Awoo.

Sonic CD iPhone Port by The Taxman!

Slingerland

http://sonicstadium.org/news/sega-wants-ip...-ports-sonic-cd

Discuss.

The Taxman, like Stealth, is very good at dropping bombs. I have watched Taxman for days as he held back this news from the Sonic community. Now that he has revealed it on Sonic Fan Games HQ, it’s time for everybody to know and shit a brick.

Taxman has been working hard the past few months to port Sonic CD to the iPhone using his famous “Retro-Engine Software Development Kit,” formerly known as the “Retro-Sonic Engine.” The engine is famously used in the Sonic Nexus and Retro-Sonic XG projects. The project uses none of the game’s original programming and is built from the ground up in Taxman’s “RSDK.” It only took him a few weeks to port Palmtree Panic and all of its time periods to the iPhone. Also, the game runs at a perfect frame rate.

Recently, Taxman sent an e-mail to SEGA Europe about his iPhone port. He has yet to receive return contact from them. On Monday, July 27th, SEGA of America’s blog asked the fans which classic SEGA game that they’d like to see ported to the iPhone/iPod Touch. With that announcement, Taxman decided to reveal to all of you his amazing project and he wants you to answer one question:

The question is, do YOU want it? Let SEGA know. This is more than just one of their crappy emulator ports, we’re talking iPhone exclusive enhancements and features (I’ve got some cool plans)

Please, get SEGA to pick up this port of Sonic CD. It’s flawless. Given the history of SEGA’s iPhone ports, with the Streets of Rage one being exceptionally horrible, we need an amazing game like this one to hit our mobile devices.

READ UP ON TAXMAN’S SONIC CD PORT TO THE iPHONE: http://www.christianwhitehead.com/soniccd/view.html

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slingerland

• Blacklightning

• Phos

• Tornado

Now, if only they could use his fucking awesome engine for something other then iPhone ports. (touch controls do not do it for me)

I'll cry rainbows of joy for some kind of sonic game built on this for XBLA

Now, if only they could use his fucking awesome engine for something other then iPhone ports. (touch controls do not do it for me)

The RSDK can be ported to most consoles, really. Just so you know ;)

Like said at Retro, this is just flat out amazing, and is the best thing to happen to the Sonic franchise in forever.

Also to note, they said they were going to think about it... SEGA, I SWEAR, ACCEPT!!!!!

The RSDK can be ported to most consoles, really. Just so you know

I'm gonna die from too much awesome. XP

Edited by Azukara

He's already been in contact with Sega about it.

Oh, I know. And I know that Sega is generally above such douchebaggery. I was more mumbling to myself out loud than anything else.

We've been making Sonic fangames and projects for a decade now. SEGA knows about us but has yet to bother us once. I doubt that they'll issue a cease and desist order.

Also, SEGA's Twitter says the following:

Thx for all the messages about the Sonic CD vid. I have the link & your requests on my list. Will bring it up at our brainstorming meeting.

Retro Sonic XG on XBLA/PSN/PSP/WiiWare? :U

Hey, if they just tweaked the graphics enough that they don't resemble the original ripped graphics, finished the game off, and changed any music that isn't original content, I'd certainly pay download price for RSXG.

This will make me very happy if true. My iPod Touch has been feeling pretty empty lately.

And watch they respond to him with a cease and desist.

That usually only applies to fan games that pretty much steal everything about the originals.

This is just helping Sega port games over to other handhelds and consoles.

"That usually only applies to fan games that pretty much steal everything about the originals."

Not one Sonic fangame has ever been issued a cease and desist. Even ones that do what you describe.

"That usually only applies to fan games that pretty much steal everything about the originals."

Not one Sonic fangame has ever been issued a cease and desist. Even ones that do what you describe.

Sonic GL. That was cancelled due to legal troubles, was it not?

Bosser Jerome put it on hold/canceled it because he thought Sonic 06 was A. coming to the PC and B. going to be good. He's since resumed development of it, though I don't know how much he's actually done.