Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

One thing I've been curious about has to do with a Pokemon's "happiness." In previous games, giving them items, haircuts, etc. affected it and, in turn, certain moves and evolutions. What I'm wondering is, now that Pokemon-amie is a thing, will they try to integrate it more into a Pokemon's "happines" this generation, or will they still separate them like in Gen VI?

I just thought of this now and I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but do you think they'll bring back the customization clothes from X&Y?

Conspiracy theory time: I'm starting to wonder if they had to rush the jump to Gen VII as they had Sun/Moon in development as 3DS games but then learned that the NX was rumbling along far sooner than expected - so in order to get Sun/Moon out on the 3DS before it became obsolete, they had to hurry development along, perhaps sacrificing a Z version along the way.  It is looking increasingly likely that Sun/Moon and the NX will release within a few months of each other, after all, despite the former still being 3DS games, which seems even odder than it did for Black 2 / White 2.  But that's all wild speculation given that we know basically nothing right now about S/M (...uh, that acronym, whoops).

1 hour ago, Potada said:

One thing I've been curious about has to do with a Pokemon's "happiness." In previous games, giving them items, haircuts, etc. affected it and, in turn, certain moves and evolutions. What I'm wondering is, now that Pokemon-amie is a thing, will they try to integrate it more into a Pokemon's "happines" this generation, or will they still separate them like in Gen VI?

Happiness and affection really should just have been folded into one another; I honestly don't see the point in having them be separate things.  But then again, knowing GameFreak, come Sun/Moon then maybe Amie will suddenly be gone and forgotten forever, much like:

45 minutes ago, Omega Pipe said:

I just thought of this now and I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but do you think they'll bring back the customization clothes from X&Y?

Didn't they insist in an interview once that trainer customisation and fashion were intended to be unique to Kalos?  That was probably just a handwave answer to justify not putting in the effort to implement them into ORAS, but still, I wouldn't hold your breath for them returning for Sun/Moon.  Or for any other bells and whistles, for that matter.  GameFreak are hard to predict.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Conspiracy theory time: I'm starting to wonder if they had to rush the jump to Gen VII as they had Sun/Moon in development as 3DS games but then learned that the NX was rumbling along far sooner than expected - so in order to get Sun/Moon out on the 3DS before it became obsolete, they had to hurry development along, perhaps sacrificing a Z version along the way.  It is looking increasingly likely that Sun/Moon and the NX will release within a few months of each other, after all, despite the former still being 3DS games, which seems even odder than it did for Black 2 / White 2.  But that's all wild speculation given that we know basically nothing right now about S/M (...uh, that acronym, whoops).

Yes, it seems like Sun and Moon will be the games leading up to a third expanded version!  

Then, also if the new location is adjacent to Kalos, it may even be that the new third version will conclude the stories of both regions!!  :o:)

6 hours ago, Omega Pipe said:

I really, really hope they do. ORAS didn't have it, and I understand they did not because they wanted to keep the protagonists very similar to the originals, but that honestly killed a lot of the feeling of life for me. Somehow simply removing that in ORAS made the game feel dull and boring for me.

Does anyone else hope they KEEP the chibi overworld models? I see a lot of people saying they want them to use larger models, but I kind of feel the opposite way. I really enjoy seeing the small, cute models most of the time, then seeing the higher detail ones when something big happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've given up on expecting Game Freak to bring back useful or otherwise cool features from past gens. So no, I'm not holding my breath for customization. I would love to be surprised though.

To me it's expecting what Game Freak won't bring back than the opposite being true at this point.

Yes I'm still a little sad Habitat List didn't become a mainstay feature 

17 hours ago, FFWF said:

Its been three years since X & Y, that's generally the time frame for a new generation, so it doesn't feel "rushed" to me. 

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say that I don't think a "Z version" was really necessary, particularly because most third versions felt a bit superfluous to me. While I did buy them, I always felt a tinge of annoyance with what was essentially buying the same game as the initial paired versions, but better :V I give Black 2 and White 2 a lot of credit for not just making an updated release, but a full blown sequel that incorporate the same elements the third versions do.

And its not like everything related to Zygarde can't be resolved in Sun and Moon either.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, what would have been improved in Z? There probably wouldn't be anything significant, except maybe a battle frontier, but that should have been in ORAS anyway. Zygarde's perfect form can be given a post game side story in Sun and Moon, although, to be honest, who really cared about Zygarde's forms anyway? He wasn't a particularly interesting Pokemon. 

29 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, what would have been improved in Z? There probably wouldn't be anything significant, except maybe a battle frontier, but that should have been in ORAS anyway. Zygarde's perfect form can be given a post game side story in Sun and Moon, although, to be honest, who really cared about Zygarde's forms anyway? He wasn't a particularly interesting Pokemon. 

Well that's not really the point lol, I'm sure there are lots of fans of Zygarde, its just that it doesn't necessarily need to be featured in a glorified expansion pack (and yes, I know this can apply to every other game, but its particularly blatant with the "third" versions).

Hilariously, Zygarde is heavily featured in the Anime, something that has never happened with any prior "third" version legendary, whom all got their own movies. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For what it's worth, I felt that there was a lot that was... not wrong, exactly, but deficient about X/Y, and I was looking forward to the hope of an overhaul with Z.  It's not that I'm mourning the loss of a remixed game that I'm expected to pay full price for, I'm just concerned at the versions we're getting possibly feeling incomplete, forever.  See also: The way nobody wanted a Delta Emerald, but everyone wanted a lot of Emerald content to get integrated into ORAS... which also didn't happen.

16 minutes ago, FFWF said:

For what it's worth, I felt that there was a lot that was... not wrong, exactly, but deficient about X/Y, and I was looking forward to the hope of an overhaul with Z.  It's not that I'm mourning the loss of a remixed game that I'm expected to pay full price for, I'm just concerned at the versions we're getting possibly feeling incomplete, forever.  See also: The way nobody wanted a Delta Emerald, but everyone wanted a lot of Emerald content to get integrated into ORAS... which also didn't happen.

That's my thing though, do we really need them to make a game to "fix"  what was wrong with X & Y? I'd rather they just learn from their mistakes and apply that to a newer game.

13 hours ago, N8te said:

Does anyone else hope they KEEP the chibi overworld models? I see a lot of people saying they want them to use larger models, but I kind of feel the opposite way. I really enjoy seeing the small, cute models most of the time, then seeing the higher detail ones when something big happens.

Yeah I like the fairly more chibi overworld models on Omega Ruby, ETC, they are cute. I tend to often like semi-big chibi types of art styles.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

So I'm guessing this new region will be based on Hawaii? 

I've been hearing theories about the region being Hawaii based on:

• the Vivillion that appears in the trailer has a pattern exclusive to players in Hawaii
  • Hawaii has yellow firetrucks
  • the mysterious wireframe bird may actually be a Hummingbird that's only found in Hawaii
  • the Strange Souvenir you get in OR/AS looks like a tiki
  • Hawaii is the "Rainbow" state

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

I've been hearing theories about the region being Hawaii based on:

• the Vivillion that appears in the trailer has a pattern exclusive to players in Hawaii
  • Hawaii has yellow firetrucks
  • the mysterious wireframe bird may actually be a Hummingbird that's only found in Hawaii
  • the Strange Souvenir you get in OR/AS looks like a tiki
  • Hawaii is the "Rainbow" state

I guess that it could be based on Hawaii but also be connected to land, otherwise if it will even be distant islands, while there were some incidental, aesthetic airplanes in Black/White, maybe there will be a travel system similar to the boats and trains that could fit in to the concept people have about travelling to other regions too! 

An island chain setting does sound like an interesting choice, and brings me back to the Sevii Islands from the Gen 1 remakes (and the Orange Islands, I guess).  But you know what this means: "Too much water," 2.0.  We'll see the odd boat or plane, but most of the time, we'll be Surfing for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless they're taking the idea of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness for the main series. That being you have somewhere to "leave" and choose where you want to go next. Though obviously not everywhere is unlocked at once. Sure, you'd have sea routes and grass routes, possibly even a desert, but most travel it would be out of the player control beyond selecting where to go.

Of course, it could be that there's a few larger islands based on Hawaii instead of a massive amount of smaller ones to make the game that bit more accessible.

Damn, the dream's gone... again.  Guess I'm back to praying for it to happen (shame, since I love the pineapple head).

The XY&Z film preview shows some unique parallels to the storyline in Gold and Silver, where in this case there is a device in a rod or wand that is able to force Mega Evolution.  It is not possible to say yet whether the Azoth kingdom and the storyline shown in the film will be in Sun and Moon or not.

Many people are wondering if there will be Mega Evolutions including multiple forms for the Johto starting Pokemon. Mega Meganium Sun and Mega Meganium Moon are fun to see in writing at least! 

Or Mega Evolution based on the time of day to give different forms.

Could be an interesting concept.