone I'm after the most is Beedrillite. Unless they end up giving them all out later as a "second chance" deal, it sounds like I'm gonna have to wait until the next game(s) are revealed.

Yeah I signed up for a competition for the first time ever 'cause Mawile is my fave and its mega stone is the only thing that makes it worth a damn in a fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, actually

The Pokémon Company has put out a new note clarifying how the currently missing Mega Stones are going to be distributed. In the note, it explains that the Mega Stones will come through two means
First, given as a present to players of Online Competitions, such as with the Mawilite and Beedrillite in the upcoming 2017 International Challenge February competition. Here, a limited amount of players will get the code ahead of a wait period of 1 to 2 months before all players get the code.
Second is just through a code that will be given to all players through various events/online postings with no wait period
The method will vary depending on the Mega Stone and they intend to go through these methods until Summer.

So basically those who sign up will get the Mega Stones a month or 2 early

• 3 weeks later...

So remember that Ash-Hat Pikachu that was data mined? Well it's been confirmed that it's going to be the distribution Pokemon for the upcoming movie 

• Thumbs Up 2

Expected.

I was outta the loop there were six of them based after the anime series. So you either get one randomly out of the six, or you can choose? Feels like a code distribution if the latter option is true. 

And that also means the Pikachium Z will also be able to be obtained.

Disregard.

32 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So remember that Ash-Hat Pikachu that was data mined? Well it's been confirmed that it's going to be the distribution Pokemon for the upcoming movie 

corocoro4172.jpg

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. This notes that Ash Hat Pikachu have been confirmed to be the distribution for the movie if you prebook your tickets. You will receive one Serial Code that comes with the special Pikachushumium Z Crystal.

• Original Cap can be obtained from April 15th to May 1st and then July 19th to July 31st
  • Hoenn Cap from May 3rd through May 15th then again August 2nd through August 14th.
  • Sinnoh Cap from May 17th to May 29th with a repeat on August 16th through August 28th.
  • From May 31st through June 12th you can get the Unova Cap, repeated on August 30th through September 11th.
  • From June 14th through June 26th you can get the Kalos Cap, repeated September 13th through 25th
  • finally from June 28th to July 17th you can get the Alola Cap Pikachu, repeated from September 27th through October 9th.

You can only redeem a pre-booking ticket serial code once. We'll bring more as it comes

That Z-Crystal though...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that answers my question on distribution. So disregarding that...

Yeah serial code distribution it is at Gamestop here in the States then. That Z Crystal name though hahaha.

Just curious, how's this gen doing at the moment? It's been a while I played Sun last time. I seem to be so burnt-out with Pokemon at this point, playing gen after gen just gets really bland. I mean Sun was a really enjoyable Pokemon game in my books, but died the quickest for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I already saw those quite a while ago, but I suppose it gives me an excuse to speculate/ramble on Necrozma.

Namely what the fuck, the head's its tail and the torso's its head. I've read one theory that says it's an Ultra Beast that more or less "shattered" when it came to the Pokémon world and reassembled itself, if imperfectly, to adapt to its new environment. And since we all know Necrozma's going to get at least one extra forme (because heaven forbid we break that trend), I can easily see that torso becoming the head of a Psychic/Dragon type (or maybe Psychic/Dark, given Necrozma seems to be an absence of light). Given how Z-Crystals have no explanation and just "exist" in Sun/Moon, maybe Necrozma could store Ultra Wormhole energy inside itself and the Z-Crystals are energised shards of its true body?

In fact, I'm expecting this supposed forme to be the "real" Necrozma, and for it to be connected in some way to Cosmog. Since apparantly Solgaleo/Lunala's influence in each game's world is powerful enough to affect Lycanroc's evolutions, maybe it also affects Cosmoem's evolution as a result, and Necrozma is Cosmoem evolving in the absence of either (in Ultra Space?). Or, if it's meant to be representing a black dwarf or black hole, it's a kinda-sorta-not-really evolution born from a dying and unevolved Cosmoem. After all, Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and Zygarde had design elements that matched those of their mascots, but Necrozma doesn't really have that; it seems far more distinct from the Cosmog line (no gold markings, no resemblance to a real world animal, no secondary typing). About the only things it has in common are its ability to refract light (in contrast to Solgaleo's emittance and Lunala's absorbance) and the head, which kinda resembles the mascots' glowing cosmic head, but it looks pretty distinct unlike, say, Giratina or Kyurem's heads. Maybe a new forme would make their relation more obvious?

Double post, but hark, the gods at Game Freak finally acknowledged that Marshadow exists:

lKsis8Q.png

A First Look at Marshadow

The details of the latest Mythical Pokémon are shrouded in mystery!

A new Mythical Pokémon has been discovered in the world of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Marshadow cannot be encountered in normal gameplay. Details will be introduced in the future on how Trainers can get this Pokémon for their game.

Keep checking Pokemon.co.uk for more information on the Mythical Pokémon Marshadow.

I hope they pull a Magearna for distributing this thing (as in, you can actually get it past the game's lifespan ten years from now). But yeah, I'm kinda surprised they revealed this so soon. And this is the last Mythical Pokémon there is in Gen VII - they blew their load pretty quickly and Necrozma's never been acknowledged as an Important Pokémon What Matters A Whole Lot yet. I guess there's the inevitable formes in D/P remakes or whatever, but Marshadow seems pretty dang powerful without one (Ghost/Fighting = nothing it can't hit, a signature move that steals status buffs and applies them before hitting, Technician for its Ability, and it hits like a speeding truck).

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully it's Pokemon from x y or black white. Sun and moon outside the story Pokemon bored me

With all the rumors about Pokemon Stars that's been buzzing for months if nothing happens then Nintendo are one of the biggest trolls in gaming

.... You guys do know that they show the merchandise in that very article right?

But hey ....

6ef365421b7797aeabb9fbc24a87c1faf7aa12bb2f8749c7ddc0842db7daa668673e259418897a7b

.... GET IN THE BAG NEBBY!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

evolution1.pngevolution2.png

Marshadow

• Category: Gloomdweller Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting/Ghost
  • Height: 2'04"
  • Weight: 48.9 lbs.
  • Ability: Technician

Known as the Gloomdweller Pokémon, the Mythical Pokémon Marshadow conceals itself in the shadows. It never appears before humans, so its very existence is the stuff of myth. Marshadow sinks into the shadows of others, and is able to copy their movements and power. 

Marshadow is a very cautious Pokémon. It sinks into shadows and observes what is going on around it in such a way that no one else will notice it. This may be the reason why is so rarely seen. 

Among the numerous Pokémon discovered to date, Marshadow is remarkably the first to combine Fighting type and Ghost type. Even regarding its types, Marshadow is an extremely rare Pokémon. Fighting-type Pokémon are usually ill-suited in battle against Psychic-type Pokémon, but now you’ll be able to take advantage of Marshadow’s Ghost type to battle effectively!

When Marshadow unleashes moves, it turns green! When standing up to enemies with its full power, such as when unleashing moves, parts of Marshadow’s body turn green, thanks to its burning fighting spirit.

img_06.png

Spectral Thief is a new move that only Marshadow can learn. This move steals any stat boosts that the target had, and then deals an attack. It’s a powerful physical move with a never-before-seen and surprising effect. Change a crisis into a chance, and victory is within your grasp!

img_07.png

Marshadow also has a signature Z-Move! Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike is a special Z-Move that can be used by a Marshadow that knows Spectral Thief and is holding the special Z-Crystal Marshadium Z, which cannot be obtained through regular gameplay.

A Z-Powered Marshadow leaps out of its Trainer’s shadow and unleashes its full force on an opponent with a flurry of punches and kicks with this powerful Z-Move! Check back for details on how to get Marshadow and its powerful Z-Crystal Marshadium Z!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like it's finally beginning, at last.  I wonder if we might soon expect a Pokemon news video like those delivered during the Sun/Moon promotion cycle, too.

The apparent new Lycanroc has reddish fur and green eyes, and its head resembles that of Midday Form, but that's about all we can say from such a tiny image and with all that other chaotic Coro Coro stuff cluttering up the space.  I hear tell that there was already found to be room for a new Lycanroc form from Global Link listings or some such, although there seems to be some debate in interpretation as to whether it indicates one form or multiple - but a form associated with dusk and dawn which takes features from both Midday and Midnight Form is an interesting idea, and the reddish fur would link up with a sunrise/sunset theme.

If I'm honest, the idea of more Lycanrocs strikes me as kind of gimmicky, as the originals seemed like a pretty pure concept which... wasn't executed terribly well.  Regardless, it's fun to be speculating about this sort of thing again.

vg-usum-8-5-169-en.jpg

It's western translation is called 'Dusk Form' Lycanroc.

It's been confirmed that a new form of Lycanroc appears in the world of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon—Dusk Form. The colors of Dusk Form Lycanroc's body and eyes differ from those of previously discovered Lycanroc, Midday Form and Midnight Form.

You can't get Dusk Form Lycanroc on your team by ordinary methods, such as discovering the mysterious Pokémon in the wild.

So check back soon for news on how you can get Dusk Form Lycanroc, along with more details on the upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless there turns out to also be a "dawn" Lycanroc, that's an odd choice of name. Surely "twilight" would have been a more neutral name?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't get Pokémon Company. We're 3 months from release and the first news we get is that Lycanroc has a new form. Not even details on this form. Just that it exists.

• Thumbs Up 1