Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

On that note: you think Espeon and Umbreon will have more prevalent presence in these new games?

Only if Solrock and Lunatone do.  It'd be neat if they did something interesting like having a gym in Sun by a Psychic-type whose leader has an Espeon, but in Moon it's a Dark-type and the leader has an Umbreon.  (Or vice-versa.)

Solrock and Lunatone Megas should also be obligatory.  Differentiate them into Fire/Psychic and Fairy/Psychic, perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why would they change a Pokémon's typing though? Even through Mega Evolution? Adding, yes. But to change one? I couldn't see it happening unless the Mega completely changes to not look like rock.

As for Umbreon and Espeon showing up in form major/minor way, I'd like that. Maybe a rival or secondary character comes in half-way through the game with them for you to battle. Or maybe the evil team leader has one depending on game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega-Charizard X is Fire/Dragon. Mega Gyarados is Water/Dark. Type changes have happened before. o:

It happened to Azurill in retrospect (because Marill came first chronologically). And Fletchling too on that note. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Corocoro traditionally comes out on the 15th of each month we may get more news from SuMo there. On the other hand, doesn't printed media of that type usually promote what's going to be in the next issue in a prior one, from either a couple of items to more to discuss?

• Thumbs Up 1

There really are many interesting possibilities!  Overall the balance in introducing new evolutions and types (either type-types and also baby, mega, and the unnamed but unique unexpected next evolutions that used to be introduced in groups similar to how mega evolutions are now) has been done very artfully.  It is interesting to realize that Pokemon is basically going to, like each of the other major series, keep going, and the teams working on it seem to be doing well preparing for that!  Even just coincidences like Mega Flygon 's design not making sense have led to, hopefully, its introduction in this game along with maybe some others, perhaps Kingdra or Dragonite!  I would say that along with Solrock and Lunatone as mentioned, a Mega evolution for Dragonite seems somewhat inevitable with this being the anniversary game, though it may not be..! 

• 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like footage is coming on April 3rd!

it has been confirmed that in the episode of Gathering at the Pokémon House, the variety show that airs in Japan every Sunday, that airs on April 3rd, series Director Junichi Masuda will be on, alongside battle director Shigeki Morimoto and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire game director Shigeru Ohmori and will talk about the new games, presumably Pokémon Sun & Moon and will feature the first TV aired footage. It is not known if the footage will be released officially on the Internet beforehand but we will post as soon as anything is revealed.

Don't forget Pokemon trainers there's going to be a Pokemon livestream today for Pokemon Sun and Moon and begins around 4 PM in PT.  There's a timer in this stream too so that you guys don't get confuse with the time it starts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this the same group that gave the world premier of Pokemon HG SS? Because I don't know if I want to stick around for an hour just to be shown 10 seconds of footage.

How long is the stream going to be? Dragon Ball Super starts an hour after the stream starts, so hopefully it doesn't go for too long.

All I heard is that it's from the Gathering in Pokemon house show. Yeah, so put that expectations a bit low but at least they might be footage and don't forget the we'll also  corocoro news this month too.

Go into this with 0% expectation, given the nature of the show. Remember this was the same show (in concept) that had the HGSS (the ten second New Bark Town footage) and ORAS (the brief Kyorge and Groudon video) 'reveals'.

Even if there's nothing of note here, we are pretty much guaranteed SOMETHING in the next CoroCoro regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

And to the surprise of absolutely no one, we got nothing.

See you in 2 weeks when CoroCoro comes out.

27 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Nothing? Didn't they say there'd be footage?

They replayed the teaser trailer we got back in the Pokemon Direct and then they spent a few minutes discussing the behind-the-scenes clips from it (the concept art, the wireframe of the new Pokemon, etc.)

That was it.

1 hour ago, Doctor MK said:

They replayed the teaser trailer we got back in the Pokemon Direct and then they spent a few minutes discussing the behind-the-scenes clips from it (the concept art, the wireframe of the new Pokemon, etc.)

That was it.

Well, that sucks. I wasn't expecting much, but I was hoping for a little bit at least. I don't know why they're so reluctant to show this. They should've had a trailer like XY's from the start.

Yes, they did announce the game in a very odd way - just a few shots of behind-the-scenes work, which are the sort of things they usually never show.  Perhaps X/Y got the bigger song and dance for being the first fully 3D game, and ORAS was a bit different because it was a remake, but still, it's all been oddly low-key so far for Sun/Moon, and we know almost nothing about it.  It was more of an announcement of an announcement...

All they said was that it would be the first showing of SM on TV.

And it was just that. Nothing was ever said about gameplay footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly think they only showed it off so early, in such a state, because it was Pokemon Day- to celebrate such an important anniversary. Every Pokemon game ever has had at least a few seconds of gameplay footage when it was announced, before Sun & Moon's announcement happened. It broke a trend and that alone shows that it was different than the norm: Nintendo (and Game Freak) do not usually show games this early on, for exactly this reason: they have very little to show for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Shade Vortex said:

I honestly think they only showed it off so early, in such a state, because it was Pokemon Day- to celebrate such an important anniversary. Every Pokemon game ever has had at least a few seconds of gameplay footage when it was announced, before Sun & Moon's announcement happened. It broke a trend and that alone shows that it was different than the norm: Nintendo (and Game Freak) do not usually show games this early on, for exactly this reason: they have very little to show for it.

This early on? It's coming out this year. X&Y were announced in January 2013 and released in October of the same year.

Well, it still seems like S&M got announced earlier on than usual for Pokemon. It comes out Holiday 2016, so that's likely sometime in November. They got announced in February on the 25th. That is about 9 months ahead of time. Though that is the same as the time for X&Y, so I dunno, maybe they don't want to show off anything of S&M early on this time? I dunno, I feel like it got shown off in such an unusual fashion -because- of how it's an anniversary tie-in game that was announced on the anniversary.