Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

That doesn't really add up though. Like Marcello said, XY was announced in January and released in October. That's 10 months, a longer distance than this supposed one.

My main point that makes it different is the anniversary. That alone can change plans or marketing approaches. Maybe they decided to use a less is more approach to build up hype. X and Y are not as significant as Sun and Moon for the anniversary tie in alone. Besides, Nintendo (and probably Game Freak by proxy) have changed approaches since Kimishima became president. Maybe they'll be more willing to just announce games with concept art now in general, who knows.

Even if my speculation is wrong, this still is the first time a Pokemon game got announced without gameplay footage. That has to be significant somehow.

The only thing it could mean, other than being a carrot on a stick, is that it won't actually be released this year. That is not the kind of thing you want to make it look like.

8 hours ago, Shade Vortex said:

My main point that makes it different is the anniversary. That alone can change plans or marketing approaches. Maybe they decided to use a less is more approach to build up hype. X and Y are not as significant as Sun and Moon for the anniversary tie in alone. Besides, Nintendo (and probably Game Freak by proxy) have changed approaches since Kimishima became president. Maybe they'll be more willing to just announce games with concept art now in general, who knows.

Even if my speculation is wrong, this still is the first time a Pokemon game got announced without gameplay footage. That has to be significant somehow.

Not quite. Black and White were announced with just their title and Japanese logos. Although the time between its announcement and actually seeing gameplay was much shorter than SuMo is getting.

I'm convinced by the suggestion on the previous page that this wasn't a "real" announcement, and that's why we got titles and logos but no actual in-game content.  Consider this: If we hadn't been given the game's titles, we'd have regarded this "announcement" as simply a teaser, and perhaps that is indeed how we should be thinking of it.  They're holding all the real details off for a later and fuller announcement... rather than spinning us out for pretty much a year.

A possible scenario is that.....

Some new material (but not actually a demo) will be shown during the spring/summer game conferences, and then perhaps with the XY&Z film there will be a special trailer with the most new material from the games being revealed to date!  :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:14 AM, expansivelovestories said:

A possible scenario is that.....

Some new material (but not actually a demo) will be shown during the spring/summer game conferences, and then perhaps with the XY&Z film there will be a special trailer with the most new material from the games being revealed to date!  :) 

I reckon we'll get some new material...you know, basic info/starters/cover legendaries up soon. I'm a firm believer in CoroCoro leaks :P However, it wouldn't surprise me if your theory of the film trailer is correct, I'm certain that they had a special trailer for X/Y in film just before it, and it was where Trevenant was first shown, albeit unofficially.

Speaking of CoroCoro...less than a week til it leaks?

• Thumbs Up 1

Witness! The box art for Sun and Moon!

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro5161.jpg

...guess the legendaries are 2bright4mortals, huh :U

Oh yeah, also Magearna's a Steel/Fairy, but we pretty much all sussed that out:

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro5162.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder if there will be more than one Pokemon on the Boxart this time?

3 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Witness! The box art for Sun and Moon!

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro5161.jpg

...guess the legendaries are 2bright4mortals, huh :U

tumblr_ne6qv3NEGY1r6c5nzo1_500_zpsywjpwr

AH MAH EYES! Not that CROW can't see the full box art ;D

I can see some of the logo and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe a claw on Sun's box but that's all I can make out. The Jojo text better be in the final product.

Let's hope there's actual news soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, can we just get some news... Has it ever taken this long to get, well, anything pertaining to a new Pokemon game?

I saw that, but I want news now. It's been practically 2 months, and we have nothing.

Ah.

They've probably got a good reason as to why it's taking a while. It's possible they just announced it early for Pokemon Day or whatever, and it wasn't ready yet.

You know part of me doesn't want news now.

Mostly because for the last 2 Gens, every pokemon has been slowly been shown and spoiled by leaks and news. I was hoping Gen 6 would be a lot more fresher but even then the leaks were everywhere and we knew everything way a month or two before its release. I want to go into a pokemon game for once and be surprised by what pokemon you'll run in to.

I don't mind hearing some news but I'm getting tired of leaks and spoilers now.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

You know part of me doesn't want news now.

Mostly because for the last 2 Gens, every pokemon has been slowly been shown and spoiled by leaks and news. I was hoping Gen 6 would be a lot more fresher but even then the leaks were everywhere and we knew everything way a month or two before its release. I want to go into a pokemon game for once and be surprised by what pokemon you'll run in to.

I don't mind hearing some news but I'm getting tired of leaks and spoilers now.

I agree with this, I just don't like how they're cockteasting, either show something or don't.

• Thumbs Up 3

Meh, I like knowing what's available ahead of time so I can loosely plan my team. 

Eh, in my opinion I'd want to see no more than the three starters, the new legendaries and maybe some early NPCs or the first gym leader. Just enough to get a taste of the feel of the game. A majority of the new Pokemon I want unspoiled.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to not want everything to be spoiled ahead of time, but getting the starters and some other very basic info would be appreciated. It's not like they would HAVE to follow that up by revealing everything else pre-release.

1 hour ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

I saw that, but I want news now. It's been practically 2 months, and we have nothing.

Well....

*Looks at the sonic franchise*

At least you got SOMETHING!

• Thumbs Up 1

Give us silhouettes at the very least. That way the internet can have its fun with fakemons

• Thumbs Up 6

The rate at which we're getting 'news' is certainly interesting. I don't ever remember this long of a wait between the logo reveals and not even boxart/starters being revealed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 13/04/2016 at 1:03 AM, Sean said:

Give us silhouettes at the very least. That way the internet can have its fun with fakemons

The silhouette promotion for Gen IV (I think they just did it with Zoroark for Gen V, and that's been it since then) was one of my favourite promotional gimmicks; I still remember people thinking Chatot was a Murkrow evolution with a scythe (and then we got a Murkrow evolution anyway).  With social media as it stands today, it'd be an excellent time to return to this method as fanart is so much more easily circulated.

• Thumbs Up 1