Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

So does anyone know if there's a midnight release for this game or not? Or do we have to wait a little longer to find out?

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

So does anyone know if there's a midnight release for this game or not? Or do we have to wait a little longer to find out?

I know the GameStops in my area are doing Midnight releases.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 22/10/2017 at 10:09 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

There's another interview that's largely the same, but does mention that the Ultra Recon Squad apparantly tried to control Necrozma in the past, but something went wrong and that's how it took Ultra Megalopolis's light (great jorb, guys). There's also another interview which supposedly mentions that one URS pair wants to control Necrozma for its power while the other wants to stop it, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Overlooked detail from that interview: "Even if there won't be traditional gyms as such, [USUM] will have a new feature based on the same idea and we want the players to try it by themselves."  Could this be related to that Vermillion Gym lookalike we saw in an early trailer?  Maybe there are recreations of overseas gyms scattered around as additional challenges.

27 minutes ago, -Robin- said:
  Hide contents

uscard.jpgumcard.jpg

Aaaand Team Rocket grunts.

#NeoTeamRocket

...Why, though?  I wonder... actually, I have been wondering if the Aether Foundation are still going to be the villains this time around.  The Ultra Recon Squad appear to be at least partially antagonistic, but maybe there's another replacement group, too.

This falls in line with a 4chan leaker's list that also predicted a more stable Lusamine, more UBs, and Necrozma forms.

The list also included more Alolan Forms, and even more villain teams pulled from the alternate dimensions to fight, ala Yugioh VRains.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Team Rocket being in is really awesome. Would be cool to team up with Red and Blue to fight them.

Speaking of them, I hope the Battle Tree has more old trainers. Gold is still the best.

Spoiler

If this 4chan leak is on the money about facing other villainous teams ala Ultra Wormholes I do hope this part or this expanded postgame that was discussed in that interview. Either way, I'm pretty psyched for this.

Pls bring the Executives back in some fashion let them not be stuck in Poke Purgatory

@Marcello You want Gold I want Silver to be a Battle Tree opponent they can make it work with the whole starter thing

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, -Robin- said:

This falls in line with a 4chan leaker's list that also predicted a more stable Lusamine, more UBs, and Necrozma forms.

The list also included more Alolan Forms, and even more villain teams pulled from the alternate dimensions to fight, ala Yugioh VRains.

Non-insane Lusamine doesn't seem like the sort of thing a hoaxer would invent...  Swell if true.  Whether or not there would be more Alolan Forms was my last real concern for the game, but they still have weeks left to announce them.

9 hours ago, Red said:

Could someone post that 4Chan leak? I'd like to see how much they predicted.

6 hours ago, CD Sanic said:

Could someone please link the 4chan leak?

Spoiler

eehl1zZ.png

Here's a screencap of one leak, although I'm not sure if that's it.

There were so many rumors since the Announcement Trailer...

• The date for the next bit of information for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been announced. The information is to come on November 2nd at 22:00 JST/13:00 UTC/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT.
  • In addition to this, the official site has put out a plethora of new images focusing on various elements of the game. Not much new information was provided but it does showcase many subevents that happen in the game that didn't exist in Sun & Moon such as Bewear show in Hau'oli Mall, Team Skull ambushing an Alolan Vulpix and various other events. It also confirms Furfrou, Mime Jr., Buneary, Hawlucha and Inkay are in the new Alola Dex and hints at a use for the Strange Souvenir. 
  • We also have confirmation on the return of all Global Link features including Championship Battle, which follows the World Championships ruleset as well as the return of Poké Pelago and Festival Plaza.

133.jpg

As much as I like regular cups...

134.jpg135.jpg135.jpg

I do like that each drink now has visual differences now. Bring on the Roserade Tea.

As a reminder, the next batch of USUM information is slated to come out in just over four hours.  I don't think they've tended to announce information releases for this game in advance before now, so hopefully it'll be good.

Giovanni's House of Villains is real

acb.gif

Giovanni has a fucking Mewtwo

cc8.gif

BATTLE FACTORY IS BACK

da3.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

So having Giovanni and Cyrus and Oh G-Cis What Are You Wearing back is cool and all, but I've noticed a few things:

1) Archie and Maxie are in their original designs, not their OR/AS ones. Looks like that multiverse thing is practically crystalised by now.

2) This seems to be the first time Mewtwo's playing an active role in a main series plot; beforehand it was always just a weirdo who hung out in a cave until you show up to catch it.

3) Oh my god, are they actually letting us visit unique locations significant to each Legendary, and not just going for the anti-climactic one-size-fits-all Hoopa ring shit? Please do!

4) Zygarde actually has a proper background and fight now, it seems. Rest in fucking pieces, Zygarde Cells.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm wondering why people as ambitious as, say, Cyrus and Ghetsis would bother working under someone like Giovanni. Guy's basically a low-level thug compared to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of ALL the times I trade in my 3DS...

Also, I wonder if we get to fight the bosses seperately, and if so, whether they'll just use the music tracks from their original or remade games or if they'll get new arrangements.

Not sure how I feel about them using classic Maxie and Archie, but on the other hand, they've been going all-in on parallel universes and this underlines that - not least since the leaks indicate that Rainbow Rocket literally come from a whole bunch of other universes rather than having gotten together of their own accord.  That would be stupid; the result is still pretty silly, but at least it's more obviously just fanservice rather than something we're meant to actually believe in.

This also more or less confirms the leak that also stated there'd be new Alolan Forms, phew!  The next information drop has been dated for just over a week from now, on November 10th, which will also be a week from the games' release.  They're cutting it fine, nailbitingly so, but at this point there's a pretty good chance of new Alolan Forms being in the games after all.  Saving the best 'til last, perhaps?

Also, I urge everyone to watch the Japanese trailer as well:

WMZO1kt.png

• Thumbs Up 1