Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

S-so... much... fanservice...

Now THIS is what I call an anniversary game! Goddammit, I need this now!

If there's new Alolan forms I might reconsider purchasing it. Doubly so if they're of gen2 and/or 3 this time.

Just don't get why they wouldn't have bothered to advertise them.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but totem-size Pokemon are also obtainable

Totem Stickers are a new element of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Spread around the Alola Region, you'll find special stickers in various places. If you collect all these stickers, you can receive special Totem Sized Pokémon, with the Pokémon you receive change depending on the sticker count that you have.

https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/totemstickers.shtml

4 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'm wondering why people as ambitious as, say, Cyrus and Ghetsis would bother working under someone like Giovanni. Guy's basically a low-level thug compared to them.

I imagine it's just a matter of money.

Alternatively, the villains are all from separate universes where they won (or something like that), and only joined forces for...whatever's going on here. I think that'd make a bit more sense, plus it'd be kinda neat to see a few different "bad end" worlds.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

If there's new Alolan forms I might reconsider purchasing it. Doubly so if they're of gen2 and/or 3 this time.

Just don't get why they wouldn't have bothered to advertise them.

Yeah, I'm not expecting it at this point unless they really wanna keep it a surprise. Maybe they finally heard the complaints about how they usually show off virtually every new Pokemon / form before release?

What excites me is that legendaries are seen on the map again. It felt less climactic when they were basically just like wild Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 3

Team Recap is blasting off again! Plus, an overview Trailer was posted on the Japanese Pokemon YouTube.

11 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

English Trailer

Japanese Trailer

Team Rainbow Rocket

DNoQ6kGX0AA8SPR.jpg

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the greatest villainous organization in history appears! It’s Team Rainbow Rocket—made up of the bosses from past titles in the Pokémon series!

The boss of Team Rainbow Rocket is none other than Giovanni, who was also the boss of the villainous organization known as Team Rocket in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, the first games in the Pokémon series.

But that’s not the worst of it—Giovanni has gathered into one group the bosses from the various past games in the Pokémon series! You and your allies will have to square off against what might be your greatest challenge yet!

What in the world could Giovanni and his allies be after, appearing in the Alola region so suddenly...?

...did Team Rainbow Rocket take over the Festival Plaza?

DNpVDBhUQAAJ33o.jpg:large

p03_03_EN.jpg

Giovanni is the boss of Team Rocket, which made its debut in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.He schemes to commit many evil deeds using the Pokémon of the world. While he’s the boss of Team Rocket, he was also the Gym Leader of the Viridian City Gym, and he stood in the hero’s way countless times.

p04_03_EN.jpg

Maxie is the boss of Team Magma, an villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire. He schemed to use the power of the Legendary Pokémon Groudon to dry up the seas and expand the lands, with the goal of increasing the space available to be used by those living on the land. He seems calm and collected, but he is ruthless—he will show no mercy to those who stand in his way.

p05_03_EN.jpg

Archie is the boss of Team Aqua, an villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire.He tried to bring great rains down upon the land, borrowing the power of the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre in his hopes of expanding the sea, which is the source of all life. While he brims with empathy in his attempts to restore nature for the sake of Pokémon, he will use force to overwhelm anyone who’s in the way of his realizing his ideal world.

p06_03_EN.jpg

Cyrus is the boss of Team Galactic, the villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.Believing that the human heart is imperfect, Cyrus held a desire to use the power of the Legendary Pokémon Dialga or Palkia to erase the current world and create a perfect new world. He always conducts himself in a cool and logical way, and he is greatly trusted by his subordinates in Team Galactic.

p07_03_EN.jpg

Ghetsis is the boss of Team Plasma, the villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. He planned to use the powers of the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram or Zekrom—as well as a boy called N, who is able to understand the hearts of Pokémon—to realize his desire that only his team should have Pokémon and should rule over all those without Pokémon. He speaks politely and acts like a gentleman, but he also shows glimpses of a cruel side—treating N, a boy he raised as if N were his own son, like a monster.

p08_03_EN.jpg

Lysandre is the boss of Team Flare, the villainous organization that appeared in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. He is, by nature, a man of deep sympathies—but he has been driven to despair by watching humans fighting and struggling against one another, and he comes to believe that the only way for people to live in beauty, without strife or struggle, is by reducing the number of people living in the world. He restored the ultimate weapon, which had been sealed away 3,000 years earlier, and then, using the power of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas or Yveltal, he attempted to eradicate life.

Legends of the Past

p09_01_EN.jpgp09_02_EN.jpgp09_03_EN.jpgp09_04_EN.jpg

You won’t only find Ultra Beasts in the worlds that lie beyond an Ultra Wormhole. You can even encounter Legendary Pokémon, such as Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and others. In fact, all the Legendary Pokémon of yore will appear in the worlds you explore in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon! Get them on your team! 

Some of the Legendary Pokémon that you can encounter differ, depending on which game you’re playing. By exploring both Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you can encounter and catch all the Legendary Pokémon that appeared in previous Pokémon series games.

DNo-nDgU8AAWmnp.jpg

The following Pokémon appear in Pokémon Ultra Sun only: Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas.

The following Pokémon appear in Pokémon Ultra Moon only: Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal.

p10_03.jpg

Most of the Legendary Pokémon that you can encounter await you in the worlds beyond Ultra Wormholes, but some Legendary Pokémon can be encountered when you fulfill special conditions. For example, you can encounter Giratina if you have both Dialga, which can be encountered in Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Palkia, which can be encountered in Pokémon Ultra Moon, as allies.

These Pokémon will appear only when specific Pokémon are in your party:

• Suicune (with Raikou and Entei present)
  • Rayquaza (with Groudon and Kyogre present)
  • Giratina (with Dialga and Palkia present)
  • Kyurem (with Reshiram and Zekrom present)
  • Landorus (with Tornadus and Thundurus present)

The Battle Agency

DNoj-RzUIAAOJwe.jpg:large

p15_01_EN.jpgp15_02_EN.jpgp15_03_EN.jpgp15_04_EN.jpgp15_05_EN.jpgp15_06.jpg

The Battle Agency is a new facility where you can enjoy battling by easily renting powerful Pokémon.

When you don your sunglasses and become an “agent” at this facility, you can take part in Single Battles using rental Pokémon. You'll have three such Pokémon to command as you try to defeat the three Pokémon in your opponent's team. Try to win your way to being the best of all the agents! 

The Pokémon you can rent for these battles will increase as you mingle with other players around you or over the internet. Connect with formidable players, and you’ll be able to rent powerful Pokémon. So communicate with lots of other players, choose the Pokémon you like best from those available to rent, and aim to become the top agent!

Totem Stickers

Totem_Sticker_art_350x350.png

p16_01_EN.jpgp16_02.jpgp16_04.jpgp16_03.jpg

With Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon,you’ll be able to collect stickers called Totem Stickers all around Alola. Totem Stickers glitter and shine in the field.

If you collect these Totem Stickers, you’ll be able to get a huge totem-like Pokémon for your team, based on how many stickers you’ve collected. It’ll surely shock your opponents to see you using these oversized totem-like Pokémon in battle!

The totem-like Pokémon that you can get as allies can differ based on whether you’re playing Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon. For example, you can get Lurantis as an ally in Pokémon Ultra Sun or Salazzle in Pokémon Ultra Moon. Search every corner of the Alola region and collect masses of Totem Stickers!

Island Scans

p18_05_EN.jpg

When you scan in QR Code patterns with the QR Scanner, your Rotom Dex will store up points. Once you have 100 points, you’ll be able to use the Rotom Dex’s Island Scan function. Then you can use Island Scan to scan the island you’re currently on and find rare Pokémon you would normally never encounter in the Alola region.

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon,you’ll be able to encounter Pokémon that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon,such as Charmander, Grovyle, Greninja, and others.

Keep on finding more and more rare Pokémon with Island Scan!

Edited by Sonictrainer
New Information and Video
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, the biggest problem I had with Sun was a rather lacking 'Dex. See, I like to take multiple runs of a Pokemon game and use a different team every time to try new strategies and such, which became a bit of an issue because again, the Alolan 'Dex has barely anything in it.SO honestly, if all these updated games had were an expanded 'Dex, I'd buy 'em. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 3

It depends on if you mean more Generation VII Pokemon, or just more Pokemon in general...  If it's the latter, we do know that they've expanded the Pokedex, and I believe there was an implication somewhere that they'd reshuffled some of the existing encounters so you could get certain Pokemon earlier than you could in SM.  Part of what I like about the extra versions is playing through again with a team which wouldn't have been possible in the original game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I literally only just noticed: Maxie and Archie are in their original Gen 3 designs instead of their remake ones. Could that mean something? Like, multiverse-something?

Almost certainly, yes.  The leaks state that these are all alt-universe versions of the characters, so using classic Maxie and Archie rather than their new designs from only a few years ago underlines the idea that there are multiple of them.

Old Archie just looks so bad now that we have the new one. I like what's shown but I'll pass on this one. U already have all lengdarys.  I do hope the game on switch is a free roam like botw

Am I the only one who is going to be dissapointed in USUM? It just feels empty with a lack of 100+ pokemon like they used to do during gen 5 and below. Bringing back old villains(even their original designs) and other old features is a cheaper way to let people buy it because of nostalgia(nothing really wrong with having nostalgia). I was very disappointed in gen 6, because it felt empty and could've added more features like a post story.  The story of bland, the villains are just a joke and not even a threat, and once you finished the game, that's it. No post story or anything. ORAS didn't make up any of that.

I though the game is also about catching them all, but with only 70 or 80 new pokemon, you'll end up having 90% of them even before the main story even finish. And the remaining are pokemon from older gens.

Im hoping the new pokemon game on the switch will change most of that.

If I'm sounding a bit harsh or ignorant, I'm sorry I am coming off that way... I'm just speaking my opinion.

I think those are fair criticisms.  Alola had relatively few new Pokemon (and new forms), and in Sun/Moon the problem was exacerbated by the fact that they were really lost in the number of old Pokemon.  It felt more like a newcomers' game, a game for people for whom all the Pokemon are new, rather than a game for previous players, who really have to dig to find the new ones.  It's actually worth reflecting that, counting new Pokemon with Alolan forms, there are indeed about a hundred new Pokemon, which is more than in some generations - but a significant percentage of those are basically legendaries, and mostly postgame-exclusive at that, and the rest really do feel so thinly spaced-out.  Which is why USUM really needs to add more Alolan Forms; fingers crossed for Friday.

Rainbow Rocket is deeply silly but I am assuming it is a postgame storyline, something that's just for fun rather than being the main point of the game or a real sales draw.  Actually, to be honest, USUM's entire plot to me looks like a deeply fanfictionesque imposition on the purer, almost character-driven narrative of Sun/Moon, but I can cut it some slack on that for being an extra version.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, FFWF said:

I think those are fair criticisms.  Alola had relatively few new Pokemon (and new forms), and in Sun/Moon the problem was exacerbated by the fact that they were really lost in the number of old Pokemon.  It felt more like a newcomers' game, a game for people for whom all the Pokemon are new, rather than a game for previous players, who really have to dig to find the new ones.  It's actually worth reflecting that, counting new Pokemon with Alolan forms, there are indeed about a hundred new Pokemon, which is more than in some generations - but a significant percentage of those are basically legendaries, and mostly postgame-exclusive at that, and the rest really do feel so thinly spaced-out.  Which is why USUM really needs to add more Alolan Forms; fingers crossed for Friday.

Rainbow Rocket is deeply silly but I am assuming it is a postgame storyline, something that's just for fun rather than being the main point of the game or a real sales draw.  Actually, to be honest, USUM's entire plot to me looks like a deeply fanfictionesque imposition on the purer, almost character-driven narrative of Sun/Moon, but I can cut it some slack on that for being an extra version.

I understand that it was mostly for newcomers. I still feel like the alolan forms are just forms of older pokemon, which doesnt really count as new pokemon to me, but just new forms. Technically, yes, but still are just new versions of old pokemon, maybe give other gen pokemon alolan forms? Because there only giving us first gen pokemon, which is limiting and boring. Instead of adding 10 legendaries, they should add new pokemon, or added a form or two to newer Pokemon, and make them actually catchable in-game instead of an event. They should also add more ultra beasts and make more variety, but I can understand that there's not really that much space on a cartridge. I am really hoping that Rainbow Rocket is not the real threat, that would be really silly.

I'm hoping that they reveal something that'll change my mind.

Also, I thought this was the continuation of S/M, I want to know if Lillie will come back...

• Thumbs Up 1

Leak spoiler.

Gamefreak, don't do it.

Necrozma is fine as a pure Psychic type and adapting the typing of Lunala and Solgaleo, you don't need to give into the need of making an ultimate dragon type for Alola.

Gamefreak.

GAMEFREAK.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

STOP.

Edit: Oh, and you made the UB Adhesive evolve into a Dragon type too? 

I mean I did think it had a dragon tinge already with that tail, but still. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

Any images?

Spoiler

DOGgaK5W0AAQnTA.jpg

His name is Zeraora and, honestly, looks like a Digimon reject.

• Thumbs Up 3

GameFreak why.  (Leak spoilers.)

Spoiler

No new Alolan Forms...  I guess the writing had been on the wall for a while, but I just couldn't fathom how they could miss such an obvious draw.  They had about the same development gap as they got to add a dozen new Mega Evolutions to ORAS, but instead we just got more legendaries to add to the pile of legendaries they aren't doing anything with anyway.  What a waste.

So that's a letdown, but from what I've heard then the story is quite different, and that's a large part of what I'm in for.

1 hour ago, Cayenne said:
  Hide contents

DOGgaK5W0AAQnTA.jpg

Or a Super Saiyan Tom and I can't have been the only person to come to that conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Cayenne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DOGgaK5W0AAQnTA.jpg

Or you could almost say he's a Werehogged up version of a Forces Avatar.

• Chuckle 2

10 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Leak spoiler.

Hide contents

Gamefreak, don't do it.

Necrozma is fine as a pure Psychic type and adapting the typing of Lunala and Solgaleo, you don't need to give into the need of making an ultimate dragon type for Alola.

Gamefreak.

GAMEFREAK.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

STOP.

Edit: Oh, and you made the UB Adhesive evolve into a Dragon type too? 

I mean I did think it had a dragon tinge already with that tail, but still. 

I caved and peeked at this...

Spoiler

...and I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with this. Regular Necrozma's such a cool looking Pokémon, and this... this honestly feels pretty lacklustre. I liked the uniqueness of the antithesis of a sun lion and a moon bat being an all-black prism alien, but... a light dragon? For a form that's been hiding in plain sight since day one, I can't say I'm impressed. But from glancing over a synopsis, I'm glad it seems they didn't cop out and say that the URS were the real bad guys all along or whatever.

From a gameplay standpoint, unless I'm missing something here... it seems like this renders Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings obsolete before they've even had a game to shine in. Like, it's bad enough regular Necrozma has no reason to ever be used with those two around, but if there's an "ultimate" Necrozma form, is there any reason you wouldn't use that instead? That's why I gave a pass on Kyurem not having a "complete" form, since it'd demote Black/White Kyurem to mere stepping stones.

Also wow, that new Mythical. Are they trying to recapture the glory days of Lucario or something? I can't see it as anything but a Sonichu parody.